wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

There were two times I generated tasks both of which had multiple parts to them.

The first was "Attack the civilian objective" with a subtask of "Clear the town". This area ended up being basically a shack in the middle of nowhere. We did have a large fire-fight around it and then we just hung out at the shack for a while. It is possible that perhaps there were still enemy around but don't think so. I had all debugging turned on and there weren't any enemy markers close enough I don't think (closest maybe 500-600m away). Not sure if perhaps we didn't wait long enough but I figured after a few minutes I wasn't going to stick around any longer.

The second was "Attack Emplacement" with 2 subtasks. First "Move to forming up point" and then "Attack objective". None of these completed automatically. The objective had no enemy and we just tooled around it for a while and then got bored.

I am running into the same thing with these two objectives. Clear the Town results in a camp near a town, but clearing everything even within 1000m doesn't end the task. Attack Emplacement objectives clear themselves as it doesn't ever create anything, so eventually it just says you cleared it. Defending objectives is the same way. Nothing ever actually comes and attacks the base, but eventually it says you succeeded.

I am running into the same thing with these two objectives. Clear the Town results in a camp near a town, but clearing everything even within 1000m doesn't end the task. Attack Emplacement objectives clear themselves as it doesn't ever create anything, so eventually it just says you cleared it. Defending objectives is the same way. Nothing ever actually comes and attacks the base, but eventually it says you succeeded.

Can you guys post a ticket on our tracker? http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

Thanks!

Yes, i reported crash to BIS and included core file and some log lines.

We now running windows server and everything seems to be OK even on maps like fallujah with loads of enemies. Even solid FPS.

Question - on maps with hangars from A2 (i assume) enemy planes spawns in that hangars, unable to move, sometimes they explode. Is there any workaround for that problem? I fly alot, and having some dogfighting will be nice.

Same problem with enemy helis, they always spawns on ground. Is there any way to spawn them "in flight"?

ooops

Ok can you give us specific maps?

We reported an issue to BIS about hangars being back to front on Stratis and Altis.

Voted, but my issue is about A2 hangars, not A3 :)

Can someone in the know give me some guidance on enemy Jets.

So I've tried placing them manually - syncing them to the profile module.

I've tried specifying them (Su-22's very nice on Isla Dual btw) in the Cas module and then syncing THAT to the opcom...

But if I get jets at all they just take off and head south west and fly around in circles.. I cannot for the life of me get sensible Opcom driven fast movers ?

Any pointers ?

SJ

Can someone in the know give me some guidance on enemy Jets.

So I've tried placing them manually - syncing them to the profile module.

I've tried specifying them (Su-22's very nice on Isla Dual btw) in the Cas module and then syncing THAT to the opcom...

But if I get jets at all they just take off and head south west and fly around in circles.. I cannot for the life of me get sensible Opcom driven fast movers ?

Any pointers ?

SJ

I use the script version of GAIA in my missions to get the ai to call both ai artillery and ai air support. When air units are profiled it seems that the OPCOM won't

Use them.

Well glad it's not JUST me lol

hmm - doesn't GAIA interfere with ALiVE profiled group managment ? i.e. Waypoints etc ?

Hi

i've got a question about ALiVE, i was setup a Mission on Bornholm. But i got a notice on every Start.

"Tgere are 90 objectives for this OPCOM instance! Please lower the objective count for performance reasons, suggested is below 80!"

how i lower the count. I don't find a solution or option in the OPCOM Module.

Change the objective priorities. Change it from filtering low priorities to low + medium priorities.

Well glad it's not JUST me lol

hmm - doesn't GAIA interfere with ALiVE profiled group managment ? i.e. Waypoints etc ?

Not if you dont virtualize the air or artillery units you wanna use, when you use the gaia script you also choose what units that will be under gaia, so no they wont interfere. But ofcourse the ai will only use its air assets and artillery against uncached units. It works really fine for me and my group.

Here is the link for the gaia script i use, and you dont have to have mcc enabled when you use it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183056-Mission-Template-Stand-Alone-GAIA-Make-missions-FAST-by-using-MCC-GAIA-engine

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Hi

i've got a question about ALiVE, i was setup a Mission on Bornholm. But i got a notice on every Start.

"Tgere are 90 objectives for this OPCOM instance! Please lower the objective count for performance reasons, suggested is below 80!"

how i lower the count. I don't find a solution or option in the OPCOM Module.

You can also make a taor marker that not fills all of bornholm, then you will get less objectives for the opcom

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Any chance of getting the Islands Tropica and Lost islands indexed? I use them alot and would be great for my group atleast if they could?

And again thanks for this great addon.

Sixt

Not if you dont virtualize the air or artillery units you wanna use, when you use the gaia script you also choose what units that will be under gaia, so no they wont interfere. But ofcourse the ai will only use its air assets and artillery against uncached units. It works really fine for me and my group.

Here is the link for the gaia script i use, and you dont have to have mcc enabled when you use it.

Cheers for that I'll give it a go...

Finally got my server up and running. Thing is ... it's currently on Linux ... so if I understood correctly, I won't be able to use persistency ?

Finally got my server up and running. Thing is ... it's currently on Linux ... so if I understood correctly, I won't be able to use persistency ?

Correct. We need an experienced C++ person to help us migrate our C# plugin :( so we can support Linux based persistent missions.

How can i use the Asymmetric Warfare Environment ?

Is this still in progress ?

I want to use this features:

- Roadblocks - establishing roadblocks in controlled zones (the equivalent of a military TAOR) will enable insurgents to dominate the local civilian population and establish rudimentary defences against opposition forces.

- Weapons Depots - insurgents will attempt to cache ammunition and weapons at hidden locations throughout the AO, which will be used to equip newly recruited fighters.

- IED Factories - IED making facilities will be established in hidden locations throughout the AO. IEDs are the insurgent's preferred method of attack on opposition forces.

- Ambushes - Insurgents will attempt to ambush military patrols and convoys in the open, using a combination of IEDs or hit and run attacks.

- Assaults - Raids on military outposts and patrol bases are one way insurgents can acquire new weapons and equipment.

- Recruitment HQ - If the insurgents are allowed to establish a Recruitment HQ near to a civilian objective, they will recruit new armed fighters from amongst the civilian population.

- Coercion - Insurgent cells will coerce disgruntled civilians into becoming suicide bombers, rogue shooters and saboteurs.

And how i can get Objectives to destroy/eliminate a IED Factory for example ?

Ps: Great Mod ! Awsome Work Guys! I am looking all the time for a Addon like this !!

Still work in progress. Closed Testing will be starting soonâ„¢. Please note that any features on the wiki page are subject to change as the module gets finalised.

Closed Testing will be starting soonâ„¢

24575647.jpg

Ok Great !!

One Question.

What means:

OPCOM Side: GUER

Warning! Max. duration exceeded !

Is this bad for my Mission ? What should i have to do, to solve this Problem ?

Edit: After a short time this Message dissapear. What is that ?

And the Last one:

I have seen on Armaholic a WIP Report about a new awsome Map coming soon : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28374

Would be great if this Map get also supportet for ALIVE.

Thanks !

Edited by Flex242

Ehhm i dont if this a Bug or I doing something wrong.

But in Combat with CQB Units, suddenly the Enemy invisible. Befor i read a Debug Message that there is a CQB Error.

Realy frustrating....

Couple of requests:

Player Multispawn module: add ability to manually set insertion vehicle, like support modules.

Player Combat Support: add ability to turn off map textures on the minimap.

Sorry, but I dont have account there and I dont know how to use that site anyway.

It's easy, just register and press new issue.