wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I am pretty sure this has been addressed before but how do I enable a trigger to detect virtual units created by the ALiVE modules.  If I was creating a Sector Control and needed to see what areas were occupied (activated a trigger) by OPFOR.

I am sure it was a simple line of code for the trigger but nothing is simple if you don't have the answer...any help is appreciated.

REAPER

......and so I found it, if this is out of date please let me know ;)

Detect Virtual Units (Profiles) in a Trigger Area

Will be true if there are virtualized AI groups of side EAST (string) within 50 mtrs of the triggers position EAST

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Will be true if there are virtualized vehicles of side EAST (string) within 500 mtrs of trigger position EAST

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Example: Place this line of code in the condition field of an end mission (f.e. lose) trigger, optionally with timeout. It will fire when there are virtualized groups in the selected area (for a certain amount of time). It doesnt matter if they are spawned or not.

That works for me Reaper  :)

Just keep in mind when dealing with INDEPENDENT i had to use "GUER" as the faction call...

• Like 1

That works for me Reaper  :)

Just keep in mind when dealing with INDEPENDENT i had to use "GUER" as the faction call...

So I had great success with using the code so that a trigger could detect virtual AI ALiVE units, however........when I synced the trigger to a BIS Sector Module it stops functioning. Does syncing the trigger remove its condition value?

Has anyone had any success with creating a sector mission using ALiVE and the Sector module?

what does this mean?

\x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.intro.sqf not found

Im in MP editor and this comes up when I go to preview. 

Which map are you using?  That usually means the map hasn't been indexed.

Rahmadi - CUP terrain. I have been working on this map for some time and only after placing modules did I begin to get thing error. 

Hi could someone please tell me how to make vehicles persistent? I have everything set up, player position is the same when I rejoin server, vehicle position is same, my ammo etc is the same all apart from the vehicle damage. When I load the mission back up everything is how I left it apart from vehicle damage. How can I change this?

Thanks

Is there any way to turn off the Alive splash screen and all the exit options in the game or config file someplace?

Is there any way to turn off the Alive splash screen and all the exit options in the game or config file someplace?

You can delete the intro.pbo and it's accompanying .bisign to get rid of the into. You can't get rid of the exit options though because they they are responsible for ALiVE persistence.

You can delete the intro.pbo...

First thing I do every time I install ALiVE.

Hi, I am just getting into putting missions together and using different mods for the purpose. 
ALiVE looks perfect for building a COIN style campaign and I plan to start tinkering with it this week.

I read on the Wiki about approximating an Asymmetric Insurgency style campaign with module placements and sync, but saw in the OP of this thread that ASW isn't enabled yet.
Is ASW going to be it's own module in an upcoming build? Or is that referencing the ability to place and link certain modules to replicate an ASW type campaign?

Looking forward to putting something together for my unit and trying this out.

The main post is behind due to Wolffy being gone. Asymmetric warfare is fully released (but open to improvements). It is not it's own module but instead can be enjoyed by enabling options is existing modules, ex. Turn opcom behavior to asymmetric, sync the IED and CQB modules to the commander, setup the rest of the modules as you would normally, and you're ready to go.

The main post is behind due to Wolffy being gone. Asymmetric warfare is fully released (but open to improvements). It is not it's own module but instead can be enjoyed by enabling options is existing modules, ex. Turn opcom behavior to asymmetric, sync the IED and CQB modules to the commander, setup the rest of the modules as you would normally, and you're ready to go.

Speaking of Assymetrical and syncing, I was just talking about this with someone so was looking for some clarification.

All of the Assymetrical missions I have on my PC made by pretty experienced mission makers never sync the BLUFOR and OPFOR commanders. I've followed the same pattern. Now to me it would obviously make sense to have them synced in a conventional style mission but is it 100% mandatory to sync the opposing OPCOM's in all instances?

I'd think in an Assymetric mission, the assymetric side wouldn't really be actively hunting anyone. Their goal being to recruit and build their forces. So to me it would seem to make more sense to go unsynced.

What's the general consensus on OPCOM syncing? Like I said, I never do it in my missions but someone else told me that weird things can happen if you don't.

Speaking of Assymetrical and syncing, I was just talking about this with someone so was looking for some clarification.

All of the Assymetrical missions I have on my PC made by pretty experienced mission makers never sync the BLUFOR and OPFOR commanders. I've followed the same pattern. Now to me it would obviously make sense to have them synced in a conventional style mission but is it 100% mandatory to sync the opposing OPCOM's in all instances?

