wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

We always recommend testing with CBA, ALiVE and one of our stock missions i.e. Quick Start

Thanks Tupolov, I'll try one of your stock missions and see how that goes.

Is there anyway to setup a mission in alive with a more specific amount of enemies. Possibly by placing down multiple Military Placement modules? But this seems like it would cause conflicts.

You can manually place and sync to Virtual AI System, or spawn them and profile them with a script (see Wiki example).

Anyone have a link to a list of ALiVE missions? I've found a few on Steam Workshop but all of them have bugs and the devs stopped working on it.

I'd also appreciate a link to a good youtube tutorial on how to operate ALiVE.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have a link to a list of ALiVE missions? I've found a few on Steam Workshop but all of them have bugs and the devs stopped working on it.

I'd also appreciate a link to a good youtube tutorial on how to operate ALiVE.

Thanks in advance.

These are more sampe-mission based but here you go

http://alivemod.com/missions

http://alivemod.com/forum/1059-mission-templates

There is a youtube tutorial here , it's a tad outdated but still works for the most part.

More up to date videos should pop up there in the future.

Edit: Some others I found

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178286-A3-COOP-32-ALiVE-TAKISTAN-NATOFOR

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192255-ALiVE-RHS-Cold-War

I have been having a terrible time learning to implement this addon in my mission making. i follow the quick start direction to the 'T' and always get "too many objectbe been created, try lowering the amount of objectives" i already have it set on only large obj, and the system is spawning troops like crazy, a more intimate and up-to-date tutorial is required that breaks down how the system works and how to tweak different aspects to get the most out of all of the different awesome things i have seen done by this thing.

Does anyone know what we need to do to interact with Civs?

You just walk up to them and it is in the action menu. You must have the Civilian population module set to either "Eastern" or "Western" roles.

I have been having a terrible time learning to implement this addon in my mission making. i follow the quick start direction to the 'T' and always get "too many objectbe been created, try lowering the amount of objectives" i already have it set on only large obj, and the system is spawning troops like crazy, a more intimate and up-to-date tutorial is required that breaks down how the system works and how to tweak different aspects to get the most out of all of the different awesome things i have seen done by this thing.

There is going to be more videos in the future (hopefully if all goes well). The ones on the Youtube channel still works despite a few things being out of date(Watch with annotations on). If you want a few examples you can check out sample missions here http://alivemod.com/missions

All of the old missions will be updated aswell next patch which is soonâ„¢

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Hi, I was playing my mission yesterday with a friend and everything was good generating missions via C2iSTAR for us to complete. As the mission got on it became very temperamental until the C2iSTAR completely stopped generating mission for us around the 3 hour playing mark, no matter what missions I tried to generate. Is this a known issue or something else possibly?

Also, is it possible to sling load via the Combat Support module? Is this a planned feature if it doesnt?

Hi, I was playing my mission yesterday with a friend and everything was good generating missions via C2iSTAR for us to complete. As the mission got on it became very temperamental until the C2iSTAR completely stopped generating mission for us around the 3 hour playing mark, no matter what missions I tried to generate. Is this a known issue or something else possibly?

Also, is it possible to sling load via the Combat Support module? Is this a planned feature if it doesnt?

Please post server and client logs.

Sling loading, what exactly do you want here? AI to move assets via sling load?

Sling loading, what exactly do you want here? AI to move assets via sling load?

I guess just the ability to call in a vehicle so you don't have to run as far given the awesome fatigue system of A3.

I.. I've restarted server without changing anything inthe pbo and everytime I turn on the server, the mission starts like new. I have to say I'm testing with Dedi Server at home before taking my stuff to a rented one. ALiVE interface says anything has been saved but as I said, the mission start like new if I shutdown my server at nights.

My problem is exactly the same but i am on dedicated server and none of my stuff is set up with war room, server save and exit doesnt work but when i player exit it works fine. It saves everything! But war room doesnt log anything (says something in the logs about not having permission with that account) but when i stop the server thats it i loose everything and have to start again

My problem is exactly the same but i am on dedicated server and none of my stuff is set up with war room, ....

Is that a typo and you meant your stuff is set up on WR? Because if you're not set up on War Room, mission persistence won't work. Exiting and rejoining with the same kit is a different module.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

The tutorial is fully up to date. The rest of the wiki provides the details of how each module works. There are so many ways of setting up ALiVE by far the best way is to experiment. I would suggest you read the bit about how TAOR's work, they are pretty fundamental to limiting the number of objectives.

I guess just the ability to call in a vehicle so you don't have to run as far given the awesome fatigue system of A3.

You can call in Vehicles via the ALiVE Combat Logistics system - Airdrop (parachute a transport to you current location).

