wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I should think so. Not entirely sure what it needs but I'm sure one of us can figure it out!

i can't seem to understand how enemy spawning works.

I'm using heavily modified version of hazey's insurgency on altis and takistan. Same settings on both maps (basically copied modules)

On altis i can rarely see unarmed ifrits. Some helicopters as well, usually unarmed hellcats. 

But on takistan 4 tanks in small village (and sometimes couple of IFVs as addition) is pretty common.

Why this is happening? 

Hello all, 

In need of some help with the war room.

trying to get a mission up and running with full support, IE info in the war room, stats and everything.

cannot get it working correctly.. the mission runs flawlessly. however, i cannot get any data out of it. 

have checked with the server provider and all the nessesary software is installed. 

am pretty sure that i have all the modules set to persistance (yes). And have the alive Data module on the map with the proper settings.

have triple checked everything.

have the @aliveServer folder on the server and in the launch param's. 

have alive.cfg on my clien in the appdata\local\ALiVE folder that i created. It is unblocked..

see nothing on the website at anytime about my mission starting or any info feed from my mission to the livefeed..

Can someone pull me aside and help me out... Is there an Alive Skype channel or TS?

there are alot of "I's" in this post but be advised i do this not for myself....

mission info

map:HazarKot

OpCom:Asy

persistance: yes

data module: yes

Check the alive.log file and make sure it is actually connecting. It may be trying to connect from a different IP address than the one you entered in the war room.

You will probably get more detailed support for these kind of issues over at the ALiVE mods official forums. http://alivemod.com/forum/

have alive.cfg on my clien in the appdata\local\ALiVE folder that i created. It is unblocked..

Perhaps you could try moving this file to the arma3 folder on your server.

Yes move the alive.cfg to the root of your A3 server folder and make sure your players don't have any special characters in their names as this causes issues with persistence.

If it still fails please post your alive.log either here or as bigpoppablunts mentioned, on the alive forums http://alivemod.com/forum/

ok cool guys, thanks for all the advice!! my weekend is coming up ill dedicate more time to trouble shooting this specific issue then.. I really appreciate it!!

It would appear our servers got flooded today so they got blocked by the provider (around 4x our normal traffic load). They'll be back up soonâ„¢, though possibly not until working hours tomorrow UK time.

ok, so i just spend a few hours messing with cba i figured i would mess with this as well 

:)

ok, so i have moved the alive.cfg to my server. in the ARMA3 folder. 

here is what my alive.log says:

6:37 AM: Starting up ALiVE Plugin
8/19/2015 5:26:37 AM: Reading config file: Username: 6ysypo3o4u7y8ofa8uxemurorusiku5o, Group: =MARSOC=
8/19/2015 5:26:37 AM: Getting your IP: 162.223.8.114
8/19/2015 5:26:38 AM: War Room Authorisation: "true"
8/19/2015 5:26:39 AM: Starting up DB access with the result: {"couchdb":"Welcome","uuid":"a1b347be93a9415a22b58bdc602112ab","version":"1.6.1","vendor":{"version":"12.04","name":"Ubuntu"}}

I am watching the war room now and i don see any thing poping up about my mission, nor have i recieved any stats on my stats page.

my game name has been =LP= for years and i really dont plan on changing it... do you think that the equals signs in my game profile name are a problem?? because that would suck in not changing a name i have been using for well over 5 years in arma.....

ok so ten minutes have passed and i just saw a post stating that my mission has started ... yeay!!!!!! now i have to figure out about my stats..!! Whoo something is actually working.. I did something right!! yeaY me!!!

ok after a few more minutes of playing on the server. I checked my stats on the website and it seems to be working!!! fucking AWESOME!!!

I cannot say think you enough for your hard work on ALiVE!!!!
I cannot wait to see what the next update brings!! Thank You Alive Team!!

Glad it's all working finally!

Thanks again for the awesome MOD!!!!

I do however have another question. This one is about the pausing of the modules when people leave the server and no one is there...

I have added the initserver.sqf to my mission. It seems to work everything pauses.. (I tested it by observing a EI patrol, Logged out, and logged in 5 minutes later.. I spawned in my previous pos, and the EI wer spawned in their previous pos.. as if no time had passed at all. )

My problem is that the Advanced markers i put down (the cntl+mousclick markers) disappeared when i relogged.. 

here is my initserver.sqf:

["someId", "onPlayerConnected", {
if (({isPlayer _x} count playableUnits) > 0 || OPCOM_TOGGLE) then { ["alive_main","alive_sys_profile","alive_amb_civ_population","alive_amb_civ_placement","alive_mil_opcom","alive_mil_placement","alive_civ_placement","alive_mil_ied","alive_mil_cqb","alive_sup_combatsupport","alive_sup_transport","alive_mil_placement_custom","alive_sup_cas","alive_sys_data","alive_sup_artillery","alive_sup_player_resupply","alive_mil_c2istar"] call ALiVE_fnc_unPauseModule; OPCOM_TOGGLE = false; };
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

["someId", "onPlayerDisconnected", {
if ( ({isPlayer _x} count playableUnits) == 0 ) then { ["alive_main","alive_sys_profile","alive_amb_civ_population","alive_amb_civ_placement","alive_mil_opcom","alive_mil_placement","alive_civ_placement","alive_mil_ied","alive_mil_cqb","alive_sup_combatsupport","alive_sup_transport","alive_mil_placement_custom","alive_sup_cas","alive_sys_data","alive_sup_artillery","alive_sup_player_resupply","alive_mil_c2istar"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule; OPCOM_TOGGLE = true; };
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

I am going to test , by removing the ALIVE_Main from the list. and im also going to remove alive_sup_player_resupply. I belive that its the alive_main that may be responsible for not saving the markers. 

i am currently readint eh alive wiki on the subject below. 

