wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Its a good thing this isn't developed by Americans so you guys don't have a long holiday weekend starting tomorrow. That means you can keep working on indexing Bornholm v1.2 and get an ALiVE v.9.1 update released by say Saturday evening. Right? RIGHT.:yay:

Bornholm is indexed in dev. We have fixes for 1.34 ready to go. We even have a new WIP IED module :D However, all of us are crushed with RL atm and we're not US based so... sorry! 0.9.1 will be released soon.

Savage is not going mad, he is absolutely correct when he says that you only need the @ALiVE_Server mod if you are saving stuff to the war room (account required).

It may just be a slight misunderstanding, with "only clients need ALIVE mod": @ALiVE is needed by client and server and if you wanna save to warroom you need @ALiVEServer. Savage wanted to say that @ALiVEServer is not needed on clients.

I still maintain that Savage is going mad. Even if he is right! :P

But because you aren't US based you won't be eating turkey tomorrow and then shopping on Friday and that gives you ample time to release....by Saturday.

I'm just pulling your leg. Really need that update though since there isn't a Bornholm v1.0 mirror still available. Oh well.

Perhaps a visual of how to run an ALiVE server without using ALiVE_server:cool:

server.png

Edited by I WUB PUGS

......but these aren't persistent missions.:o

Yes but AAR and stats are very useful to clans/groups that want to track or replay missions... :D

You don't need to persist missions to benefit from ALiVE_Server. Just turn on stats and AAR and enjoy!

Are Military Custom Objectives working properly? There isn't a lot of information on the wiki about them and when I try to have one in my mission, even with very few infantry the mission simply stays stuck loading. Huge disappointment for certain terrains where I want to have bases in otherwise empty space.

EDIT: This is on Diaoyu islands, seems to be working in the VR map. Not sure why the map has anything to do with it, given that it's a custom objective and doesn't depend on towns or bases.

EDIT2: Also, are there issues currently with Bornholm? when I place CQB and Mil Civ placement modules in it, the mission just won't load, ever.

EDIT3: Just saw the post about Bornholm not being indexed yet, but wouldn't that just throw errors instead of never loading? And why won't missions with ALiVE load in Diaoyu if I'm just using the custom objectives?

Edited by GDent

I've been able to place them on Bornholm just fine. Though I am using the smaller ones, none of the large BI base templates.

Overlord - that basically is what ALiVE is doing already, so I'm not sure why you'd need to switch them off as such. You can freeze any active module such as the AI Commander(s) with a trigger though - see the wiki for details.

sorry I didn't explained it very well. I want to make it so that an area is controlled by opfor and then if a particular objectives are successfully completed by the bluefor team within that area it will disable the opfor civ objective placement and will enable a bluefor civ placement objective? Giving the illusion of forcing back the advances of the opfor team?

I hope that it is a better description. Am I able to pause a particular civ objective placement module? as I cant figure out how to from the wiki.

---------- Post added at 03:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

basically, can you pause only 1 particular Civ objective module or can you only pause all of the civ objective modules?

sorry i am new to mission making. its a steep learning curve.

Hello first off let me say i love this mod it adds so much to my units gameplay XD just looking for some help we are currently running @allinarmaterrainpack, @ASDG_JR, @CBA_A3, @CSE, @dar_maxxpro, @helo_hmds_kimi, @imrali, @L_ExShake, @mbg_killhouses_a3, @mcc_sandbox_a3, @nimitz, @ Rav_lifter_A3, @rhs_afrf3, @rhs_usf3, @SMGR, @STKR_BI, @tao_foldmap_a3, @Task_Force_radio, @Trixie_Britishweapons, @VTS_weaponresting. We currently are trying to get a dynamic campaign setup be we have come across some serious problems with long load times and vry poor Performance for our Server what i'm looking for is some1 to tell me if any of my mods could be the problem. thanks for helping!

I've been enjoying this mod for the better part of 2 weeks, so much that I haven't even stepped into a multiplayer game since. I am, however, having issues finding information to resolve a couple issues I've ran in to.

