wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

There is one here called "The Grind" by Gunny

http://alivemod.com/missions

It's outdated though - which means you'll have to open the mission in the editor, mark down the ALiVE modules and their settings, delete and replace all ALiVE modules.

Any idea how to open it in the editor?

@JaeC: "Can HC connect mid mission and have ALIVE use it?"

Yes, Its coded in a way that it supports multiple headless clients (round robin AI distribution) and if a HC, that carries AI disconnects, the AI will be switched back to server and then will be re-distributed. If there is no HC everything will be on server until it reconnects again.

• Like 1

TRACE system covers the entire map I don't believe you can limit it to a specific TAOR.  For your test try maxing out the CQB numbers and see if they spawn where you want.  Might also be an issue with the hotel and spawning AI inside.. but not really sure.

But an older version of ALiVE it shows only red when enemys are controling the sector. also it was more "red" if there where more enemys. 1 enemy = 90% transparent, 3 enemys = 50% transparent. Is this all gone? :/

But an older version of ALiVE it shows only red when enemys are controling the sector. also it was more "red" if there where more enemys. 1 enemy = 90% transparent, 3 enemys = 50% transparent. Is this all gone? :/

Marker alpha (transparency) changed with the number of enemies should still be there. If it's not working for you, test with only ALiVE and CBA enabled. If it still happens, maybe a bug.

CQB TRACE has never put red squares only on enemy occupied space. It may have been specifically scripted into a mission to work that way if so. It would be a nice addition in the future however.

ALiVE Team -

Trying to signup for ALIVE forums and i cant seem to get verification email.  Confirmed email and spam folder with no luck.  Registering again cannot happen due to use of ID + email.  Any ideas?

My Account UID = JCae2798

Thanks

Hello,

I want to save my dedicated MP mission progress with ALiVE features. I could connect to War Room and everything looks fine. I just want to know, for christ sake, how to load my saved mission progress? I logged in as admin, then selected Save & Exit in my mission.

Then I turned off my server. What's the next step to load everything again?

Hello,

I want to save my dedicated MP mission progress with ALiVE features. I could connect to War Room and everything looks fine. I just want to know, for christ sake, how to load my saved mission progress? I logged in as admin, then selected Save & Exit in my mission.

If you saved correctly, then just load the mission back up and it should have you start at the same point that you saved.  It's that simple if you saved.

Hello,

Depends if you setup the mission correctly.  If so there isnt a LOAD option.  How it works is when you reload the same missions, it pulls the saved data from WARROOM and loads all the data that way.  The game itself is not loading a saved game file like in some missions or SP.  But its important that the missions was setup correctly to save this data.

ALiVE Team -

Trying to signup for ALIVE forums and i cant seem to get verification email.  Confirmed email and spam folder with no luck.  Registering again cannot happen due to use of ID + email.  Any ideas?

My Account UID = JCae2798

Thanks

No users of that ID on War Room.

I just want to request a map for indexing here: Chernarus Winter

Since it is basically the same as the normal Chernarus, that should not be that hard? 
Would be cool to have some cool alive gaming in this winter season. Would that be possible?

Many Greetings
Moony

I just want to request a map for indexing here: Chernarus Winter

Since it is basically the same as the normal Chernarus, that should not be that hard? 

Would be cool to have some cool alive gaming in this winter season. Would that be possible?

Many Greetings

Moony

Added to the list

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my JIP  players seeing tasks outside of the combat tablet.

When users load up for the first time they get the message saying that their profile has been downloaded from the war room they can see the logs, sitreps tasks etc before anything happens. If they come in after a task has been generated they wont see tasks. If they leave and come back they wont see any of the logs, sitreps, tasks etc. Is there a setting i am missing in a module or the description/init files.

Users are being bought back to where they disconnected from with their loadouts and war room is capturing data. It looks like the JIP is my only issue.

Thanks.

Yea it seems the Advanced markers dont load when disconnect/reconnect.  However on mission load the icons do end up showing up.  SO they arent truly gone.  Just hidden on JIP i guess.  This was duplicated on Dedi Server.  Regualr markers seemed to work OK for me though when dis/re-connect....So if needed i usually place both as a workaround.

And another terrain I'd like to see indexed is the small island Boscaada

(So but I think thats it for now! xD)

Those experiencing JIP marker / tasks issues can you provide your server's RPT file and alive_date.log (found in @aliveserver folder)?

