wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I was pratting around with Bornholm yesterday, and had an error message about "too many objectives". The only way I could get this to go was to reduce the area under the AO marker significantly. Is it possible to use ALiVE on a large area but with a low density of troops?

Hello,

I have a question. When I sync a unit I have giving a number of way points to the alive module to virtualise it. The unit seems to no longer follow its given waypoints. Is there a way to virtualise them but ensure they continue on selected waypoints?

Thanks

Virtual units only support MOVE and CYCLE waypoints.. is it possible you are using something else?

multiple auto generated side missions for one side ? is it possible some how ? can we use an J2istar module more than once. ?

As far as I know this is not possible.

*sexy spreadsheet*

I think this should be added/linked to the ALiVE wiki.. .nice job!

I was pratting around with Bornholm yesterday, and had an error message about "too many objectives". The only way I could get this to go was to reduce the area under the AO marker significantly. Is it possible to use ALiVE on a large area but with a low density of troops?

Can you give some more info? You had the entire map set for locations but a low number of profiles (ie: < battalion)? ALiVE detects a LOT of Military locations on Bornholm most of which are small size/priority.

Virtual units only support MOVE and CYCLE waypoints.. is it possible you are using something else?

no I am only using move and cycle. But when I go to the area where the units should be they are not there? The only thing they are linked to is the virtual AI system?

Hi!

Of course it is possible, i had missions with up to 150 objectives and about 350 virtual groups, just take into account that OPCOM may take longer to analyse and react to threats, esp. if there are several instances of Virtual AI commanders including a shitload of profiles involved (I assume so because very likely you have turned on "place units")! 80 is an indicator for what i tested to work perfectly, everything higher should be taken with care and is mission specific (f.e. if you have only 2 AI commanders, no CQB and no ambient civilians you can of course go higher)!

By the way, you can also reduce the objectives amount by using a Filter on the placement modules! Thats what I did for Bornholm civilian objectives.

see ya on the Battlefield

Edited by highhead

no I am only using move and cycle. But when I go to the area where the units should be they are not there? The only thing they are linked to is the virtual AI system?

Make sure these units are synced (F5) not grouped (F2) to the Virtual AI module and you have that module set to Only Profile Synced Units. You can also enable the debug on this module which will show you locations of all the profiles.

hey guys,

I have a problem with the latest update. i I have a mission on the map altis, but I am stucked in the loading screen. i don't know where the problem is because if I test my map on chernarus, all works fine.

I have had similar issues since the latest patch.

There were a couple of different issues that caused it for me (at least on takistan).

I don't know if this will help you, but one of the issues that caused it for me was not syncing a mil placement to the ai commander for its side. I had read that this was no longer necessary, but if I didn't sync a mil placement to an ai commander, the mission would get stuck on the load screen. If I make sure all mil placements are sync'd to their respective commander, the mission loads fine.

hey guys,

I have a problem with the latest update. i I have a mission on the map altis, but I am stucked in the loading screen. i don't know where the problem is because if I test my map on chernarus, all works fine.

Have you got the IED module? For me, the IED module on Medium caused it to get stuck at the loading screen for around 20 minutes - it eventually loaded - but turning it down to Low caused it to load much quicker. Think there was a post mentioning this from the developers.

Have you got the IED module? For me, the IED module on Medium caused it to get stuck at the loading screen for around 20 minutes - it eventually loaded - but turning it down to Low caused it to load much quicker. Think there was a post mentioning this from the developers.

Yea, I was going to suggest that it wasn't failing to load, but instead taking an extremely long time. I haven't yet had a mission fail to load, including ones made in the previous version, but in some instances I have seen them take painfully long. If all else fails, go over the factions and syncing of every module, as that usually irons out any funky behavior for me. After that, rebuild it from scratch.

I had a mission fail to load yesterday, it was two OPCOMs set to the same faction. Stupid mistake, but it used to just give an error rather than crash the game.

Has anyone else been experiencing quite a lot of "rubber banding" with the AI recently? Also seem to be getting quite a bit of desync lag and some weird trippy effects when combat support transport choppers come in to land.

We've just started using CSE, so i'm not sure if its related, but as the ALiVE team helps test CSE, i would assume they work pretty well together.

Has anyone else been experiencing quite a lot of "rubber banding" with the AI recently? Also seem to be getting quite a bit of desync lag and some weird trippy effects when combat support transport choppers come in to land.

We've just started using CSE, so i'm not sure if its related, but as the ALiVE team helps test CSE, i would assume they work pretty well together.

Here it's the same. 2 CAS Transports on duty, 2 CAS Attack Helis on duty. Result -> A lot of rubberbanding. 2 Players, separate Dedicated Server, no other major mods. Only a few units (about 50 in total), no caching activated. Same with only transports. With ONLY one (!) transport there is no rubberbanding so far.

And on Takistan is have (sometimes) an issue where a transport starts circling at a certain spot. Can not be aborted. Only solution is a mission restart or shooting it down.

As far as i can reproduce it :

Placing only ALIVE (Required) and the two necessary modules for heli transport. Boarding a helo, assign landing (no turn off) position (medium flight height), during flight changing flight height to high. Heli starts circling and never stops nor its possible to give further commands, except hold fire and similar.

IED module should not cause anything to load slowly. I've had it on extreme level on Altis without any loading issues. What map are you testing?

