wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Do AI spawn new groups from the CQB Module as your in the midst of it? Meaning, I scoped out a few enemies in a Taki village before we assaulted but man did they start coming out of the houses thick! Almost like a zombie horde. I feel like I should have spotted alot more from the 3-400 m I scouted from so wanted to know if they were there beforehand or not.

The spawn radius is set to 1000 so shouldn't they all be already spawned by the time we're in the village?

PS: My dream finally came true with Arma using Alive -an AT AI successfully shot and disable my vehicle from an indoor location :yay:

Do AI spawn new groups from the CQB Module as your in the midst of it? Meaning, I scoped out a few enemies in a Taki village before we assaulted but man did they start coming out of the houses thick! Almost like a zombie horde. I feel like I should have spotted alot more from the 3-400 m I scouted from so wanted to know if they were there beforehand or not.

The spawn radius is set to 1000 so shouldn't they all be already spawned by the time we're in the village?

Please note that CQB module itself has it's own spawn radius, other than the other (CORE) AI placement module. default for CQB is 700m I think. Try check that :)

Yep that's 900 but I also have Density set to Very High -after playing again seems legit. I also have it set to Fireteam rather than Single or PAir, but goddamn there's so many....pretty ingenious how they are placed strategically around the rooftops and buildings -never loved Taki as much as I do now.

Hi, I have the info requested. One rpt file is showing the combat support module and why its not working (hopefully shows that anyway) and the other is why the persistence isn't working.. Thanks a lot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avbijx6bvye750g/RPT%20FILES.rar?dl=0

Can someone help me with this issue?

Also got another problem... the persistence is "kinda" working. When I join the server as long as I leave ai enabled, I can re join and everything is exactly how I left it. As soon as I #missions then it fully restarts. So is this working then? or not? lol But it doesn't actually log in the war room ;-\ really confused about this could someone help?

thanks

I've noticed the Insurgency growth is pretty fast - But At the same time they have no support. Is there any hopes in the future to have them be faster than a real military force in spreading around? I've gotten a Independant faction fighting Russians and US forces for control, and the US just destroys the insurrection as soon as it growls.

I've noticed the Insurgency growth is pretty fast - But At the same time they have no support. Is there any hopes in the future to have them be faster than a real military force in spreading around? I've gotten a Independant faction fighting Russians and US forces for control, and the US just destroys the insurrection as soon as it growls.

The biggest problem I've seen is that an OCCUPATION AI will send a crushing force once it detects an ASYMMETRIC AI attack. In my campaign that's running now, the asymmetric commander after setting hostility levels high all around was doing ambushes and assaults with one or two units. That was great, except the occupation commander was sending like three units to attack and eventually it just built up this massive wall of troops that blocked off any incursion. Like it pulled troops form clear across the map to strangle the insurgents and even the insurgent spawn was overrun within a few hours. Not very fun.

I ended up making the occupation AI blind to civilian objectives. I have tons of custom objectives since the military bases on N'Ziwasogo aren't recognized by ALiVE. So I just have 50m wide custom objectives with the occupation AI staying around these bases. The asymmetric AI has full freedom to run around the jungle and cities now until it gets near a base. However I have to set the civilian hostility to at least medium towards the asymmetric side. If I don't, they'll just make recruiting HQs and within about 10 hours they've got hordes of troops and they'll pour into the occupation AI's bases which they do know about.

My guys are on Bluefor trying to beat the insurgency, basically for the occupation AI which is greenfor.

All is going fine except the civvies aren't really doing much of anything against us. I've given up tweaking and just put down a separate IED module that isn't synced to an AI Commander Module. Had to kill CQB too because the asymmetric side was just popping up wherever and sometimes too late, like out of thin air and blowing away my players.

Also got another problem... the persistence is "kinda" working. When I join the server as long as I leave ai enabled, I can re join and everything is exactly how I left it. As soon as I #missions then it fully restarts. So is this working then? or not? lol But it doesn't actually log in the war room ;-\ really confused about this could someone help?

thanks

Are you using the ALiVE "Server Save and Exit" to finish the mission?

edit: disregard this ;)

Edited by SpyderBlack723

The biggest problem I've seen is that an OCCUPATION AI will send a crushing force once it detects an ASYMMETRIC AI attack. In my campaign that's running now, the asymmetric commander after setting hostility levels high all around was doing ambushes and assaults with one or two units. That was great, except the occupation commander was sending like three units to attack and eventually it just built up this massive wall of troops that blocked off any incursion. Like it pulled troops form clear across the map to strangle the insurgents and even the insurgent spawn was overrun within a few hours. Not very fun.

Most of the improvements to OPCOM and ASYM will come post 1.0 .. devs are aware of it but priority now is just bug fixing and map indexing for the 1.0 release. Suggestions for those types of improvements are welcomed however, so keep posting!!

thanks

Use the ALiVE Server Save and Exit buttons. If you use #missions or any other BIS commands, persistence won't work: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence

If you're doing all the above and War Room is set up properly, and it's reproduceable with ALiVE & CBA running only to rule out any mod conflicts, then we'll need logs with Database Module debug running to figure out what's up. Will take a look over the weekend.

AtinAkiri - there is an aspiration to add a setting for a "prepared insurgency," but for now you have to give them a chance to get established. Provide an area of the map clear of friendly forces so they can get going a bit.

