wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hi, everything is working like a charm with ALiVE, but Bornholm wont. Is there some optimization work going on?

JS_JC_FA18E and fza_ah64d_b2e are the ones im using to be exact. And it wont work on any map. Something has gone wrong somewhere

JS_JC_FA18E and fza_ah64d_b2e are the ones im using to be exact. And it wont work on any map. Something has gone wrong somewhere

Have you tried a vanilla Arma vehicle

Yeah, still the same for some reason. The errors I got are above ^^ but don't understand them

Hi, everything is working like a charm with ALiVE, but Bornholm wont. Is there some optimization work going on?

Same problem on my end, Bornholm is such a beautiful map, and I'd love to get a good war going on it, but it seems it's too large with too many settlements and too much vegetation to allow for a good Alive fight.

We've just launched a 24/7 asymmetric insurgency-style @Alive mission on our public server and it's going down a storm.

But we're a bit lacking on information about IED's. Can anyone share on the following please:

- What circumstances trigger them? all pressure sensitive? all set-off by infantry, or some only by vehicles? remote detonation by trigger men?

- I read that you have to be an explosives expert or carry a mine detector to detect them... how do you detect (walk/crouch/crawl? to what distance? scroll mouse wheel to see message?)

- Can they be defused? How? With what equipment?

- What objects are IED's? all the same, or various? is there a list for admins to give examples to players?

- Are they placed only by roads?

- Do suicide bombers wear explosive vests that can be identified visually before it's too late?

- Do VBIED's make a bigger bang than roadside IED's?

Either you are using Bis dynamic groups or a bis repsawn template that is s overriding th player persistence. On start =0 for template.

Thanks Tupolov, to be honest I can't say for sure if we are or aren't using the functionality you mention. It's Alive Insurgency with some slight changes to allow the player side to be AAF (there are some hardcoded references to West and east) or Alive Insurgency fairly much out of the box with just some tweaks like setting default parameters to be where we like them but running a collection of mods and scripts so who knows what's in the pbo's or buried down in the guts of it. Does the Alive logistics reinforce options use dynamic groups? I am just thinking we use it and perhaps that affects this?

I did see your post over in the Alive forum's and while I didn't know I thought perhaps our issue was related which is why I asked if there was a chance for a hot-fix. But no dramas and we'll just continue as is until the next Alive patch and hope to see it go away. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "On start = 0 for template" by the way ??

Thank you too to the whole Alive team for their efforts and support. I do some work in the DCS space on scripts for the DCS community so understand somewhat how hard it can be at times.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

I didn't quite understand what you meant by "On start = 0 for template" by the way ??

He meant put

respawnOnStart = 0;

in the description.ext

1. Has anyone managed to have multiple spawnpoints with "respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};" becasuse when we rejoin the server after playing we dont spawn at our last location, instead we spawn at one random spawnpoint (we have a base spawn and 2 mhq) respawnOnStart = 0; does not stop this from happening, alive dosent load our persistent location.

2. In asymmetric mode, i have no controll over how many enemies spawn around us, there is always 50 or more enemys in total and it lags the server and makes it too hard, we want only a few to spawn at a time, how to fix that?

Edited by Hawken

For some reason all the ai seem to do now is recuitment hqs and weapon caches. were are the ied factories because i haven't ran in to a single ied yet no pun intended.

For some reason all the ai seem to do now is recuitment hqs and weapon caches. were are the ied factories because i haven't ran in to a single ied yet no pun intended.

Have you placed an IED module and synch'd it to the asymmetric commander?

Yeah I've yet to see an IED factory in nearly 50 hours of testing on N'Ziwasogo in my campaign that just kicked off today.

Weird. IED factories are far and above the most common installation type that I find.

Weird. IED factories are far and above the most common installation type that I find.

Depends on the hostility level of the civilians towards the insurgent side. If civilians are very hostile towards the insurgents then the insurgents will choose more deadly actions. If civilians are less hostile to the insurgent side then the insurgents will choose to recruit them and make use of them. Once the insurgents bully the civilians enough, they will start setting up recruitment HQ's.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

How do you actually set up the asymetric commander up? Do you need to fill the map with taor markers with enemy and civilians? And also i still cannot get the player combat support module to work. When i click confirm, nothing happens. I mentioned this a few pages back but still no luck with it. There is a rpt file above too if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks

Depends on the hostility level of the civilians towards the insurgent side. If civilians are very hostile towards the insurgents then the insurgents will choose more deadly actions. If civilians are less hostile to the insurgent side then the insurgents will choose to recruit them and make use of them. Once the insurgents bully the civilians enough, they will start setting up recruitment HQ's.

So if we set civilians as low hostility to Opfor (asymmetric), we will see few IED's? I thought IED's were aimed against Blufor. I'm a bit confused!

We've been playing and enjoying the inbuilt Sabotage mission, however we have a couple of questions, mostly relating to the safehouses.

It seems like every time we set up a safehouse, immediately the message comes saying that it has been detected by the enemy and they will attack within 30 minutes. Are we doing something wrong, or misunderstanding something? The description makes it sound like setting up safehouses is a core part of the mission; is it intended that they are always immediately detected?

And then, about five minutes after the safehouse is set up, enemies will come along and blow it up - this happens every time so far. So the safehouse gets ruined. Is this because we are choosing poor locations for the safehouses, or doing something else wrong?

Essentially, it seems like the safehouses are not very safe for us; they are always detected and attacked within minutes. And to make matters worse - if we have set the safehouse as our respawn point, and we die, then it will always be surrounded by enemies, and often we will be unable to leave as we just keep dying. And if we don't set up safehouses then it quickly gets very annoying having to drive / walk from the initial spawn point to wherever we have to sabotage...

Some suggestions would be good! Thanks.

We have a problem when starting a mission after playing, none of the alive markers are saved. We are saving everything the correct way but the markers are never on the map. Also if we clear a town that is closest to us and a bit more after it, the enemies always spawn in full numbers after starting the mission after we have played on it, vehicles and such are at the last place we left them so it should be saving then right?

Edit - Never mind, just me being stupid. Somehow i managed to screw up player data module hehe..

Edited by Hawken

i have seen this question asked but un answered. Can you use with Multispawn: Spawn on Squadleader, spawn on respawn_West marker AND Heli insert and have that show up in the respawn menu as options? Is that working if so ill ask what parameters are actually needing to be set cause ive added all it all in in the past and it only did what the module said to execute....

I don't think this would work with the BIS respawn templates, if that's what you are asking. That being said I've yet to try it out so it's possible I'm wrong :)

Anyone noticing Helo hovering over heli-marker back at base?

Has happened to me twice when i sent a CAS Heli RTB, and also when i did a transport RTB. The helo finds a marker, and then hovers about 1 or 2 meters above it.

FYI, i do have extra heli markers around the area so not sure if this is causing problems, but as i said the driver is picking a marker, he is just not landing all the way down.

This is in SP mission.

Occasionally helis will hover over an objective or destination - usually these are insertion choppers that are carrying reinforcements to the front lines. Sometimes they figure it out and fly away after dropping of troops, other times they get stuck (or they get stuck once RTBing). Also these choppers don't get virtualized by the AI module so leaving the area doesn't fix the problem. IMO this is most likely a BIS pilot issue, along the lines of helis not landing on helipads when there are objects nearby, but that is only a guess.

edit: related?

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74407

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75333

1. Has anyone managed to have multiple spawnpoints with "respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};" becasuse when we rejoin the server after playing we dont spawn at our last location, instead we spawn at one random spawnpoint (we have a base spawn and 2 mhq) respawnOnStart = 0; does not stop this from happening, alive dosent load our persistent location.

2. In asymmetric mode, i have no controll over how many enemies spawn around us, there is always 50 or more enemys in total and it lags the server and makes it too hard, we want only a few to spawn at a time, how to fix that?

1 - it's been a while but yes.. what you are describing happens when you use respawnTemplates and are testing your mission in SP editor. If this is happening on dedicated after you've saved to database please post your servers RPT file and ALIVE log.

How do you actually set up the asymetric commander up? Do you need to fill the map with taor markers with enemy and civilians? And also i still cannot get the player combat support module to work. When i click confirm, nothing happens. I mentioned this a few pages back but still no luck with it. There is a rpt file above too if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks

Please read this for more info with regards to setting up the asymmetric commander

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

With regards to your CS issues, please try using default BIS air assets on Stratis or Altis to make sure your setup is working properly. Note that some custom maps have improperly configured airfields and can cause issues with ALiVE air assets.

So if we set civilians as low hostility to Opfor (asymmetric), we will see few IED's? I thought IED's were aimed against Blufor. I'm a bit confused!

If you are BLUFOR, set civ hostility to Extreme towards BLUFOR and you will definitely see IEDs :)

Edited by SavageCDN

Occasionally helis will hover over an objective or destination - usually these are insertion choppers that are carrying reinforcements to the front lines. Sometimes they figure it out and fly away after dropping of troops, other times they get stuck (or they get stuck once RTBing). Also these choppers don't get virtualized by the AI module so leaving the area doesn't fix the problem. IMO this is most likely a BIS pilot issue, along the lines of helis not landing on helipads when there are objects nearby, but that is only a guess.

edit: related?

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/74407

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75333

Yes, not related to a spawn height issue but very well could be that i placed multiple helipads close together thats causing it or per notes. I'll play around moving them more apart. Should i place the module with a Helipad (empty object), or just the modules?

so i successfully made an asym mode for kunduz, everything WAS working great and then i open the editor to fix some things and now my c2istar gives me a horrible error message and the objectives spawn off the map alot(which has happened before but not like this). when a objective does spawn on the map, theres no garuntee anything will be there, except enemies even though im supposed to take care of a troop transport or somehting. does anyone have any ideas?? what is the reason my c2istar fails so hard? here is a picture of the error ive been getting from c2istar everytime an objective is set even if it doesnt show up on the mayp ?id=449398802

Great balls of snot I cant get this thing working period. Read the wiki on all the modules and used the schematics yet when I try and overide csat with rhs units they stay csat. And they spawn right in my hq which is Blacklisted in their drop downs....

ANyone got Takistan along side rhs units please give this a whirl and tell me why i dumb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62320088/Real%2520Alive%2520Try.Takistan.rar

Great balls of snot I cant get this thing working period. Read the wiki on all the modules and used the schematics yet when I try and overide csat with rhs units they stay csat. And they spawn right in my hq which is Blacklisted in their drop downs....

ANyone got Takistan along side rhs units please give this a whirl and tell me why i dumb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62320088/Real%2520Alive%2520Try.Takistan.rar

I'll give this a whirl tomorrow and have it re-uploaded for you. (Assuming nobody else does it first)