ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Are you planing to index

hindukush_island

alive_logo_bif.jpg

alivemod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 0.9.9

Background Stuff!

We're continuing to fix bugs, refine features and focus on performance in preparation for the official 1.0 release. There has been quite a lot of activity in the background that you won't necessarily notice in game - things like optimised code for low priority modules, automated topography export which has allowed us to upload raster maps the War Room rapidly. We're slowly refining the indexing process which will hopefully reduce the effort required to index maps so we can get more done in future. We've also added the option to save custom variable to the War Room database, which I'm sure some people will enjoy playing with. See the ALiVE Wiki for details.

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com

Also available from PlayWithSix and ArmAholic.

Note for server admins that this build requires the new @ALiVEServer package.

E2Cg58w.jpg

Join the War Room Now!

Manual

Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need should is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know by submitting a ticket on our Development Tracker and we'll look to fix it.

Support Forum

For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/

Release Highlights

• Optimisation enhancements to various modules
  • 25+ bug fixes including to C2ISTAR tasks and side missions
  • Add option for saving and retrieving custom variables to War Room.
  • Added support for Al Rayak (preliminary index - some villages are missing still).
  • AI will no longer man the turrets of non-profiled player vehicles placed near objectives.
  • Updated demo missions on the ALiVE website and included in ALiVE

Changelog

- Build 0.9.9

[ALL] Updated version to 0.9.9.1506221

[C2ISTAR] Fixed script error with independend units owning a sector

[VARIOUS] Changed dynamic placement modules to not garrison unprofiled vehicles in order to fix http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76211

[X LIB] Added option to ALiVE_fnc_groupGarrison to only garrison profiled vehicles (preparation for http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76211)

[C2ISTAR] http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76238: Changed way of defaulting to selected map position if dynamically found location is further away than 1 click or no location was found. Ensured that compositions are created on a flat area. Fixed nil variable script error in Transport Insertion Task.

[sys_data] Fix infinite loading issue when empty value occurs

[sys_stats] Improved stats recording of shots fired, added additional data to events to allow image inclusion in pop ups on operations page

[C2ISTAR] Fixed sabotage installation could give orders to attack a "friendly" building (now checks for friendly troops in the area before assigning).

[MIL OPCOM] Added operation "getOPCOMbyid"

[X LIB] Added option to look for virtual profiles in ALiVE_fnc_isEnemyNear

[MIL CQB | XLIB] Added "no civilian factions" option to ALiVE_fnc_getDominantFaction and fixed CQB spawning armed civilians with dominant faction in some cases

[Main] Prelim index of Al Rayak - some villages still missing

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed indestructable IEDs by switching to ALiVE IEDs

[CIV PLACEMENT] Fixed: If roadblocks were too close to another, virtual groups sometimes were spawned at [0,0,0] and a script error was dumped

[X LIB] Removed unneeded conversion

[X LIB] Another regression in ALiVE_fnc_findVehicleType

[missions] Updated missions for 0.9.9 release

[sYS AI SKILL] Removed permanent debug in AISkillSetter

[X LIB] Fixed regression after perf improvement in ALiVE_fnc_findVehicleType (arrays were not cached and threw a script error)

[MIL IED | AMB CIVs] Fixed MIL IED wasnt recognizing ALiVE ambient civilian factions correctly

[sys_data] Added the ability to store custom data to the database i.e. ["key", _value] call ALIVE_fnc_setData and ["key"] call ALiVE_fnc_getData

[sys_player] Fixed issue with player persistence where player was sometimes restored without any equipment

[Main] Fixed typo in Military Objective Defence Task http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76262

[functions] Fixed issue where non existent file error was missed

[AAR] Added unit config class to AAR for better icon presentation on map

[MIL OPCOM] The unneeded space wasnt beautiful...

[MIL CQB] Forgot to change the comment

[MIl CQB] Added operation "allHouses", which was missing after the debug fix

[sYS AI Skill] Refactored AI skill to initialise AI skill sets on unit creation in order to avoid the allUnits scan-loop.

[Functions] Added function to export a map to War Room to be tiled. Requires the EMF to be exported from in game before being used.

[X LIB] Fixed groupGarrison disabledAI move, so garrisoning soldiers were not turning or moving at all, resulting in dumb units that wouldnt fire at you unless they were facing you directly.

[MIL CQB] Fixed "dominant faction" was broken in last release

[MIL OPCOM] Ensured that Toggle Toggle OPCOM installation function quits if not a single OPCOM instance is existing

[VARIOUS] Added terrorize to monitoring and battlefield analysis

[C2ISTAR] Fixed sidechat message did only show the first objective location, improved errorhandling on wrong input values, Added fallback if no opcom objective was found for the used faction

[MIL CQB] Fixed debug wasnt showing cached vs. uncached positions correctly in some cases, made debug markers smaller

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed, suicide bombers where created everytime players left the area and returned again, sometimes resulting in suicide bombers havoc! Made debug markers smaller, improved way of calculating objectives hostility

[AMB CIVS] Tweaked civilian insurgent actions, Removed INDEP / GUER workaround to be streamlined with other sides, fixed civilian debug markers were not removed if killed, improved performance when detecting near enemies,

[AMB CIVs] Fixed Civilians were always created in the center of the house, resulting in them getting stuck in some buildings! Added name of hostile civ command to debug marker (like suicide, etc.). Fixed civilian still dropped his explosives if killed!