I also just realized i had a second question... In this particular mission my player resupp (player combat logistics), is greyed out on my alive menu. how do i get this to actually work. I had it working in the past on other missions. can someone advise??

After reading i realized my mistake, i need to have a friendly force holding a substantial objective, with a Mil Or a Civ placment module and a friendly AI commander.. This mission has neither.. So that explains why it is greyed out in the alive menu. 

Also worth noting that in the next release their will be an option to automatically pause the modules when no players are present in the server, so dont stress yourself out too much over it. Advanced markers shouldn't be disappearing regardless of if the modules are paused, no idea what would be going wrong there though. Edit: Apparently it's a known issue, they are not functioning correctly on dedicated servers (Might be due to a special character?)

I also just realized i had a second question... In this particular mission my player resupp, is greyed out on my alive menu. how do i get this to actually work. I had it working in the past on other missions. can someone advise??

Your Military AI Commander needs to have access to at least one objective and you must sync a Military Logistics module to that Military AI Commander since Player Combat Support works through that system.

This is a good thing to keep in mind as well 

Note: Players must be in the same faction as the Virtual AI Commander and his Military Logistics to be able to call for supplies in the first place. However, it is possible to set the Player Combat Logistics options to call supplies from any factions on the same side.

Not sure about adv markers - wrestling with an issue with them in the dev version at the moment (I didn't realise how much I rely on them until they stopped working!). Player Combat Logistics will be greyed out if you don't have the logistics chain set up to allow resupplies for your side. You need minimum Mil Placement, AI Comd, Mil Log all synced up and then the player combat logistics module so you can ace

ok again , thanks for the speedy replys... 

about the markers. They have worked before.. I have placed them, left the server, and rejoined and the markers were present. but that was before i paused all the modules. 

Ill keep tweeking my initserver.sqf and see what i get

Hi guys, testing out a Russian invasion styled mission on the ArmA 2 map Podagorsk. I left the server running for an hour with the profile speed monitor on 125% and the enemy didn't try to push out of their TAOR to capture the rest of the island, they simply defended what they already had and didn't move. Is there any way I can get them to push to conquer the entire map?

Also, since you guys mentioned the Adv Markers, we can't seem to get them persistent on restart. We do Server Save and Exit however when we start the same mission back up, although persistence works, the markers are all gone. Is this a known issue or just on our end?

Hi guys, testing out a Russian invasion styled mission on the ArmA 2 map Podagorsk. I left the server running for an hour with the profile speed monitor on 125% and the enemy didn't try to push out of their TAOR to capture the rest of the island, they simply defended what they already had and didn't move. Is there any way I can get them to push to conquer the entire map?

Also, since you guys mentioned the Adv Markers, we can't seem to get them persistent on restart. We do Server Save and Exit however when we start the same mission back up, although persistence works, the markers are all gone. Is this a known issue or just on our end?

Make sure the Russian AI Commander module is synced (not grouped) to the other TAOR placement module (the one covering the rest of the map)

IIRC advanced markers not working with persistence is a known issue... will confirm.

• Like 2

Do I need to have another TAOR placement module covering the rest of the map? It's for a joint operation between 3 units so I don't want any BLUFOR AI placement on our side of the island, just players.

Edit: Well you learn something new about ALiVE every day :lol: , I assume you put down the TAOR marker for the other half of the map and put down Military and Civilian placement modules as Objectives only so they don't spawn units. Correct me if I'm wrong, will test tomorrow.

Do I need to have another TAOR placement module covering the rest of the map? It's for a joint operation between 3 units so I don't want any BLUFOR AI placement on our side of the island, just players.

Edit: Well you learn something new about ALiVE every day :lol: , I assume you put down the TAOR marker for the other half of the map and put down Military and Civilian placement modules as Objectives only so they don't spawn units. Correct me if I'm wrong, will test tomorrow.

Regarding your edit, that sounds like what you would need :)

Just tested it, realised it was working when I started taking potshots followed by 2 T72's rolling up the hill ending in my demise, thanks for the help guys.  :)

• Like 2

Im woring on a counter insurgency mission, this will be a sp experience. And is it possible to have a trigger to check when all ALiVE ied has been disarmed? Or do i have to place ied manually?

Im woring on a counter insurgency mission, this will be a sp experience. And is it possible to have a trigger to check when all ALiVE ied has been disarmed? Or do i have to place ied manually?

This should be possible I think since ALiVE generated IED's have their own model. You could do. count ALiVE IED == 0 in the onAct (obv with actual working code) to activate it once they are all gone (hopefully). Will look more into it when I get home.

This should be possible I think since ALiVE generated IED's have their own model. You could do. count ALiVE IED == 0 in the onAct (obv with actual working code) to activate it once they are all gone (hopefully). Will look more into it when I get home.

Thanks, i tried: ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearIED)) > 0); but this didn't work. im a complete noob when it comes to scripts tough.

Thanks, i tried: ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearIED)) > 0); but this didn't work. im a complete noob when it comes to scripts tough.

You could put this in the on activation of the trigger, it will fire when the count of all ALiVE generated IED's is equal to zero.

count (nearestObjects [getPos player, ["ALIVE_IEDUrbanSmall_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDLandSmall_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDUrbanBig_Remote_Ammo","ALIVE_IEDLandBig_Remote_Ammo","Land_JunkPile_F","Land_GarbageContainer_closed_F","Land_GarbageBags_F","Land_Tyres_F","Land_GarbagePallet_F","Land_Basket_F","Land_Sack_F","Land_Sacks_goods_F","Land_Sacks_heap_F","Land_BarrelTrash_F"], -1]) == 0;

Edit: I just remembered that ALiVE generates it's IED"s when you enter the area.. so this probably wouldn't be feasible :(