wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is there a sneak peak of what to expect in the new update due? Can't wait to see new changes to symmetrical commander.

I have a suggestion though regarding this game mode......

Any way we can get the good affects of wiping out HQ, IED factories and roadblocks etc by just lifting the equipment, ammoboxes and barricades etc with out having to level everything with explosives?

I feel blowing up civs houses just to get rid of some furniture is a bit extreme in my hearts and minds missions :)

Not at the moment :( , the building must be destroyed in order for the installation to be removed and cease operation. The next update will be sweet! Check Tupolov's post and then combine that with the long amount of time between releases worth of improvements and fixes.

Is the "ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMJoinObjective" & "ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMjoinNearestGroup" working on dedicated server for both attacking/defending?

Having some issues with:

this addAction ["Select Assault Mission",{[_this select 1,"attacking"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMJoinObjective},[],1,false,true,"","true"];
this addAction ["Join Assault Mission",{[_this select 1,"attacking"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMjoinNearestGroup},[],1,false,true,"","true"];
this addAction ["Select Defending Mission",{[_this select 1,"defending"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMJoinObjective},[],1,false,true,"","true"];
this addAction ["Join Defending Mission",{[_this select 1,"defending"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMjoinNearestGroup},[],1,false,true,"","true"];

Hi Folks,

One more question on helicopters and covered hangars on Stratis... I now have all the hangars "Blacklisted" but the placement module won't populate ANY aircraft... I tried putting down helo pads but they never get populated so I'm guessing the placement module doesnt see them... Is there anyway out of this Catch 22 to get useable helicopters at the airport on Stratis when all I control is the airport ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

I'm sure its been asked 100 times already and I'm just too lazy to go through and look but will Lingor be indexed in the next ALiVE Update? Please say yes! :P

Is the "ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMJoinObjective" & "ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMjoinNearestGroup" working on dedicated server for both attacking/defending?

Having some issues with:

this addAction ["Select Assault Mission",{[_this select 1,"attacking"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMJoinObjective},[],1,false,true,"","true"];

this addAction ["Join Assault Mission",{[_this select 1,"attacking"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMjoinNearestGroup},[],1,false,true,"","true"];

this addAction ["Select Defending Mission",{[_this select 1,"defending"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMJoinObjective},[],1,false,true,"","true"];

this addAction ["Join Defending Mission",{[_this select 1,"defending"] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOMjoinNearestGroup},[],1,false,true,"","true"];

Yes they work on dedicated servers.

What issues are you having? Error messages? Nothing happening? Is there an opcom placed for your side?

I'm sure its been asked 100 times already and I'm just too lazy to go through and look but will Lingor be indexed in the next ALiVE Update? Please say yes!  :P

Probaly won't make it into next update :( ..  there's a large list of map indices on the table for the next release after this one though so hopefully a slew of new maps to play with. Right now Lingor isn't in a final version and it would need indexing with every update if it were to be covered now.

One more question on helicopters and covered hangars on Stratis... I now have all the hangars "Blacklisted" but the placement module won't populate ANY aircraft... I tried putting down helo pads but they never get populated so I'm guessing the placement module doesnt see them... Is there anyway out of this Catch 22 to get useable helicopters at the airport on Stratis when all I control is the airport ???

So, blacklisting the hangars caused no units to spawn on the helipads as well? I wish I could say a knew of a way to make this work .. will need to test some day to see if there is some way around it. Anyone else got ideas?

So.... I just got my server connected to war room and it's saving all my shit except my vehicles. (Note I'm using a vehicle garage spawner script instead of editor placed).

Will it save their pos/cargo if I have them placed in editor from beginning?

Also if I make a few minor changes, ie update ace/ add vics/ add more playable units etc will the persistence still be able to be loaded when I reboot mission or will I lose my mission save etc?

Love the war room by the way. Shits awesome :)

So, blacklisting the hangars caused no units to spawn on the helipads as well? I wish I could say a knew of a way to make this work .. will need to test some day to see if there is some way around it. Anyone else got ideas?

Hi Spyder,

No worries - still just learning the ropes and trying to figure out what's possible and what's not...

