wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I shared my log already. If its wanted I can also upload the mission....though it uses a bunch of other mods as well!

Yeah but it might just be a tiny setting that Fs everything up!

Gotta love ArmA3 and mods! The joys of trouble shooting. We did have an out of mem errors a couple of weeks ago from some horrendous mem leak, but it doesn't seem to have manifested again. We also almost always end up with terrible problems with server perf after a while when Zeus spawns stuff (with or without ALiVE running), so we strictly only use alternative spawning methods now.

I'm using the Alive mod to spawn civilians in an area.

However, the modules seem to disable my arma editor triggers

anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using the Alive mod to spawn civilians in an area.

However, the modules seem to disable my arma editor triggers

anyone know how to fix this?

Can you be more specific on what exactly is going on?

What are the conditions for your triggers?

What code are your triggers executing?

How are the triggers setup in the editor (synced?)

ALiVE shouldn't directly affect triggers being executed

Hello, I am working with a side mission generator in conjunction with Alive to allow players to randomly spawn objectives across a map on a Public Server. As the server runs for days between restarts, it is important to keep the mission as 'clean' as possible to maintain server performance. I use the "call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition" to create small FOB's / outposts etc... around the objective. This all works really well. However, once the mission is complete, I can clear up the AI / dead bodies, but I have been unable to clear the FOB's / outposts. Is there an Alive command to despawnComposition or deleteComposition to remove whatever composition has been spawned in?

Thanks.

Hello, I am working with a side mission generator in conjunction with Alive to allow players to randomly spawn objectives across a map on a Public Server. As the server runs for days between restarts, it is important to keep the mission as 'clean' as possible to maintain server performance. I use the "call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition" to create small FOB's / outposts etc... around the objective. This all works really well. However, once the mission is complete, I can clear up the AI / dead bodies, but I have been unable to clear the FOB's / outposts. Is there an Alive command to despawnComposition or deleteComposition to remove whatever composition has been spawned in?

Thanks.

Evrik, if you get this working to your liking I hope you wouldn't mind sharing your script. Or whatever method you're using for your side mission magic.

I've been using C2ISTAR for this and about half of the tasks don't work or work consistently enough, unfortunately.

Is there an Alive command to despawnComposition or deleteComposition to remove whatever composition has been spawned in?

Thanks.

alive_fnc_nuke 

;) 

edit:  no function for this at the moment sorry

After several tests, it is certain that the cause of a server crash is a problem between the ACE and Alive. I can not at the moment determine whether the problem lies in the whole fashion or just a module, but still narrows the search box. Whether any steps will be taken in order to eliminate this problem? Or rather the players have to rely on ourselves?

From the various reports I've received I would tend to agree with you.. something does not jive between ACE and ALiVE.  Unfortunately, no one has been able to replicate it while running just @CBA_A3, @ACE3 and @ALiVE, and there are other groups running those mods without issue.  If you can provide server and client RPT files for a crash instance using the above mods we'd certainly appreciate it.

• Like 1

Whether it is possible to receive only some orders from C2Istar: attack, defend, keep, etc., without these the type: kill HVT, destroy a car or a street lamp?

Whether it is possible to receive only some orders from C2Istar: attack, defend, keep, etc., without these the type: kill HVT, destroy a car or a street lamp?

Kind of: http://alivemod.com/forum/1676-some-c2istar-questions

Though the script isn't working for me at the moment. Bookmark this thread though. Once someone has a chance to look at it, I'm sure it'll get posted there.

Who knows. Maybe it'll work for you as is. But for me it's not quite enough yet to blacklist certain tasks and only generate the ones I want. I'm still just requesting the ones I want from the commander tablet with auto-tasking turned off.. Though not ideal it does the trick and works well.

Thanks, but probably it will not work, but I'm not good at scripting, etc. And I could spoil something. All in all, I would like to Alive joined my team in the war, gave the order to take the position and the signal to attack or defend. And even better if he could distinguish between "normal army" of special units and diversify job. cheers :), sorry for my english its not my language.

