wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hey guys,

since my group and I are recently play often on Reshmaan we play around with the IED module lately. Took me some time to have this running correctly. Anyway, the only thing I can't seem to get working is, being able to defuse the IEDs with ACE.
This can have two reasons: 1. I'm very stupid and doing something wrong. 2. This is just not working with alive.

Could anybody tell me whether its 1 or 2?

Many Greetings
Moony

IED's are not configured to work with ACE.... just use your mouse wheel context menu

Ohhh sad...any idea if thats planed or not?

But wait...I haven't tried to use the mouse wheel menu? Wow...I'm getting a bit to much used to ACE I guess! xD

Ohhh sad...any idea if thats planed or not?

But wait...I haven't tried to use the mouse wheel menu? Wow...I'm getting a bit to much used to ACE I guess! xD

Further ACE integration is planned (been getting playing around with adding the ALiVE menu to the ACE self interraction system) but nothing is set in stone.

I think I know how to make it work with ACE though.

Is it possible for players to influence the Assymetric AI's standing in an area? What I mean is, can players play as augments to the assymetric AI, so if they're on the same side, does shooting up local honchos or killing civilians increase the hostility level and thus intensify the insurgency or is this something that is only done on the AI side?

Is it possible for players to influence the Assymetric AI's standing in an area? What I mean is, can players play as augments to the assymetric AI, so if they're on the same side, does shooting up local honchos or killing civilians increase the hostility level and thus intensify the insurgency or is this something that is only done on the AI side?

Since it works that way for players on the security forces' side, I think it would be similar if the player was on the asymmetric side.

I've been having an extremely hard time trying to get a mission of mine working.  I went from Mods to mostly vanilla with still little luck.

Idea:

Created mission with NATO starting out in one zone (Custom obj.) in altis on the northwestern airfield.  The goal is then to select objectives of other mil bases throughout the map on the western side.  This is setup with Assymetric OPF_G_F.

Problem i am having is the following:

Starting out i have OPCOM and AI moving toward the objectives, but 30 min in or so it seems the reinforcements stop and AI profiles stop moving throughout the map or is very rare.  Could the problem be i have it setup as Occupation instead of Invasion?  I doubt this is it... I even changed the force pool to unlimited with no luck...

Also how does the editor mission changes affect persistence?   Will the existing data load, but the modules now work with new settings instead?  For example if i changed it from Occupation to Invasion? 

EDIT::

Maybe my issue is the # of units i'm listing via the custom obj module?  About 18 groups total?  Is that not enough maybe?  Do reinforcements not exceed this set amount?

I've been having an extremely hard time trying to get a mission of mine working. I went from Mods to mostly vanilla with still little luck.

Idea:

Created mission with NATO starting out in one zone (Custom obj.) in altis on the northwestern airfield. The goal is then to select objectives of other mil bases throughout the map on the western side. This is setup with Assymetric OPF_G_F.

Problem i am having is the following:

Starting out i have OPCOM and AI moving toward the objectives, but 30 min in or so it seems the reinforcements stop and AI profiles stop moving throughout the map or is very rare. Could the problem be i have it setup as Occupation instead of Invasion? I doubt this is it... I even changed the force pool to unlimited with no luck...

Also how does the editor mission changes affect persistence? Will the existing data load, but the modules now work with new settings instead? For example if i changed it from Occupation to Invasion?

EDIT::

Maybe my issue is the # of units i'm listing via the custom obj module? About 18 groups total? Is that not enough maybe? Do reinforcements not exceed this set amount?

1. Who's reinforcements stopped? (Asymmetric commander can only reinforce through civs. No civs on map = no one to join insurgency.

2. Are blufor the asymmetric force or opfor? (Asymmetric is for insurgents or rebels and works on civ obj if I'm not mistaken. Ie houses, oil fields etc)

3. Maybe they hold all the objectives and have no need to move. If you have a NATO force occupational on mil obj and a opfor asymmetric looking for civ obj maybe they just don't meet as they are not fighting over the same objectives.

1. NATO (Occupying force)

2. OPFOR

3. When i check Intel i see multiple objects still UN-occupied and pending.

I did recently test by upping the numbers of units in the Custom OBJ. and this seems to be working better now.  However i guess still confused about how objectives are taken and secured.  I see they move to locations, capture it, but then later on no longer holding the sectors (Mil obj.).

Thanks for the reply

Question, is their a script command that lets me switch the operation of Opcom? I.E going from invasion mode to occupation, and such? If not, is their a work around I could do to mimic that effect?

Battle Casualty Replacements are not Reinforcements. The AI Commanders will only replenish dead groups using the Logistics chain. This is a very important concept to understand! If your mission starts with 18 groups, the AI Comd will eventually run out of groups to secure objectives. The only person who can influence this is the player by requesting Reinforcements (actual new groups) using the Player Combat Logistics interface (though they come from the same force pool as the AI BCR's). There are various reasons why this is the case: realism, performance, control, gameplay etc. You can override the behaviour using script to spawn in reinforcements - see the scrip snippets page on our wiki for some ideas.

