wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

So I am having a slight issue when calling in a group via the Player Resupply feature. I select join player group and when they parachute down they just stand there and do not join or move.

Now, the issue is that while in the Mission Editor it works fine and the units join as soon as their boots hit the ground. Its only when i upload the mission to our game server that the feature stops working (never works), am I overlooking something simple here?

Addons running:

Tacops

ASR-AI

INS-Revive

ALiVE

Any help is most appreciated - the fact that it works perfectly in the editor yet not on the server has me stumped.

Edited by REAPER LOK

So I am having a slight issue when calling in a group via the Player Resupply feature. I select join player group and when they parachute down they just stand there and do not join or move.

Now, the issue is that while in the Mission Editor it works fine and the units join as soon as their boots hit the ground. Its only when i upload the mission to our game server that the feature stops working (never works), am I overlooking something simple here?

Addons running:

Tacops

ASR-AI

INS-Revive

ALiVE

Any help is most appreciated - the fact that it works perfectly in the editor yet not on the server has me stumped.

can you remove ASR and INS Rev to make it vanilla and upload the mish to our feedback tracker please! Im going to take a look! Also ARJay did a overhaul of the system so may be gone with upcoming update! Still thanks for reporting!

Guys need some help. Is there a way to get alive to spawn at random towns each load? For example, I want some towns to spawn while others do not on a given marker. I know we have the priority filters but based on this it always spawns units at the towns that meet the priority which is always the same. I want to be able to generate a marker at random locations and have alive use it, or have ALIVE choose randomly towns within the marker to make it dynamic. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Also with the new AIA updates, seems certain maps may not work? Sahrani was one of them, however the SMD version works fine. Not sure if you can ensure all standard AIA maps are support in future releases? Thanks!

Hi Reaper, as HH mentioned, I have done a fix for this issue in dev, will be in the next release.

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Guys need some help. Is there a way to get alive to spawn at random towns each load? For example, I want some towns to spawn while others do not on a given marker. I know we have the priority filters but based on this it always spawns units at the towns that meet the priority which is always the same. I want to be able to generate a marker at random locations and have alive use it, or have ALIVE choose randomly towns within the marker to make it dynamic. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Also with the new AIA updates, seems certain maps may not work? Sahrani was one of them, however the SMD version works fine. Not sure if you can ensure all standard AIA maps are support in future releases? Thanks!

There is no method to randomise placements at this time. We are thinking of a random custom placement spawner some time soon, which should fill that gap.

Regarding AiA maps, we are looking into reindexing for those ones for 0.8 release.

ARJay - thanx so much for the reply regarding HH comments about the module and the issue I am having. Will this be a hotfix situation or a longer wait for the next update.....weeks, months (not complaining or looking for a hurry fix - just planning my groups missions etc). :)

The new features are welcome additions, we are really enjoying the hard work your team put into the ALiVE Mod. I would have uploaded the mission to the feedback tracker, however, I did as HH suggested and stripped it down to the CBA and ALiVE mods only and I had the exact same results - works great in editor but not on server :(

Once again, thanx for the communication from the ALiVE team, its this level of dedication that keeps the community supporting your mod. If its not ALiVE its dead ;)

REAPER

hey guys. I assume ALiVE is gonna get an update for AiATP? I tried making a mission for Zargabad and the CQB module (only thing I tried so far) threw an error about ladder classes. no other mods were running in the mission.

Thanks guys.

Another suggest for the users, by default the ALIVE mod disable all saved games unless stated otherwise in INIT file. Can it be that only ALIVE missions are affected by these settings? I have seen other users and even myself notice that when playing standard SP missions the MOD needs to be disabled. Not a huge deal but a suggestion. THanks

ARJay - thanx so much for the reply regarding HH comments about the module and the issue I am having. Will this be a hotfix situation or a longer wait for the next update.....weeks, months (not complaining or looking for a hurry fix - just planning my groups missions etc). :)

The new features are welcome additions, we are really enjoying the hard work your team put into the ALiVE Mod. I would have uploaded the mission to the feedback tracker, however, I did as HH suggested and stripped it down to the CBA and ALiVE mods only and I had the exact same results - works great in editor but not on server :(

Once again, thanx for the communication from the ALiVE team, its this level of dedication that keeps the community supporting your mod. If its not ALiVE its dead ;)

REAPER

We are thinking about a hotfix, so shouldn't be too long, glad you and your group are enjoying ALiVE!

