wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

If you are blanketing the map (not using TAORs) without filtering then its pretty simple. Kunduz is tiny, Bornholm and Clafghan are not. More buildings and such to spawn stuff in/around = more time spent loading.

Hi Frogman!

Try to filter for ignore small-medium size objectives on the civilian modules and try to lower CQB values, it can take quite some time to initialise a big map but everything over 5 minutes should indicate there is something set too high.

Also check RPTs for errors and shoot over an .rpt file if there is an issue!

Enjoy!

After discovering ALiVE, I literally can't go back to standard mission building. It's amazing what this mod can do and how dynamic it is. Incredible job on this guys.

After discovering ALiVE, I literally can't go back to standard mission building. It's amazing what this mod can do and how dynamic it is. Incredible job on this guys.

Could not agree more! The real beauty is when you find the perfect balance of enemy and CQB weighting. Each Map comes with its own challenges but when its right its very satisfying. My group always comment on how 'good' my missions are.....I keep telling them, it's not me, its ALiVE ;)

With reinforcements, logistics, transports, combat support, roadblocks, IED's, random camps and the general randomness that makes re-playability a must.....this mod is a game changer. Keep up the great work fellas. Looking forward to the next release!

I've encountered a weird thing. The USMC AI on nothing but Infantry - Has completely eliminated the Russian AI (RHS Pack) when they have Armor and Air support, as well as the Indep. AI which was allied to the russians. Any idea on how to make the AI NOT Destroy the hostiles while I'm away for a hour or to?

I've encountered a weird thing. The USMC AI on nothing but Infantry - Has completely eliminated the Russian AI (RHS Pack) when they have Armor and Air support, as well as the Indep. AI which was allied to the russians. Any idea on how to make the AI NOT Destroy the hostiles while I'm away for a hour or to?

You could try lowering the USMC unit count or setting the USMC Military AI Commander to Occupation. Setting it to Occupation will ensure that they will still attack known enemy locations but they will be more focused on holding their own territory.

Have a look on the alive wiki, you can place a trigger on your mission that pauses the AI Commanders just set a condition to activate when no players are present, so you log out ai stands still until you log back in.

Have a look on the alive wiki, you can place a trigger on your mission that pauses the AI Commanders just set a condition to activate when no players are present, so you log out ai stands still until you log back in.

Dixon also wrote this on the forums that handles pausing and resuming by just plopping it in your mission.

http://alivemod.com/forum/1142-putting-opcom-to-bed-on-empty-server

does tHe InitServer.sqf need to be in the onACt. of the trigger. or is the initServer.sqf automatically run by the engine.

does tHe InitServer.sqf need to be in the onACt. of the trigger. or is the initServer.sqf automatically run by the engine.

initServer.sqf is automatically run. Just put it in your mission folder with the script he provided and you should be good to go. (Just be warned when trying to test this, it only works on a server and not in the editor).

Ok so finally got the persistence working, but now how do I reset the mission back to the start? I set up a small mission just to test and it worked but now I want to restart it fully and edit it even more because it works

Thanks a lot, but Im not actually sure how I change the pbo name? Is that just basically save it as something else?

In my description.ext I only have

respawn = base;

respawndelay = 10;

for the respawn, nothing else. And I upload the mission folder to the server not the pbo.

Edited by Killaway

hey alive dev team!

Is it posible to use persistant without a dedicated server? what i have in mind is to assign a static IP to my pc, connect to war room and host a mission. i have set up a dedicated server on my pc and testet, but my pc can't handle both server and arma3 at the same time, im getting a lot of out of memory crashes:confused:

Thanks a lot, but Im not actually sure how I change the pbo name? Is that just basically save it as something else?

In my description.ext I only have

respawn = base;

respawndelay = 10;

for the respawn, nothing else. And I upload the mission folder to the server not the pbo.

Do you not pbo your missions before uploading them? I thought you had to so they can run on the server. If no, just change the mission folder name.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

hey alive dev team!

