wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Not sure if this has been brought up but in the latest release the civilian modules may be broken.

It insists it requires the old Player Profiles module, which clearly doesn't exist anymore. I have the Alive Data, Alive (Required) and Alive Player Options modules. There is no debug, it doesn't delete / hide blacklist/taor markers nore spawn any units, it exits and stops.

http://imgur.com/a/CXwQW

I have tested it with default civilians too, still says it is missing that old module.

Place down the Virtual AI System module

lol what i get for doing this at 4am, disregard everything i said

Anyone else getting.. a non interac-able Demo charge left on the ground after an IED strike ?

B8GaUkS.png

Anyone else getting.. a non interac-able Demo charge left on the ground after an IED strike ?

B8GaUkS.png

Yup. I was play testing a mission on Sangin and had the same thing happen.

OH... and Cheers !

https://youtu.be/ZlQwvgukCEk

Actually the IED detection is configurable now... In the IED Threat module, the mission maker can select text, audio or none. Default is text, so your mission maker changed it :)

The squawk heard is the IED detection unit detecting an IED.

• Like 1

I have to say Bravo guys.... awesome job. All the little tweaks and improvements.. Wow. IED's seriously good now. Proper looking objects, very good locations... nice work

Had really good fun leading a section on the public tonight around Takistan... Very good work ALiVE!

Please update new islands (Fortieste & Rubina) on Panthera 3.35 released last Thursday. Thank you. If you need any assistance you know where to reach me - skype.

Actually the IED detection is configurable now... In the IED Threat module, the mission maker can select text, audio or none. Default is text, so your mission maker changed it :)

The squawk heard is the IED detection unit detecting an IED.

Another cool thing is that the sound is broadcast globally, so now anyone near the unit carrying the mine detector is alerted to a nearby IED instead of just him.

Yes VERY scary when you're in a big group....

So anyone else getting the random Det Charges left lying around that you cannot pickup ?

ECE8FCCE6D519F0D097FD4847A18C629213BB54C

Yes VERY scary when you're in a big group....

So anyone else getting the random Det Charges left lying around that you cannot pickup ?

ECE8FCCE6D519F0D097FD4847A18C629213BB54C

Yeah.

I see a few small issues with the IEDs.

1. IED still shows when disarmed with no way of removing it. 

2. Cant counter det them at all with ACE3 explosive charge. 

3. With any IED models that are not these type "ALIVE_IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo etc" (i.e vanilla objects/clutter or 3rd party ieds) the C4 block shows and most are indestructible even with vanilla explosives if the C4 block is clipping through the IED and if they explode the C4 block launches off somewhere and cannot be interacted with at all. 

4. VBIEDs disappear when they explode. Anyway to leave the burning wreck? 

A suggestion if I may :)

Now that we can load in our own IED models with your new module can we have an option to disable the C4 block that spawns in with the ALiVE IEDs? Im using EODS models and they already look like IEDs with phones attached and look a bit silly with a C4 block clipping through the middle of them :)

Are all the IEDs pressure plates or are some proxy or radio controlled?

Yeah.

I see a few small issues with the IEDs.

1. IED still shows when disarmed with no way of removing it. 

2. Cant counter det them at all with ACE3 explosive charge. 

3. With any IED models that are not these type "ALIVE_IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo etc" (i.e vanilla objects/clutter or 3rd party ieds) the C4 block shows and most are indestructible even with vanilla explosives if the C4 block is clipping through the IED and if they explode the C4 block launches off somewhere and cannot be interacted with at all. 

4. VBIEDs disappear when they explode. Anyway to leave the burning wreck? 

A suggestion if I may :)

Now that we can load in our own IED models with your new module can we have an option to disable the C4 block that spawns in with the ALiVE IEDs? Im using EODS models and they already look like IEDs with phones attached and look a bit silly with a C4 block clipping through the middle of them :)

Are all the IEDs pressure plates or are some proxy or radio controlled?

Great feedback, thanks guys.

The C4 block should be removed. Will check that issue out - in my testing the C4 block is removed.

1. Would you prefer to delete the IED when disarmed? Add it to the inventory of the player?

2. Which objects could not be destroyed? The IED models or the clutter type objects or both?

3. Will check this issue, in my testing the C4 block only clips on smaller objects and is removed completely when the IED is destroyed

4. Will add this as a feature

All IEDs are proximity based for normal players and pressure plates for engineers/those carrying detection/jamming equipment.

Hello

What means the setting Presistant ? Is that importent fpr SP Mission ?

Thanks !

Great feedback, thanks guys.

The C4 block should be removed. Will check that issue out - in my testing the C4 block is removed.

1. Would you prefer to delete the IED when disarmed? Add it to the inventory of the player?

2. Which objects could not be destroyed? The IED models or the clutter type objects or both?

3. Will check this issue, in my testing the C4 block only clips on smaller objects and is removed completely when the IED is destroyed

4. Will add this as a feature

All IEDs are proximity based for normal players and pressure plates for engineers/those carrying detection/jamming equipment.

1. Im easy with deletion or making it an item that can be picked up. Might run into problems picking them up if we use 3rd party IED models though.

2. With Ace3 explosives nothing is damaged at all. We have to resort to taking vanilla scroll wheel explosives to det them.

