wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Are you referring to the auto-tasking part of C2ISTAR?  Do you get an error when the task is assigned and you are in a plane?

With regards to the CQB module there is a setting in the module that specifies spawn distance for planes (default is 0 meaning baddies won't spawn if you fly over them).  You'll need to adjust this setting.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the auto-tasking part of C2ISTAR?  Do you get an error when the task is assigned and you are in a plane?

With regards to the CQB module there is a setting in the module that specifies spawn distance for planes (default is 0 meaning baddies won't spawn if you fly over them).  You'll need to adjust this setting.

I'm presuming it must be associated with C2ISTAR, and yes I'm aware with the CQB module that there are three variables for activation for ground, helos, and planes.

I have never been in a plane when the task was assigned, would that have any bearing on whether certain vehicles activate the objectives when the player is close enough?

Also is there a log where I can look at any error messages created while in-game?

I did get a message stating that there were more than the optimal amount of objectives "> 80", however I couldn't see if there were any other error messages.

EDIT

Okay, so I tried a variety of things and it seems as if being in a plane contributes to some rather strange outcomes when having missions assigned to the player.

- Troop transport missions "resolve themselves" if one is in an attack plane and merely flies around both the "pick up" and "drop off" objectives for a short amount of time. What's more, none of the actual entities associated with the mission actually spawned (troops, etc).

- Missions in which the player is ordered to destroy a target do not appear while the individual is flying a plane, I did however land a plane on a nearby road in such a mission, run to the objective waypoint and activate the mission causing the relevant entities to spawn

So, I just don't think it works, which is a pity as it would be nice to have some dynamically generated objectives for an air-type role.

I'm presuming it must be associated with C2ISTAR, and yes I'm aware with the CQB module that there are three variables for activation for ground, helos, and planes.

I have never been in a plane when the task was assigned, would that have any bearing on whether certain vehicles activate the objectives when the player is close enough?

Also is there a log where I can look at any error messages created while in-game?

I did get a message stating that there were more than the optimal amount of objectives "> 80", however I couldn't see if there were any other error messages.

EDIT

Okay, so I tried a variety of things and it seems as if being in a plane contributes to some rather strange outcomes when having missions assigned to the player.

- Troop transport missions "resolve themselves" if one is in an attack plane and merely flies around both the "pick up" and "drop off" objectives for a short amount of time. What's more, none of the actual entities associated with the mission actually spawned (troops, etc).

- Missions in which the player is ordered to destroy a target do not appear while the individual is flying a plane, I did however land a plane on a nearby road in such a mission, run to the objective waypoint and activate the mission causing the relevant entities to spawn

So, I just don't think it works, which is a pity as it would be nice to have some dynamically generated objectives for an air-type role.

Looks like the function that checks if players are nearby checks for distance and not distance2D. Meaning if you are too high over an objective it might not register you as close enough to continue with the task.

• Like 1

hy HeroesandvillainsOS

i use to play arma3 with alive in sp ...have the same issues with the savegame  :angry:

could you send me one of your sp mission with Alive ?

Up to a sp save game in Alive 

:wub:

thank u 

Is there a way to pick custom sizes of groups ALIVE spawn in and whether or not to add a technical of my choice? When using leights Afghan terrorists I would like more groups of 2-3 guys instead of always groups of 8 in wedge formation. I'm trying to pass the mission of as a counter insurgency but it looks like I'm fighting conventional forces.

Thanks

Ps. I've tried every different combo I can think of to get Taliban to spawn in a custom objective way deep in the mountains and reinforce from here only. If I could get some detailed help on how to achieve this I would be grateful.

For mission I need......

1. A custom objective in mountains that Taliban reinforce from and hopefully spawn at. Can have some units patrolling to keep it safe but stops all new units being created if we find this camp and take it over.

2. Other custom objective of ranging high to low priority that they will aggressively try to take over. Most of these areas need some patrolling units at mission start.

3. Need the higher priority custom objectives in valley (not the mountain camp) to be of highest priority. Reinforce with units already patrolling lower priority objectives or from the main mountain objective if none available at others.

4. I do not ever want Taliban to spawn, parashute, helicopter into any of the custom objectives that is not the mountain main camp objective. If possible I would rather they didn't para or heli at all :)

5. Afghan army will need similar setup from a mil obj but slightly weaker force so they need us to help take the same objective Taliban want or already hold.

Mission is to clear out strategic positions korrengal valley held or wanted by Taliban.

While pushing through valley we will be building makeshift op's for Afghan army to man as we move on through the valley. Eventually when we clear valley we want to search mountains to clean up any remaining wanderers and destroy the main camp/spawned/reinforcement area.

Is this possible or am I dreaming lol

Thanks again.

Originally the auto-tasking system was just a temporary 'fill-in' to give players something to do and I don't think air roles were ever considered.  Perhaps after the release of 1.0 there will be some work done on this... not sure.

