wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Have you tried disabling the Performance options in the data module?

Ok just tried it, same problem. Reload the mission and it's as if I've restarted it.

Just wondered if it is possible to add a particular item to the boxes dropped/inserted via player combat logistics? I am guessing if it is possible then you would do it via the init of the module??? I'm not the greatest coder so if it is possible can someone provide a simple example too please?

I guess something else the players on our groups server have commented on is that it would really be helpful to be able to request the air dropped boxes to have a smoke or chem light /flare/IR strobe be attached to the box and be able to nominate them to activate either on landing or say when it gets to 200 m altitude as it is extremely easy to lose sight of it when it drops into heavy woods or very rough terrain especially in low or no light situations. Not sure if that is possible or not or considered a good idea by others but I promised I would pass the feedback on next time I posted here.

Thank you to all the people working on Alive it really makes a huge difference to our A3 experience.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Quick stupid question here, is it possible that Transport Combat Module starts spawning AI while flying arround?

Hey mate!

It depends on what setting you got for "helicopterspawn range" on the AI modules (virtual AI system, civis and CQB)!

enjoy

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Same here....until recently. The Red Guerrillas work fine, however the FIA = no bueno!

Not sure how, cuz INd_G_F never had groups defined!

Just an idea, but you should also have it so the militants look like civies and will attack you then hide there weapons when you get close to them, and maybe have caches that they protect for you to find. I love playing missions when you are patrolling more then then knowing exactly where they are and fighting constantly. AWESOME MOD THO! I have not seen better, not even close! Is there a place where I can donate to your cause ? So far I try to mimic that by placing a lot of civs to a very little number of militants.

Edited by 3lockad3

Hey everyone I'm rather new to ALiVE and had a couple of question.

1. Exactly why can't I save a mission in singleplayer (yes, I'm a ware that you can change that setting), but why does it give out a memory error, and are there any plans on fixing that issue/limitation in the future?

2.How does saving a mission in Multiplayer as an admin work? I created a rather large scenario on Island Panthera, played for about an hour, clicked save & exit in the little ALiVE menu, but when I later went to load that scenario it restarted it, how to I use the save function?

Stonehouse - good ideas. Please can you stick a feature request on our tracker at Dev Heaven: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

3lockad3 - Civs that have been recruited by the insurgency will already do this. If you set the hostility to your side to Extreme in the civ placement module, you'll see more insurgent activity from civilians (including IED factories etc). There's a big donate button on our website at alivemod.com! All donations go directly to keeping the persistent server alive and gratefully received.

mal7house - SP saves is a limitation of the RV engine. It simply can't handle the amount of data being generated in a typical ALiVE mission. Details of how to set up and use the persistent database are on our wiki here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

Has anyone got units working from the Veteran mod? I am trying to get their ISIL units (trying to cut down on the number of packs) and putting "03vtn_insurgents_isil" doesn't seem to work but it seems that is the correct faction name. If not, how could I make them work? (I know it has something to do with a config but thats about it :) )

Can someone please give/link me a tutorial of how to create a private, local ALiVE sever?

Thank you, again, friznit2. I'll check it out.

Stonehouse - good ideas. Please can you stick a feature request on our tracker at Dev Heaven: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

3lockad3 - Civs that have been recruited by the insurgency will already do this. If you set the hostility to your side to Extreme in the civ placement module, you'll see more insurgent activity from civilians (including IED factories etc). There's a big donate button on our website at alivemod.com! All donations go directly to keeping the persistent server alive and gratefully received.

mal7house - SP saves is a limitation of the RV engine. It simply can't handle the amount of data being generated in a typical ALiVE mission. Details of how to set up and use the persistent database are on our wiki here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

I feel stupid now as I was just playing with that ciz module the other day and actually had that module set the way you said, however, I had a military with it too, guess I just didn't think to drop that module alone. Thank you for your response, I have to check to see if you allow persistence in sp, If so I will register to your war room. My unit disbanded so I'm rocking alone now cuz most servers I see are littered with kids not even old enough for the rating of the game. However, thank you for your reply. Have a good one brotha and thank you for the clarity in the absence of my creativity.

Question about Civilian Placement/Population. Is it possible to have multiple TAORs that have different faction hostility? i.e. The civilians in Oreokestro will shoot/attack BLUFOR on sight but the civilians in Kavala are friendly to BLUFOR.

Thanks for the input on the IND_G_F question.

Edited by sagjangi

Hello there !

I notified that the Transport Module takes a lot of performance on an Ubuntu dedicated server, sometimes make the whole server lag and stucking everyone in the chopper in midair. Is this an already know issue ? Force size by the BLUFOR OPCOM is 100MP+100CP and the OPFOR OPCOM is set to 200CP. Profile limiter is set to 35 and civilian limiter is set to 20, profiling distance is set to 1500m for infantry only (choppers & jet spawn disabled), CQB spawn distance is set to 1000m.

