wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

use the ALiVE AI Skill module, it does it's job very well if correct configured

Could you post how it could be configered? Im not sure what is good, how ai with termal sight, with vehicles, air units should be configed ;)

Will you guys begin updating the roadmap again on Devwithsix? I miss following your progress and seeing all the cool things to come. If not, what maps do you plan on indexing in the future?

Will you guys begin updating the roadmap again on Devwithsix? I miss following your progress and seeing all the cool things to come. If not, what maps do you plan on indexing in the future?

We've pretty much moved to GitHub for a few reasons... not sure if DWS will get any further updates.

Here is the current queue for indexing maps:

• Hindu Kush
  • FSF Kalu Khan
  • Cossac Cape, Crimea
  • Cidada Island
  • Kunar Province
  • Schwemlitz
  • Faysh Khabur
  • Ezbekistan
  • Bozcaada
  • Panthera (needs a re-index due to map ID changes)
  • Atlantis
  • Chernarus Winter (for some reason map IDs are different from Chernarus :angry: )
  • Xcam Prototype map
  • Sugar Lake
  • Ural
  • Korengal Valley
  • Southern Waziristan
  • Da Krong
  • Nam (needs re-index)

The dev that is the Master of Indexing has not had a lot of time for ALiVE in the last while due to RL stuff.. hence the backlog.

Also there may be an issue concerning AiA terrains vs CUP terrains.. hopefully the map IDs in the CUP versions are the same as AiA ones or else we will need to re-index all the CUP maps  :blink:

• Like 1

Yikes.

Are you guys recommending staying away from CUP Terrains for now? If so, meaning just the official A1/A2 maps might be causing issues (Takistan, Chernerus, etc) or even just using the mod in general (Reshmaan, CLAfghan, etc)?

Thanks Savage. Do you have a roadmap on Github like you did for Devwithsix? Google didn't find anything. Awesome list! Ezbekistan was by far my favorite map in Arma 2 and I can't wait to use it with ALIVE once it's indexed!

Yikes.

Are you guys recommending staying away from CUP Terrains for now? If so, meaning just the official A1/A2 maps might be causing issues (Takistan, Chernerus, etc) or even just using the mod in general (Reshmaan, CLAfghan, etc)?

It shouldn't cause issues with other (non CUP) terrains so no harm in loading it with Arma - but as far as the maps themselves working - only one way to find out  ;)   If the map doesn't work you will get either an infinite loading screen or an error in the RPT

Thanks Savage. Do you have a roadmap on Github like you did for Devwithsix? Google didn't find anything. Awesome list! Ezbekistan was by far my favorite map in Arma 2 and I can't wait to use it with ALIVE once it's indexed!

Github is private for now which is probably why you can't find anything.  I'll let one of the devs reply with any more details.
  • Like 1

slow down concerning CUP Terrains :D

I do use in many newly updated missions CUP Terrains and found so far not any hiccup from ALiVE using these maps!

it works also with maps that did need AIA TP as base without any error, from ALiVE's side.

so I think no re-indexing needed of any CUP map and no need for any panic :rolleyes:

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

• Like 3

We've pretty much moved to GitHub for a few reasons... not sure if DWS will get any further updates.

Here is the current queue for indexing maps:

• Hindu Kush
  • FSF Kalu Khan
  • Cossac Cape, Crimea
  • Cidada Island
  • Kunar Province
  • Schwemlitz
  • Faysh Khabur
  • Ezbekistan
  • Bozcaada
  • Panthera (needs a re-index due to map ID changes)
  • Atlantis
  • Chernarus Winter (for some reason map IDs are different from Chernarus :angry: )
  • Xcam Prototype map
  • Sugar Lake
  • Ural
  • Korengal Valley
  • Southern Waziristan
  • Da Krong
  • Nam (needs re-index)

The dev that is the Master of Indexing has not had a lot of time for ALiVE in the last while due to RL stuff.. hence the backlog.

Also there may be an issue concerning AiA terrains vs CUP terrains.. hopefully the map IDs in the CUP versions are the same as AiA ones or else we will need to re-index all the CUP maps  :blink:

Alittle comment Faysh Khabur doesn't work. When you are near the northen bridge, the map crashes. So no need to index that.

Sixt

nvm .... ignore my comment

getting old :D

did not understand first what he wrote

There's no new roadmap as such, since we're as feature complete as we want to be for this iteration and given real life pressures (due mostly to the creation of new little people) what dev time we have is dedicated to keeping up with the new bugs generated by changing mods, patches and...yet more maps. I'm still looking at ways to streamline the map indexing process - more on that soonâ„¢.

The current dev plan is fix a couple of outstanding issues we've not yet resolved in the dev version and round off the plugin, then we'll be in maintenance only mode for a while.

• Like 2

Hello Alive Guys

Stunning Mod.

I play around since a few month.

For a couple of days i realized when i read in forums or in alivemod forum that the last released version is 0.94 or 0.99/1.0?

My version is 0.9.10 and i looked everywhere but its the same.

Miss i something? Or is this the right version?

