wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Would you guys think of using github for the project like cce3 and cba? Just an idea that way the community can view progress. Report bugs. I seen your using somthing similar but it doesn't look as professional as github. Keep up the work though.

Github is being used it's just not publicly available. DevWithSix was what was being used to allow people to report bugs and view dev progress but it had some times of instability which was what triggered the switch. I'm guessing the repo isn't public since there is a lot of dev-only type stuff being stored in there. I have no clue if there are any plans to make it public at any point, I'll leave that to the important people :)

Github is being used it's just not publicly available. DevWithSix was what was being used to allow people to report bugs and view dev progress but it had some times of instability which was what triggered the switch. I'm guessing the repo isn't public since there is a lot of dev-only type stuff being stored in there. I have no clue if there are any plans to make it public at any point, I'll leave that to the important people :)

Thank you for the reply. If you could bring it up to them about it. I just find my self when nothing is going on to check the ACE3 page to see what they have in plan and whats fixed. IE Pull Requests and Issue tracker. 

There's not much to see on our github repo - we don't use it in the same way as it's not an open source collaboration project (yet). The roadmap and issue tracker on Dev Heaven is still the closest thing we have to a publicly viewable progress tracker.

• Like 1

Are we doing something wrong? The C2ISTAR mission generator is creating missions within our airbase BLUFOR_1 which is blacklisted to OPFOR forces.

The result is enemies are spawning in for created missions behind our lines and causing absolute mayhem.

No enemies spawn in otherwise where they are not wanted as they are blacklisted from this BLUFOR_1 zone, only happens on mission generation it seems.

Even getting new enemy bases/FOB built within our BLUFOR_1 zone for these missions.

Thanks

Witch map are you using?

Altis, using airfield NE corner of map as BLUFOR_1.

Rest of map is OPFOR_1

ok, try to increase the taor on blufor_1, and create a new taor for oppfor_1 so that is covering the rest of the map. And also make some space between the taors. And make sure the taors are either rectangle or elipse, and do not turn them.

ok, try to increase the taor on blufor_1, and create a new taor for oppfor_1 so that is covering the rest of the map. And also make some space between the taors. And make sure the taors are either rectangle or elipse, and do not turn them.

Thanks we will try that

Is there any incompatibility to ace3? We played yesterday and had some strange behaviors.

Nope, they're unrelated so work fine together. The only real conflict is shift-mapclick, which ALiVE uses for Adv Markers and ACE uses for rotating the compass.

Hi Folks,

New to Arma and Alive and rapidly becoming a fan of both...

Question - I setup a test insurgency on a small area of Takistan and was testing when much to my surprise the "Insurgesnts" started to airdrop reinforcements... The village the insurgents are attempting to control is back up a substantial mountain range... It would be much more realistic for reinforcements to work their way down from the mountains than to parachute in... Is there a way to have the reinforcements spawn in the mountain and walk in ?

Question - it seems the Takistan map isn't setup of positioning troops inside the buildings - while the building are enterable - they don't show the various positions I've seen on the inside buildings on other maps when giving move waypoints... Which may be my issue with stationing CQB troops as I never seem to find any inside... Can someone confirm or deny whether CQB is working in the Takistan map ?

Thanks ...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

New to Arma and Alive and rapidly becoming a fan of both...

Question - I setup a test insurgency on a small area of Takistan and was testing when much to my surprise the "Insurgesnts" started to airdrop reinforcements... The village the insurgents are attempting to control is back up a substantial mountain range... It would be much more realistic for reinforcements to work their way down from the mountains than to parachute in... Is there a way to have the reinforcements spawn in the mountain and walk in ?

Question - it seems the Takistan map isn't setup of positioning troops inside the buildings - while the building are enterable - they don't show the various positions I've seen on the inside buildings on other maps when giving move waypoints... Which may be my issue with stationing CQB troops as I never seem to find any inside... Can someone confirm or deny whether CQB is working in the Takistan map ?

Thanks ...