[Main] Updated OnPlayerConnected call to use BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler for greater compatibility. Fixes an issue where BIS Dynamic Groups breaks ALiVE.

[sys_player] Fixed issue where auto store was not working due to incorrect time.

[sys data] Fixed - Don't enable AAR if it is turned off globally.

[sys_statistics] Remove debug from logs

[MIL OPCOM] Fixed undeclared variable _civFactions when loading an asymmetric mission where a suicidebomber was present at an objective

[ALiVEServer] New plugin to avoid connection issues for servers that do not have permission to run performance counters.

Want to join our team?

We are still recruiting people that are interested in being part of the dev team. We welcome anyone who fancies a go at SQF scripting, Javascript/PHP development (for War Room) and C++/C# development for our ALiVE extension. ALiVE is an opportunity to build your experience of any of these technologies in a fun mod development environment.

Disclaimer

ALiVE is still in BETA and subject to change. We may need to clear persistent database data from the War Room before major updates but we will try to let you know well in advance if this happens. We have done our best to ensure backward compatibility for your missions. However, in case you get a new error with an existing mission, please delete and replace the offending module in the editor and you should be good to go again. As usual, please post any issues or feature requests on our tracker.

Work In Progress

We're now on the final sprint in the run up to the official 1.0 release. There are a lot of features we would like to enhance but it's clear we won't achieve all of them in the time frame we've set ourselves. We still have a lot to do and many more ideas besides, so the 1.0 release will certainly not be the last.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?

Please feel free to donate! It costs us about $65 per month to run our War Room website and ALiVE Database servers. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

Can you update the Wiki it still says that its Version 0.9.7 Link. Great Update.

Updated mod v0.9.9.1506221 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ALiVE team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Updated mod v0.9.9.1506221 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ALiVE team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi, where would I enter this for the servertime to be same as game time? [] call ALiVE_fnc_getServerTime

You need to parse the output into the date/time format of Arma.... any takers?

Ok, so I want to make an alive mission where the island is occupied by a conventional force and the players (it would be a coop mission) are an insurgent force.

I want the insurgents to have access to a small base with limited vehicles and equipment and the conventional force controlling most of the island with heavy duty equipment.

I know how to do most of this, but the thing i need help with is setting up good objectives. Im not sure if I want to make it so that we have to simply wipe out the enemy, which may take too long and prove annoying finding every last one or making some kind of target to blow up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this sort of thing and how I would do it? So like a reverse insurgency I suppose. Thanks

Also, a side question.

If i want to populate the whole map with troops do I have to have a military placement AND civilian placement module? Or can I just make a military placement and the AI will move to garrison the cities by themselves? The reason I ask is because when I have both at once, it always gives me a message saying there are too many objectives for the opcom and for performance reasons I should lower them.

If i want to populate the whole map with troops do I have to have a military placement AND civilian placement module? Or can I just make a military placement and the AI will move to garrison the cities by themselves? The reason I ask is because when I have both at once, it always gives me a message saying there are too many objectives for the opcom and for performance reasons I should lower them.

AI groups will not move to civilian objectives unless you use a civilian placement module. You could use a CQB module instead set to civilian areas which would spawn guys in buildings in the city.

An easy way to lower the number of objectives is to filter out small or low priority ones in the module.

Is it safe to call ALiVE_fnc_setData frequently (5-10 seconds) to update a value? Glad to see this feature in btw :)

ALiVE_globalForcePool no longer a data smuggler

Is it safe to call ALiVE_fnc_setData frequently (5-10 seconds) to update a value? Glad to see this feature in btw :)

as per The Master:

tupolov [11:14 AM]

yup, doesn't write to DB until end of session

use a delayed per frame handler (something that waits 5 secs before setting the data), not a while loop (on server)

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Database

Edited by SavageCDN

Be interested to know what you want to persist?

That should read "use a delayed per frame handler" something that waits 5 secs before setting the data.

Edited by Tupolov

Currently I'm building a Insurgency with ALiVE and I wanted to ask, is there a way to only show the TRACE grids in the TAOR? The main base is located on the airbase near Gravia and I don't want the red squares in it..

No there isn't. It might be something we can add on due course though

Be interested to know what you want to persist?

It was just a simple kill / casualty counter for both sides, nothing special. Depending on the frequency of kills it could take a hammering.

Wow, just wow. Have just read the whole wiki and watched the official tutorial videos from a year ago. This mod just may make Arma 3 my fav game ever! It is amazing.

I have one or two questions though if that's ok?

1. Are there many SP missions available and where is the best place to look (armaholic and the workshop don't seem to have many or I am not looking properly). This said I am aware Alive is more MP orientated.

