wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hello,I've seen that to join ALiVE War Room we need to add our "Hostname" in the "Create Server" form. But we only have a rented Gameserver service and we don't know its hostname. Is it a mandatory requierement? Will it still work with a fake hostname?

Not mandatory.

Regarding headless client support,

This is my first time attempting to use it.  

ALiVE now has built in HC support.

The TADST dedicated server tool has an area to enable HC support on the module, including IP address for HC.

So, if I'm using both TADST and ALiVE, if I have HC support ticked in both, is the only other thing I need to do is place the Headless module in the editor to enable the Headless Client?

Just making sure there isn't a step I'm missing.  

Awesome update fellas!

Check the wiki. You have to enable the option in the ALiVE (required) module

Check the wiki. You have to enable the option in the ALiVE (required) module

Yup, did that. Tested last night and I did see the HC entity in the selection menu on the server lobby when logged in as admin, so I'm assuming I did it right.

Just checking that I didn't skip a step.  TADST has that box that enables HC automatically on the tool itself and most tutorials I see using and setting up Headless Clients seem to do it from a scripting standpoint and not from using a tool like TADST so I didn't have a guide to go by.

Yup, did that. Tested last night and I did see the HC entity in the selection menu on the server lobby when logged in as admin, so I'm assuming I did it right.

Just checking that I didn't skip a step.  TADST has that box that enables HC automatically on the tool itself and most tutorials I see using and setting up Headless Clients seem to do it from a scripting standpoint and not from using a tool like TADST so I didn't have a guide to go by.

What can I do in my case? I don't have a full dedicated server, just a rented gameserver service. Is there any way I can activate HC too?

Not mandatory.

Thanks, as always! 

What can I do in my case? I don't have a full dedicated server, just a rented gameserver service. Is there any way I can activate HC too?

PS: I'm pretty sure this is not the thread for this but I would apreciate some hint :)

To run an HC you need to basically run another copy of the game - so probably not on a rented gameservice unless they specifically offer that feature.  I would raise it with your provider you never know...

• Like 1

Sorry for bad English, more'll try to help you, it is possible to declare the server.cfg remote clients to connect your mission, you configure a computer to run a client session and connect to the server HC In server.cfg add the IP of the client HC Example: headlessClients [] = {"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", "xxx.xxx.xxx.xx", "xxx.xxx.xxx.xx"} (put the HC IP Client) On the computer HC install Arma 3 Server and create BAT files with the following command line: start "" /wait "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server.exe" -client -connect=Server IP -port=2302 -password=***** -enableSteamLogs -debug_steamapi -name=HC -profile=HC "-mod=@alive;@cba_a3"

Hello,

Now my CAS will not respawn at Base. I dont know why. Have anyone other the same problem ?

Thanks for your nice work

Wanted to report something.

Crew shows even if vehicle crew option is disabled.

http://i.imgur.com/QlRPSL6.jpg

And this error pops up even if vehicle crew setting is disabled too (gunner in rhs hmmv).

Fabulous work on the latest update @Alive team.

We're so pleased to be able to offload all the AI to the Headless Client, great job.

Thanks from 3 Commando Brigade.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update!  Love it and thanks for the new maps  :)

• Like 1

The below correct according to latest additions?:

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["Assassination","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","InsurgencyDestroyAssets","InsurgencyPatrol","MilDefence"];

The below correct according to latest additions?:

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["Assassination","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","InsurgencyDestroyAssets","InsurgencyPatrol","MilDefence"];

Yep, that appears to be correct.

• Like 1

Wanted to report something.

Crew shows even if vehicle crew option is disabled.

http://i.imgur.com/QlRPSL6.jpg

And this error pops up even if vehicle crew setting is disabled too (gunner in rhs hmmv).

Thanks - Have raised a bug report and will take a look.

flex242 - will try to repro. It's been working fine during testing.

Linux Dedicated Servers: We found a blocking defect in the linux so plugin. An updated version is available in the standalone zip file in the War Room Server Setup page http://alivemod.com/downloads/@aliveserver.zip

Spyder,

Did you ever get the script to work so we can choose which roadblocks show in asymmetric mode?

Still trying to get the ones that look too military to stop spawning with 2035 static weapons.

Loving the new IED features. They still can't be blown up with ace3 explosive charges though.

I got my headless client working with TADST.  Created a bat file for the HC and now it works great.

If I want to run multiple HCs on the same dedi...do I simply create multiple bat files, place them in the same area, and launch all of them prior to launching the dedi?

Spyder,

Did you ever get the script to work so we can choose which roadblocks show in asymmetric mode?Still trying to get the ones that look too military to stop spawning with 2035 static weapons.

Loving the new IED features. They still can't be blown up with ace3 explosive charges though.

Replacing roadblocks completely won't work currently unless the file that spawns thrm is changed. Same thing goes for replacing the weapons that spawn at them, it could be possible (hacky method) but not without changing the function that spawns them.

When i open the Editor Map with Alive Modules.

I get the errormessage : "NoEntry ´bin\config/CfgVehicles/Alive_sup_combatsupport/combatsupport_respawn/values/Respawn_1.default"

And i get another Message like: "NoEntry ´bin\config/CfgVehicles/Alive_sys_profile/Arguments/debug/Values/Yes.default"

Are you running the Australia map in your mod line? There's some script stuff going on in that map which causes this error. No idea what it is.

Replacing roadblocks completely won't work currently unless the file that spawns thrm is changed. Same thing goes for replacing the weapons that spawn at them, it could be possible (hacky method) but not without changing the function that spawns them.

What about disabling them completely? Would that be easier?

Are you running the Australia map in your mod line? There's some script stuff going on in that map which causes this error. No idea what it is.

No.

there is AiA Map Pack, RHS, ACE, GL5, Leights OpforPack, JSRS DragonFyre SP-Version, Blastcore A3, and some other small stuffs and objekts.

Thank you

I know this is probably not doable, but going to ask anyways.

Is there anyway to make an objective or have AI chase down an object/vehicle?

For example, if i wanted to have a mobile HQ (like R3F factory), can i make it so AI forces and tries to destroy that?

I know this is probably not doable, but going to ask anyways.

Is there anyway to make an objective or have AI chase down an object/vehicle?

For example, if i wanted to have a mobile HQ (like R3F factory), can i make it so AI forces and tries to destroy that?

You can use this snippet from the wiki http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Add_a_Custom_OPCOM_Objective

(Referring to the cjb_addObjectiveToSides snippet)

It needs to be executed on the server.

It will create an objective for whichever sides you want and in due time, that location will be attacked/defended by each opcom.

I think the best implementation for tying it into the R3F factory would be to add the objective when the vehicle is deployed/stationary and then remove it when it starts moving again.

• Like 1