Regards,

Scott

CQB uses house positions to position units. This leads to some units being spawned in outside positions instead of actually inside the house. CQB units can also do short patrols around their spawn area.

As for insurgent reinforcements, are you using the "Asymmetric" mode in the Military AI Commander module? If you select Asymmetric then reinforcements should be disabled via that method (uses Recruitment HQ's instead.. so remove the Military Logistics module). If you don't use the "Asymmetric" option you can change reinforcement insertion possibilities in the Military Logistics module (Disable plane,helicopter reinforcements).

• Like 1

CQB uses house positions to position units. This leads to some units being spawned in outside positions instead of actually inside the house. CQB units can also do short patrols around their spawn area.

As for insurgent reinforcements, are you using the "Asymmetric" mode in the Military AI Commander module? If you select Asymmetric then reinforcements should be disabled via that method (uses Recruitment HQ's instead). If you don't use the "Asymmetric" option you can change reinforcement insertion possibilities in the Military Logistics module (Disable plane,helicopter reinforcements).

Hi...

Thanks for the reponses - I'll doublecheck my settings tonight... I'm pretty sure I had it set to asymmetrical but it was pretty late when I was setting it up...

Regards,

Scott

It's been added to the ever growing list. Like all these maps, we'll wait until it's confirmed to be a stable release so we don't have to repeatedly index it every update.

ok here a report for mission ALiVE Takistan NATOFOR Co-32 (@) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25783

perhaps this help you. We had very low cps (fps was good) with SSD and even ramdisk. This was so low when the first player join, we played with 7people only.

Here the RPT, with 2hours we had 10mb LOG file. :huh: :blink:

https://mega.nz/#!5dMxSJoZ!AmMe7BRubGOOTIHeNdU-5-ee20oOnPc37KKxQuqBi78

here screenshot from asm, only serverfps and cps visible.

alive_ace4oqif.jpg

ok here a report for mission ALiVE Takistan NATOFOR Co-32 (@) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25783

perhaps this help you. We had very low cps (fps was good) with SSD and even ramdisk. This was so low when the first player join, we played with 7people only.

Here the RPT, with 2hours we had 10mb LOG file. :huh: :blink:

https://mega.nz/#!5dMxSJoZ!AmMe7BRubGOOTIHeNdU-5-ee20oOnPc37KKxQuqBi78

These RPT errors are troubling:

"param" <> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value false is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_dataInit> #0: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value [] is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_logisticsInit> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_aiSkillInit> #4: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value [] is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_profileSystemInit> #1: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_MPInit> #0: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value [] is used instead.
"param" <ALiVE_fnc_CPInit> #2: Input value is 'nil' or undefined. Default value any is used instead.

It looks like the mod is not loading correctly for some reason... these errors mean major problems.  Try deleting it from your server and re-downloading from the ALiVE website or Armaholic (ie: don't use PWS).

edit: perhaps the mission needs to be updated?  see this post:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/168338-a3coop-32-alive-takistan-natofor/page-16#entry2904488

You could try opening the mission in the editor, note each module settings, delete all ALiVE modules and replace.

Thx for the tip. Will try to edit the mission. Alive was fresh downloaded ;) Will then try another alive mission to see server performance!

Gentlemen, last time I asked for help you guys help me set up MSO on a dedi. Excellent skypegroup. So its been a while. I've managed to bumble through all alives beautiful updates enjoying the new features with reckless abandon and now insurgency pre-fab.... Like a wet dream. I was tired of rebuilding my insurgency missions and all the meticulous scripts involved that broke every other version til I patched them up like hawkeye bitching about burns and hot lips while performing brain surgery. 

Ok so asymmetrical is good shiz, in your tips it notes that in order to quell the insurgency you must maintain a presence in the towns. I notice in the sample mission there are some fellow blufor but no logistics (reinforce). So once you and your team effectively capture a town, how can you garrison it? Is there any way to configure OPCOM to send backup to defend your work? Is this even needed? Can I script a radio trigger to get my pos, tie it to the objective name and pass a variable to opcom to increase priority or force defense?

