wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

In the root of your mission folder, create a file named 

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

Inside that file put

player enableFatigue false;

Depending on how your respawn settings you may have to die for it to take affect, just place it in the unit's init line as well to fix that.

Thankyou it  works!!  :)

has anyone been able to run Bon AI recruit script on ALiVE and DS?  If so please decribe how. Thanks!

has anyone been able to run Bon AI recruit script on ALiVE and DS?  If so please decribe how. Thanks!

SPUD

Spyderblack has create a script for alive, you will find it on the alive forums under topic "recruit ai". Im on mye Phone noe so i cant provide a link to github. It vert easy to set up, and it works both on client and dedicated server.

Small testing video for the upcoming 1.0 ALiVE release :)

• Like 4

Yes although I can't recall if I ever tested it on a dedicated server.  There was nothing special in the setup of Bon AI to make it work.  Note this was probably > a year ago.

You can also use Spyder's script as Brawler mentioned:

https://github.com/SpyderBlack723/SpyderRecruitment

Hey. I love the mod, and I'm having a lot of fun with its utilities.

However, I simply can't get the Helo Insertion function to work. I have tried with a lot of different helicopter types, both addon and vanilla - but everytime I choose a point for the helicopter to insert, it just hovers in the air at the height that I've specified.

The text from the AI pilot says to get ready for fast rope and so on, but the helicopter just stays there forever, unless I give it another task.

I have tried on completely flat ground and obstructed ground aswell, and fiddling with the insertion height, but no success at all.

Am I doing something wrong, or maybe missing something? Any help would be appreciated, since I haven't found any decent functioning fast rope method. Even MCC's Fast rope bugs out a lot and kills some of the players mid-way down.

I should add, that I'm focusing on real players as the inserting troops, and not AI units.

Thank you.

Hey. I love the mod, and I'm having a lot of fun with its utilities.

However, I simply can't get the Helo Insertion function to work. I have tried with a lot of different helicopter types, both addon and vanilla - but everytime I choose a point for the helicopter to insert, it just hovers in the air at the height that I've specified.

The text from the AI pilot says to get ready for fast rope and so on, but the helicopter just stays there forever, unless I give it another task.

I have tried on completely flat ground and obstructed ground aswell, and fiddling with the insertion height, but no success at all.

Am I doing something wrong, or maybe missing something? Any help would be appreciated, since I haven't found any decent functioning fast rope method. Even MCC's Fast rope bugs out a lot and kills some of the players mid-way down.

I should add, that I'm focusing on real players as the inserting troops, and not AI units.

Thank you.

I don't know about now but in the past that was there to be able to use a third party fastrope mod/script. At the time there wasn't any fastrope function in Alive. However fastroping has been added, since then, to Arma and may be used in some fashion.

However, I simply can't get the Helo Insertion function to work.

I set the insert height to minimum 2m AGL and jump out, then use the console to instruct the pilot to fly away.

For extractions on land or from swimming in the water I do the same 2m AGL insert command  and climb back on board.

Not sure which other mods support fast roping at this time, possibly AGM.

Hope this helps

I set the insert height to minimum 2m AGL and jump out, then use the console to instruct the pilot to fly away.

For extractions on land or from swimming in the water I do the same 2m AGL insert command  and climb back on board.

Not sure which other mods support fast roping at this time, possibly AGM.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your answer, however it unfortunately didn't help.

I'm looking for the way the get the ropes deployed from the heli, to do a prober fast rope insertion. (as the tasks says it will, in the console under the insertion).

Jumping out of an air vehicle, even just 2 m AGL, isn't really that comforting. A normal landing (eng on) will suffice if I just want to get on the ground, but it states that the insertion tasks will insert the troops in cargo via fast rope, which is what I'm looking for help to get working.

Thanks for your answer, however it unfortunately didn't help.

I'm looking for the way the get the ropes deployed from the heli, to do a prober fast rope insertion. (as the tasks says it will, in the console under the insertion).

Jumping out of an air vehicle, even just 2 m AGL, isn't really that comforting. A normal landing (eng on) will suffice if I just want to get on the ground, but it states that the insertion tasks will insert the troops in cargo via fast rope, which is what I'm looking for help to get working.

You're going to have to use your own fastroping solution ALiVE does'nt provide fastroping, simply a means of getting to a location where you can fastrope.

You're going to have to use your own fastroping solution ALiVE does'nt provide fastroping, simply a means of getting to a location where you can fastrope.

Alright. Thanks a lot.

That was just the clarification I needed.

Small testing video for the upcoming 1.0 ALiVE release :)

Thats fantastic, it's exactly what ive been wanting from Alive! Thanks

WHY... OH WHY...... oh how I do loathe being teased... I appreciate your hard work and eagerly await your release... I refuse to watch your video*... Thanks for the progress update, can barely wait for the download link!! Thanks AGAIN for your hard work!!

edit

* as it would cause drooling and crying for lack of access to the files. :(

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me how to get persistence object saves with R3F logistics?