Thanks

0.9.10 (0.9.10.1510131) downloadable on our website is the latest version. It's the Release Candidate for our final version in this iteration so you may see it referred to as 1.0RC, but don't let that confuse you.

Could someone take a look at this? http://www.filedropper.com/arma32016-01-0421-30-01

Not my logs, by the way. It's a buddy's from here. He's constantly crashing on Reshmaan province regardless of the mod combination. I'm curious too because I'm crashing on that map also.

Edit: After our PM I see he posted the logs on your official forums: http://alivemod.com/forum/1631-arma-keeps-crashing

he should test with map and it's requirement only loaded, difficult to say if he loads a ton of addons

guys ... you should learn this please :D

if you have problem with an addon do load only this addon ALONE, then see if error and crash still happens

if yes, you sure it is the map

if not, then load the other addons one by one until you find the case of crash

I know this is time consuming and annoying, but that's the way how arma is and this since ages

how it looks it is a memory crash, access to a wrong memory address caused by fata

can be anything, my guess it's a bad scripted configuration file of the map or a bad texture

• Like 3

he should test with map and it's requirement only loaded, difficult to say if he loads a ton of addons

if you have problem with an addon do load only this addon ALONE, then see if error and crash still happens

I know this is time consuming and annoying, but that's the way how arma is and this since ages

how it looks it is a memory crash, access to a wrong memory address caused by fata

can be anything, my guess it's a bad scripted configuration file of the map or a bad texture

+1 Internet Cookie for you

• Like 2

So your initial impression is that Reshmaan itself is the cause of the crashes? Interesting.

I'd be curious to see someone try CBA, ALiVE and Reshmaan (and Mad Build) only. It'd be a shame if so. It's a glorious and enormous map.

I know of other groups that use ALiVE and Reshmaan without issues.. so most likely the map itself is not the problem.  However if your crashes happen in the same area of the map everytime, it could be a map problem (Lingor for A3 had this issue when it was released).

0.9.10 (0.9.10.1510131) downloadable on our website is the latest version. It's the Release Candidate for our final version in this iteration so you may see it referred to as 1.0RC, but don't let that confuse you.

Thanx friznit2 for your reply.

Then i can take this from my possible error list :)

Greetz

So over the last few weeks, I've been spending a great deal of time messing around in the editor, trying to learn and tinker with the power of ALiVE. The last few months I've played nothing but this mod. Its my favorite of all-time. It's been exhilarating, but... also trying on my nerves thanks to stability issues and crashes, BIS updates breaking stuff, and the consequences of good old mod conflicts. :)

Recently I decided it was time to pull up my sleeves and start making my own missions for myself. This way I could not only troubleshoot them myself but also cater my missions to my own needs. We have such a wonderful community here I figured I'd be stupid to not put this question out there.

I have a goal of creating a series of templates, currently based on the Assymetric Insurgency model (for now), that will be designed as a functioning template for lone wolfs, co-op groups or even large groups of friends to tinker based on their needs. What I want to provide is something playable from the get go, but with enough leeway for people and even encouraging them to adjust as they see fit. Emphasis will be on performance and stability. But with believable factions, dangers and maybe someday some other cool features such as ambience and different ways of discovering intel.

I'm not sure if I'll ever release anything I'm doing because I'm not very good at this, but I wanted to reach out to the ALiVE community. If anyone is familiar with mission making and has some free time and patience for an idiot like me :), and thinks doing something like this might be fun, I'd love to get some help.

If anyone would like to help me work on some templates, please PM me and I'll send over what I've got.

@Hero, that's how it started with me.  Wanted to get in and create.  Now i have over 4400 hours of ARMA invested, and it has become an addiction.  Be careful  :)

• Like 3

Hi all,

I was wondering if it could be possible to assign waypoints to a CAS unit when ordering it to perform a, for example, SAD mission. Is it possible? I have been searching through the forums and in the ALiVE wiki but could not find any answer...

Hi all,

I was wondering if it could be possible to assign waypoints to a CAS unit when ordering it to perform a, for example, SAD mission. Is it possible? I have been searching through the forums and in the ALiVE wiki but could not find any answer...

You could try and use the Operations tablet. I don't think it detects Combat Support units but I've never tested that aspect either, might be worth a shot.

You could try and use the Operations tablet. I don't think it detects Combat Support units but I've never tested that aspect either, might be worth a shot.

Thanks spyderblack for your answer.

Unfortunately it does not work. I have tested it with just a helo synced to a Combat Support Module (CAS) and it does not detect it. I only get, "No OPCOM instances found". It shows however in the Supports tablet but I cannot assign any waypoints in there... Could this be added as a future feature? Cheers  :) 

Thanks spyderblack for your answer.

Unfortunately it does not work. I have tested it with just a helo synced to a Combat Support Module (CAS) and it does not detect it. I only get, "No OPCOM instances found". It shows however in the Supports tablet but I cannot assign any waypoints in there... Could this be added as a future feature? Cheers  :) 

Feature request added  :)

• Like 1