Am I supposed to just rely on the fact that an opcom objective was taken and hope opcom tasks units to defend?

Anyhow great work, I hear Lingor is coming along and Im dying for a proper jungle map. I hope this one works as Isla Duala does not spawn hardly any civies. But looking forward to the index. Thanks again gents. 

Gentlemen, last time I asked for help you guys help me set up MSO on a dedi. Excellent skypegroup. So its been a while. I've managed to bumble through all alives beautiful updates enjoying the new features with reckless abandon and now insurgency pre-fab.... Like a wet dream. I was tired of rebuilding my insurgency missions and all the meticulous scripts involved that broke every other version til I patched them up like hawkeye bitching about burns and hot lips while performing brain surgery.

Ok so asymmetrical is good shiz, in your tips it notes that in order to quell the insurgency you must maintain a presence in the towns. I notice in the sample mission there are some fellow blufor but no logistics (reinforce). So once you and your team effectively capture a town, how can you garrison it? Is there any way to configure OPCOM to send backup to defend your work? Is this even needed? Can I script a radio trigger to get my pos, tie it to the objective name and pass a variable to opcom to increase priority or force defense?

Am I supposed to just rely on the fact that an opcom objective was taken and hope opcom tasks units to defend?

Anyhow great work, I hear Lingor is coming along and Im dying for a proper jungle map. I hope this one works as Isla Duala does not spawn hardly any civies. But looking forward to the index. Thanks again gents.

You can add a military logistics module and sync it to the security forces opcom yourself if you wish the mission worked that way. The sample mission, assuming it's the one I made, was mostly supposed to be an example of how you setup the modules for the Asymmetric mode.

As for opcom sending groups to defend captured locations, it will send a group automatically to the objective if there are enough groups available.

Spyder, thank you, it was yours. I ran into an interesting situation. I put a mine detector on my character, went to this location and got a hint that stated I was on top of one. Every once in a while it would give a value, but rare. I never did find a single one. 

iedwtf.jpg

Also I noticed the debug for civs. There is rogue, roguetarget, suicide. I imagine these are identifiers, but I snooped around the suicide never found anyone of interest, looked at the rogues and rogue targets and didnt see anything of interest and blew up an ammo dump also with no updates or indicators. I also searched every body and never found any intel. Does intel exist? Is this gamemode still very much work in progress or should I have been finding much more....? Thanks for any help gents. 

Spyder, thank you, it was yours. I ran into an interesting situation. I put a mine detector on my character, went to this location and got a hint that stated I was on top of one. Every once in a while it would give a value, but rare. I never did find a single one.

iedwtf.jpg

Also I noticed the debug for civs. There is rogue, roguetarget, suicide. I imagine these are identifiers, but I snooped around the suicide never found anyone of interest, looked at the rogues and rogue targets and didnt see anything of interest and blew up an ammo dump also with no updates or indicators. I also searched every body and never found any intel. Does intel exist? Is this gamemode still very much work in progress or should I have been finding much more....? Thanks for any help gents.

The IED situation appears to be a bug, i'll need to do some further testing.

For gathering intel, it is a rare option that sometimes exists on civilians. You can walk up to them, hit "Gather Intel" from the action menu, and it will display any recieved intel on the map. For this option to show up, you will need to select a civilian role type in the civilian population module. If you are using a modded faction for the civilians then you will also need to ensure they are CBA_XEH compatible..

The tags on civilians when debug is turned on are identifiers. It does not mean they are immediately a threat as all it does is add a cycle to their daily schedule that they will go through. If you see a civ marked "Sabotage', and you follow them around long enough, you will find that they will enter a building and plant explosives. Once they get far enough away they will detonate explosives. For other actions such as "Get Weapons","Rogue", etc.. civs will move to nearby weapons depots and gather their weapons before becoming lethal.

You won't recieve any indicators when you destroy an installation. As long as the building is destroyed, the installation is removed.