I'd think in an Assymetric mission, the assymetric side wouldn't really be actively hunting anyone. Their goal being to recruit and build their forces. So to me it would seem to make more sense to go unsynced.

What's the general consensus on OPCOM syncing? Like I said, I never do it in my missions but someone else told me that weird things can happen if you don't.

You should never sync the actual OPCOM modules together, but the OPCOM modules to the opposing side's placement modules. What this does is make the objectives created by those placement modules know to the commander they are synced to. A commander won't attack any objectives that aren't synced to him because he is not aware they even exist.

For my asymm missions, I prefer to sync the security force's placement modules to the asymmetric commander so that the asymmetric commander is aware of and will attack those objectives. I do prefer keep the asymm commander's objectives secret from the security forces so that they do not have too strong of an advantage by knowing where the insurgents are operating at. It's mostly up to your preference though.

• Like 1

I set my TAOR in Military Placement (Mil Obj) and tried to spawn Platoon (30). But when i preview the map it only spawns few units (4-5 random infantry) and doesnt spawn any supply boxes. What am i doing wrong ? 

Ah. Glad someone brought up supply boxes.

Last night I called for an airdrop of explosives. The box came quickly but there was nothing inside it. :(

It had the weapon icon but it was empty. It was the first time I ever had called for air supplies like that. Definitely un-tested on my end if we keep that in mind but it was a little disappointing.

I set my TAOR in Military Placement (Mil Obj) and tried to spawn Platoon (30). But when i preview the map it only spawns few units (4-5 random infantry) and doesnt spawn any supply boxes. What am i doing wrong ?

Yeah. I've had the same thought too but you have to remember 30 units could be anything ranging from 30 individual infantry to 20 infantry and 10 choppers, etc depending on how you set up the modules.

Also, to my untrained eye, it seems they spawn in a much larger area than the actual marker itself. You may only see a few infantry but beyond the horizon may be (and probably are) more units.

I'd love for someone more knowledgable than me to pop in here and confirm for you but this had at least been what I've seen.

Yeah. I've had the same thought too but you have to remember 30 units could be anything ranging from 30 individual infantry to 20 infantry and 10 choppers, etc depending on how you set up the modules.

Also, to my untrained eye, it seems they spawn in a much larger area than the actual marker itself. You may only see a few infantry but beyond the horizon may be (and probably are) more units.

Well in official ALiVE youtube tutorial his units looks like this on map;

l7ucyk4.jpg

And mine;

ibmzTs9.jpg

I think there is a problem about mine

Have you set up your blacklist/whitelist variables within the module?

If you want units to only spawn within a specific area, you need to place a marker and restrict your units via the whitelist/blacklist lines.

I'm pretty sure if you don't define it the 30 units will spawn near mil/civ objects (for mil and civ modules, respectively) around the entire map.

Have you set up your blacklist/whitelist variables within the module?

If you want units to only spawn within a specific area, you need to place a marker and restrict your units via the whitelist/blacklist lines.

I'm pretty sure if you don't define it the 30 units will spawn near mil/civ objects (for mil and civ modules, respectively) around the entire map.

I already created marker named BLUEFOR_1 and wrote down TAOR in military placement

I already created marker named BLUEFOR_1 and wrote down TAOR in military placement

Ok. So let's say the marker you laid down covers the exact area you want the platoon to spawn in and you called this BLUEFOR_1. You need to go into the module and type BLUEFOR_1 into the whitelist line and write the name of every other marker you don't want them to spawn in in the blacklist line. I make a habit out of defining both.

Assuming TAOR covers a large portion of the map, if you only define TAOR within the whitelist section of the module, the units will spawn over the entire TAOR. This may not be what you want but it sounds like this is how you have it set up currently.

Ok. So let's say the marker you laid down covers the exact area you want the platoon to spawn in and you called this BLUEFOR_1. You need to go into the module and type BLUEFOR_1 into the whitelist line and write the name of every other marker you don't want them to spawn in in the blacklist line. I make a habit out of defining both.

Assuming TAOR covers a large portion of the map, if you only define TAOR within the whitelist section of the module, the units will spawn over the entire TAOR. This may not be what you want but it sounds like this is how you have it set up currently.

I have only 1 marker on map right now. And i type BLUEFOR_1 into whitelist line. Still same thing. No platoon only 5-6 soldiers. It doesnt define HQ in the area either.