Regards,

Scott

So.... I just got my server connected to war room and it's saving all my shit except my vehicles. (Note I'm using a vehicle garage spawner script instead of editor placed).

Will it save their pos/cargo if I have them placed in editor from beginning?

Also if I make a few minor changes, ie update ace/ add vics/ add more playable units etc will the persistence still be able to be loaded when I reboot mission or will I lose my mission save etc?

Love the war room by the way. Shits awesome :)

Thank you.

It should save the position and state of vehicles both active and profiled. I suspect the spawner script might be interfering here, can you check spawner vs editor placed?

Position and cargo are saved.

If you add something to your mission it will be added. If you remove something that has been stored, it will be restored. If you change something that has been stored, the change won't be implemented. Your mission will be restored as normal.

Hi Folks,

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

You should be able to manually place helos (in the editor) and sync them to the AI Commander module.

Hi Savage,

Ahh - thanks so much - I didn't know you could hand place units and then synch them... I'll give it a shot...

:)

Regards,
Scott

Thank you.

It should save the position and state of vehicles both active and profiled. I suspect the spawner script might be interfering here, can you check spawner vs editor placed?

Position and cargo are saved.

If you add something to your mission it will be added. If you remove something that has been stored, it will be restored. If you change something that has been stored, the change won't be implemented. Your mission will be restored as normal.

I added 2 mraps and 2 hummers to my mission but the save just overrides them and deletes as they weren't there before the save. The mission is only 2 hrs in so I'm not to fussed if I have to restart :)

How do I delete the save by the way in case I go down that route?

Also I tried calling in combat logistics and it is being denied due to there being no insersion point?!

1 more question.....

If I change the amount of units a friendly Ofcom gets in editor will it affect the save also? Bloddy Taliban are like a plague and taking over. Need more battles from the ANA :)

I added 2 mraps and 2 hummers to my mission but the save just overrides them and deletes as they weren't there before the save. The mission is only 2 hrs in so I'm not to fussed if I have to restart :)

How do I delete the save by the way in case I go down that route?

Also I tried calling in combat logistics and it is being denied due to there being no insersion point?!

1 more question.....

If I change the amount of units a friendly Ofcom gets in editor will it affect the save also? Bloddy Taliban are like a plague and taking over. Need more battles from the ANA :)

Read the "Editor Notes" section of this page on how to deal with persistence and stats with a mission that has already been started

No insertion point means there is no viable objective to insert the units, start taking more objectives and this should right itself.

Changes to OPCOM settings like amount of units won't take place until the mission is completely restarted (persistence deleted)

Read the "Editor Notes" section of this page on how to deal with persistence and stats with a mission that has already been started

No insertion point means there is no viable objective to insert the units, start taking more objectives and this should right itself.

Changes to OPCOM settings like amount of units won't take place until the mission is completely restarted (persistence deleted)

Thanks.

About the insertion point. How do I take objectives against asymmetric ai? We usually just hunt Taliban and blow up Hqs etc.

My playable units don't have a ai commander. Are they supposed to?

I have an occupational ai patrolling all civ objectives as ANA/bluefor but we as players are USMC/bluefor.

Should my marines be synced with the friendly ai commander?

Thanks.

About the insertion point. How do I take objectives against asymmetric ai? We usually just hunt Taliban and blow up Hqs etc.

My playable units don't have a ai commander. Are they supposed to?

I have an occupational ai patrolling all civ objectives as ANA/bluefor but we as players are USMC/bluefor.

Should my marines be synced with the friendly ai commander?

You take objectives by doing just that. Go through areas and eliminate all enemies and essentially have more friendlies in the area than enemies.

Now that you mention that you don't have an OPCOM for your faction specifically, try doing that. Either switch a player unit to the friendly faction that does have an OPCOM controlling it or set an OPCOM to control your faction. If I remember correctly you need to be apart of a faction that has an OPCOM controlling it. The OPCOM must also have a Military Logistics module synced to it if it doesn't already since Player Combat Logistics is simply an interface into that system. 

See if that fixes it, if not.. you probably just need to have an objective to insert the units to :)

Yes they work on dedicated servers.

What issues are you having? Error messages? Nothing happening? Is there an opcom placed for your side?

