wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Anyone else having issues with AGM respawn and ALiVE - I can't believe we're the only people trying to combine these mods ?

SJ

I use them together, but not with AGM respawn, I chose ALiVE multispawn. No problem here.

Ahh, cheers for that I'll have a go with the multispawn then. SJ

Hi,

Can you delete the module, save, place the module again and save again?

Does that solve it?

Just saying because, I have seen this behaviour in a mission that I took a look at and it was fixed by replacing the module there! Please try that and report back if thats working (C2ISTAR function is defined in cfgVehicles, I just took a look at the codeZ, function = "ALIVE_fnc_C2ISTARInit").

Thankx veng!

Thanks Highhead for the response! I tried that but still get the error, everything works just get the annoying error. I am using the following modules:

Alive Required

Player Combat Logistics

Player Command/Control

Player Combat Support

Military AI Commander

Military Logistics

Military Placement (Mil. Obj.)

Military Placement (Cust. Obj.)

Am I missing one I need? or is there a configuration needed in another module other than the Player Command/Control

I use them together, but not with AGM respawn, I chose ALiVE multispawn. No problem here.

Doesn't work for us.

@AGM Medical:-

Prevent Instant Death: Yes

@AGM Respawn System: module not present

@Alive Player Multispawn: module present (any respawn type, doesn't change result)

Before going unconscious:

Qj1yocP.jpg

When unconscious (note the disabled RESPAWN button):

m6hQMP7.png

Edited by UK_Apollo

Oh, I see, the medical module makes problems. Sorry, I didn't mention that we don't use that, so that's why we don't have this kind of problem :)

we're now having issues with Bornholm since the update ? Does it need re-indexing ?

Our RPT

http://hastebin.com/xoxanupuwe.tex

This problem has now been confirmed by others trying ALiVE on Bornholm. Some sort of ALiVE find / search function is breaking :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184446-Bornholm-Denmark-Terrain&p=2817156&viewfull=1#post2817156

This problem has now been confirmed by others trying ALiVE on Bornholm. Some sort of ALiVE find / search function is breaking :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184446-Bornholm-Denmark-Terrain&p=2817156&viewfull=1#post2817156

Hi mate!

Bornholms object map indexes have changed with the latest update of 2014/11/11!

We will have to do a re-of the map indexing >> will be in upcoming update (we are close to deploying it, probably upcoming week if we get the time and all works out fine)!

regards

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Doesn't work for us.

@AGM Medical:-

Prevent Instant Death: Yes

@AGM Respawn System: module not present

@Alive Player Multispawn: module present (any respawn type, doesn't change result)

Before going unconscious:

http://i.imgur.com/Qj1yocP.jpg

When unconscious (note the disabled RESPAWN button):

http://i.imgur.com/m6hQMP7.png

Hi!

We don't touch the respawn button at all, so whatever is disabling it its not ALiVE! We only change the original A3 Abort button (see explaination below, in a sec).

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

same problem here.according to this thread its'an alive issue.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/708

I have taken a look at the issue and its a bit more complex than that. I will try to explain:

Edit: Tupolov corrected me, I wasnt up to speed with the latest changes! Actually its something we will have to look into I guess

So anybody with AGM issues: would be cool if you tried loading @AGM after @ALiVE in the startup params and tell me if this helps!

thanks

H

Edited by highhead

Messing with load order - not sure it's possible in PW6. *bugbear!*

Could try in ArmaSync though

SJ

Thanks Highhead for the response! I tried that but still get the error, everything works just get the annoying error. I am using the following modules:

Alive Required

Player Combat Logistics

Player Command/Control

Player Combat Support

Military AI Commander

Military Logistics

Military Placement (Mil. Obj.)

Military Placement (Cust. Obj.)