Starting with the more serious problems; I'm having issues with the UAV and Jets for CAS support. They take off fine and seem to perform the first SAD task I give them, but when given another task, they often go off and fly in a circle, completely unresponsive to any further commands I give them. When given the order to RTB, sometimes they do actually return to the base and land, but they park and I never get the message that they have returned. This situation also leads to them being stuck in an unresponsive state. I find this odd because heli CAS and transport has been working flawless without a hitch.

Another pesky issue I'm having is with airdropping supplies. Requesting troops, or a Hunter for instance works great, but requesting supplies will drop off a vehicle ammo crate no matter what I pick whether it be a crate from a weapon mod pack, or any vanilla supply box.

Also in dealing with the combat logistics, is it possible to make units from Massi's USMC/MARSOC pack available for airdrops, etc? I noticed all the supply crates from mod packs show up in the supply list, but the reinforcements are all NATO even though I have the faction set to Massi's USMC (mas_usa_mars).

Lastly, I've ordered dozens of laser guided artillery rounds on idle armor and have yet to get a hit. I've zoomed all the way into the map to place the marker dead on, and I've tried having the designator on before even ordering the strike, waiting till the last 5 seconds to lase, and everything in between with absolutely no joy. I hadn't used artillery before, but I get the feeling that this is an issue with the game itself. I thought I'd ask though in case ALiVE is using some new home brew code for the artillery support.

I truly appreciate any insight I can get from the experts here regarding these issues/concerns.

I still maintain that Savage is going mad. Even if he is right! :P

lol my wife would agree! But yes I should have worded that more clearly. HH got my back ;)

So to confirm:

Clients require @CBA_A3; @ALiVE

Server requires @CBA_A3; @ALiVE - if you want persistence/tracking then server also needs @ALiVE_Server (with registered war room account)

Are Military Custom Objectives working properly? There isn't a lot of information on the wiki about them and when I try to have one in my mission, even with very few infantry the mission simply stays stuck loading. Huge disappointment for certain terrains where I want to have bases in otherwise empty space.

EDIT: This is on Diaoyu islands, seems to be working in the VR map. Not sure why the map has anything to do with it, given that it's a custom objective and doesn't depend on towns or bases.

EDIT2: Also, are there issues currently with Bornholm? when I place CQB and Mil Civ placement modules in it, the mission just won't load, ever.

EDIT3: Just saw the post about Bornholm not being indexed yet, but wouldn't that just throw errors instead of never loading? And why won't missions with ALiVE load in Diaoyu if I'm just using the custom objectives?

I don't think Diaoyu was ever indexed (cause it has no military or civilian locations)... so I don't think a custom objective will work on a non-indexed map (I could be wrong here...).

we are currently running @allinarmaterrainpack, @ASDG_JR, @CBA_A3, @CSE, @dar_maxxpro, @helo_hmds_kimi, @imrali, @L_ExShake, @mbg_killhouses_a3, @mcc_sandbox_a3, @nimitz, @ Rav_lifter_A3, @rhs_afrf3, @rhs_usf3, @SMGR, @STKR_BI, @tao_foldmap_a3, @Task_Force_radio, @Trixie_Britishweapons, @VTS_weaponresting. We currently are trying to get a dynamic campaign setup be we have come across some serious problems with long load times and vry poor Performance for our Server what i'm looking for is some1 to tell me if any of my mods could be the problem. thanks for helping!

If you have a lot of placement modules, CQB running, etc on a map like Altis it can take some time for the mission to init (some report 10 minutes or more). My first test would be to create a 'simple' ALiVE mission on Stratis using all the same mods and see if that runs any better. It's possible one of the mods is causing issues as well but from your list nothing stands out as a potential problem.

Edited by SavageCDN

I can see it not working in Diaoyu, but it works in Bornholm which seems to not be indexed either. So that confused me

The custom objectives work really, really well in Bornhom, however. The AI even spawn in buildings and follow the road, which is amazing for it not being indexed at all.