The only real difference between Occupation and Invasion is the number of groups the AI Comd leaves to defend objectives. Not sure if there's a way to change it on the fly - in theory it should be possible. Would have to ask Highhead.

• Like 1

Found an issue with the pause feature....

When all players leave the server it now pauses the ai from fighting which is great :)

The problem is when using asymmetric the roadblock keep spawning even with the opcom paused.

I think these road blocks are gona be the death of me lol. (I have a deep hatred for them now)

Are there any plans for an option to disable them completely in asymmetric warfare? (At least until we can choose which ones spawn ie just tyres and junk for insurgents)

Please I'm begging lol

Loving the new Interface, much better and the new Control pad for commanders is awesome !

Hey guys?

Is it just me or are technical 50cal. gunners placed by Alive invulnerable?

I am using Leights Opfor pack with RHS and when I place technicals myself in the editor I can shoot the gunner at the back of the car.

But when I let Alive spawn them in via Asymmetric AI Commander they are invulnerable and I have to blow up the whole car with a launcher to defeat it.

Is it something wrong with Alive or RHS/Leights Opfor you think? Because as I said, when I place them manually, they work as they should. It is only when Alive spawns the car.

Edit: Also, why the F can't I change my forum name? I don't want my goddamn email there.

Edit 2: Aah now it changed. :)

Hey guys?

I am using Leights Opfor pack with RHS and when I place technicals myself in the editor I can shoot the gunner at the back of the car.

But when I let Alive spawn them in via Asymmetric AI Commander they are invulnerable and I have to blow up the whole car with a launcher to defeat it.

Is it something wrong with Alive or RHS/Leights Opfor you think? Because as I said, when I place them manually, they work as they should. It is only when Alive spawns the car.

Edit: Also, why the F can't I change my forum name? I don't want my goddamn email there.

Pretty sure this due to RHS. I've got the same on my end. I've heard they introduced a new armor system that is incompatible with vanilla and I'm guessing this is what causes it. From my experience, shooting RHS units works fine but when shooting any other unit you must headshot them a couple of times to put them down.

Pretty sure this due to RHS. I've got the same on my end. I've heard they introduced a new armor system that is incompatible with vanilla and I'm guessing this is what causes it. From my experience, shooting RHS units works fine but when shooting any other unit you must headshot them a couple of times to put them down.

But they die and fall off the cars when I have placed them myself.

It is ONLY when ALIVE has spawned them in that they are invulnerable. Yes, totally invulnerable. I have tried shooting the gunner in the face with three mags, there is blood splatter and all. You have to blow up the whole car.

And it is the same with ALIVE-spawned static guns, I noticed today. I had to hit the static gun with several M203 grenades so that the gunner himself abandons the gun, then you can shoot him and he dies accordingly.

But they die and fall off the cars when I have placed them myself.

It is ONLY when ALIVE has spawned them in that they are invulnerable. Yes, totally invulnerable. I have tried shooting the gunner in the face with three mags, there is blood splatter and all. You have to blow up the whole car.

And it is the same with ALIVE-spawned static guns, I noticed today. I had to hit the static gun with several M203 grenades so that the gunner himself abandons the gun, then you can shoot him and he dies accordingly.

I use RHS and Leights opfor ace3 etc and I'm not having problems with the landrovers. We can kill occupants and destroy them as expected. RHS AT4 destroys them instantly.

Make sure you are not using any other weapons other than RHS to kill them unless there is config download available (TF47 launchers optional pho etc) as damage values are different.

As for the ALiVE spawned 50's at road blocks, is it the ones with the semi circle sand bags?

I have this issue if the gunner is firing backward with sandbags behind him his body glitches into the sandbags making him invincible. Think the road block needs edited to move the sandbags forward a couple of feet just so there is no clipping from the ai through them as those guns turn 360 deg and the sandbags are set up for a 180 deg arc.

This has been happening for ages but forgot to report it due to the fact I try not to have roadblocks in my missions.

2 questions please if anyone can answer:

1. Whats the difference in logistics between Reinforcements and Static Defense

2. Anyone having issues with group manager (Personnel) showing black screen?  (tablet only?)

2 questions please if anyone can answer:

1. Whats the difference in logistics between Reinforcements and Static Defense

2. Anyone having issues with group manager (Personnel) showing black screen?  (tablet only?)

1. I believe reinforcements hands the units over to OPCOM for control, and static defense will set them to garrison nearby static weapons and defensive positions

2. Is this happening in MP? If so, are you using a dedicated server or a server setup through going into the "Multiplayer" menu and hitting "New"?

1. I believe reinforcements hands the units over to OPCOM for control, and static defense will set them to garrison nearby static weapons and defensive positions

2. Is this happening in MP? If so, are you using a dedicated server or a server setup through going into the "Multiplayer" menu and hitting "New"?

Hey Spyder, thanks.  Really liking answer #1  :)  Perfect for my mission as i'm taking objectives and using R3F to create static weapons etc...

I'm running dedicated server with 2 HC all running from Laptop, and playing from my PC.