Our Server is running the Kunduz map with ALiVE and keeps crashing, also using ACE, Leights OPFOR, RHS, and Mission enhanced Little Birds.Anyone else having crashes/ freeze up problems since the last Arma update? 

below are the screenshots 

http://prntscr.com/9cey1e

http://prntscr.com/9cey4x

We've had a few reports of crashing but it seems to be a broader problem (ie: not something with ALiVE).  BIS has been asking for crash reports for those that experience server crashes - you can upload them to the feedback tracker.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26775#bugnotes

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186339-out-of-memory-errors-since-154-update/

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186449-massive-desynccrashes-after-154anyone-else-experience-this/

• Like 1

Our Server is running the Kunduz map with ALiVE and keeps crashing, also using ACE, Leights OPFOR, RHS, and Mission enhanced Little Birds.Anyone else having crashes/ freeze up problems since the last Arma update? 

below are the screenshots 

http://prntscr.com/9cey1e

http://prntscr.com/9cey4x

this is not a ALiVE nor BI problem it's a problem with the Kunduz map itself, we had constant crashes in my community until we got rid of Kunduz

this map has spots where the FPS goes down to one digit

ALiVE runs very stable and smooth if you don't use a ton of addons, thank you for this ALiVE developers really an outstanding work of you  :)

• Like 1

thank you for this ALiVE developers really an outstanding work of you  :)

Thanks for your excellent ALiVE missions.

• Like 1

I'm not doubting any of you as you are are much more savvy when it comes to this stuff than me.

That said (knock on wood) the mission I'm running on Kunduz right now has no crashing issues or FPS issues whatsoever.

this is not a ALiVE nor BI problem it's a problem with the Kunduz map itself, we had constant crashes in my community until we got rid of Kunduz

this map has spots where the FPS goes down to one digit

ALiVE runs very stable and smooth if you don't use a ton of addons, thank you for this ALiVE developers really an outstanding work of you  :)

Had the same issue on Altis too 

Originally the auto-tasking system was just a temporary 'fill-in' to give players something to do and I don't think air roles were ever considered.  Perhaps after the release of 1.0 there will be some work done on this... not sure.

That would be cool but it's no big deal if it isn't expanded.

I figured as much about it's originally intended use, I just thought I would experiment with it to test the extent of its use.

I stumbled over a problem

since update 1.54 it looks like the CQB modules do not spawn any units anymore

Faction used: OPF_G_F

CQB locations : whole map

Probality : 40%

Density: high

AI amount: pair

Placement: static

Map used: stratis

if someone could test this too and confirm or negate would be good

meanwhile I will do further tests and report back with my findings

edit after further testing:

nvm...  sorry for inconvenience, after deleting the module and configure it again it worked flawless :rolleyes:

dunno what happened before, no problems found all works as it should

fortunately :D

maybe I am getting old...

• Like 1

Good catch if you can confirm it.

Perhaps if you can verify the issue with vanilla ALiVE and CBA you could link the findings to their official forums?

edit after further testing:

nvm...  sorry for inconvenience, after deleting the module and configure it again it worked flawless :rolleyes:

dunno what happened before, so no problems further found all works as it should

fortunately :D

maybe I am getting old...

Thanks for updating that it's working for you now.

Just a random question about C2ISTAR once more.

What criteria is necessary for troop transport missions to be assigned properly?

Is there an array of compatible islands, or is it based on associated infrastructure (roads), or specific buildings?

I tried using it on the map Dariyah, which does IIRC use legacy Arma 2 buildings, and it has no roads. 

Some objectives work fine, such as "kill troops at location", "kill HVT", "destroy vehicle", etc. The only two that don't appear to work are "defend objective" and the troop transport mission. In the case of the defend objective mission, it simply doesn't load at all, in the case of the troop transport mission, it only assigns the drop off location.

Just for my own understanding, and anyone else who is interested, what exactly is required for those two malfunctioning missions to work?

Just a random question about C2ISTAR once more.

What criteria is necessary for troop transport missions to be assigned properly?

Is there an array of compatible islands, or is it based on associated infrastructure (roads), or specific buildings?

I tried using it on the map Dariyah, which does IIRC use legacy Arma 2 buildings, and it has no roads. 

Some objectives work fine, such as "kill troops at location", "kill HVT", "destroy vehicle", etc. The only two that don't appear to work are "defend objective" and the troop transport mission. In the case of the defend objective mission, it simply doesn't load at all, in the case of the troop transport mission, it only assigns the drop off location.

Just for my own understanding, and anyone else who is interested, what exactly is required for those two malfunctioning missions to work?

Compatible Maps: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

They have to be manually indexed by an ALiVE dev

• Like 1

Hm, Dariyah appears to be in the index, not sure why those two missions don't get assigned properly with C2ISTAR.

Kind of a bone headed question: There are alot of polished missions out there that are great but I get bored because I need a fully dynamic raging war around me at all times (15 years marriage does that to you) but often many files dont seem to initialize when I stick Alive smack dab in the middle of them in the editor.

Any tips on this maybe delaying the Alive init or something of the like?

14 years and counting I know exactly what you mean  :wacko:

So you want to delay the init of ALiVE until other stuff goes through the init process?  Or are there specific parts of ALiVE you are trying to delay @ startup?

Not sure how you would go about delaying ALiVE's init, you could however, do the opposite and wait until ALiVE finishes init and then run the files.. if that suffices.

Not sure how you would go about delaying ALiVE's init, you could however, do the opposite and wait until ALiVE finishes init and then run the files.. if that suffices.

.....or that...

Amazing what 1 sleep command can do :ph34r:

.....or that...

Amazing what 1 sleep command can do :ph34r:

Will be more accurate if you do

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_REQUIRE_INITIALISED"};

You can run a sleep after that if you need additional time

• Like 1