wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Supply boxes aren't guaranteed to spawn, one time they may spawn, the next they may not.

To access the gear inside crates called it via logistics, you must enable ALIVE player logistics in the ALIVE menu. Then there should be an action on the crate to unload it.

@rainque Try enabling ALIVE Profile Markers. This can be done by opening the ALIVE app key menu and navigating to Virtual AI System >> Mark profiles

• Like 1

Supply boxes aren't guaranteed to spawn, one time they may spawn, the next they may not.

To access the gear inside crates called it via logistics, you must enable ALIVE player logistics in the ALIVE menu. Then there should be an action on the crate to unload it.

@rainque Try enabling ALIVE Profile Markers. This can be done by opening the ALIVE app key menu and navigating to Virtual AI System >> Mark profiles

I only have "Activate Profile Debugs" under Virtual AI System. Cant find mark profiles

That's it, I just couldn't remember the exact name

Well i want to make the same mission as  ALiVE | Quick Start showcase comes with mod. How can i open it in editor ?

Hello, I believe that I have a problem with the system of reinforcements. After taking a position in which I choose there is not too much enemy presence, the alive generates 180-190 AI of reinforcement, which covers 100% of the ram memory of my server (the server have 7gb) and makes it crash. Is there any way to disable the reinforcements or lower the amount of these?

Thanks

You can lower the number of AI spawning in the Military Objectives module (there is a drop-down for the # of groups) and/or the CQB module.  You can also add a limiter in the Virtual AI module which sets a max for the number of AI groups that can spawn at any given time.

There must be some other problem however as your server should never reach 7GB of RAM usage for arma3server.exe.  The most I've ever personally seen is just under 2GB of usage on a dedicated box.

• Like 1

Ok. So I went ahead and synced the OPFOR OPCOM to my BLUFOR military and civilian objectives and I noticed that one time on mission start, OPFOR spawned I think a static automatic weapon right outside my base. LOL! Me and my team got mowed down so quickly I couldn't tell you exactly what it was (the symbol looked like a red wasp), or exactly how far out they spawned, but I'd guess by how quickly we all died they were within 100-200m or so.

I double checked the OPFOR mil/civ objectives modules as well as the CQB and IED modules and my blacklists are set up correctly.

Does making the OPFOR OPCOM aware of my objectives override any of the blacklist definitions in some cases or is it more likely I missed something in my blacklists? My TAOR is covering a pretty big radius around my base.

I don't mind my base being attacked over time (my BLUFOR civ/mil objectives are right near my base) but on mission start sort of took me off guard.

^ do you have roadblocks enabled?  if it was a static gun then it was probably a roadblock.  Double-check your blacklist marker names (or just create a test mission with one TAOR and one blacklist for simplicity).

^ do you have roadblocks enabled? if it was a static gun then it was probably a roadblock. Double-check your blacklist marker names (or just create a test mission with one TAOR and one blacklist for simplicity).

This is very possible but I'm pretty sure I disabled it on my Kunduz template (the map it happened on. I disable them for this template because the map is too small). I'll definitely look because that would make complete sense because I think they were on the road just outside my base.

I know no one can ever be 100% certain on anything but I looked (and looked) just to make sure I didn't miss defining my TAOR as a spawn blacklist in any of the modules, and it's all set up correctly. This is why I was wondering if syncing the OPFOR OPCOM to my objectives (which are literally right near my base) could cause this.

I'll take a closer look at it and get back to you if I have any more problems. I'm sure I just missed something obvious.

• Like 1

Ok, I am attempting to modify a mission to replace Leights Afghan Militia with ISTS terrorists for a Takistani Insurgency.

I am not getting any ISTS to spawn at the moment. 

I assume that is because all my OpCom and Military placement stuff show OpFor against my BLUFOR.  Does OPFOR need to be changed to GUER or IND for ISTS to spawn as the opposing faction?

Ok, I am attempting to modify a mission to replace Leights Afghan Militia with ISTS terrorists for a Takistani Insurgency.

I am not getting any ISTS to spawn at the moment.

I assume that is because all my OpCom and Military placement stuff show OpFor against my BLUFOR. Does OPFOR need to be changed to GUER or IND for ISTS to spawn as the opposing faction?

No. You just need to write the faction name in the faction overrides and then go to the "Intel" icon and make Independant hostile against your faction type (BLUFOR if you're playing as BLUFOR). I think his ISTS faction is independant if I recall but he changes things around so much that could be different now.

I think the faction name is LOP_ISTS but don't quote me on it.

No. You just need to write the faction name in the faction overrides and then go to the "Intel" icon and make Independant hostile against your faction type (BLUFOR if you're playing as BLUFOR). I think his ISTS faction is independant if I recall but he changes things around so much that could be different now.

I think the faction name is LOP_ISTS but don't quote me on it.

Thanks for the info.  I'm narrowing it down.   I have our faction as rhs_faction_usarmy_d and they are spawning just fine.

Thanks for the info.  I'm narrowing it down.   I have our faction as rhs_faction_usarmy_d and they are spawning just fine.

Yep. Keep at it. Just keep going into the modules and anywhere there's a force faction, put the faction you want in the override line. You're probably just missing one of the military objective or civilian objective modules.

So, funky error.  I replaced all the instances where I want LOP_ISTS instead of LOP_AM, and I cannot see anything spawning in.  I went to a mission, and had something shooting at me with what I presume were GL's, but I couldn't see any models anywhere.

Grrrr

Try spawning a regular unit in the editor (no modules). If you still can't see the model then it might be an issue with the units.

Well, I know the units will spawn.  I have a working Kunduz MCC map with Leights OpFor using the ISTS faction.  They are spawning there fine.
I have seen the ISTS models spawn as paired CQB module units, while I was checking in Zeus.   For some reason they won't spawn as the OpFor to my BLUFOR though.

So, after making sure all the Faction spots were showing correctly I have the mission up and running.  Thanks for your help, all!

Really enjoying ALiVE  so far.

Edited by ski2060

my guess is you mismatch factions :P ... you can NOT define the the ISTS faction as OPFOR !

if you set all correct, the ISTS as hostile towards BLUFOR (the setting for that you will find under advanced Intel in the mission builder) it will work.

may better you read this first:

Mr-Murray Editing Guide

ALiVE do requires at least a minimum of mission editing knowledge.

here a little example:

NATO = BLUFOR

CSAT = OPFOR

AFF = INDEP (Guerrilla)

in your case:

ISTS = INDEP

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Could you specify what should be supported with ace3? We use both and dont get errors. Yes there are features that are doubled, each on their own way but i dont see how to "support" this.

Maquez, thanks for trying to point me in the right direction.  I am just starting out in mission building, so it's a learning process.
I figured that ISTS were IND / GUER.  I was just having issues getting them in the right places an in the right Mission generation slots to populate on the map.

I have it working finally.  Now on to seeing if I can get Lifter A3 to work with my stuff so my guys can fast rope into missions :D

Well, it was at least spawning things correctly.  Now I'm getting random crashes and server lockups.  Grrr..