@Moon_chilD - request added

Hmm would be cool if you could kick inactive clans out of the warroom (pause/disable them). I saw several clans that are inactive since years. Its crowded ;) Perhaps also a region zoom would be cool to see only e.g. german clans ;)

Hey  guys, had questions about the profiles and civilian placements.

Do the # of civilians affect the virtual profile limit?  Or are the two separate? If it does, i assume 1 Civilian = 1 virtual profile...?

Also i read from the wiki; "Any remaining virtual groups above the limit will be moved outside of spawn range."  So if i am reading this correctly, if i have a limit of 10 profiles, and i have 10 groups currently loaded, any profiles within my (let's say) 1.0 KM radius, gets moved out of that?  So if a town had 15 profiles, 5 of those get teleported out and wont return?  I guess i always thought that only that # of groups would be loaded and the others suspended until the number changes from deaths.  It kinda makes sense though if this is the case...

Thanks

Those experiencing JIP marker / tasks issues can you provide your server's RPT file and alive_date.log (found in @aliveserver folder)?

@Moon_chilD - request added

Hey Savage, i grabbed a few from my last few sessions for now since i cant remember example what session it was that it has happened.  Hopefully there's something specific you're looking for.  Otherwise next time i play i'll purposely start/exit/JIP to test and grab that file as well.  Thanks for taking a peek.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yre5sa57txybmpc/Alive%20Reports%20for%20JIP%20Markers.zip?dl=0

Hey  guys, had questions about the profiles and civilian placements.

Do the # of civilians affect the virtual profile limit?  Or are the two separate? If it does, i assume 1 Civilian = 1 virtual profile...?

Also i read from the wiki; "Any remaining virtual groups above the limit will be moved outside of spawn range."  So if i am reading this correctly, if i have a limit of 10 profiles, and i have 10 groups currently loaded, any profiles within my (let's say) 1.0 KM radius, gets moved out of that?  So if a town had 15 profiles, 5 of those get teleported out and wont return?  I guess i always thought that only that # of groups would be loaded and the others suspended until the number changes from deaths.  It kinda makes sense though if this is the case...

Thanks

Civilians have a separate limiter (I believe it's inside the Civilian Population module). When you hit the cap, civilians will simply cease to spawn until you are below the cap once again.

So I think I finally successfully got my dedicated server setup last night. My goal is to link it to the War Room so I can save and resume a perpetual ALiVE mission that I can chip away at over a few weeks. I plan on playing solo but ideally with AI teammates.

Would anyone care to share or recommend any mission files that have all the modules in place (and that's setup for saving to the War Room)?

I tried Operation Landlord last night but it doesn't seem to be set up for AI slots in the select player screen. And I can't tell if that one is set up as a plug-in-and-go kind of mission or if I need to manually place down enemies (etc). Does anyone know offhand if the sample missions or Spyder's custom missions are set up for persistence and War Room saving/resuming?

I realize I could spend some time learning the editor but I've never used it before. Although I plan to, I'd prefer at the beginning to just learn how to play ALiVE instead (like learning the commander tablet, etc).

I apologize in advance but I may cross post this over on the ALiVE forums.

EDIT: Spyder's the man. He made this up for me. Updated Operation Landlord with persistence and AI friendly slots (also recruitable at flagpole): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrw0r3s4zspkesv/Operation%2520Landlord%2520%257c%2520ALiVE%2520.Altis.zip?dl=0

And direct PBO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/snq9dccgscycexg/Operation%2520Landlord%2520%257c%2520ALiVE%2520.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Question please;

1. When loading a mission persistence.   If you have the Installs setup to medium at mission start, does this always load even when loading a persistence mission?  Or is this ignored and loads only the last known locations?

2. If i place custom modules during mission design and set at 50/50 chance of spawning, does this also only work during initial mission load with persistence, or is it possible it will load in future restarts?

Also i dont know if this is a bug?  Or false intelif that's even a thing, but sometimes install shows up in the middle of no where:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1xd6o9w5yjegfy/2015-11-13_00001.jpg?dl=0

Question please;

1. When loading a mission persistence.   If you have the Installs setup to medium at mission start, does this always load even when loading a persistence mission?  Or is this ignored and loads only the last known locations?

2. If i place custom modules during mission design and set at 50/50 chance of spawning, does this also only work during initial mission load with persistence, or is it possible it will load in future restarts?

Also i dont know if this is a bug?  Or false intelif that's even a thing, but sometimes install shows up in the middle of no where:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1xd6o9w5yjegfy/2015-11-13_00001.jpg?dl=0

That's probably a roadblock ;)