wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

If it doesn't create any negative impacts for anyone, is there any chance of getting a hot-fix for the persistence issue? We're finding that all our Alive insurgency missions don't persist past server shutdown so we either have to leave the server up (which is tricky as it's at one of our member's workplace and can get shutdown for real world reasons outside our control) or basically can't finish a mission. Don't get me wrong we're having fun anyway but it'd be nice to finish a map if we can.

By the way, the guy who runs the server wanted to know if it was possible to get a server script do an Alive server save and exit on a running mission? He was hoping to automate some of the stuff and wanted to avoid having to join the mission to shut it down properly.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Hey mate!

Which persistency issue are you referring to specifically?

I have a mish with Leighs OPFOR (including RHS) on Kunduz running with persistence and it saves virtual AI, all the asym installations and also cleared CQB sectors fine etc. without errors.

I assume you have the Warroom server setup correctly done and using the Database module? Are you getting any errors in the server RPT and/or the ALiVELog?

thanks

Ok sorry perhaps my mistake. I thought with the last A3 patch BI broke something that Alive persistence relied on? Not being able to dig through every piece of code in Alive Insurgency with full understanding I assumed that our persistency or lack of was due to this. No errors other than the IED one I mentioned, yes war room set up correctly and working previously without issue. Symptoms we see are rejoining a mission after the server has done a save & exit and starting back at base rather than where we were and with default loadouts rather than what we had chosen. If I have it wrong apologies, not trying to dump crap on anyone at all.

Hi, could someone help me? for some reason i cannot get the support modules to work. It is set up right and i can access the pda thing but the plane or chopper just wont take off

Hello,

I didnt use Alive since many months, I noticed big changes with names, links, ...

I have no more "player combat logistics", when I call reinforcement, it says that Logcom is still setting up.

Any idea ?

Thanks

5380062015052200001.jpg

My mission test:

6383392015052200002.jpg

Hello,

I didnt use Alive since many months, I noticed big changes with names, links, ...

I have no more "player combat logistics", when I call reinforcement, it says that Logcom is still setting up.

Any idea ?

Thanks

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/5380062015052200001.jpg

My mission test:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/6383392015052200002.jpg

Sounds like you may not have an objective. OPCOM requires atleast one military objective before being able to call in reinforcements.

i have seen this question asked but un answered. Can you use with Multispawn: Spawn on Squadleader, spawn on respawn_West marker AND Heli insert and have that show up in the respawn menu as options? Is that working if so ill ask what parameters are actually needing to be set cause ive added all it all in in the past and it only did what the module said to execute....

Sounds like you may not have an objective. OPCOM requires atleast one military objective before being able to call in reinforcements.

Hi,

Tanks for your reply,

I replace "Military Placement (Mil. Obj)" by "Military Placement (Cust. Obj":

- I have no more the previous message saying "logcom is still setting up"

But:

- on local pc (map editor): it works with heli insertion, not air drop > stay at 'stand by'

- on DS: the "player combat logistics" in ALiVE menu stays grey and unavailable

No problem with Player Combat Support (Helico & arty)

Anyone noticing Helo hovering over heli-marker back at base?

Has happened to me twice when i sent a CAS Heli RTB, and also when i did a transport RTB. The helo finds a marker, and then hovers about 1 or 2 meters above it.

FYI, i do have extra heli markers around the area so not sure if this is causing problems, but as i said the driver is picking a marker, he is just not landing all the way down.

This is in SP mission.

I have had success with disabling fatigue even when players respawn, however, now I am using the ALiVE Helicopter Insertion feature for Respawn the fatigue system kicks back in....grrrr

I have the basic respawn code on the Init file for respawning units, my question is......do I need a specific reference to the ALiVE respawn system?

I have had success with disabling fatigue even when players respawn, however, now I am using the ALiVE Helicopter Insertion feature for Respawn the fatigue system kicks back in....grrrr

I have the basic respawn code on the Init file for respawning units, my question is......do I need a specific reference to the ALiVE respawn system?

Shouldn't need anything special, just execute that code in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf. Is this the method you were using before?

Shouldn't need anything special, just execute that code in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf. Is this the method you were using before?

No I do not have the onPlayerRespawn.sqf. I only use a line of code in the missions .init file. How do I call the onPalyerRespawn script?

The ALiVE chopper insertion is working great but I have a quick moment when respawning units appear on the respawn_west marker before appearing in the chopper. Do I need to remove the respawn_west marker?

Do you have an example?

Many thanx

Edited by REAPER LOK

No I do not have the onPlayerRespawn.sqf. I only use a line of code in the missions .init file. How do I call the onPalyerRespawn script?

The ALiVE chopper insertion is working great but I have a quick moment when respawning units appear on the respawn_west marker before appearing in the chopper. Do I need to remove the respawn_west marker?

