wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

TFR works great, as does ACRE2. No reason why it should conflict with ALiVE.

TFR works great, as does ACRE2. No reason why it should conflict with ALiVE.

No problems for me with Task Force Radio either. Works great with ALiVE. The only issue I have ever had with TFR is when saving loadouts via the Virtual Arsenal and then importing them into the game via the playable character slots.....in these instances the Frequency changes three or four times as the game initializes and then again as players join in progress. This problem is NOT an ALiVE problem I am sure :)

Hey I have a question! And it's divided into multiple sub-questions, yay!

I've taken a break from the cold war gone hot kind of establishment and tried out this here fancy new assymetric warfare thing and I like it alot so far!

I tried it out on Kunduz with the Agressors pack and it really felt like I was out hunting insurgents. Very well done. When on Kunduz I got alot of info from civvies quite often. Now I'm trying to make the same thing on Altis with the RHS Insurgents, but so far I have not yet gotten the same kind of feel to it. I am (of course) covering the entire map as the insurgency TAOR and I have civilians set to 'High', but I very very rarely get the lovely feature of "Gather Intel", and when I do I get no intel. It pops to the map but it shows no target locations.

So, questions then:

1. What am I doing wrong?

I have Mil Placement, Civ Plavement and Mil CQB to cover the entire map of Altis synced to OPCOM.

I have an opcom set to Assymetric.

I have a marker covering the entire map that is the TAOR for the insurgents.

Everything seems to work like it's supposed to, except for the assymetric bit.

The RHS Insurgents are Side = Independent (or GUER, not really sure, but they are green anyways).

2. Is it possible to get the kind of intel (like IED facilities, training facilities and so on) from anything other than talking to civilians?

3. Does it make any difference how I approach the civilians? Guns down, guns drawn, smiling?

How do I destroy IED/Recruitment/roadblock etc facilities? Just blow them up with explosives? Do they remain part of the insurgency infrastructure? Like if I clear a town and blow the recruitment facility, is the insurgency dealt a blow or is it all really about just talking to civilians and lowering the threat level? If I lower the threat level all the way, will the facilities disappear?

How do I destroy IED/Recruitment/roadblock etc facilities? Just blow them up with explosives? Do they remain part of the insurgency infrastructure? Like if I clear a town and blow the recruitment facility, is the insurgency dealt a blow or is it all really about just talking to civilians and lowering the threat level? If I lower the threat level all the way, will the facilities disappear?

Yeah blowing up the facilities will lower the hostility level of the civilian settlement towards your side and raise it against the insurgents side, also they are taken out of the insurgents infrastructure after destruction.

If you patrol the area, and clear it from enemy forces also the hostility value will be lowered towards your side and raised against the insurgent sides. If the hostility level towards the insurgents of a settlement area is exceeded a certain threshold then the insurgents will destroy all their facilities and rush off. In short, there are several options!

So when I blow up a recruitment facility, the IEDs on the tables and stuff still remain. If the building is blown up is this considered "destroyed" or are we supposed to remove the spawned objects? Basically are you guys using like a "nearest building" marker and damage variable to determine if the site is still there or not, or is it reliant on the spawned objects?

Hey I have a question! And it's divided into multiple sub-questions, yay!

I've taken a break from the cold war gone hot kind of establishment and tried out this here fancy new assymetric warfare thing and I like it alot so far!

I tried it out on Kunduz with the Agressors pack and it really felt like I was out hunting insurgents. Very well done. When on Kunduz I got alot of info from civvies quite often. Now I'm trying to make the same thing on Altis with the RHS Insurgents, but so far I have not yet gotten the same kind of feel to it. I am (of course) covering the entire map as the insurgency TAOR and I have civilians set to 'High', but I very very rarely get the lovely feature of "Gather Intel", and when I do I get no intel. It pops to the map but it shows no target locations.

So, questions then:

1. What am I doing wrong?

I have Mil Placement, Civ Plavement and Mil CQB to cover the entire map of Altis synced to OPCOM.

I have an opcom set to Assymetric.

I have a marker covering the entire map that is the TAOR for the insurgents.

Everything seems to work like it's supposed to, except for the assymetric bit.

The RHS Insurgents are Side = Independent (or GUER, not really sure, but they are green anyways).

2. Is it possible to get the kind of intel (like IED facilities, training facilities and so on) from anything other than talking to civilians?

3. Does it make any difference how I approach the civilians? Guns down, guns drawn, smiling?

Ad 1. no clue, would have too look at the mission. Which bit isnt working btw. Is there an error?

Ad 2.

a. C2ISTAR module will display map intel according to your settings also for asym.

b. Toggle OPCOM installations in admin actions (prolly should rename it to AI commanders installations).

c. Talk to civis (you mentioned it)

Ad 3. You shouldnt kill any civis or the town will get hostile towards your side. Anything more detailed would spoil the gameplay prolly. If you really need to know, shoot me a PM.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

So when I blow up a recruitment facility, the IEDs on the tables and stuff still remain. If the building is blown up is this considered "destroyed" or are we supposed to remove the spawned objects? Basically are you guys using like a "nearest building" marker and damage variable to determine if the site is still there or not, or is it reliant on the spawned objects?

Its about the building, and if "the IEDs on the tables and stuff still remain" ist an A3 (config) issue, if a table isnt destroyed by explosives going off near them.

Will take a look though, if i can simply remove them somehow, without having to implement some dirty workaround.

Highhead, the only thing that feels like it's not working is when I get a "Gather intel" from a civilian and it switches to the map but nothing is marked on the map.

Does talking to civilians matter? I like it, but does it make a difference?

Talking to civs may raise or lower hostility levels. If you turn debug on and repeatedly talk to them, you can see the levels change.

Asymmetric is designed with realistic counter insurgency operations in mind. You are not given too much intel for "free" merely by talking to civs or via magic map markers. You have to work as a player to build up a picture of what they're up to, use ISTAR assets like UAVs to id pattern of life, observe civilians so you can tell the difference between normal and abnormal, place map markers and sitreps to keep a log so you can narrow down where they are operating, then move in to strike with available assets. As in reality, it's a game of strategy and intelligence.

Yes, thank you. All I'm actually asking at this point is if everything is working as intended if i get the option to "Gather Intel" from a civilian, and the map pops up but nothing is marked on it?

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 ----------

...even though I can see many of them via "toggle opcom installations".

I just download version 0.9.8.1505111.

I looked at the quick start guide, and talk about putting core module in it.

" 1.Place an ALIVE (Required) module

2.Place an Virtual AI System module

3.Place an Player Options module "

But I don't see it in the modules section

The Alive Required is called Requires Alive under Alive Systems, is correct? Are the name different from the quickstart and ingame?

I'm confused. There is also a demo mission inside the download, but it says something about deleted mod c2istar or something. I downloaded from alivemod website

Did I miss some step somewhere?

Problem fixed. I had an older Alive modfolder laying around.

Edited by Mr_Centipede

Is there a feature built into @Alive which counts the number of civilians killed by Players (or Blufor) with perhaps a variable that can be accessed within code?

I've got a script which works on Editor placed units (dedicated server, mp), but it doesn't work on @Alive Civ's (Civilian Population/Placement modules) because they are virtualised at the time of script initialisation, so don't get their killed event handlers attached.

Is there a feature built into @Alive which counts the number of civilians killed by Players (or Blufor) with perhaps a variable that can be accessed within code?

I've got a script which works on Editor placed units (dedicated server, mp), but it doesn't work on @Alive Civ's (Civilian Population/Placement modules) because they are virtualised at the time of script initialisation, so don't get their killed event handlers attached.

Nothing that's been documented... there is an internal variable for casualties which might log civ deaths.. waiting on a dev to look into it.

just a quick question i set up a mission on kunduz and me and 3 friends are using the asymmetric op commander for the insurgents they seem to just go into town recruit near enough everyone and then start a right royal barnie with us just openly engaging us is it because they have the numerical advantage and thus take it upon themselves to be a fair bit mean

It's because they're grammar nazis. Also try starting with a smaller sized enemy in the Placement modules if you want it to go slower.

Talking to civs may raise or lower hostility levels. If you turn debug on and repeatedly talk to them, you can see the levels change.

