wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

But if you're running a dedicated server off of another PC don't you have to keep that PC running 24/7?  I wish there were some easy to follow instructions on how to do this.

What Spyder said.  Another option if you dont want to save/exit is putting the PC in Sleep mode after you disconnect from your playing PC.  When you resume the PC, the mission will still be running and i havent seen any major affects from this.  But when save/exit, there really is no need to go into sleep other then maybe speed of loading up again...

I know at first it was a bit confusing, so if you need help i'll try to help out.  Hit me up via PM

• Like 2

In order to save a server, all you need is access to the admin slot. From there you can click "Server Save and Exit" in the pause screen in order to initiate the save. Running a local dedicated server is perfect for this, no need for a full time dedicated server to run persistent missions. Instructions for setting up a server and connecting it to the ALiVE Warroom can be found at the following links

Setting up an Arma server (utilizing TADST server tool): Link

Warroom setup: Link

So, the first video about setting up an Arma server using TADST seems to be simple enough but I noticed that there's another video that claims to instruct me on how to do the same thing but it has about 50 steps involving port forwarding amongst other things that the video you linked me doesn't have.  Do I not need to do any port forwarding?

So, the first video about setting up an Arma server using TADST seems to be simple enough but I noticed that there's another video that claims to instruct me on how to do the same thing but it has about 50 steps involving port forwarding amongst other things that the video you linked me doesn't have. Do I not need to do any port forwarding?

Honestly not sure if port forwarding is still needed to join games. It would probably be a good idea to do it just to be safe.

What Spyder said.  Another option if you dont want to save/exit is putting the PC in Sleep mode after you disconnect from your playing PC.  When you resume the PC, the mission will still be running and i havent seen any major affects from this.  But when save/exit, there really is no need to go into sleep other then maybe speed of loading up again...

I know at first it was a bit confusing, so if you need help i'll try to help out.  Hit me up via PM

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Hello,

is there a way to change the default vanilla static weapon which is used in Roadblocks ?

Hello,

is there a way to change the default vanilla static weapon which is used in Roadblocks ?

No, we use custom compositions for roadblocks. We are looking at how to support community custom compositions

I have a question.

Lately we often play with IEDs but we have one problem: The little mini/guessing game that sometimes appears (the one with the red or blue wire) is really "annoying". Its basically a guessing game with a 50/50 chance of having luck. Luck can really destroy a whole mission. Our EOD is annoyed of this mini game since there are no small autonomous vehicles to disarm these. (Yes there is the thalon from the EODs mod but this is a 350mb mod just for a UGV at the moment)

Is there ANY way to get rid of this guessing thing?

Many Greetings

Moony

ALiVE / RHS mod bug that is actually game breaking

At first I thought this is not a bug, but something I am doing wrong. I have open discussion on ALiVE forum regarding this problem, and till this moment this bug was re-created with ease once (by spyderblack723 http://alivemod.com/forum/1471-blu-g-f-spawning-based-on-aaf
So, to check on this bug:

- Place all needed modules to run ALiVE (its 2-3)
- Place AI Commander, make it BLUE REBEL
- Place Mil. Spawn (custom spawn) module, and ask it to spawn BLU_G_F (FIA).
Aaand you will get AAF based insurgents (RHS Insurgents) with AKs. If you make Mil. Spawn module on marker, like town or something.. you'll get 50% of FIA and 50% of Insurgents. And, if Indep. is made hostile to everyone, they will start fighting led by the same Commander.

The problem is, there is no way to spawn BLU FIA (RED FIA works fine). It just dont spawn on your request. It is still possible that module will spawn you FIA but as far as my test result it is 2/13 possibility.

Aaaand one more stupid thing. Modules do not spawn RHS_Insurgetns on request. I thought I will on purpose ask BLU REB commander to spawn me RHS Insurgents, since if it is the only thing it is giving me. So he said fuck you, you get one squad of CSAT and one squad of BLU FIA.

Update: re-downloading RHS or ALiVE doesn't help.

FYI:  http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=1331

I have a question.