Do you have an example?

Many thanx

Make an sqf file in the root directory of your mission (same spot as the init.sqf)

name it onPlayerRespawn.sqf

in that file put your fatigue script, you can use player here since it calls locally

ex. player enableFatigue false;

Let me know if you can't get it to work and I'll whip up an example

Basically when you call the code in the init.sqf it only calls at mission start.. meaning it does not persist through respawn.

the onPlayerRespawn.sqf is executed locally on each player when they respawn

Oh, and I have no idea about the units appearing first on the respawn_west marker, but I wouldn't delete it.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

So is this essentially impossible to use unless you have a GOD rig? I can't really seem to use it beyond a very small battle without experiencing frame issues in which I end up going to about 20 fps. More ment for being placed on a server right?

So is this essentially impossible to use unless you have a GOD rig? I can't really seem to use it beyond a very small battle without experiencing frame issues in which I end up going to about 20 fps. More ment for being placed on a server right?

It's not really meant for SP no (but it's also not unplayable unless it's a really huge mission), if you want to play singleplayer with ALiVE with better performance you can set up a local server.

Of course you can play ALiVE in SP. Technically it doesnt matter, in SP all serverside operations are done on the players machine, simulating a server and client in one go. I do that all the time.

What you are very likely expierencing is the classic A3 performance issues with too many real AI present at the same time, as A3 only uses one main thread and only 1 CPU for AI operations.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS

I suggest to set up your missions in a way, that if you teleport around on the map for a test, that there are at max. 100 AI spawned at the same time, you may need to test the perfect matching numbers for your PC. Virtualized groups dont matter, only the real AI (spawned ones) count. We also have an AI limiter integrated, but i prefer some testing of my missions before and putting in the numbers with the settings on the module. In addition you can run a local dedicated server which results in even better performance for the client.

---------- Post added at 07:52 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

Another asymmetric question about the IED module sorry. The wiki notes seem to read that you sync an IED module to the AI commander module and then also place another one unsynced for random IEDs over the taor. I'm finding that we're seeing and error from Alive in the rpt file to the effect that you can only place one IED module. Can someone please advise if the statement in the wiki is correct and the error is in fact a warning or is there a bug in asymmetric at present that doesn't allow two IED modules? Debug seems to indicate that the second is true but I can't be certain.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

There can only be one IED module. Either sync it to AI commander (non ambient, used dynamically by the asym AI commander on certain occupied areas then) or dont sync it (will be ambient IEDs according to the module settings then).

Hope that helps

Make an sqf file in the root directory of your mission (same spot as the init.sqf)

name it onPlayerRespawn.sqf

in that file put your fatigue script, you can use player here since it calls locally

ex. player enableFatigue false;

Let me know if you can't get it to work and I'll whip up an example

Basically when you call the code in the init.sqf it only calls at mission start.. meaning it does not persist through respawn.

the onPlayerRespawn.sqf is executed locally on each player when they respawn

Oh, and I have no idea about the units appearing first on the respawn_west marker, but I wouldn't delete it.

Many thanx Spyder - things look like they are working well with the ALiVE Respawn system now. :) :)

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I know that others have replied, however, you could try.....

Dropping the amount of Groups active at any one given time (Like HighHead suggested), I think the default is 25 or 30 so reduce this to 12-18. You can still populate the map or TAOR marker with hundreds of troops but only certain numbers can now spawn at any given time. This is found in the Virtual AI System Module.

I would also look at the CQB placement modules and reduce the % to %5 or 10% and change pair to single.

Look at Spawn Supplies and change it to NO

Look at Spawn Ambient Vehicles and drop it to low or OFF

Also....reduce the overall spawn distance from player/s from the default 1500 to 800 (other spawn settings for when in a chopper etc also) I have ground units set to 1200 and Choppers set to 500 with Jets at 0.

This mod is very powerful and when you find your sweet spot for SP or MP dedi server can create dynamic and repayable missions.......keep experimenting and with the help of this thread and this community you will have success!! Good luck :)

Ok, maybe its since the last update but I am having problems getting the combat support to work. I place down the Player combat support module, and a combat support cas module and sync them together. My player has a laserdesignator on him and I can bring up the console. The problem is nothing will work from then on. I can choose the plane and the task and click on the map, but the plane will just not take off at all. Has something been added im not sure about?

Please could someone help me

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0acps7lh15pqd3/arma3_2015-05-23_13-28-22.rpt?dl=0

That's my rpt file. Near the bottom there are some CAS errors but im not sure what they are. Could someone tell me?

Edited by Killaway
Added rpt file

Ok, maybe its since the last update but I am having problems getting the combat support to work. I place down the Player combat support module, and a combat support cas module and sync them together. My player has a laserdesignator on him and I can bring up the console. The problem is nothing will work from then on. I can choose the plane and the task and click on the map, but the plane will just not take off at all. Has something been added im not sure about?