I can see it not working in Diaoyu, but it works in Bornholm which seems to not be indexed either. So that confused me

The custom objectives work really, really well in Bornhom, however. The AI even spawn in buildings and follow the road, which is amazing for it not being indexed at all.

Hi mate!

Bornholm 1.1 has been indexed already, thats why its working to some extend with Bornholm 1.2. Stick to 1.1 until we deployed the update! Arjay, king of kings of indexing managed to get 1.2 indexed yesterday - hell yeah! So expect an update the upcoming days! Its been pushed to staging/testing branch already, just needs to be compiled :)

Diaoyu will follow too, but i think its too short for this update!

Enjoy comrade!

I've been having a micro stutter issue. Perhaps it's cqb, I dunno. When I do not use Alive, I do not get it. I can play on alive servers and not get it. It's only when I create a mission and try and play it. Note that I've made plenty in the past that worked just fine. This is a recent problem stemming back about a month ago. If you'd like I can send the mission + the mod list.

Post the mod list here (in spoiler tags if it's really long). Is the stuttering constant throughout the mission or more random?

Maps will not load properly without being indexed.

It'll be in the next update. Which will be soonâ„¢ :)

Great map, had some epic times with MSO and fully intend to use it again for ALiVE shenanigans. Many thanks for updating for A3!

Hey Just wondering

Can you pause only 1 particular Civ military objective module or can you only pause all of the civ objective modules at once?

From my mission.sqm addOns[]=

{

"praa_tunnels",

"alive_mil_c2istar",

"alive_main",

"alive_sys_profile",

"alive_sys_playeroptions",

"alive_mil_opcom",

"alive_mil_cqb",

"alive_civ_placement",

"alive_sup_player_resupply",

"alive_mil_placement",

"reshmaan",

"rhsusf_c_troops",

"rhsusf_c_weapons",

"DAR_MTVR"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"praa_tunnels",

"alive_mil_c2istar",

"alive_main",

"alive_sys_profile",

"alive_sys_playeroptions",

"alive_mil_opcom",

"alive_mil_cqb",

"alive_civ_placement",

"alive_sup_player_resupply",

"alive_mil_placement",

"rhsusf_c_troops",

"rhsusf_c_weapons",

"DAR_MTVR",

"reshmaan"

It happens the whole time, every 2 seconds.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Figured it out I think.. Must have been an issue with Leights OPFOR pack (for RHS) He released a hotfix for alive that doesn't work. That is why it's not showing up on the mod list. Hopefully one of you guys could help him as he says he doesn't know how to use alive . http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185640-Leights-OPFOR-Pack/page6

Hey Just wondering

Can you pause only 1 particular Civ military objective module or can you only pause all of the civ objective modules at once?

You can't pause placement, since objectives are created and units places at game start. You can pause the AI Commander though - details on the wiki for how to do this. There are also some script examples on the wiki for how to add/remove objectives on the fly.

Hello. What are the chances of you adding the faction classes from the newly released "CUP" weapons pack?

They've included factions that (while they don't have appropriate uniforms, etc, yet) have appropriate weapons load-outs, and it would be nice to be able to use those factions with military placement modules and the military ai commander.

These are the CUP factions listed in Config Viewer, under CfgFactionClasses:

CUP_B_CDF

CUP_B_CZ

CUP_B_GB

CUP_B_GER

CUP_B_US

CUP_B_US_Army

CUP_B_USMC

CUP_C_CHERNARUS

CUP_C_RU

CUP_C_Special

CUP_C_TK

CUP_I_NAPA

CUP_I_PMC_ION

CUP_I_RACS

CUP_I_SLA

CUP_I_TK_GUE

CUP_I_UN

CUP_O_ChDKZ

CUP_O_RU

CUP_O_TK

CUP_O_TK_MILITIA

Thanks very much.

I haven't tried CUP myself yet so I don't know if it works with ALiVE or not, but the creator of the faction needs to set it up properly to work with ALiVE, not the other way around.

The authors of CUP would need to follow this for their configs if they want it to work with ALiVE:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation