wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I think it's wise. There is nothing to stop people still Using ALiVE with it, they just need to use Custom Objectives instead of fixed Positions.. It works ok.

Patch break this? Just asking since I've got a campaign running at the moment and can't verify.

I think it's wise. There is nothing to stop people still Using ALiVE with it, they just need to use Custom Objectives instead of fixed Positions.. It works ok.

To expand on this, you would need to spawn the units in through the custom objs as well since the placement modules don't place units at Custom objectives. Of course manually placing units and profiling them would work as well.

Patch break this? Just asking since I've got a campaign running at the moment and can't verify.

Probably works as intended for the most part but if you find anything that's broken since the patch then report it quickly so it can be fixed before next ALiVE update if possible.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Yeah I reloaded everything last night and the server seems fine. Discovered that the insurgents are laying IEDs and recruiting suicide bombers finally on N'Ziwasogo now that I've deleted the AI occupation force since I had a three-way going with Green as occupiers but allied with my Blue players. Bit late in the campaign for that, but will help me later on.

Hey all - Looking for some good real milsim fun with ALIVE servers. Can anyone point me to some friendly ones? Looking to play weekdays @ night. If you want to PM or point me in the direction?

Sorry Alive guys, dont mean to post this on your thread, just love your latest Insurgency addon and want to get in on the action :)

Let me add, there is no way to find theses servers on the WAR ROOM site correct?

Edited by JCae2798

Was playing Asymmetric warfare tonight on Isla Duala tonight and something really really cool happened dont know if it was intended. But I breached a compound found a few armed guys around a civilian almost as if they were holding him at gunpoint or as a hostage I killed the armed people and the civilian then allowed me to gather intel from him, was really cool and immersive in the sense that I helped save the guys life and he was helping us in return.

This also leads me to an idea I had, possibly when you kill enemies they could have a small chance to have intel on them that you could take that could lead you to priority targets. Could be annoying so maybe only on Officers but would still be nice

how does the @ALIVEserver folder work? do i just call it in my parameters on my server? or what?

how does the @ALIVEserver folder work? do i just call it in my parameters on my server? or what?

Yes. Make sure you follow the setup instructions on War Room (you need to create a group and register your server).

Is it possible to change the keys required for ALive map markers (left control) ? Its currently interfering with another addon. I know the menu is either default app key or custom 20.

Not easy sadly. We and ACE team are both aware of the conflict.

Can you add things to a mission thats already persistant? I want to add a few things to an ammo box, but if i stop my server, edit it and reupload the mission to the server i will loose the persistence wont i?

Yes, but things like contents of existing ammo boxes are persisted, so any changes in the editor will get overwritten. I would just add an additional ammo box with the contents you want.

Brothers, i've never load persistent data. How do I do that? I mean, I "Know" how to save (placing data modules, exiting with Server Save & Exit button, etc). But if I shutdown the server, how do I restore previous session?

Thanks!

Brothers, i've never load persistent data. How do I do that? I mean, I "Know" how to save (placing data modules, exiting with Server Save & Exit button, etc). But if I shutdown the server, how do I restore previous session?

Thanks!

It loads it automatically as long as the mission name has not changed and the data module is still enabled etc. How do you know? Players should be returned to their last position with their last loadout. Enemy should be returned to last position etc. (the admin can check quickly using the profiles debug mode)

So stopping the server, editing, re uploading the mission to the server and restarting wont affect it?

So stopping the server, editing, re uploading the mission to the server and restarting wont affect it?

Well, deleting stuff may have an impact. Adding stuff shouldn't.

Guys, your work is fantastic and one of the few reasons to keep me interested in Arma 3. Thanks again!

Edited by AviatorMoser

Guys, you're work is fantastic and one of the few reasons to keep me interested in Arma 3. Thanks again!

Thank you!

It loads it automatically as long as the mission name has not changed and the data module is still enabled etc. How do you know? Players should be returned to their last position with their last loadout. Enemy should be returned to last position etc. (the admin can check quickly using the profiles debug mode)

I.. I've restarted server without changing anything inthe pbo and everytime I turn on the server, the mission starts like new. I have to say I'm testing with Dedi Server at home before taking my stuff to a rented one. ALiVE interface says anything has been saved but as I said, the mission start like new if I shutdown my server at nights.

I.. I've restarted server without changing anything inthe pbo and everytime I turn on the server, the mission starts like new. I have to say I'm testing with Dedi Server at home before taking my stuff to a rented one. ALiVE interface says anything has been saved but as I said, the mission start like new if I shutdown my server at nights.

When you do "Server Save and Exit", is the game ending automatically?

When you do "Server Save and Exit", is the game ending automatically?

My game at the moment is similar. I have all of my operations information updating on the war room web site, when I exit the game it fully saves all objectives etc and automatically ends back to the MP foyer. Every time I start the same game there is no persistence! I don't know why because under the Alive tab on the map screen it has all my updated info from the last time I logged in and played that very same mission.

Has me stumped why!

My game at the moment is similar. I have all of my operations information updating on the war room web site, when I exit the game it fully saves all objectives etc and automatically ends back to the MP foyer. Every time I start the same game there is no persistence! I don't know why because under the Alive tab on the map screen it has all my updated info from the last time I logged in and played that very same mission.

Has me stumped why!

Really wierd, does this happen with every mission you create or just this one?

Really wierd, does this happen with every mission you create or just this one?

I must admit that I have only tried it with the one mission I have made. I should make a test mission that does not have quiet as many scripts as this one has and see what happens. I have a very light mod requirement as I have tried to script as much as possible into the mission. Not sure if that will make a huge difference??

I must admit that I have only tried it with the one mission I have made. I should make a test mission that does not have quiet as many scripts as this one has and see what happens. I have a very light mod requirement as I have tried to script as much as possible into the mission. Not sure if that will make a huge difference??

We always recommend testing with CBA, ALiVE and one of our stock missions i.e. Quick Start

Is there anyway to setup a mission in alive with a more specific amount of enemies. Possibly by placing down multiple Military Placement modules? But this seems like it would cause conflicts.