Asymmetric is designed with realistic counter insurgency operations in mind. You are not given too much intel for "free" merely by talking to civs or via magic map markers. You have to work as a player to build up a picture of what they're up to, use ISTAR assets like UAVs to id pattern of life, observe civilians so you can tell the difference between normal and abnormal, place map markers and sitreps to keep a log so you can narrow down where they are operating, then move in to strike with available assets. As in reality, it's a game of strategy and intelligence.

It would be really helpful if there was a description of the design behind this mode and all it has to offer and different ways to play it. WHen it was released, the wiki had some detail, but i come to find out a lot more reading posts that are shared through time. For example, i wasnt aware that blowing up the buildings is what destroys their installations. I also didnt know that you can help a zone out by being friendly and patrolling areas.

Also as i am reading more into it, i used the template which uses the CQB but if you want zones to be built randomly, it might be best to not use this so you're not in constant battle every city.

Just small stuff like this would be helpful if documented all in one place. Maybe i'm missing it :)

It would be really helpful if there was a description of the design behind this mode and all it has to offer and different ways to play it. WHen it was released, the wiki had some detail, but i come to find out a lot more reading posts that are shared through time. For example, i wasnt aware that blowing up the buildings is what destroys their installations. I also didnt know that you can help a zone out by being friendly and patrolling areas.

Also as i am reading more into it, i used the template which uses the CQB but if you want zones to be built randomly, it might be best to not use this so you're not in constant battle every city.

Just small stuff like this would be helpful if documented all in one place. Maybe i'm missing it :)

When you sync the CQB module to an asymmetric commander it caches CQB zones until they are captured by insurgents. When it is captured by insurgents then CQB units will spawn in the area.

When you sync the CQB module to an asymmetric commander it caches CQB zones until they are captured by insurgents. When it is captured by insurgents then CQB units will spawn in the area.

thanks for this. i think i found my issue as i had two cqb enabled! More testing :)

Need a little help with Blacklisting some Vehicles with ALiVE. I have read and attempted to implement the line of code to Blacklist all of the Taru Choppers and Transport Choppers (when they spawn they only fly about and never transport anything - drop off troops - or in any way that I see have use, lol).

I entered the code line in the Init fields of the ALiVE Modules (as per the instructions)....but no joy! Do I need to do something specific with the TAOR markers (do the TAOR makers need to be in the code line)?

Transport Choppers everywhere......the noise, the processing power being wasted ;)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JCae2798 - all that is indeed in the guide for asymmetric warfare (linked front and centre in big bold letters on the front page of the wiki). Scroll down to the hints for Security Forces in particular. It's quite a long read but it is comprehensive. Albeit it doesn't explicitly mention blowing up factories to remove them but I kinda assumed that was common sense!

Reaper - TAOR markers won't have any impact on blacklisting specific units. This'>http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists]This page describes what you need to do. Make sure you cover both individual units and any groups that include those units.

Can someone provide a video that best details all the feature of ALIVE and how to properly use the mod?

JCae2798 - all that is indeed in the guide for asymmetric warfare (linked front and centre in big bold letters on the front page of the wiki). Scroll down to the hints for Security Forces in particular. It's quite a long read but it is comprehensive. Albeit it doesn't explicitly mention blowing up factories to remove them but I kinda assumed that was common sense!

Reaper - TAOR markers won't have any impact on blacklisting specific units. This'>http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists]This page describes what you need to do. Make sure you cover both individual units and any groups that include those units.

I have used the Wiki and have copied and pasted the code with only changing the classnames out. How do I go about removing those darn transport choppers...grrr I followed the instructions and the spawn 100% of the time on every airfield all over the map!

Is there a 'group' classname that I am missing for those Taru Choppers?

How do you 'Stop & Search' the civilians described in assymetric warfare? I played as AAF, and the assymetric AI is the Blufor FIA. When I walked up to a civilian, nothing happned, no action menu or anything to search or whatever... Is there something I did wrong somewhere?

How do you 'Stop & Search' the civilians described in assymetric warfare? I played as AAF, and the assymetric AI is the Blufor FIA. When I walked up to a civilian, nothing happned, no action menu or anything to search or whatever... Is there something I did wrong somewhere?

But put down the ALiVE ambient civilian population and placement modules, right? :)

Edited by highhead
fuckn ipad spellings