Sorry should have probably mentioned the problems.  Well it seems 90% of time asking for a mission states no missions available.  The other option to join the fight, i get stuck in the back teleport screen.  Out of 4 times, it only worked once (different missions).  So not clear on what exactly the issue is.  Have not tried looking at the rpt file for clues so i guess i will try that next.

Thanks for confirming though

Hi again guys, having a problem with mission persistence for a campaign we are running. Seems the server save and exit works, but when we restart the server and the mission starts back up, everything has reset, including profiles.

Here's what I've know/done/tried so far:

We do persistent ALiVE's every month and am using the same framework from a working mission.

Checked the alive and AliveServer mod are up-to-date

Checked the alive cfg is up-to-date (it is the game directory)

Checked stats are recording to the war room

When doing Server Save and Exit, it works fully, telling me it has saved

Checked the ALiVE War Room has the up-to-date IP, server name and hostname

Can't figure out for the life of me why it's not working, hopefully you guys can  :wacko:

Here's the server RPT file from server save and exiting (sorry about the download, trying to paste it into pastebin caused the window to crash):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2YvcsQ9lxhsemhiN0J0SWVlbGM/view?usp=sharing

@spyderblack723

Dude that tablet is freaking awesome!!  We need to get more exposure out to the community.  Great job on it so far!  Hope to see it part of ALIVE in future updates. Thanks for sharing   :)

@spyderblack723

Dude that tablet is freaking awesome!!  We need to get more exposure out to the community.  Great job on it so far!  Hope to see it part of ALIVE in future updates. Thanks for sharing   :)

I think you will be pleased in the future.

As for your above issue, is there a Military AI Commander module (with synced placement module) for your faction (ie. same faction as the unit you are requesting it with)?

I think you will be pleased in the future.

As for your above issue, is there a Military AI Commander module (with synced placement module) for your faction (ie. same faction as the unit you are requesting it with)?

Yes sir.  Actually the missions were from the sample library. Land Lord and Insurgency.  I did make some tweaks but the main design and synced modules were pretty much left alone.

Yes sir.  Actually the missions were from the sample library. Land Lord and Insurgency.  I did make some tweaks but the main design and synced modules were pretty much left alone.

I'll check them out and see if I can repro tomorrow

I'm messing with the combat Logistics support module - not something we usually use. Is it possible to white list what appears as available to drop ?

Can I select which vehicle is used to manage the logistics ? I.e. one of our own choppers instead of the vanilla ones ?

Thanks for any advice..

So is there a medic script that works with alive? I have tried farooqs and it seems to not let it load properly. Also, I am having issues with opcoms loading in enemy ai in to friendly opcom area. The zones are kinda of close and I have blacklisted the zone that keeps getting ei. I have spaced them as best I can. Anything else I can do? I guess may be desync that module from the enemy opcom? Thanks

Cheers Friz.... will check it out when I'm back from walking the baby.... :@(

Hmm, having trouble getting this to work.

Have created an SQF called staticData.sqf as below (adjusted BluFor Vehicles to what I want)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Function file for ARMA3
// Created by: spyderblack723 Edited for 3CB by Serjames
// Reference http://pastebin.com/9TAx1y0G
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

/*
 * Mil logistics convoy transport vehicles per faction
 */

ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "OPF_F", ["O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "OPF_G_F", ["O_G_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "IND_F", ["I_Truck_02_covered_F","I_Truck_02_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "BLU_F", ["UK3CB_BAF_Coyote_Passenger_L134A1_D","UK3CB_BAF_Coyote_Passenger_L111A1_D"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "BLU_G_F", ["B_G_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "CIV_F", ["C_Van_01_transport_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
 * Mil logistics air transport vehicles per faction
 */

ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "OPF_F", ["O_Heli_Attack_02_F","O_Heli_Light_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "OPF_G_F", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "IND_F", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "BLU_F", ["UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396","UK3CB_BAF_Merlin_RAF_ZJ124","DEGA_BAF_CH47F_M134_M240"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "BLU_G_F", ["I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_F"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "CIV_F", []] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

have then added 

// ALiVE Vehicle Whitelist
call compile preprocessFile "staticData.sqf";

to the Init file

Still drops my Marines from Ghost-hawks though ? Any advice