Am I missing one I need? or is there a configuration needed in another module other than the Player Command/Control

hey veng, sorry have been on an business event for 2 days! Did you maybe miss the Virtual AI System - at least im not seeing it in this list. please report back, if it was that

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Messing with load order - not sure it's possible in PW6. *bugbear!*

Could try in ArmaSync though

SJ

or just a shortcut, for a short test?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -showscripterrors -mod=@CBA_A3;@ALiVE;@AGM

Ok tested - works fine on a client but not on a dedicated.

Respawn option is there but greyed out

SJ

tried the mod order.both dedicated server and client was running first cba and AGM after Alive. unfortunately didn't worked.

359iqgy.jpg

Edited by enngerek

OK I love this mod and have some questions:

1. In the military placement module, if I choose to over ride settings, what value must I put in the over ride infantry, over ride armour etc etc. If I choose a COmpany(200) am I supposed to divide this manpower pool of 200 into these over ride fields? Like 100 infantry, 20, armour, 20 heli etc?

2. My respawn markers have respawn template in description ext, still it doesnt ask my preference of respawn location each time my unit is killed. It just shows the selection window for a blink of an eye and I am respawned ramdomly as Alive deems fit.

3. How can I go in the mission and maintain my loadout and gear even after respawns? I have to manually do this via MCC Arsenal option and load my saved gear again and again. :(

4. I guess manual save is still buggy. Just pressing save in the esc options freezes laptop. I chose MP game on LAN to play alone btw.

thanks for the patience. Love ALIVE !!:bounce3:

Thanks for the test, I got information that I wasnt up to speed with the latest menu approaches. I think its something we need to look into!

PS: but SJ, so client works but dedicated not?

yes if I run a mission in the editor on i.e. local it works. But if I run the same mission loaded onto a dedicated it doesn't

Hey guys,

In the combat support modules, i try to use the MH-9 for transport (using the combat support module transport), the thing is that it spawns loaded with 5 additional crewmen, leaving only 2 places to sit. Is there a way around this? I used "B_Heli_Light_01_F" for the classname.

hey veng, sorry have been on an business event for 2 days! Did you maybe miss the Virtual AI System - at least im not seeing it in this list. please report back, if it was that

No problem Highhead: Sorry I just forgot to list it, so yes I do have that in the mission. I will do more testing, perhaps start over on building the mission it could be an AddOn I am using, which are quite a few.

Thanks

Vengeance

OK I love this mod and have some questions:

1. In the military placement module, if I choose to over ride settings, what value must I put in the over ride infantry, over ride armour etc etc. If I choose a COmpany(200) am I supposed to divide this manpower pool of 200 into these over ride fields? Like 100 infantry, 20, armour, 20 heli etc?

2. My respawn markers have respawn template in description ext, still it doesnt ask my preference of respawn location each time my unit is killed. It just shows the selection window for a blink of an eye and I am respawned ramdomly as Alive deems fit.

3. How can I go in the mission and maintain my loadout and gear even after respawns? I have to manually do this via MCC Arsenal option and load my saved gear again and again. :(

4. I guess manual save is still buggy. Just pressing save in the esc options freezes laptop. I chose MP game on LAN to play alone btw.

thanks for the patience. Love ALIVE !!:bounce3:

Hello? ARJay? Anyone?

Hello? ARJay? Anyone?

Hey!

For persistence gear please use player persistence and multispawn module! Otherwise You could use the A3 Arsenal, or respawn templates! In the Divide & Rule demo there is an example for how to work with respawn templates! Furtermore I will take a look at your stuff tomorrow, you know we all have RL jobs so weekend is big coding time :)

regards

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Can an ALIVE dev comment on the status of this issue?

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75578

Yo Kilo!

We will have to do that as A3MP isnt supported anymore! It is a pretty big task as indexing is quite time consumpting, but we will manage it!

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

No problem Highhead: Sorry I just forgot to list it, so yes I do have that in the mission. I will do more testing, perhaps start over on building the mission it could be an AddOn I am using, which are quite a few.

Thanks

Vengeance

Veng, im taking a look at your mission tomorrow, can you upload it somewhere for me pretty please?

