wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Dear Alive Team, Can you please add the FIA faction clone that you have on the OPFOR side, cloned to the independent side as well. Please, Thank you!

So first time trying ALIVE. Got a random task to destroy a campfire (burning). But no amount of explosives will trigger a task success. What am I missing?

Same here ! Is it fixed anyway ??

I can't succeed or fail all (auto-generated) tasks without manual settings ! 

Is it only me ?

Same here ! Is it fixed anyway ??

I can't succeed or fail all (auto-generated) tasks without manual settings ! 

Is it only me ?

No, not just you. I had a generated task to clear an area but with everyone I could find in the area killed, the task remained. Though to be fair, I have no idea how large the radius to the task marker actually is. If it's wider than one would assume it's definitely possible I didn't sweep wide enough.

I'd love clearer explanations for what qualifies as a successful task for all of the generated tasks, to be honest.

For this task i have cleared the area and checked with admin tools if there was other ennemies => nobody ! But the task stays on "assigned" !

For destroy ennemi camp , i have put many many explosives charges... same thing => assigned :(

I'm a little sad :(

Another thing , i would like to know how to disable "arrest" option for a specific unit ? I put a medic (civilian) in my base , and i don't want were're able to arrest him because he must stay at it position... how to do it ?

For this task i have cleared the area and checked with admin tools if there was other ennemies => nobody ! But the task stays on "assigned" !

For destroy ennemi camp , i have put many many explosives charges... same thing => assigned :(

I'm a little sad :(

Another thing , i would like to know how to disable "arrest" option for a specific unit ? I put a medic (civilian) in my base , and i don't want were're able to arrest him because he must stay at it position... how to do it ?

Why not use a unity from your side and strip his weapons/gear as needed?  ;)

Yes you're right ! I can do it like this for the moment !

But it should be good if there's a way to disable the option with a little init synthax , like you can see it for some features in ace , or otber mods ;)

Yes you're right ! I can do it like this for the moment !

But it should be good if there's a way to disable the option with a little init synthax , like you can see it for some features in ace , or otber mods ;)

You can use 

removeAllActions unitname;

before adding any custom actions.

You can use 

removeAllActions unitname;
before adding any custom actions.

Oh great ! Thanks a lot ;)

And about the task problem... have you got a solution ? :)

• Like 1

Oh great ! Thanks a lot ;)

And about the task problem... have you got a solution ? :)

If they aren't completing after a short delay (30-60) seconds, they are probably suffering from a bug that will need to be looked at. As long as there are no enemies within 300-400m it should be considered clear.

If they aren't completing after a short delay (30-60) seconds, they are probably suffering from a bug that will need to be looked at. As long as there are no enemies within 300-400m it should be considered clear.

Thanks a lot :)

Then i just have to wait that will be fixed as soon as possible ;)

Hello guys,

Lets say I want to create a mission where an enemy army tries to invade my Airbase,  and to stop the AI Commander Module, all I need to do is  kill this X unit (where X = placed soldier unit).

The AI Commander Module will change its objetive from Invasion to Ocupy or just stop sending people to my airbase.

Can this be done?

Can anyone confirm if ALiVE is still working on latest stable build without issues?  other then what already was known from 1.52x...

Can anyone confirm if ALiVE is still working on latest stable build without issues?  other then what already was known from 1.52x...

As far as I can tell, other than all of my favorite mods that I use with ALiVE being broken :) , ALiVE itself seems to be working wonderfully.

No issues on my end but I can't say I've put in a super long session since the update either. Just enough to test briefly and all *seems* ok.

• Like 1

So far so good.. no major issues although I have not tested persistence yet.  If you are having problems since the 1.54 update please make sure you have the latest CBA installed.

• Like 1

I wait till the day Alive incorporates a way to flawlessly save Single player missions on the computer itself rather than having to go online !

That will be the day I will only use Alive no other mod. ;)

Honestly this is the only single player mod of its kind which has issues saving.

P.S.: Please dont cite the warroom or setting up dedicated server tutorial to me. This is just an opinion I carry along with manyyyyy single player gamers.

• Like 1

I wait till the day Alive incorporates a way to flawlessly save Single player missions on the computer itself rather than having to go online !

That will be the day I will only use Alive no other mod. ;)

Honestly this is the only single player mod of its kind which has issues saving.