3. This might be because of the 3rd party IED models (EODS). As far as I can remember blowing up buckets and tyres IEDs etc did explode. Maybe an optional disable C4 spawning option would fix this so you guys dont have to fix every IED model out there? Not sure.

4. Sweet

Yeah im just not a fan of the standard arma 3 clutter items as IEDs which is why im loving the new module that lets us edit them  :)

PS, do you want pics or class names of the IEDs im using for reference?

Edit.... Just done more testing... Even the ALiVE IEDs (dug in etc) leave a C4 charge when triggered or blown up.

Also most guys in my mission have walked over an IED and received damage to torso only were they should be down and out. 

If we were to pick them up it seems too gamey to add them as "use-able" explosive charges...

What could be more immersive is if by collecting parts of the ied we could in someway piece together more "intel" i.e. a common point of production etc.. conscious that might be a step too far ?

Hello

What means the setting Presistant ? Is that importent fpr SP Mission ?

Thanks !

MP only

OH... and Cheers !

http://youtu.be/ZlQwvgukCEk

Oh, that made me lol

About that multiple IEDs near the roads, i think those are charges placed by Insurgents who have been on an ambush mission and not by the IED module directly!

I will take a look!

Please update new islands (Fortieste & Rubina) on Panthera 3.35 released last Thursday. Thank you. If you need any assistance you know where to reach me - skype.

Thanks Ice! Will do!

Oh, that made me lol

About that multiple IEDs near the roads, i think those are charges placed by Insurgents who have been on an ambush mission and not by the IED module directly!

I will take a look!

They are definitely being left behind when you trigger or counter det an IED.

At first I thought it was just the clutter looking ones but no it's the actual ALiVE urban and dug in models.

I've just updated to latest CBA (was running 2.0) Will check if that makes a difference later to rule it out.

What requirements does ALIVE have for a MAP, for instance - it's keypoints?

I'm fiddling with a map at the moment which is far from done. I've set a few keypoints on the areas that are done, but when setting a simple mission using your "basic" example mission it gets stuck in the loading screen. (It works on other maps, so the mission it self is fine I would guess)

Any advice?

What requirements does ALIVE have for a MAP, for instance - it's keypoints?

I'm fiddling with a map at the moment which is far from done. I've set a few keypoints on the areas that are done, but when setting a simple mission using your "basic" example mission it gets stuck in the loading screen. (It works on other maps, so the mission it self is fine I would guess)

Any advice?

They need to index the map.  Details are found here:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

They also mention the below:

How do I get a community made map to work with the ALiVE modules?

Check if the mod is on the known working maps list

If the map is not on the list you can request it be looked at by a ALiVE dev on the BIF forum post

You can still play on non-indexed maps by placing objectives manually. Custom Objectives, CQB and all the Support modules will work fine. Military and Civilian Placement won't work. The Virtual AI Commander will work if there are sufficient custom objectives manually placed for it to us

I was going to post a question in the past if there is a way for us to index our own maps, but never got around to it....  so asking now  :)

You can still play on non-indexed maps by placing objectives manually. Custom Objectives, CQB and all the Support modules will work fine. Military and Civilian Placement won't work. The Virtual AI Commander will work if there are sufficient custom objectives manually placed for it to us

Thanks!

I cant get it to work though.

-ALIVE (Required) - Works

-ALIVE Player Options - Works

-CQB

-Military placement - Custom Obj

-Virtual AI system

If I put one of these three last ones, it will get stuck on loading.

By custom objectives, you do mean the "military placement (cust. obj.)"  module, right?

EDIT: Going through my RPT file, I get an endless queries with:

"ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System..."

I can't get alive to work on non indexed maps, also getting the: ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System... error, and  this:

"18:34:37 Error in expression <ll ALIVE_fnc_sector;[_sector, "data", [ALIVE_gridData, _sectorID] call ALIVE_fn>
18:34:37   Error position: <ALIVE_gridData, _sectorID] call ALIVE_fn>
18:34:37   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_griddata
18:34:37 File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\fnc_gridImportStaticMapAnalysis.sqf, line 47"

I my rpt file.

Looks like Mil Placement (Custom Objectives) no longer works on unindexed maps. To be honest I'd not tested it for a long time and a lot has changed. CQB, Virtual AI system and Combat Support all work and you need ALiVE (Required) placed for all of them. Some parts of C2ISTAR should work. Clearly without any objectives at all, there's nothing for the AI Commander to do so it won't work.

There was a discussion a while back on the how's and why's of map indexing and why it's only possible for the devs to do this currently - not least because there are no map making standards and it's a very manual task to index them. I dearly wish we could outsource it because it's a dreadfully laborious job! The process dumps a list of all objects on the map, strips out everything that isn't a recognisable building, categorises the remaining buildings in the correct context that they are used by the map maker (this is the hard bit), detects clusters of military or civilian buildings and then generates relevant objectives of different size and priority from those.

I'm not saying you should restrict your map building because I love the work all the map makers do, but merely to illustrate my point: the easiest maps to index use as few building types as possible, use buildings in the context they were intended (e.g. hangar2 as an aircraft hangar at airports, not as an industry building in the middle of a town), and don't mix too many civ and mil buildings types in one place.

Some maps for whatever reason simply won't index, throw up errors or simply CTD. No idea why!