wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Civilians marked as rogue or suicide will not actually have weapons or bomb vests when on any A3MP or AiA maps - specifically takistan. only works on altis and stratis.

Anyone got a fix?

Edited by f4ded

Hi, I loaded the demo mission "Operation Landlord" on our server. the question is the circles that say occupied disappear fade away after a few minutes never to return, well occasionally you see a "captured" on the map.

Is there a way of making these permanent? nothing has been changed as far as the demo missions script.

Thx in advance

Edited by DroopyPiles

Hi, I loaded the demo mission "Operation Landlord" on our server. the question is the circles that say occupied disappear fade away after a few minutes never to return, well occasionally you see a "captured" on the map.

Is there a way of making these permanent? nothing has been changed as far as the demo missions script.

Thx in advance

I noticed that the longer the mission is running, the less frequent the intel is given on enemy held objectives. it can be likened to lag.. its there just really slow after a few hours... sometimes it doesn't even show after the initial map start. is anyone else experiencing this?

Intel only shows when an event occurs (change in objective ownership, enemy movements, stuff like that). Having intel set to anything other than total coverage adds a "roll the dice" behaviour to the intel - Low / medium / high / total being 10%, 20%, 40% and 100% respectively. If an objective is captured by opfor and stays that way for a long period, you'll never see intel on that objective.

Intel only shows when an event occurs (change in objective ownership, enemy movements, stuff like that). Having intel set to anything other than total coverage adds a "roll the dice" behaviour to the intel - Low / medium / high / total being 10%, 20%, 40% and 100% respectively. If an objective is captured by opfor and stays that way for a long period, you'll never see intel on that objective.

If that's the case how can you tell where the areas are? the disappear and you no longer have intel to where they are, surely there some code that keeps them their until a state change?

If that's the case how can you tell where the areas are? the disappear and you no longer have intel to where they are, surely there some code that keeps them their until a state change?

You can tell where they are by taking a look there, if you dont want to go look after the ai you can use the TRACE system on the CQB module, that might give you a hint on where they are? Not sure how to do it better.

When we play we have people moving around to check and observer.

About the code thing i cant help with that.

ChroincleDude.

I just get in the habit of using the advanced markers. When some intel pops up i will marker it with some explanatory note so when it fades away I still have something there. Then I will manually generate a task via C2iStar to investigate the area and establish if the intel was legit or not. Great way of making missions for yourself along with the pre-made ones. I just havent worked out how to get rid of a marker once I have cleared a particular area.

So what happens when all of CSAT is dead, as I see no triggers, do the modules end the game for you?

I just get in the habit of using the advanced markers. When some intel pops up i will marker it with some explanatory note so when it fades away I still have something there. Then I will manually generate a task via C2iStar to investigate the area and establish if the intel was legit or not. Great way of making missions for yourself along with the pre-made ones. I just havent worked out how to get rid of a marker once I have cleared a particular area.

Cntrl-RMB

So what happens when all of CSAT is dead, as I see no triggers, do the modules end the game for you?

No, you still need to setup win conditions yourself. The modules do not handle ending the mission.

When you run out of bad guys to shoot, you call it a day take out a beer and kick back and wait for the next war.

Cntrl-RMB

No, you still need to setup win conditions yourself. The modules do not handle ending the mission.

Oh, so how would I go about that? as setting a trigger saying csat not present wont work as there virtualized right? so how can I make it so it ends? thx

Oh, so how would I go about that? as setting a trigger saying csat not present wont work as there virtualized right? so how can I make it so it ends? thx

You could setup a trigger and in the condition put this

EDIT: Working code

Condition:

if (isServer) then {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 15000, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0 && {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 15000, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0}} else {false};

On Act:

if (isServer) then {    ["end1","BIS_fnc_endMission",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP};

Edited by SpyderBlack723

You could setup a trigger and in the condition put this

(((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 250, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) == 0) and ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 250, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) == 0));

You need to change "EAST" to whatever side units the enemy faction is. You can also change "250" to whatever size area you want it to check for virtual units.

In the on Activation section of your trigger you can then do this

["Mission Success", true, 5] call BIS_fnc_endMission;

Excellent thx for the reply, sorry to ask the maybe obvious, but what size is the 250 you mention, what should I put for the whole of Altis? i'm basically using the Operation Landlord mission you made., thx

Excellent thx for the reply, sorry to ask the maybe obvious, but what size is the 250 you mention, what should I put for the whole of Altis? i'm basically using the Operation Landlord mission you made., thx

250 is just the size of the area that it checks for units in. If you wanted to check for all of Altis, just stick a trigger in the middle of the map and put a size of something around 17000

This would be the condition of your trigger

EDIT: Working code

Condition:

if (isServer) then {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 15000, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0 && {count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 15000, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles) == 0}} else {false};

On Act:

if (isServer) then {    ["end1","BIS_fnc_endMission",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP};

Edited by SpyderBlack723

250 is just the size of the area that it checks for units in. If you wanted to check for all of Altis, just stick a trigger in the middle of the map and put a size of something around 17000

This would be the condition of your trigger

Condition:

(((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 17000, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) == 0) and ((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 17000, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) == 0));

And this would be the onActivation:

["Mission Success", true, 5] call BIS_fnc_endMission;

Edit: Fixed code

The mission ended straight away :/

The mission ended straight away :/

Yeah just tested it myself, the code works perfectly fine when tested in a small area. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on

edit: ninja'd by spyder... fool-resistant example incoming from HH :p

Edited by SavageCDN

Yeah just tested it myself, the code works perfectly fine when tested in a small area. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on

Yea just to confirm its your mission i'm using it on, operation landlord

Yea just to confirm its your mission i'm using it on, operation landlord

Alright here is our solution thanks to the almighty Highhead

Condition:

On Act:

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Hey all I've submitted a request to have Australia V2 indexed :)

Wish ALiVE Team would just let you Index your own Maps. Not sure what's all involved. But makes a lot of sense if the mapmaker had the control over his/her Maps.

Also would be cool if there was a non-index system in place as a temporary solution so you could play on New Maps before they get fully indexed. Just a generic spawn system. You could play immediately when a New Map is released. ;)

Also would be cool if there was a non-index system in place as a temporary solution so you could play on New Maps before they get fully indexed. Just a generic spawn system. You could play immediately when a New Map is released. ;)

you can do this with custom objectives. This is what I use on new maps. Takes a bit of extra work to set up but is good alternative until it gets indexed.

^ this and the CQB module will work on non-indexed maps - combine that with custom objectives and you're good to go

Indexing is a 'difficult' process and involves using internal dev tools and some witchcraft. The long term goal here is to allow anyone to submit map indexes however that is not something on the immediate horizon.

If I'm not mistaken map makers themselves may be able to assist in the near future by providing the ALiVE team with some static data regarding locations and types of military and civilian structures specific to their map, but don't quote me on this :p