If CQB are popping up out of nowhere, it's likely your server FPS is too low and causing script lag issues.

Edited by friznit2

Anyone got a sweet (ALiVE) Kunduz Afghanistan mission they could link me to?

Insurgency/open-ended/sandbox mission would be rad.

AtinAkiri - there is an aspiration to add a setting for a "prepared insurgency," but for now you have to give them a chance to get established. Provide an area of the map clear of friendly forces so they can get going a bit.

On Stratis I have the Insurgency on the south side starting with most of the map - However since the USMC owns the Airfield they seem to have a Huge starting force - even on a small number. I see the AI just send hordes of MRAPs and Armour out and when I debug to check AI positions, They're just gone. I'd be nice to have a setting to allow the ASYM Commander to "recruit" if they have no units. Make a new militia start up in the absence of the old.

Use the ALiVE Server Save and Exit buttons. If you use #missions or any other BIS commands, persistence won't work: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence

If you're doing all the above and War Room is set up properly, and it's reproduceable with ALiVE & CBA running only to rule out any mod conflicts, then we'll need logs with Database Module debug running to figure out what's up. Will take a look over the weekend.

If CQB are popping up out of nowhere, it's likely your server FPS is too low and causing script lag issues.

The "server save and exit" wont work. But if I just "player exit" it works.. Not sure whats going on. It like I have got it to work but not in the right way, really confused

Hi ALiVE team, great work on the mod it is truly amazing. I was wondering if there is any chance that one day a completed task generated with C2STAR will actually impact on the overall scenario?? Like generating a Kill HVT mission, and on completion this puts a pause on the Mil Commander Module for a defined period of time, to simulate the disruption caused by losing a high ranking officer? Or have missions generated that disrupt and stop reinforcements for a defined period of time, such as destroying communications infrastructure??? and so on..

Anyone got a sweet (ALiVE) Kunduz Afghanistan mission they could link me to?

Insurgency/open-ended/sandbox mission would be rad.

Which reminds me, ive often thought it would be a nice to have some sort off Alive mission depository where users can upload missions for other users to download, there would need to be a few categories and stuff but it would be a great resource to mess with and further promote Alive.

Hi ALIve team

I have a question?

Is there a script snippets to disable custom composition or limit it to a specified composition only? I have tried the script snippets below to limit the custom composition to a certain certain camp composition only but fail. Help is much appreciated

composition = ["mediumMilitaryCamp1"] call ALIVE_fnc_findComposition;

if(count _composition > 0) then {

[_composition, _position, _direction] call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition;

regards

AzrinK

Which reminds me, ive often thought it would be a nice to have some sort off Alive mission depository where users can upload missions for other users to download, there would need to be a few categories and stuff but it would be a great resource to mess with and further promote Alive.

I've got the closest thing to it here

http://alivemod.com/forum/1059-mission-templates

If anyone wants to upload a mission for linking there I would be happy to do it. It's definitely not the best way of doing it but it sort of works.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Cool! Yeah something like that, but with clear categories like tutorial type, large, small, medium, modded.. Maybe with some rating system and ability for feedback etc, maybe not worthy as it would require lot of participation.

Just wondering who I need to speak with to get Australia Indexed for ALive

cheers

Aus

This is an amazing mod by amazing people. Know what would make it even more amazing? Having THIS map supported by ALiVE.

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/n5KCSjWTyR#.VXTpEs9VhBc

This is the entire Australian continent in a smaller, condensed version. Even if it is small compared to real Australia, it is 40 x 40 KM. Seeing as how your lead developer is from Australia, I think it is a no-brainer for this to be supported!

I think this map is absolutely amazing and I hope you think so too. I really hope you guys end up adding this to the supported map list.

EDIT: I didn't see the other people who have already posted about this. Either way, it still adds to the support for getting this map indexed!

Edited by johnny0964
me being stupid

ok guys i have submitted request via Dev-Heaven :)

Aus - I had a good fly around the map last night and it has loads of potential.. I'd hold off on getting the ALiVE chaps to index it quite yet - simply as you released it to get critique, error spots, bugs washed out etc. Based on that feedback you will probably be making changes, however small. This will inevitably Break ALiVE support as it relies on Specific object Id's that get changed each time a map is re-cut by the author (well that's my limited understanding anyway :) ). I'm as excited to see it ALiVE indexed as anyone, but would urge caution until you are sure it's finished / stable.

It's worth noting the angst this has caused for other maps which were indexed then broken.. Sahrani, Bornholm etc. It's very frustrating for Mission builders, map makers and the ALiVE team I'm sure.

J

Aus - I had a good fly around the map last night and it has loads of potential.. I'd hold off on getting the ALiVE chaps to index it quite yet - simply as you released it to get critique, error spots, bugs washed out etc. Based on that feedback you will probably be making changes, however small. This will inevitably Break ALiVE support as it relies on Specific object Id's that get changed each time a map is re-cut by the author (well that's my limited understanding anyway :) ). I'm as excited to see it ALiVE indexed as anyone, but would urge caution until you are sure it's finished / stable.

It's worth noting the angst this has caused for other maps which were indexed then broken.. Sahrani, Bornholm etc. It's very frustrating for Mission builders, map makers and the ALiVE team I'm sure.

J

excellent point yes it will be worked on for quite some time yet so I guess it will be a huge problem perhaps we hold off indexing it then