wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I am running ALiVE on the 7-75th dedicated server right now on Takistan with a ton of mods. We are using:

@7-75_Repo (our in house stuff)

@Afr_A3 (though we are not actually using the units on the map)

@AllInArma

@BEARB_CH (client side digital compass)

@CBA_A3

@HiddenIdentityPack

@Max_PoliceMod (did not place any units)

@MB6

@outlaw_magRepack (we use this client side for unrelated issues)

@POMI_PMC (did not use these units)

@RH_M4_A3

@sahrani_a3 (smd A2 version convert)

@SF_Weap_A3

@SpeedOfSoundBeta (client side of course)

@sthud_a3 (Shac Tac HUD)

@task_force_radio

@tmr

So I can confirm that ALiVE works on dedi and supports the above listed mods.

I should also mention that we average 20-30 fps on Altis with ALiVE modules running but we are getting 50-70fps on takistan with around 15 players.

I hope this info helps someone out.

Updated Alive on our dedicated server. It's running a default Foursome mission and the AI seem to be seeing through walls and damn near hackish level accuracy. Again default Foursome with non-AI adjusting scripts (VAS/Airdrop/MH9/Realistic Repair). Highhead, you've ruled out the CQB, Mil Placement and OPCOM - could it be something else in your foursome? Is anyone else having this issue on foursome?

To be clear, I have not edited the AI skill module that you have in foursome this time around. I had done it previously and made their accuracy .1 without any results.

Spectre, are you using any of the A.I. mods that would prevent that like Zeus or ASR?

Thanks for the MCC Fix, really helpful.

Although, tried your sample missions: Valley of Death (Altis): avg fps 25-30 by default (not even a really big fight going on). Mountain Warfare (Stratis): 40 fps by default, ~25 with battles going on - both in SP

Still way better than managing all the units in realtime without caching. But not yet useful for creating huge missions with it, Id say. But very useful for creating town/outpost garrisons and or CQB stuff.

On the other hand, it might be a problem on my side as the game actually never reaches 30+ fps in scenarios with more than 2 squads of AI for me (hey, its Arma! Its meant to be played on the hardware in 5 years -.-)

It's probably to be expected that you'll get slightly lower FPS with several hundred AI in ALiVE than you'll get running a SP mission with only a couple of squads. 30 FPS or so is still perfectly playable for ArmA3.

So even though debug is off on all modules I'm supposed to still get initialization errors/pop ups? Isn't that defeating the point of turning off debug?

Debug option is usually to assist in debugging while trying to find the source of errors. Turning that off reduces the extra messages that would aid debugging but wouldn't, necessarily, affect error messages.

I'm a developer myself, but not affiliated with any mod.

So even though debug is off on all modules I'm supposed to still get initialization errors/pop ups? Isn't that defeating the point of turning off debug?

As there was lots of confusion with if things were working, we have turned this on for now temporarily as an aid for mission makers. We will restrict this to admin only display on Dedi, probably on our next release.

As there was lots of confusion with if things were working, we have turned this on for now temporarily as an aid for mission makers. We will restrict this to admin only display on Dedi, probably on our next release.

roger. I was just curious. I see where you guys are coming from though.

I don't see a problem with leaving it in if it is just showing initialization info. As stated it will tell you whether things are working or not. Or perhaps, the modules can have INFO, DEBUG, OFF or something.

I don't see a problem with leaving it in if it is just showing initialization info. As stated it will tell you whether things are working or not. Or perhaps, the modules can have INFO, DEBUG, OFF or something.

Delta99 you should hop in our server when you get time and check out the takistan ALiVE we have going. (This is Deist BTW :D)

Delta99 you should hop in our server when you get time and check out the takistan ALiVE we have going. (This is Deist BTW :D)

Definitely will when I get a chance hopefully soon.

Would love to see that if you guys are up for making videos of your session, let us know!

Since the update Alive tells me to contact my Admin because i have a to old version of it.

Can i ingnore that or is it broken since the last patch yesterday ?

And thx for this awesome mod, it makes so many things right and easy to handle.

I like the little things of this mod too, its so cool that when you came into a military base and the Enemy is in in the tower and so on.

I hope an update with the reininforcments and supply line feature coming soon, cant wait for this.

Thx all that are working on that great project.

Thanks to highhead for informing us of the update :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (wolffy.au) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I haven't seen too much of a problem with zones spawning and despawning AI when I fly over in a jet. Of course this is when hosting on a dedi server.

Is there any way to be able to set some Zones to not spawn with fly overs ,so they only spawn via land / infantry?

things don't spawn but are cached when not in view is what I understood.

They pop into rendered reality when they enter the players reality....so a tree which falls in a forest does not make any sound when there is no one to hear it, because it is cached!

This turns philosophy, religion and metaphysics on it head!

The 1Para alive test server works really well btw, where is them re enforcements?!!??!?!

No Henri, they do spawn even if not looking at them. As long as you are within the profile radius they pop into being ! It would seem weird when flying a jet to encounter no resistance because everything is profiled.

No Henri, they do spawn even if not looking at them. As long as you are within the profile radius they pop into being ! It would seem weird when flying a jet to encounter no resistance because everything is profiled.

I believe the devs here have said that jets are currently not covered in this scenario so they will not spawn units while you fly over. Will wait for an official answer from them (and maybe this is changed in the latest release) but thought I'd mention it cause I've seen it in this thread somewhere.

Sorry my Q was is there a way to STOP them from re-Spawning due to fly overs in a zone ? i.e.. have a parameter to say allow / stop spawn due to Fly overs in the module

Would love to see that if you guys are up for making videos of your session, let us know!

Sure will ARJay, I get one of my guys with a beast rig to record some stuff today or tomorrow.

Fixed wing aircraft do not currently cause profiled units to visualise. This is for performance reasons in relation to the high speed of jets. There is a plan to eventually balance this a better, perhaps by spawning only vehicles and AA soldiers, for example, but this is not on any of the the current release schedules just yet. We won't be providing an option to stop virtualisation when flying over zones - that would be rather counter intuitive.

For the record, to avoid confusion we tend to use the terms "profiled" or "visual" as opposed to 'spawned' because spawning implies introducing entirely new entities to the game world, whereas the data for profiled units is retained even though the visual aspect is not.

Edited by friznit2