Please could someone help me

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0acps7lh15pqd3/arma3_2015-05-23_13-28-22.rpt?dl=0

That's my rpt file. Near the bottom there are some CAS errors but im not sure what they are. Could someone tell me?

Do you have the other required ALiVE Modules placed? I think you need at least the AI Commander (Old OPCOM) and at least one instance of a Mil placement (I use a custom Mil objective like a Small MG nest and place it hidden on the outer areas of the Map).

Does the Jet Engine start but not take off or just nothing?

Are you using the Default Jet classname for the Jet?

I have the required module down, virtual ai system, player options, military ai skill and dynamic weather. And obviously the player combat support etc. But I have no AI commander down I will try that now.

Nothing at all happens with the jet, just sits there and yes I use this jet on all missions, just for some reason now it wont work and I cannot make sense of the rpt file either lol

Even with mil ai commander and cust obj down it still doesn't work :(

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

ALiVE [m_8|90] Module ALiVE_mil_placement_custom INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.752991

13:50:04 ALiVE [m_9|160] Module ALiVE_sup_combatsupport INIT

13:50:04 Error in expression <kRunLB lbAdd _weapon;

} forEach weapons _veh;

} else {

lbClear _casAttackRunLB;>

13:50:04 Error position: <_veh;

} else {

13:50:04 Error Missing ;

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\ui\cas\fn_casTaskLbSelChanged.sqf, line 88

13:50:04 Error in expression <kRunLB lbAdd _weapon;

} forEach weapons _veh;

} else {

} else {

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\ui\cas\fn_casTaskLbSelChanged.sqf, line 88

13:50:04 Error in expression <l BIS_fnc_posToGrid;

_weapon = (weapons _veh) select (lbCurSel _casAttackRunLB);>

13:50:04 Error position: <_veh) select (lbCurSel _casAttackRunLB);>

13:50:04 Error Missing )

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\ui\cas\fn_casConfirmButton.sqf, line 33

13:50:04 Error in expression <l BIS_fnc_posToGrid;

_weapon = (weapons _veh) select (lbCurSel _casAttackRunLB);>

13:50:04 Error position: <_veh) select (lbCurSel _casAttackRunLB);>

13:50:04 Error Missing )

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\ui\cas\fn_casConfirmButton.sqf, line 33

13:50:04 Error in expression < _ammoCount, _count];

} foreach weapons _veh;

_ammoCount;>

_ammoCount;>

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\misc\fn_disableOtherWeapons.sqf, line 14

13:50:04 Error in expression < _ammoCount, _count];

} foreach weapons _veh;

_ammoCount;>

_ammoCount;>

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\misc\fn_disableOtherWeapons.sqf, line 14

13:50:04 Error in expression <ct _foreachindex];

};

} foreach weapons _veh;>

13:50:04 Error position: <_veh;>

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\misc\fn_reenableWeapons.sqf, line 9

13:50:04 Error in expression <ct _foreachindex];

};

} foreach weapons _veh;>

13:50:04 Error position: <_veh;>

13:50:04 File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\misc\fn_reenableWeapons.sqf, line 9

13:50:04 "FlexiMenu ADD: ALiVE_ui_display"

Ok sorry perhaps my mistake. I thought with the last A3 patch BI broke something that Alive persistence relied on? Not being able to dig through every piece of code in Alive Insurgency with full understanding I assumed that our persistency or lack of was due to this. No errors other than the IED one I mentioned, yes war room set up correctly and working previously without issue. Symptoms we see are rejoining a mission after the server has done a save & exit and starting back at base rather than where we were and with default loadouts rather than what we had chosen. If I have it wrong apologies, not trying to dump crap on anyone at all.

Either you are using Bis dynamic groups or a bis repsawn template that is s overriding th player persistence. On start =0 for template.

A quick question on the force Size. the Platoon(30) Does the 30 stand for the amount of groups or individuals.

A quick question on the force Size. the Platoon(30) Does the 30 stand for the amount of groups or individuals.

Its calculated by the force composition you choose and should give a rough estimate of the individuals!

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

I have the required module down, virtual ai system, player options, military ai skill and dynamic weather. And obviously the player combat support etc. But I have no AI commander down I will try that now.

Nothing at all happens with the jet, just sits there and yes I use this jet on all missions, just for some reason now it wont work and I cannot make sense of the rpt file either lol

Even with mil ai commander and cust obj down it still doesn't work :(

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Which class are you using in the class field on the synced Transport/Cas/Arty module, or which vehicle are you syncing to the main combatsupport module?

Im using the fa_18, for cas and the apache longbow for cas too.