Grazie mille!

Hey!

For persistence gear please use player persistence and multispawn module! Otherwise You could use the A3 Arsenal, or respawn templates! In the Divide & Rule demo there is an example for how to work with respawn templates! Furtermore I will take a look at your stuff tomorrow, you know we all have RL jobs so weekend is big coding time :)

regards

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Yo Kilo!

We will have to do that as A3MP isnt supported anymore! It is a pretty big task as indexing is quite time consumpting, but we will manage it!

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Veng, im taking a look at your mission tomorrow, can you upload it somewhere for me pretty please?

Grazie mille!

thanks man. Will try tonight. But yeah do revert with your full fledged reply tomorrow :D

Yo Kilo!

Is there anyway the community can help with this, what's the magic sauce? Is it a case of ARJay sitting there with a marker counting Hesco's and recording Grid references or is there some sort of software we could run and compile results for you ?

Purely selfishly it's a pain to have to wait for Core ALiVE releases to get new or adjusted map's re-indexed. I also imagine it's going to become a real pain for you guys as more NEW maps come-on-stream, they're going be seeing changes made more frequently - breaking the missions (e.g. Bornholm!) every time it happens.

Basically how can we help to speed this up for you (and us :p)

SJ

Bornholm is indeed an amazing map! My group has taken a break from it due to the update, and I made a Stratis map that is absolutely full (Custom Military Objectives) of Russians (RHS) and it is awesome! Just non stop ambushes in the beautiful tree-covered mountains of Stratis. Been enjoying ALiVE now for a year and it never gets old because every time we leave base to go on Patrol it is a different experience and story every time.

Keep up the good work ALiVE Devs, you guys are legends :)

Is there anyway the community can help with this, what's the magic sauce? Is it a case of ARJay sitting there with a marker counting Hesco's and recording Grid references or is there some sort of software we could run and compile results for you ?

Purely selfishly it's a pain to have to wait for Core ALiVE releases to get new or adjusted map's re-indexed. I also imagine it's going to become a real pain for you guys as more NEW maps come-on-stream, they're going be seeing changes made more frequently - breaking the missions (e.g. Bornholm!) every time it happens.

Basically how can we help to speed this up for you (and us :p)

SJ

Sir James!

Really, this is an awesome offer! Its a mixture of batch and powershell scripts and some manual copypasting and replacing at the moment which makes it rather complex!

I think you are still in MSO/ALiVE channel, right? If so we could talk about it there, needs some explanations or you will die trying :) If not ping me with a PM, and ill add you!

thank you so much!

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Bornholm is indeed an amazing map! My group has taken a break from it due to the update, and I made a Stratis map that is absolutely full (Custom Military Objectives) of Russians (RHS) and it is awesome! Just non stop ambushes in the beautiful tree-covered mountains of Stratis. Been enjoying ALiVE now for a year and it never gets old because every time we leave base to go on Patrol it is a different experience and story every time.

Keep up the good work ALiVE Devs, you guys are legends :)

Thank you Sir, for your ongoing support!

Indeed Bornholm is awesome, and with every new map there will very likely be another object index updates, like there was with Stratis and Altis too. Its the nature of a new map, as its beeing worked on!

As Bornholm atm. is one of the most popular maps, we may need to get in contact with the map maker, so we can do the indexes earlier. We will try to get it done the quickest way possible though!

enjoy

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

Hey guys,

In the combat support modules, i try to use the MH-9 for transport (using the combat support module transport), the thing is that it spawns loaded with 5 additional crewmen, leaving only 2 places to sit. Is there a way around this? I used "B_Heli_Light_01_F" for the classname.

Hey mate!

Its due to the new DLC, as (sorry, again) BIS implemented Firing from Vehicles in a very "creative" way and as far as I have understood the vehicle positions are actually turrets now ;) We will have a fix for that in the upcoming update!

hope that helps