2. How taxing is the SP saving mode thingy? If there is a lack of missions made by others, I want to start making my own but have read this feature is 'use at own risk'. Though I would rather avoid missions I made because I would know what is going to happen?? I will still be making some when I am proficient as to try contribute back into the community.

3. I don't have any friends *violin* to play on a server really lol and don't want to join a clan with requirements for this or that though I do want to play seriously. Are there any servers about that are have serious players but where you can jump in one eve here and there???

Sorry for the questions, I have been researching mods in Arma for ages and feel this mod is almost the end of it all. It seems to be exactly what I were looking for. Thank-you in advance for any advice etc given.

Edited by dirtybeatfreak
grammar

1. Are there many SP missions available and where is the best place to look (armaholic and the workshop don't seem to have many or I am not looking properly). This said I am aware Alive is more MP orientated.

2. How taxing is the SP saving mode thingy? If there is a lack of missions made by others, I want to start making my own but have read this feature is 'use at own risk'. Though I would rather avoid missions I made because I would know what is going to happen?? I will still be making some when I am proficient as to try contribute back into the community.

3. I don't have any friends *violin* to play on a server really lol and don't want to join a clan with requirements for this or that though I do want to play seriously. Are there any servers about that are have serious players but where you can jump in one eve here and there???

1. Digging through here might be your best bet. There are also some sample missions available at http://www.alivemod.com/missions.

2. I wouldn't rely on it, setting up a local server for private play is the better alternative since saving in SP will crash almost all of the time depending on the size of your mission (amount of data being saved).

3. My best guess would be to try searching for public clan servers where you can hop in and out without having to sign-up or do long briefings.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Thank-you for your reply SpyderBlack723, I just found those missions and also the ones you did too. So will play on those first to get to grips etc. Thank-you for making the ones you did!

Another question I just thought of is, would it be possible to add Alive's elements to otherwise non Alive SP scenarios. For example open up a pbo of a mission and add just the AI transport/CAS/C2ISTAR modules? Would that require adding the required module and setting it to not virtualizing anything?? That would absolutely amazing heh.

The ALiVE (Required) module is always needed if using any type of ALiVE element in a mission. Otherwise yes, you can place down the Virtual AI System module and set it to not virtualize a single thing and add your other modules at will.

The ALiVE (Required) module is always needed if using any type of ALiVE element in a mission. Otherwise yes, you can place down the Virtual AI System module and set it to not virtualize a single thing and add your other modules at will.

Hmmmm. I was under the impression that to use things like the ALiVE transport and Logistics you would need to have the AI Commander Module (former OPCOM module), and at least one Mil or Civ placement for it. I use the Custom Mil Placement and spawn a Small MG nest (no troops - just the placement itself). This set-up enables me (with the use of Laser Designators) to call in Logistics. Without this set-up I have had no joy.

Modules used:

AI Commander

Custom Mil Placement (sync to AI Commander)

Logistics Module (sync to AI Commander)

Has this changed in recent updates?

Thanx :)

I just tried that quickly and it didn't work. I have managed to get the transport and cas ones working by using the Player Combat Support (Transport) and Player Combat Support (CAS) modules and spawning a heli for each and linking them. But can't seem to get the logistics (supply drop part) or artillery working very well. It's really confusing!

Does anyone know what the light blue lines mean between modules? I can't find out in the wiki??

Hmmmm. I was under the impression that to use things like the ALiVE transport and Logistics you would need to have the AI Commander Module (former OPCOM module), and at least one Mil or Civ placement for it.

Combat Support Assets are completely independent and don't require anything but an ALiVE Required module. The Logistics however is a direct tap into your Military AI Commander's forcepool. Friznit actually just explained it a bit earlier on the alive forums

"Player Resupply is merely an interface to the Military Logistics system for players. You still need to set up the Military Logistics, synced to an AI Commander with at least one viable objective from one of the Placement modules for them to use as the logistics hub."

Does anyone know what the light blue lines mean between modules? I can't find out in the wiki??

If you place two modules close together the editor automatically groups them. To undo this you need to select grouping in the editor (I think the hotkey is F2?) and simply click on one of the modules that is linked and drag off. Don't confuse this with Synchronizing though which is a dark blue line.

But can't seem to get the logistics (supply drop part) or artillery working very well

Read the above on what is needed to get the logistics to work. you can still get it to work without interfering with a pre-existing mission but it takes a bit more effort. As for artillery, are you using vanilla units? Due to some (unknown?) issue the artillery module has a hard time getting the appropriate shells for mod units which unfortunately causes them not to work.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Ahhh I see, that explains a bit better. I knew the dark blue ones were sync'd but the light blue ones really confused me lol. Now I know thanks!

I have just opened up your insurgency mission from the sample missions to see how it done and see that you have put a lot of modules separate down out to sea. Just looking at that helped a great deal :) One thing I am again not sure on though is that your virtual AI system module is set to only virtualize synced units but there are no dark blue lines going to it??

Sorry I might stop asking questions soon lol. Getting there, slowly!

Edited by dirtybeatfreak