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

hey guys. I assume ALiVE is gonna get an update for AiATP? I tried making a mission for Zargabad and the CQB module (only thing I tried so far) threw an error about ladder classes. no other mods were running in the mission.

Yes, we are looking at it for 0.8 release. Will see how it goes.

Thanks guys.

Another suggest for the users, by default the ALIVE mod disable all saved games unless stated otherwise in INIT file. Can it be that only ALIVE missions are affected by these settings? I have seen other users and even myself notice that when playing standard SP missions the MOD needs to be disabled. Not a huge deal but a suggestion. THanks

As you have been literally the hundreth player who asked for that, I decided to work on that thing! Should be available in upcoming release: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75073!

Thank you for the feedback!

Hello,

it seems I'm getting this error even on Stratis. No other mods are running, no idea what's going on. Is this normal right now?

4DxKoB1.png

EDIT: Sorry, I was running other mods, just not on the mission itself. I'll keep testing.

Edited by GDent

For some reason it turns out it's from ARP2. I don't think it has anything to do with AiATP

hey, it was mentionend already in this thread, its important that you have a static IP and run ALiVE on the dedicated server executable, if your ISP gives you a more or less static IP (that doesnt change very often) it should work for you also without hoster

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do this? I'd love to be able to just save my game. Also, I'm at a hotel for a while. I probably can't get a static IP at a hotel, can I?

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to do this? I'd love to be able to just save my game. Also, I'm at a hotel for a while. I probably can't get a static IP at a hotel, can I?

Hmm not really, you just need to set your Warroom server IP to whatever your current IP is, but in a hotel I imagine they assigns IP's pretty regularly

Hi again.

Just a quick question, I was wondering about, after having a great of A3 the other night.

I've set up a sort of dynamic mission in Takistan. There are plenty of enemies, they are in villages, strategic locations, etc. etc. Now here's the part I somehow haven't found an answer to yet. (I might be going blind, but anyway)

My team and I cleared out a small village which had a mortar placement too. Then we moved on to clear an oilfield and met heavy resistance, and even saw reinforcements arrive for CSAT (freaking awesome!) After some intense firefighting we had to do a tactical retreat to re-arm and re-supply, and then head back out to the oilfields.

As we were moving back, we entered the village with the mortar in it, and saw that CSAT had regained control of the area (again this is awesome, loving the dynamic aspects) But what I wanted to know is, do the AI keep on dynamically spawning in, and regaining control of their objective areas, or do the eventually run out of forces according to the number of units that are set in MIL_placement and MIL_CIV_placement, meaning that after some time, some areas of the map would be totally deserted because of the AI moving troops to where the fighting is going on.

I've set the possibility to bring in additional forces to 0 and the two placements modules are set to 100 units each. Which makes me believe that from the get-go there are (in theory) 200 AI units all over the map. So when we start clearing out villages, encampments, etc. that number would drop, but still have the AI move around according to strategic positions and strongholds.

So in short:

When the modules are both set to 100 and no reinforcement is set. Does that mean that there's always going to be 200 units on the entire map, or do the AI decrease in numbers as we clear more and more areas, even with them moving around the map?

I hope what I'm trying to get at, makes somewhat sense. I get that when we clear an area an move away from it, without stationing troops there, it'll be available for the AI to re-conquer (again great feature) but for the sake of for instance a MSO-type mission it would be nice to know, that we can clear an area, and call it ours, thereby expanding our presence on the map.