Im using the fix from the R3F forum post but Im not sure if I have it set up properly lol

/**
 * Passe la variable R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet à objNull pour informer le script "deplacer" d'arrêter de déplacer l'objet
 */

if (R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou) then
{
hintC STR_R3F_LOG_mutex_action_en_cours;
}
else
{
R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = true;
[LOGIC_ALIVE,"updateObject",[_moved_or_created_object]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;
R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet = objNull;
sleep 0.25;

R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = false;
};

With Alive required module named LOGIC_ALIVE

This should be your relacher.sqf

/** * Passe la variable R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet à objNull pour informer le script "deplacer" d'arrêter de déplacer l'objet
 */

if (R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou) then
{
hintC STR_R3F_LOG_mutex_action_en_cours;
}
else
{
R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = true;
    [LOGIC_ALIVE,"updateObject",[R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;
R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet = objNull;
sleep 0.25;

R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = false;
};

You then need to change the name of your ALiVE (Required) module to LOGIC_ALIVE

The name section should be in the upper right of the module when placing it

By the looks of your post it seems you have it setup correctly.

This should be your relacher.sqf

/** * Passe la variable R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet à objNull pour informer le script "deplacer" d'arrêter de déplacer l'objet */if (R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou) then{hintC STR_R3F_LOG_mutex_action_en_cours;}else{R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = true;    [LOGIC_ALIVE,"updateObject",[R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet]] call ALIVE_fnc_logistics;R3F_LOG_joueur_deplace_objet = objNull;sleep 0.25;R3F_LOG_mutex_local_verrou = false;};
You then need to change the name of your ALiVE (Required) module to LOGIC_ALIVE

The name section should be in the upper right of the module when placing it

By the looks of your post it seems you have it setup correctly.

Yeah I thought it was setup proper too.

I'm using r3f object creator and currently to get it to save I need to spawn the item. Drop it with R3F then pick up and place with ALiVE logistics. This is fine for ground level but as u know R3F allows to place anywhere ie on rooftops or on top of other items. Any ideas?

Anyone else having trouble spawning motorized, mechanized and armour with Leights Opfor?

I get weird results like landrovers for mechanized and and zsu's as armour?

I tried changing it to the blufor variant from leights opfor with same results.

Thanks I'll sit tight for your results :)

Can confirm this doesn't work, looks like the roadblock types are currently being defined in the file that spawns them --> no customization for it atm

attempting a mission on Taviana. RHS russians vs players and RHS marines. Unable to get ALiVE to produce any units at all and having issues with civ pop not wanting to work in zone. please help. Not sure where/what am missing.

Thanks.

RHS, ALIVE, Tavi, AIA, RAV lifter, TFAR and CBA. Hopefully you can edit the mission and help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89ozd8zm170xgbe/ALiVE.tavi.pbo?dl=0

The map and spawns work fine with those mods, but your mission crashes when I try and run it. I think you'd get better results if you simplified it massively - one or two Placement modules is usually sufficient per side to do what you need.

The map and spawns work fine with those mods, but your mission crashes when I try and run it. I think you'd get better results if you simplified it massively - one or two Placement modules is usually sufficient per side to do what you need.

Thanks for the check. I guess my main question is....

1. You mention having only 1 or 2 placements modules for entire zone. that seems easily enough. is that the case in general? I am using a few maps with larger zones and just want areas to be covered by AI commander. I remember in early days of ALiVE a mission maker would need to set a module for each zone depending on type, size and amounts. Has is streamlined to only needing 1 or 2 per map? Having ALiVE do the rest?

do you have a specific video i could see?

You'll still need at least one Mil/Civ Placement module per TAOR, but not 10. There are lots of vids around showing how to make ALiVE missions already.

I think i have it. Its the taviana version for A3. Is that indexed? I am having issues w/ ALiVE even starting on this map. I reduced everything, have CSAT spawning in when RHS russians are in modules... not sure but is taviana A3 the problem?

Am still getting the AMBCP error... I have the module set up for TAOR markers but still telling me no civ locations in TAOR marker. Have debug to yes.

Ideas? I have the AMBCP error for 4 different maps.  All set up the same, CP module / population with TAOR marker set.

I think i have it. Its the taviana version for A3. Is that indexed? I am having issues w/ ALiVE even starting on this map. I reduced everything, have CSAT spawning in when RHS russians are in modules... not sure but is taviana A3 the problem?

Am still getting the AMBCP error... I have the module set up for TAOR markers but still telling me no civ locations in TAOR marker. Have debug to yes.

Idea'? I have the AMBCP error for 4 different maps.  All set up the same, CP module / population with TAOR marker set.

The wiki says the Arma 2 version is indexed. As for AMBCP, leave the TAOR and Blacklist sections blank and turn on debug (for civ placement module), all civ clusters will have a circle over them. Your TAOR marker will have to cover atleast one of those circles.

Dear Alive team,

I have to questions.

1. How do I set spawned alive civilians skill to 0 by default?

2. How do I set X or Y command line on the Init camp to the spawned alive uints?

I'm trying to include a civilian interaction script, for example, I want to put this "0 = [_unit] call Function_Name;" to every spawned civilian.

Any help is apreciated.

Thank you!

Dear Alive team,I have to questions.1. How do I set spawned alive civilians skill to 0 by default?2. How do I set X or Y command line on the Init camp to the spawned alive uints?I'm trying to include a civilian interaction script, for example, I want to put this "0 = [_unit] call Function_Name;" to every spawned civilian.Any help is apreciated.Thank you!

You can use this snippet to add inits to spawned units

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Adding_Custom_Inits_to_Spawned_Units

Just make sure to do a check inside the called script to make sure the unit is a civilian before adding the code that calls the interaction script.

ex.

Description.ext

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
class Man {
init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";
};
};

my_script.sqf

params ["_unit"];

if (side _unit == civilian) then {
// Call civilian interaction init
};