P.S.: Please dont cite the warroom or setting up dedicated server tutorial to me. This is just an opinion I carry along with manyyyyy single player gamers.

It would be grand, but unfortunately, ALiVE tends to be saving much more data than these missions. ALiVE handles

player: position,damage,ammo vehicle

vehicle: position, damage, ammo

unit: position, faction, damage, ammo, waypoints, combat stance, movement speeds, vehicle assignments, unit count per group, unit types per group

opcom: orders, objectives, misc hashed data

tacom: orders, analysis

tasks: assigned tasks, analysis

and more

Of course having it be savable in SP would be amazing though, Arma just tends to not like larger filesizes.

For a quick example, go into a mission that has a Military AI Commander module placed down and execute this code in the debug console.

_opcoms = [];
{_opcoms pushBack _x} forEach OPCOM_instances;
copyToClipboard str _opcoms;

Then paste that in a notepad file and view the size!

It would be grand, but unfortunately, ALiVE tends to be saving much more data than these missions. ALiVE handles

player: position,damage,ammo vehicle

vehicle: position, damage, ammo

unit: position, faction, damage, ammo, waypoints, combat stance, movement speeds, vehicle assignments, unit count per group, unit types per group

opcom: orders, objectives, misc hashed data

tacom: orders, analysis

tasks: assigned tasks, analysis

and more

Of course having it be savable in SP would be amazing though, Arma just tends to not like larger filesizes.

For a quick example, go into a mission that has a Military AI Commander module placed down and execute this code in the debug console.

_opcoms = [];
{_opcoms pushBack _x} forEach OPCOM_instances;
copyToClipboard str _opcoms;

Then paste that in a notepad file and view the size!

What if I use Alive without any AI Commander? I mean just to spawn enemy units like insurgency style ? Even then it will be staggering??

What if I use Alive without any AI Commander? I mean just to spawn enemy units like insurgency style ? Even then it will be staggering??

It all depends on how large the constructed mission is. The more units spawned (profiled) and the more modules placed (that are persistent), saving becomes increasingly harder in single player. Small missions may save fine, while missions that involve many units won't.

It all depends on how large the constructed mission is. The more units spawned (profiled) and the more modules placed (that are persistent), saving becomes increasingly harder in single player. Small missions may save fine, while missions that involve many units won't.

Yeah I have played Alive 'lightly' in SP for a decent amount of time in it early stages with saving working fine.

Now, if I am saving the mission in SP, persistence is any way not needed IMHO? I mean choosing the "Persistence on/off" option in certain modules.

Anyway, I will try it tonight thanks for sharing the fact that AI Commander module uses majority of the space :D

Yeah I have played Alive 'lightly' in SP for a decent amount of time in it early stages with saving working fine.

Now, if I am saving the mission in SP, persistence is any way not needed IMHO? I mean choosing the "Persistence on/off" option in certain modules.

Anyway, I will try it tonight thanks for sharing the fact that AI Commander module uses majority of the space :D

It's not just the AI Commander module, that was simply an example for how much data a large hash can have stored in it.

Armaman, setting up a dedicated server and syncing it to the War Room is pretty easy. WAY easier than the stuff you're currently helping me with for Ravage. :)

I could link you to some stuff that'll get you set up and also to some of my favorite missions (I usually play alone with AI when I'm not free to play with friends...which is most of the time).

ALiVE SP is my go to right now. I play it every day.

Armaman, setting up a dedicated server and syncing it to the War Room is pretty easy. WAY easier than the stuff you're currently helping me with for Ravage. :)

I could link you to some stuff that'll get you set up and also to some of my favorite missions (I usually play alone with AI when I'm not free to play with friends...which is most of the time).

ALiVE SP is my go to right now. I play it every day.

Thank you. I have your previous reply with me. You showed me the way some time back in this thread itself I remember ;)

My only concern was NOT to use the internet while playing it for saving or persistence or whatever. I basically just ask my laptop to go to sleep except for all the processes that need to play arma :P

Thats how I squeeze the last bit outa it.

Anyway Thanks again Heroesandvillains. :)

• Like 1

I'm messing around with the sample mission Operation Landlord, and I noticed that the created mission objectives don't seem to work if the player is in an aircraft, is that something that can be changed?

I know that the CQB module specifies the distances at which spawned units will (if at all) spawn from, however the custom objectives in the mission seem to not work if the player is flying a plane of any kind.

Is there anywhere I can change that?