It works like you say. The Mil Placement settings are are the start state and if they receive no replacements from the Logistics Module they will eventually run out of troops. OPCOM will attempt to recapture high priority objectives only if he has sufficient forces to do so (iirc he needs 4 or 5 groups to attempt an attack), otherwise he will try to defend the objectives he currently holds. Logistics can be set to a finite number too - so for example you could have a Company of 100 deployed at the start with LOG set to 10 groups of reinforcements (about another company's worth). If you're cunning and work out where Logistics is coming from, you can ambush the convoy and prevent the reinforcements getting to the front. As you say, it's all very dynamic and working out what the enemy is doing and why is important to determine your own strategy!

mate you need to use No-Ip... http://www.noip.com/

Dynamic DNS makes a dynamic IP address act as though it's static (does not change) even though it is not. With No-IP you create an easy to remember hostname. This hostname is the URL that you type into your browser to connect to your remote device. Our Dynamic Update Client takes your hostname that you created (yourname.no-ip.org) and points it to your IP address.

I use this for various functions at work, such as Penetration testing etc. Think of it more as an "Auto Re-direct" to the IP you have logged in from, wherever that maybe in the globe essentially acting as an intermediary.

It works like you say. The Mil Placement settings are are the start state and if they receive no replacements from the Logistics Module they will eventually run out of troops. OPCOM will attempt to recapture high priority objectives only if he has sufficient forces to do so (iirc he needs 4 or 5 groups to attempt an attack), otherwise he will try to defend the objectives he currently holds. Logistics can be set to a finite number too - so for example you could have a Company of 100 deployed at the start with LOG set to 10 groups of reinforcements (about another company's worth). If you're cunning and work out where Logistics is coming from, you can ambush the convoy and prevent the reinforcements getting to the front. As you say, it's all very dynamic and working out what the enemy is doing and why is important to determine your own strategy!

Just the answer I was hoping for, thank you very much! :D

Quick question regarding the Military Intel (Map Intel - color squares on Map):

Obviously RED square is OPFOR Occupied and Blue Square is BLUFOR Occupied with a PURPLE looking square being both factions present. My question is, I see YELLOW Circle areas appear, GREEN Circles appear and a BLUE Circle appear around Mil Camps and Objective areas at times? What do the Circle areas mean?

I looked on the Wiki also :(

I've tinkered with the mod making small missions and wondered if anyone has made an Altis sized, east vs west, no mod, vanilla SP mission that has all the functionality to make gameplay fun (respawn, efficient script usage etc)?

The Four Ways demo/test mission on our website is basically that. You can depbo and see how it's put together.

mate you need to use No-Ip... http://www.noip.com/

Dynamic DNS makes a dynamic IP address act as though it's static (does not change) even though it is not. With No-IP you create an easy to remember hostname. This hostname is the URL that you type into your browser to connect to your remote device. Our Dynamic Update Client takes your hostname that you created (yourname.no-ip.org) and points it to your IP address.

I use this for various functions at work, such as Penetration testing etc. Think of it more as an "Auto Re-direct" to the IP you have logged in from, wherever that maybe in the globe essentially acting as an intermediary.

I need to do port forwarding though and I can't do that at a hotel as far as I know.

I've tinkered with the mod making small missions and wondered if anyone has made an Altis sized, east vs west, no mod, vanilla SP mission that has all the functionality to make gameplay fun (respawn, efficient script usage etc)?

Yep, i do it all the time. I release mission on it if you want to check it out. I use a SP respawn script.

Appears the Mil Sector Display Module is broken? Refreshed when I tell it too (e.g 1 minute) , all of the zones appear, then bam it vanishes, only to wait for the next cycle.

Also - Intelligence showing nearby friendlies appears to be broken as well. I see the "KIA" and Occupied marks showing, but the Friendly marks are nowhere to be found.. Set the distance too 99999 and nothing.

Edited by Burdy

Appears the Mil Sector Display Module is broken? Refreshed when I tell it too (e.g 1 minute) , all of the zones appear, then bam it vanishes, only to wait for the next cycle.

Also - Intelligence showing nearby friendlies appears to be broken as well. I see the "KIA" and Occupied marks showing, but the Friendly marks are nowhere to be found.. Set the distance too 99999 and nothing.

What map are you using it on?