Is it posible to use persistant without a dedicated server? what i have in mind is to assign a static IP to my pc, connect to war room and host a mission. i have set up a dedicated server on my pc and testet, but my pc can't handle both server and arma3 at the same time, im getting a lot of out of memory crashes:confused:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Can_I_save_the_progress_without_a_dedicated_server.3F

Otherwise...no.

No, I just upload the folder, there isn't actually a .pbo in that folder. So do I change the name of it on the server or on my machine and re upload it? Ive done custom lea scripts for loadouts so would I loose all them if I change the name of the folder? Thanks for the reply btw and sorry to be a pain

Just go to your MPMissions and change the name of the mission folder. All the scripts etc will still be in the folder.

Just go to your MPMissions and change the name of the mission folder. All the scripts etc will still be in the folder.

thanks a lot that worked fine. appreciate it

Im having issues on altis......I have 2 factions on either side of the map, I have 2 military modules one for unit placement and the other for objectives linked to the military commander mod, also a civ mod with just objectives, each mil commander mods are synced with the other so they "see" each other......got all the units up. no problem, C2STAR works fine....no one is moving....the Russian army took two towns but the US has not moved an inch. Both are on occupy. I want both armys taking towns and bases, so the war is pushing back and forth so there is a "front line". Invasion is a mess both armys just throw each other at the other and its a wreck with in 5 mins the russians are at the door of the main US base. But occupy no one moves? Any advice or some help? Both has 200 groups for both unit mil modules....add more?

Are the opcoms synced with the enemies' placement modules? Opcom's only care/know about objectives that they're synced to. Syncing an opcom to another opcom has no effect on their behavior.

I would suggest a setup like this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/TAOR

Use a single Placement module (Objectives only) in the centre of your Area of Operations and blacklist the area around each main HQ to prevent the untimely demise of your logistics hubs. Reduce the number of groups for each side to something closer to the total number of objectives. For example, on Invasion mode, the AI commander will use 2 groups to defend each objective. If there are 20 objectives in the AO, he'll need 40 groups to defend them all and then at least 4 groups left over to attack the next objective plus his reserve...so giving him 50 to 100 groups in total will mean he'll be getting stretched when he's captured most of the island and the opposition will be able to counter attack more easily. You can increase this effect by cutting his starting groups right down but syncing a Military Logistics module to the AI Comd with the insertion point Fixed at the main HQ. This will extend his supply lines as he takes over the island making it harder to hold the line when he start taking losses. You could also experiment with custom objectives to 'soak' up groups if there are two many running around attacking.

after setting it up like the wiki page it tells me I have 154 objectives and to lower it to 80? my TAOR is only 5000 square over the center of the map. blufor has 3 bases and opfor has 4 (from the mil modules). I bumped up the unit count to 400 to get things moving....now opfor jumps at the throat of blufor attacking main bases within not even 30 secs of start up. Blufor does literally nothing. Does not move.....Still having issues

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

full?photo_id=8704869879

full?photo_id=8704869932

full?photo_id=8704869956

Edited by Anusmangler

lower the unit count to ~100 and filter out objectives you may have a look at this mission how I did it there:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192255-ALiVE-RHS-Cold-War or

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455536759

also very important do not exceed the active limiter over 15!

with your settings probably performance goes towards unplayable.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez

^If I cant see how it was built this does me no good. Need to see the map with settings. Just saying build it like this does not help.

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=8704869879

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=8704869932

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=8704869956

The first 2 are pics of what it looks like with the debug on after about eh ~2 mins in game. the 3rd is the mission itself without preview. I dont get why its profiling the whole map when I have only that square controlling what ALIVE see's as objectives...is that a problem?

download mission then unpack it ....

download the "ALiVE | Cold War" one and not the "ALiVE RHS | Cold War" so you don't need to load any extra addons.

then put unpacked folder in "Documents/Arma3/mpmissions/"

start multiplayer - editor and have a look how I did.

respect the license !

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez