wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

About spawning,

it would be really amazing if you could have extended options for respawn. For example, it'd be cool for an MSO if I could make it so people stay dead and won't respawn until everybody else is dead or disconnected. This would make it like going out into a mission, except the world is persistent and all that.

i would absolutely not bet on it but it seems somehow that my erlier reported problem of not moving profiles/stuck opcom on dedicated server has something to do with a chosen memory allocator... is something like this possible?

^ +1

- option for spawn on SL (Insurgency style) or just base/mhq

- respawn with same weapons/mags option

- include revive options (maybe in conjuntion with CMS?)

We'll likely limit our spawn module to location and frequency of spawn and possibly number of available lives like we had in MSO (possibly with a function to add more lives if certain criteria is reached or dependent on Logistics force level availability even). For example, options to select spawn location(s) such as HQ vehicles or objects, or at Squad Leader location or a marker as per default. Respawn with Weapons is already covered by the Player module (except hats, why no hats? wtf is different about hats BIS? It's mighty confusing). We'll most likely leave revive options to the various medical mods as there's no need to duplicate effort.

Please post any fresh ideas you have as feature requests in the relevant Multispawn tickets on DH!

Also

BOOM! Over 1 Meeeellion views :butbut:

B4ogdKr.png

killswitch;2767777']i would absolutely not bet on it but it seems somehow that my erlier reported problem of not moving profiles/stuck opcom on dedicated server has something to do with a chosen memory allocator... is something like this possible?

Servas!

Would be very strange, but i can't exlude it - theoretically! ALiVE uses a lot of RAM, so it may be related of course but it would still be very strange indeed. If you could switch the allocators and see what changes I would be very happy!

Vollgas, Kernöl!

Servas!

Would be very strange, but i can't exlude it - theoretically! ALiVE uses a lot of RAM, so it may be related of course but it would still be very strange indeed. If you could switch the allocators and see what changes I would be very happy!

Vollgas, Kernöl!

I will examine it further and let you know about any usefull results!

Kernige Grüße!

For example, options to select spawn location(s) such as HQ vehicles or objects, or at Squad Leader location or a marker as per default. Respawn with Weapons is already covered by the Player module (except hats, why no hats? wtf is different about hats BIS? It's mighty confusing). We'll most likely leave revive options to the various medical mods as there's no need to duplicate effort.

Hi Friz,

Quick question about the player module... if I add the player persistence module and ensure respawning is enabled, the units re-appear without ammo (despite my having all properties set to Yes on the module itself).

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Which mods are you using? It's quite likely to be a config error with the unit mod. Please check it's working with vanilla units first then check the rpt file with the mods running and see if you can spot any errors.

Which mods are you using? It's quite likely to be a config error with the unit mod. Please check it's working with vanilla units first then check the rpt file with the mods running and see if you can spot any errors.

Sounds good, thanks. I wanted to check if this were a known issue prior to starting down the debugging path.. Thanks again.

Hi,

So I stripped down my mods to just Alive and CBA, using a test map on Stratis. I then added three units (both stock NATO), and as well as a few ammo boxes.

Additionally, I added the following Alive modules:

-Admin actions

-Requires Alive

-Profile system

-Multispawn

-Player persistence (everything set to Yes)

I have the following set in description.ext:

respawn = BASE;

RespawnDelay = 6;

RespawnDialog = 1;

When I throw a grenade and cause character to be killed, I am spawned with the same weapons without ammo.

The RPT shows the following suspect lines:

Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x31858390

Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x338d1010

Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x3219fb90

Unknown attribute itemsCmd

Unknown attribute itemsCmd

WARNING: Function 'name' - (my name here) is dead

WARNING: Function 'name' - (my name here) is dead

ALIVE Profile Handler - Un-Register Profile [player_0]

Duplicate weapon Throw detected for B_engineer_F

Duplicate weapon Put detected for B_engineer_F

ALIVE Profile Handler - Register Profile [player_0]

Thoughts?

A

Remove multispawn, it's not functionally complete in this version and a possible source of issues. Those are some odd errors though and I can't duplicate the ammo issue with the current release version of ALiVE. I'll check again tonight.

I don't know if anyone's experimented with increasing the civilian density much. It's a great couple of modules but even maxed out the density is pretty sparse - typically one or two guys wandering around a city block (vanilla Arma 3 maps, no mods).

My only thought for boosting civilian density in select areas is to make a Civilian "faction" and then include by giving it its own OPCOM and Military Civilian Placement modules. That way I can make some "squads" (and even vehicles) so I get more civilians in some select towns and have them occasionally be clumps as well (as opposed to all singletons).

Fellow ALiVe users, what are your thoughts?

Hey Olds!

Depending on the time they are doing housework at home or are sleeping and fucking. I suggest you turn on the Civilian debug and see how many green markers there are if you are in a town! At which time of day are you watching the civis?

Hey Olds!

Depending on the time they are doing housework at home or are sleeping and fucking. I suggest you turn on the Civilian debug and see how many green markers there are if you are in a town! At which time of day are you watching the civis?

I kind of concour with olds.

The civs add great ambience as is,just a little sparse."Gatherings" is a cool feature but so far iv seen max clumps of three usually chilling by a fire.

How about 8 or 9 panicing beside a burning car? ;)

Also im not sure whats up with how Fallujah works,but maxed out civ pop sees unrealistic results.But i guess thats just down to the layout of the city.

Depending on the time they are doing housework at home or are sleeping and fucking.
Why, the lazy brutes!
I suggest you turn on the Civilian debug and see how many green markers there are if you are in a town! At which time of day are you watching the civis?
Definitely always run with debug on when testing. I was not aware of the time-of-day variation, which is very cool. I generally run at the default of noon, but tried various daytime hours.

• Latest version of ALiVE, probably a version or two behind on CBA.
  • Ambient civs on Extreme (with max-profiles set at 100 global and 90 civilian).
  • TAOR-restricted to Neochori and then Kavala (on the Altis map) for two different tests.
  • No troops besides the player-character, no shooting to scare the civilians.

Result: An average of 3-4 civilians per town 'block', with around 60% of them indoors. The net effect is that if you walk through the streets of a large town set to Extreme, you tend to see the following #'s of civilians in your 360o field of view:

• Usually none
  • Occasionally 1
  • Rarely 2 or more

This seems quite justifiable for performance reasons. I'm just looking for a way to boost it selectively for those special cases. Not real-life densities of course, but something a bit more than 'ghost-town'. Hence the idea of making them civilians a "third faction" on the map, with the bonus effect of allowing multi-man clumps. (Same zombie AI, but this is Arma we're talking about, not some VBA-civilian-simulator).

P.S. As always, much love to ALiVE.

P.P.S. I also tried the Fallujah map redarmy, which seems even more sparse. But that could indeed be something to do with that map and not ALiVE, which is why I always test with vanilla.

Edited by Olds

Markers: Can someone please tell me how I turn off ALL Alive Bluefor Tag Markers? I am wanting to use the cTab Mod only to see markers.

Thanks

Don't use the Intel module and make sure Debug is off on all other modules.

Don't use the Intel module and make sure Debug is off on all other modules.

Ahh, thanks friznit2.

Hey guys, I've been wondering, what is the best between JIP and Server locality option concerning CQB when running a dedicated server ? And how about the Database & XStream module and all the persistence things, do they have a impact on the performance ? I've search into the wiki but it's still kinda light.

Anyone can help me for USE this function [] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime;

Profiling all non profiled units on the map

You can trigger the profiler to profile all non profiled units (handy for MCC and Zeus or scripts that spawn units during gameplay). This function needs to be called on the server locality:

[] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime;

I dont understand how install it !

Hey guys, I've been wondering, what is the best between JIP and Server locality option concerning CQB when running a dedicated server ? And how about the Database & XStream module and all the persistence things, do they have a impact on the performance ? I've search into the wiki but it's still kinda light.

Running CQB on clients (JIP) will obviously save server resources but depending how many AI you're trying to spawn the server should be able to handle the CQB quite happily too. You just need to experiment. Database won't impact server performance. XStream doesn't work very well (if at all) right now. There not a lot to be said about performance that's not already been discussed endlessly on these forums. It depends on your server, the number of players and how many AI you're spawning at once.

Esro - you need to put it in a script and run it from a trigger (for example). If you don't know anything about scripting, there are lots of guides around.

Well as of 0.7, you are going to be forced to run CQB as JIP because server-sde CQB is not working at all at the moment.

Hey guys, I've been wondering, what is the best between JIP and Server locality option concerning CQB when running a dedicated server ?

Client-side CQB can destroy FPS if you're only running with 2-3 players, it'll happily send my potato below 15 frames anyway. I guess it isn't a problem if you're hosting 30+ people.

Has anyone had any issues with Alive assigning your AI squad to defensive positions within a TAOR? I even have my player (team leader) synced to the profile module and its on selection 'dont profile synced'. It's happened not only shortly after start, it's also happened after I geared up, loaded my peeps into a chopper and flew 6 clicks to a forward, friendly held operations outpost. As soon as I landed....poof, three of my team were magically transported from the seats in the helo...to the guard towers 150 meters away.

Strange.

P.S. Alive Dev team, I'm loving this mod. Great job! Keep up the great work.

alive <3

one question: any news about the CQB (server) fix?