Lately we often play with IEDs but we have one problem: The little mini/guessing game that sometimes appears (the one with the red or blue wire) is really "annoying". Its basically a guessing game with a 50/50 chance of having luck. Luck can really destroy a whole mission. Our EOD is annoyed of this mini game since there are no small autonomous vehicles to disarm these. (Yes there is the thalon from the EODs mod but this is a 350mb mod just for a UGV at the moment)

Is there ANY way to get rid of this guessing thing?

Many Greetings

Moony

Then counter det these ones. Not every ied should be defused, blowing them up is safer.

Then counter det these ones. Not every ied should be defused, blowing them up is safer.

Thats true but the problem is: We tried that and it rearly works. Shooting on it takes ages (Tested with Spmg) and explosive charges rearly work too! ^^

I have tested the BWMod in combination with ALiVE and it seems to work fine. However it is not listed as compatible in http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions. Am I missing something that makes these two mods not  work together?

If you can provide working faction names then they can be added to the wiki. That list is only comprised of known and tested factions.

Question about headless clients.  Can they connect mid mission and have ALIVE use it?  Or does it have to be connected from the start of mission?  I ask because i have HC crash at times when my laptop goes to sleep.

Thanks!

I have tested the BWMod in combination with ALiVE and it seems to work fine. However it is not listed as compatible in http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions. Am I missing something that makes these two mods not  work together?

You tested it and saw groups spawning OK?  (inf, motor, armor, etc?)  Got a report of only helis spawning using BWMod

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161492-bwmod/page-32#entry2933262

ah nevermind saw your post in the BWMod thread

You tested it and saw groups spawning OK?  (inf, motor, armor, etc?)  Got a report of only helis spawning using BWMod

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/161492-bwmod/page-32#entry2933262

ah nevermind saw your post in the BWMod thread

I will write nevertheless this here.

ALiVE and BWMod work "fine" using the CQB module (the one I usually use in my missions). I say "fine" because Fernspäher infantry is spawned alongside regular units and you also may even get infantry units with both Fleck- and Tropentarn in the same squad. Since that report from autigergrad in the BWMod forum I investigated further and the two are incompatible when using Mil. Placement modules since there are no groups defined. 

Apologies @Autigergrad and to the rest of the community if my previous caused a misunderstanding. Until now I had no idea these two modules worked differently... 

When i set a CQB modul with taor marker over a city, why the TRACE option overlays over the hole map? Is it possible to mark only the taor area? I just want e.g. an insurgency in a specific area and mark it. I also builded this over a year ago with an older alive version and the red color differs on how many enemys are there. Is this gone?

For the first test i placed taor over the ghost hotel complex. cqb to mil-c to aicom. the most ai is spawned south of the houses near the beach and completly ignore the hotel and most of the houses (not meaning the patrol ones - Probability)

Does anyone know if Bornholm is indexed now btw?

It was not working last time I tried, which was in may or something I think.

Last time I tried I waited 10 years and never loaded my mission.

Is it possible to "port over" the indexing for Fall Chernaus and Summer Chernaus to that new winter Chernaus map now available?

Don't even know if that's possible but I thought I would ask.

When i set a CQB modul with taor marker over a city, why the TRACE option overlays over the hole map? Is it possible to mark only the taor area? I just want e.g. an insurgency in a specific area and mark it. I also builded this over a year ago with an older alive version and the red color differs on how many enemys are there. Is this gone?

For the first test i placed taor over the ghost hotel complex. cqb to mil-c to aicom. the most ai is spawned south of the houses near the beach and completly ignore the hotel and most of the houses (not meaning the patrol ones - Probability)

TRACE system covers the entire map I don't believe you can limit it to a specific TAOR.  For your test try maxing out the CQB numbers and see if they spawn where you want.  Might also be an issue with the hotel and spawning AI inside.. but not really sure.

Perhaps there was an update to Bornholm recently?  This usually breaks the ALiVE indexing.  That map has always been a problem for indexing...not sure why perhaps Fritz or Arjay can answer better.

Can someone provide me a mission for iron front,i tried to make one but only the russians spawn and i have no clue what im doing wrong :(

Can someone provide me a mission for iron front,i tried to make one but only the russians spawn and i have no clue what im doing wrong :(

There is one here called "The Grind" by Gunny

http://alivemod.com/missions

It's outdated though - which means you'll have to open the mission in the editor, mark down the ALiVE modules and their settings, delete and replace all ALiVE modules.