Also - consider 'altering' the BIS Fatigue system. My group uses a simple command within a repeatable trigger, within the playable units init field and also a simple line of code in the missions .init file.

enableFatigue FALSE;

You may also be interested in using the onPlayerRespawn.sqf with the same/similar function to remove the fatigue system on respawning.

You can call in Vehicles via the ALiVE Combat Logistics system - Airdrop (parachute a transport to you current location).

Also - consider 'altering' the BIS Fatigue system. My group uses a simple command within a repeatable trigger, within the playable units init field and also a simple line of code in the missions .init file.

enableFatigue FALSE;

You may also be interested in using the onPlayerRespawn.sqf with the same/similar function to remove the fatigue system on respawning.

Thanks fod the info, much appreciated.

Is that a typo and you meant your stuff is set up on WR? Because if you're not set up on War Room, mission persistence won't work. Exiting and rejoining with the same kit is a different module.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

The tutorial is fully up to date. The rest of the wiki provides the details of how each module works. There are so many ways of setting up ALiVE by far the best way is to experiment. I would suggest you read the bit about how TAOR's work, they are pretty fundamental to limiting the number of objectives.

No, its not set up at all with WR and i exit game through player exit. Come back on. Everythin is exactly how i left it. Enemies, ammo. Everything. But once i stop server it all restarts

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Could someone plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz add me on steam and help me sort this problem out. I am only running cba_a3, aliveserver and alive and im still getting the same problem. My name is KILLAWAY on steam. Would really appreciate it if someone could help, maybe look on teamviewer at the problem?

Player persistence after disconnect is a different module.

For persistence after server restart YOU HAVE TO REGISTER ON War Room

I am registered on war room, but the server save and exit just wont work. I have tried almost everything. I don't know what else I can do now really. Alive is the only reason I play arma and I just cant get it to work :(

You said you've registered on War Room (signed up) but not added your server details (in the Server Set up instructions). Mission Persistence between sessions will NOT work until you have set up your server properly on the War Room. There are clear step by step instructions on the server set up page. There is no magic to do and it's not difficult to do, you simply have to follow the instructions :)

Yeah sorry for not stating that and being a pain but I have entered all the details. I think either something is in the wrong place on the website or some details are wrong on the website. But I have checked and double checked about 10 times and I just cannot see what the problem is :( I have followed all instructions and the video tutorial and still nothing

Hey dudes!

I posted that also into the Leights OPFOR pack thread, and I believe it should also be put in here:

If you are using ALiVE or ACE3 with Leights OPFOR pack (i think its used by many ppl actually) its you need to do the following:

The latest CBA RC7 Hotfix 2, v1.1.23 has an optional PBO:

1. Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its signature file from the CBA optional folder to the CBA Addons folder

2. Restart Arma.

LOP doesnt support CBA XEH which can cause several issues like civilian actions, or menu items missing, ACE interaction not working etc.

laters

How does the Asymmetric Warfare work with interaction with civilians. We cant interact with any of them and only one of our squad mates could? How does that work.

How does the Asymmetric Warfare work with interaction with civilians. We cant interact with any of them and only one of our squad mates could? How does that work.

Dude, just read one message back. The answer is in the same page. In our case we are still using CBA RC6 1.1.20 and we can interact with civilians.

Trying to get this to work but getting error message and kicking me out of arma; the code was taken from the wiki page and i have just modified the init line. This works if i manually place the code a placed units init line so not sure.

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
class Man {
 init = "_this addaction ["<t color='#99ff00'>Join Group</t>","join.sqf"]";
};
};

I cant script or code arma to save my self and probably something pretty obvious. I want this addaction added to the init of spawned units. Also question; can I repeat the whole "init" line in this code to add another addaction for "unjoin"??

Thanks.

Trying to get this to work but getting error message and kicking me out of arma; the code was taken from the wiki page and i have just modified the init line. This works if i manually place the code a placed units init line so not sure.

class Man {
 init = "_this addaction ["<t color='#99ff00'>Join Group</t>","join.sqf"]";
};
};

I cant script or code arma to save my self and probably something pretty obvious. I want this addaction added to the init of spawned units. Also question; can I repeat the whole "init" line in this code to add another addaction for "unjoin"??

Thanks.

Need to use double quotes.

class Man {
       init = "_this addAction [""<t color='#99ff00'>Join Group</t>"",""join.sqf""]";
   };
};

or...

class Man {
       init = "_this call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'unitAddAction.sqf'";
   };
};

unitAddAction.sqf...

_this addAction ["<t color='#99ff00'>Join Group</t>","join.sqf"];

The second option is just more for cleanliness so you don't have to deal with quotation marks xD

This is a FANTASTIC mod, i've just started using it and will never turn back. I just have a question, I made an alive mission on kunduz and it starts up no problem, but for some reason both Bornholm and Clafghan take A REALLY long time to load in, sometimes just crashing during the loading screen... any thoughts on this?