Thanks, but probably it will not work, but I'm not good at scripting, etc. And I could spoil something. All in all, I would like to Alive joined my team in the war, gave the order to take the position and the signal to attack or defend. And even better if he could distinguish between "normal army" of special units and diversify job. cheers :), sorry for my english its not my language.

C2ISTAR tasking is really the only option I can think of that will do this that's already included in the ALiVE download.

When a task gets generated, you take your team to the task location and prepare for battle. It's pretty neat.

Unfortunately, some of the tasks don't work consistently enough for the random tasks to be something I enjoy. What I do is keep auto-tasking turned off in the C2ISTAR module.

When I launch a mission, I go into the commander tablet and click on "Tasks."

I then click on "Generate a New Task," and pick one that sounds fun for me to do. To keep the location random(ish), I select either "Medium Distance" or "Long Distance" usually so I don't know exactly where on the map the mission will generate. Sometimes I'll select "Short Distance" if I want skip patrolling completely.

And honestly, it's fun helicoptering near the objective, getting out, killing the dudes or blowing whatever up, and then hopping back in the chopper when I'm done. Off to another location afterwards. :)

Although I wish it was a more fleshed out and less buggy system, C2ISTAR is good fun. I just recommend turning auto-tasks off at the moment and requesting your own.

• Like 1

After more than 7000 replies and over 5 million views, it's probably time we closed this thread.  And besides, we'd like to put the 1.0 release under this account name for ease of future editing.  Will make it easier when we open the bottle of sauce too.

• Like 4

C2ISTAR tasking is really the only option I can think of that will do this that's already included in the ALiVE download.

The Tasks were really only an interim to keep testers occupied and we never developed them further.  Took us rather by surprise how popular they are!  The good news is the framework is generally solid, it's just the details of the individual tasks that needs tweaking and that should be fairly easy for community people to do and submit code by pull request if you want to add or update going forward.

• Like 1

From the various reports I've received I would tend to agree with you.. something does not jive between ACE and ALiVE.  Unfortunately, no one has been able to replicate it while running just @CBA_A3, @ACE3 and @ALiVE, and there are other groups running those mods without issue.  If you can provide server and client RPT files for a crash instance using the above mods we'd certainly appreciate it.

When I turned on the server and start the mission in the logs I found one here error associated with Alive

12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT
12:52:28 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
12:52:28 Error in expression <ect 0;

_result = false;

if ((typeName _value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28   Error position: <_value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: _value
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_isHash.sqf, line 40
12:52:28 Error in expression <_missionName];

private ["_res"];

if (ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28   Error position: <ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_data_dictionaryloaded
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fnc_player.sqf, line 134
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.00598145
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT
12:52:28 0:10:43.751 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_viewdistance\fnc_vDist.sqf:55] -ERROR- L Alpha 2-1:1
12:52:28             Only one View Distance module can be used
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.00195312
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0010376
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.000976562

When I turned on the server and start the mission in the logs I found one here error associated with Alive

12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT
12:52:28 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
12:52:28 Error in expression <ect 0;

_result = false;

if ((typeName _value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28   Error position: <_value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: _value
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_isHash.sqf, line 40
12:52:28 Error in expression <_missionName];

private ["_res"];

if (ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28   Error position: <ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_data_dictionaryloaded
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fnc_player.sqf, line 134
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.00598145
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT
12:52:28 0:10:43.751 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_viewdistance\fnc_vDist.sqf:55] -ERROR- L Alpha 2-1:1
12:52:28             Only one View Distance module can be used
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.00195312
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0010376
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.000976562

This thread should be closed.

Here's the new ALiVE thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/

I really like this mod and I've been reading the wiki, watching tutorial videos etc but have one question: How, while previewing the mission I've put together, do I access the "Alive Tablet"? Maybe I've missed something but I can't figure out how I access that in order to call in support.