Roadblocks may cause FPS issues atm if turned up above Low. We have a fix coming in the next release.

Do you see any issues when running the ALiVE Hurt Locker mission included?

Here it's the same. 2 CAS Transports on duty, 2 CAS Attack Helis on duty. Result -> A lot of rubberbanding. 2 Players, separate Dedicated Server, no other major mods. Only a few units (about 50 in total), no caching activated. Same with only transports. With ONLY one (!) transport there is no rubberbanding so far..

Can you post a ticket on http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues/new and post your mission so we can repro. Ensure mission is just using CBA, ALiVE.

Thanks!

Tup

I have no IED module on this map, just the CQB with 10% and the ai commander with civ and mil placement and for 4 TAOR marker for it, but I still stuck in the loading scree

Does the weather module support snow fall? Like if its December with Continental set as the region and you set precipitation on, does it snow or is it still just rain?

If not are you planning on supporting snow?

hi guys, what does this message mean ? debug mod on and rpt is full of these messages and i suspect that commander stops working after a while,

OPCOM side: GUERWARNING! Max. duration exceeded!state OPCOM: analysisstate TACOM: waiting for dataduration: 847

nevermind i figured it out.its too many proifiles or objectives porblem.

Edited by enngerek

IED module should not cause anything to load slowly. I've had it on extreme level on Altis without any loading issues. What map are you testing?

Roadblocks may cause FPS issues atm if turned up above Low. We have a fix coming in the next release.

Do you see any issues when running the ALiVE Hurt Locker mission included?

This was on Altis. It loaded fine with roadblocks set to medium, and IEDs set to low - no problem at all (the roadblocks are excellent, by the way - a real nice surprise rounding a corner to one the first time - perfectly position so it could see us down a nice stretch of road, but where we rounded a corner with no idea it was there til it was too late) - but with IEDs on medium it took around 20 minutes. Although, this is with rather a high number of profiles (probably too high), but it only normally takes around five minutes.

Will have a look at the Hurt Locker mission, honestly hadn't noticed it - although having just looked in my folder I can't see a Hurt Locker mission anywhere, nor in the download - just Air Assault, Sabotage, Divide and Rule, and the training and tour missions...

Had a strange bug that I noticed on our Bornholm mission. Roadblocks would spawn. Along with lots of civi ambient vehicles. But they never DE-SPAWNED or at least the majority of them didn't

I only noticed it when coming back on the server as zeus late into a session and the map is covered in empty machine gun emplacements, and vehicles... ? anyone else had that ?

I have no IED module on this map, just the CQB with 10% and the ai commander with civ and mil placement and for 4 TAOR marker for it, but I still stuck in the loading scree

Are you using the Civilian Placement and Civilian Population modules? I've found any time I use these that the server load time for the mission is upwards towards 10 minutes (at low settings) with you getting to look at nothing but the load screen. The mission will eventually load and it only happens on the initial server load!

In my mission I removed only these two modules and modified nothing else and the load time dropped to around a minute or less!

Is an OPCOM module at all connected to C2ISTAR-generated tasks? For example, if the friendly OPCOM is not sync'd to enemy placement modules, will it still issue orders to friendly AI for a C2ISTAR-generated task?

Had a strange bug that I noticed on our Bornholm mission. Roadblocks would spawn. Along with lots of civi ambient vehicles. But they never DE-SPAWNED or at least the majority of them didn't

I only noticed it when coming back on the server as zeus late into a session and the map is covered in empty machine gun emplacements, and vehicles... ? anyone else had that ?

Roadblocks will use the the profile system if placed, I.e. The units guarding the roadblock will spawn and despawn according to profile settings.

The Roadblock objects will not despawn.

Units that man roadblocks will patrol around the roadblock area too, so make sure they are not just 50-75 metres away.

We have optimisations and fixes coming for roadblocks in the next minor release (before Xmas)

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

This was on Altis. It loaded fine with roadblocks set to medium, and IEDs set to low - no problem at all (the roadblocks are excellent, by the way - a real nice surprise rounding a corner to one the first time - perfectly position so it could see us down a nice stretch of road, but where we rounded a corner with no idea it was there til it was too late) - but with IEDs on medium it took around 20 minutes. Although, this is with rather a high number of profiles (probably too high), but it only normally takes around five minutes.

Will have a look at the Hurt Locker mission, honestly hadn't noticed it - although having just looked in my folder I can't see a Hurt Locker mission anywhere, nor in the download - just Air Assault, Sabotage, Divide and Rule, and the training and tour missions...

Hurt Locker is added as a showcase and integrated MP mission. If you depbo alive it is found in the missions.pbo. We will include an Altis version for editing/sample in the next release.

Nevermind about the question above. It was easy enough to test out on my own.

Some suggestions if I may:

-Allow for multiple enemy faction auto-tasking.

-Incorporate AI into C2ISTAR tasks, independent of but compatible with AI commander->enemy placement synchronization. It would be extremely convenient for those running large amounts of enemy AI with a much smaller, more directed friendly force to do specific tasks with the player, instead of having a bunch of spread out friendly AI squads. Maybe even have a field to enter a custom priority and "force strength" for the task, as in how well fortified the task is, which would be useful to adjust accordingly depending on the desired challenge.