wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

What's the Profile limit set to?

Sir, I've been setting it between 15 and 30 as always. Mil module is 200, Civ Module is 400. TAOR is half Takistan.

I have an annoying problem. My Menu won't work. App Key does nothing, and rebinding User Key 20 doesn't help. Having the required item in my inventory doesn't help. This persists in all downloaded ALiVE missions, and my custom made ones. Any ideas?

Just checked your mission, are you getting less AI than this?

http://gyazo.com/ec463aa540e5199b8db084084fc64712

Seems very dense and working as intended

Same - not seeing anything wrong with it. Group limit is set to 15, plenty of profiles spawning and CQB is working fine too.

Ghosticus - app key (next to the right ctrl key) is the default. If you use Custom Key 20 you need to restart ArmA after changing it. Note that ArmA for some reason doesn't support modifiers for custom keys (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT). If it's still not working, it's likely the mod isn't running properly and you should try redownloading it.

I have an annoying problem. My Menu won't work. App Key does nothing, and rebinding User Key 20 doesn't help. Having the required item in my inventory doesn't help. This persists in all downloaded ALiVE missions, and my custom made ones. Any ideas?

I realize that you have already done the obvious by changing the key binding... but is there any chance that you have a complex gaming keyboard such as a Logitech G510s or something similar that has a switch that disables certain Windows related keys during game play? If yes, make sure that switch is not set to on. If not... than I am not sure what the issue is.

Just checked your mission, are you getting less AI than this?

http://gyazo.com/ec463aa540e5199b8db084084fc64712

Seems very dense and working as intended

Same - not seeing anything wrong with it. Group limit is set to 15, plenty of profiles spawning and CQB is working fine too.

Ghosticus - app key (next to the right ctrl key) is the default. If you use Custom Key 20 you need to restart ArmA after changing it. Note that ArmA for some reason doesn't support modifiers for custom keys (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT). If it's still not working, it's likely the mod isn't running properly and you should try redownloading it.

Thank you guys, all I have to do is increase Civ Module to 800 and now seems to be working good so far. It's weird because I've always set 400 but meh..

About Static Guns in Block Roads, they are working well too.

Thank you again and excuses for troubles.

Cheers!

Oh I know what key it is supposed to be. It worked for me before, but it decided to stop working for some reason. I will try a re installation and go from there. Is there anything that may have conflicted from a previous version?

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Re-installation did not help. I had it working not too long ago under a previous version, but can't get it to work now. It might be worth mentioning, I have another buddy running the same mods (RHS, Agressors, and some vehicles) and his menu works fine.

I remember someone awhile ago saying that if you are ingame and navigate to "Controls", and find the "Configure Addons" button that he was able to remap it through there. Not entirely sure if that works since I have never tried it and am away from my PC atm, but it's worth a shot.

Menu Issue Resolved: Updated CBA_A3 to RC7 Hotfix 2 :bounce3:

Good to know, thanks! Totally forgot to mention that :o

Is there a functions list for this?

Surely there must be another way to spawn AI via ALiVE by scripting means, rather than using the modules?

Is there any chance a hotfix could be published for the units not showing up in zeus?

Hey,

I have a huge problem. I use ACE3 and Alive. Now I want to use the ACE3 Map Tools. The Map Tool can be moved and twisted by using CTRL + LMB. The Same keys are used by the Advanced Marker from ALiVe. Since I don't use them, I want to deactivate or change the keys for that. Is there anyway to do that?

Many Greetings

Moony

Hey,

I have a huge problem. I use ACE3 and Alive. Now I want to use the ACE3 Map Tools. The Map Tool can be moved and twisted by using CTRL + LMB. The Same keys are used by the Advanced Marker from ALiVe. Since I don't use them, I want to deactivate or change the keys for that. Is there anyway to do that?

Many Greetings

Moony

Hello, you can desactivate Advanced Markers. But I don't remember which module is it.

Hello, you can desactivate Advanced Markers. But I don't remember which module is it.

It's located under the ALiVE (Required) module

Doesn't help for me, the Advanced Marker still appear!

Hi everyone, after a while playing an Insurgency mission I made, when I get in a vehicule, this one desn't wants to start moving. Engine starts, but the car starts sliping very slowly... and when I go out of it, it keeps sliping !

Since this moment, all the cars become unplayable... even if I spawn a new one.

I really do not know why...

thank you.

Hi everyone, after a while playing an Insurgency mission I made, when I get in a vehicule, this one desn't wants to start moving. Engine starts, but the car starts sliping very slowly... and when I go out of it, it keeps sliping !

Since this moment, all the cars become unplayable... even if I spawn a new one.

I really do not know why...

thank you.

Have you tried running the mission with only ALiVE and CBA enabled? I have never encountered this error nor have I heard of anyone else running into it.

Doesn't help for me, the Advanced Marker still appear!

Hi mate

I tried to replicate this, but if the markers are disabled on the ALiVE Required module, they won't come up with CTRL + LMB for me at all, also checking the code they wont run at all, are you sure you have the latest version? Can you please check version in RPT?

thanks

Had a idea, dont know if it has been thought about before but thought I would throw it out there. How about terrorist attacks? Like say that people get recruited and instead of just being another fighter they could strap on a suicide vest and instead of waiting for BLUFOR to come near they go to a highly populated area and detonate there? May add a bit of depth to the dynamic story from ALiVE. This would be for Asymmetric warfare mode obviously

Hey dudes!

I posted that also into the Leights OPFOR pack thread, and I believe it should also be put in here:

If you are using ALiVE or ACE3 with Leights OPFOR pack (i think its used by many ppl actually) its you need to do the following:

The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO:

1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder

2. Restart Arma.

LOP doesnt support CBA XEH which can cause several issues like civilian actions, or menu items missing, ACE interaction not working etc.

laters

Ok..so I have a question to everyone in regards to the above.

I did the following and sure enough...Leights Opfor Civilian groups work perfectly as far as having all the interaction options (Arrest, Search, Talk)

Vanilla Civilian groups also work great.

However, as of the latest ALiVE and ARMA updates...both Massi's African Civilians and the CA Aggressor Civilian groups (Middle East and African) are NOT allowing me to interact with them. No Search option, no Question option, etc.

Now I went back and loaded some of my missions using those groups from previous ARMA and ALiVE versions and they work fine. But anything that I either A)edit then save or B)create from scratch with the latest ALiVE and ARMA versions....no dice.

Is anyone else able to successfully use the Massi's African Conflict civs and/or the CA Aggressor Civs (Middle East and African) and interact with them? This is with ALiVE version 9.9, the latest CBA and the latest ARMA version.

If so...is there a PBO I'm missing or some other issue I may have missed?

Once again...Vanilla and Leights Civs work great. Massi and Aggressors Civs don't work at all with interaction options.

I just can't seem to figure out how to get the Military IED's module to work when synced to the AI Commander in Asymmetric mode. I have a mission if anyone could help me figure it out, Would greatly appreciate it. You need RHS USF, AllinArma, and Clafghan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WYBpGmPuC7WUI3ejlEbUN6RGc/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mr. Frogman

Great work guys! Any chance you can change the altitude of the Airdrop as it takes so long for your soldiers to join the players group.

Another bug is the ammo airdrop, when you get to the ammo box that was airdropped there's nothing there.

Okay, so why won't the Combat Support Tablet work or even go into my regular inventory on the Quick Start Showcase for ALiVE? I have to spawn a backpack that it will go into and then key 20 which i have bound to "\" doesn't do anything at all. I have a laser designator. Is this mod broken due to an Arma update or what? Thanks.

I'm trying to learn how this mod works and if it's bugged, I can't rightly do so.

Edited by Corsa1r