wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Great work and thanks. I've set up many battles but the ai commander does not send many forces to invade constantly. Can you give me tips on how to have constant waves of ai attacking different bases/towns. Thanks

I have a question that maybe better served in mission editing but is specific to this, how might i apply the code below to work on all spawned Opfor during an Alive mission.

{
	if ((side _x == EAST) && (vehicle _x == _x)) then {
		_x unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
		_x  addGoggles "Mask_M50";
	}
} forEach allUnits;

I have a question that maybe better served in mission editing but is specific to this, how might i apply the code below to work on all spawned Opfor during an Alive mission.

{
	if ((side _x == EAST) && (vehicle _x == _x)) then {
		_x unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
		_x  addGoggles "Mask_M50";
	}
} forEach allUnits;

You can use this snippet

description.ext:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
 class Man {
  init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";
 };
};

in my_script.sqf you would then use an altered version of your code

params ["_unit"];

if ((side _unit == EAST) && (vehicle _unit == _unit)) then {
 _unit unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
 _unit addGoggles "Mask_M50";
};

It's important to note that the units must be CBA XEH compatible for this to work (most units are but some out of date mods such as CAF and Leights Opfor have issues --  which can be fixed). Excuse any scripting errors I may have accidentally created, coding on phone is hard ;)

Hi, I'm having troubles with the multirespawn module. I've placed a marker named "respawn_west" and placed the module inside the editor. Still doesn't get "respawned" when getting killed. 

Checked the wiki and other posts, saying some kind of scripts or ACE3 might work... Honestly, I prefer using Alive modules but... Anyway, any help would be appreciated. 

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWNBUILDING_%FACTION%      Do I just paste it in the marker as name of do I need to change it to something?

Placed Only "respawn=3" in description.exp. Any altering?

Thanks

These RPT errors are troubling:

"param" <> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_dataInit> #0: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value [] is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_logisticsInit> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_aiSkillInit> #4: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value [] is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_profileSystemInit> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_MPInit> #0: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value [] is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_CPInit> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.

It looks like the mod is not loading correctly for some reason... these errors mean major problems.  Try deleting it from your server and re-downloading from the ALiVE website or Armaholic (ie: don't use PWS).

edit: perhaps the mission needs to be updated?  see this post:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168338-a3coop-32-alive-takistan-natofor/page-16#entry2904488

You could try opening the mission in the editor, note each module settings, delete all ALiVE modules and replace.

Ok we edited the mission and replaced all moduls, set all moduls new! But we still get very few CPs and tons of error logs.

Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.

e.g. "param" <ALiVE_fnc_AMBCPInit> #2: Input valu....   i cant find this param!?

Can someone take a look at the mission? already edited by us:  http://ul.to/ovzd1fts

we use:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@task_force_radio;@RHUSF;@RHAFRF;@ALiVE;@ace;@LeightsOfpor;

we are new to alive and we dont know how to find old params used for .. ?! I searched in alive wiki and didnt find this param.

Hi, I'm having troubles with the multirespawn module. I've placed a marker named "respawn_west" and placed the module inside the editor. Still doesn't get "respawned" when getting killed. 

Checked the wiki and other posts, saying some kind of scripts or ACE3 might work... Honestly, I prefer using Alive modules but... Anyway, any help would be appreciated. 

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWNBUILDING_%FACTION%      Do I just paste it in the marker as name of do I need to change it to something?

Placed Only "respawn=3" in description.exp. Any altering?

Thanks

Do you still get to a spectating screen? I haven't used the Multispawn module much but I can remember having to hit (space or enter.. or some other button) to actually spawn in.

Do you still get to a spectating screen? I haven't used the Multispawn module once but I can remember having to hit (space or enter.. or some other button) to actually spawn in.

When getting killed, black screen with "respawning now" pops up. after 2-3 seconds, spectator mode!

Man, that Mogadishu map plus Massi's African Conflict mod plus ALiVE will be so freaking sweet.

• Like 1

When i'm using the arma 3 alive multispawn module in spawn on squad, after 13 spawns in lags up to half a hour to respawn on a ai team. Is this a bug? How can i overcome this or will i have to use another 3rd party script to spawn on my squad?

Great work and thanks. I've set up many battles but the ai commander does not send many forces to invade constantly. Can you give me tips on how to have constant waves of ai attacking different bases/towns. Thanks

Can you provide more info?  You have the AI Commander modules placed and Military Logistics module synced to the commander module?  Make sure the commander module is set to Invasion rather than Occupation.

Ok we edited the mission and replaced all moduls, set all moduls new! But we still get very few CPs and tons of error logs.

Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.

e.g. "param" <ALiVE_fnc_AMBCPInit> #2: Input valu....   i cant find this param!?

Can someone take a look at the mission? already edited by us:  http://ul.to/ovzd1fts

we use:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@task_force_radio;@RHUSF;@RHAFRF;@ALiVE;@ace;@LeightsOfpor;

we are new to alive and we dont know how to find old params used for .. ?! I searched in alive wiki and didnt find this param.

Hi Numrollen can you post your server's RPT file again for us to look at?

Could you add Esseker too?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28815

Yep added to the request list.

Is it possible with ALiVE to currently set AI forces to defend a FOB area and not to move outside the set zone surrounding the FOB?

I'm wanting FOB or Police stations defended by AI whilst our 'human' patrols move out on missions.

Have tried using the AI Commander control type Occupy/Invasion/Insurgency settings without apparent success, the friendly AI keep moving out of the FOBs.

This is a different request to using the BIS defend module which has waves of attackers.

Thanks again for any help.

Is it possible with ALiVE to currently set AI forces to defend a FOB area and not to move outside the set zone surrounding the FOB?

I'm wanting FOB or Police stations defended by AI whilst our 'human' patrols move out on missions.

Have tried using the AI Commander control type Occupy/Invasion/Insurgency settings without apparent success, the friendly AI keep moving out of the FOBs.

This is a different request to using the BIS defend module which has waves of attackers.

Thanks again for any help.

There are a few ways you could do it, each with varying levels of success and difficulty in doing ( some are scripting). There will be a new feature in the upcoming update (hopefully) that will allow you to either stop units from being used by opcom and or manually giving them waypoints (while ingame). This would be a good way to do it once it's in, you would be able to set a cycle waypoint around the area you want defended then take the profiled group away from opcom's control.

In the meantime you could try either removing your sides' opcom so that the units aren't pulled away. Another option might be to put a high priority custom objective on that location and only sync it to your opcom. This way he'll see it as a high priority area that needs to be defended and try to keep groups there.

• Like 1

There are a few ways you could do it........

As always another very fast and great answer to the problem.

Thank you very much  :)

Looking forward to the next release of ALiVE for so many reasons, albeit the current version is brilliant too.

Next release should be in testing this week... of course you can't quote me on that   :ph34r:

• Like 1

This is going to be hard for them to add because the map is in development and not even out of beta status.  Every time the map updates, it will need to get reindexed.

OK thanks for the info we'll delay doing the index until it reaches 1.0