Processor Intel Xeon E3 1225v2

Cores/Threads 4 cores/ 4 threads

Frequency 3.2 GHz+

RAM 16 GB DDR3

Disks 2 x 2 TB SATA

RAID Soft

Network connection 1 Gbps

Bandwidth 250 Mbps

Traffic Unlimited

IPv4 1

IPv6 /64

Here is our config file:

language="English";

MinBandwidth=104857600;

MaxBandwidth=1073741824;

MaxMsgSend=384;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;

MinErrorToSend=0.003;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

class sockets

{

maxPacketSize=1400;

};

serverLongitude=-2;

serverLatitude=54;

serverLongitudeAuto=-2;

serverLatitudeAuto=54;

Cheers !

I have to check to see if you allow persistence in sp, If so I will register to your war room.

The only way this is possible is if you setup a local dedicated server (or one running on the same PC) and connect to it with your client. You can try saving in SP however this is not officially supported and often crashes Arma (and won't work with war room persistence).

Question about Civilian Placement/Population. Is it possible to have multiple TAORs that have different faction hostility? i.e. The civilian's in Oreokestro will shoot/attack BLUFOR on sight but the civilians in Kavala are friendly to BLUFOR.

AFAIK this is not possible at the moment

I notified that the Transport Module takes a lot of performance on an Ubuntu dedicated server, sometimes make the whole server lag and stucking everyone in the chopper in midair. Is this an already know issue ? Force size by the BLUFOR OPCOM is 100MP+100CP and the OPFOR OPCOM is set to 200CP. Profile limiter is set to 35 and civilian limiter is set to 20, profiling distance is set to 1500m for infantry only (choppers & jet spawn disabled), CQB spawn distance is set to 1000m.

This is odd I've never heard of this problem.. seems way too specific though.. how do you know it's the transport module causing it? Also is this something new since 1.44 update yesterday?

Check your CQB module and see if the spawn setting for helis is set (ie: not zero) - could be those units spawning in that are causing the lag (especially if CQB is set to spawn units on clients).

hi im using the aysemtric warfare set up with alive what would you say is the best size force to have set in the civ and mil objectives as i want it to be realistic as last night playing with freinds we hit a town and it turned near enough into Zulu with tonnes of ai stood on hills

It really depends on the size of the map you are playing on and the number of objectives available. Personally I enjoy setting the number of OPFOR groups fairly low at the start and letting them recruit civs to bolster their numbers. The only real way to find out is to test with debug on and watch the battle unfold.

Make sure you use the CQB module synced to the Asym AI Commander as well - this will add CQB guys in buildings that you have to clear.. in addition to the patrol groups. You can even turn on red/green squares like old school Insurgency!

Okay so Savage. if say i made a server where the map is set to Asym....with low numbers....if i turn on debug on which module to watch them recruit civis....i havent see one civi put a gun up but i have everything setup as requested.....i am use the Opfor FIA and Stock BIS civis on Zargabad...while they occupy the city and surrounding villages well....i cant say ive feelthe civlian asymmetric presence... could the map itself effect this? ill start of with much lower numbers and see what we can conjour up on this next go....

I figured out the IND_G_F "problem". IND_G_F in the MIL/CIV Placement Module is controlled by the AAF faction the AI Commander Module. I was putting IND_G_F in the AI Commander Module.

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Question about Civilian Placement/Population. Is it possible to have multiple TAORs that have different faction hostility? i.e. The civilians in Oreokestro will shoot/attack BLUFOR on sight but the civilians in Kavala are friendly to BLUFOR.

Does this already happen with different TAORs? The Population Module simply sets starting hostility while different TAORs gain/lose hostility independently over time?

Okay so Savage. if say i made a server where the map is set to Asym....with low numbers....if i turn on debug on which module to watch them recruit civis....i havent see one civi put a gun up but i have everything setup as requested.....i am use the Opfor FIA and Stock BIS civis on Zargabad...while they occupy the city and surrounding villages well....i cant say ive feelthe civlian asymmetric presence... could the map itself effect this? ill start of with much lower numbers and see what we can conjour up on this next go....

My 'test map' for civ stuff is usually Koplic - well made, great FPS, good spread of towns, etc. Sometimes the AiA/ATP maps can be a bit weird so I usually recommend stock BIS or A3 maps (ie: with no A2 objects) when testing stuff like this.

If you have debug on and see the Insurgent locations and installations (ie: recruit HQ, Depot, etc) in red then things should be working. I can't say I've seen hordes of civs running around with weapons but I have seen some... remember it takes time for the Insurgents to build up the infrastructure. Test in SP editor and run at 4x speed... .get a good 60 to 90 minutes into the mission and things should be humming right along.

Also remember there are still a few bugs with this system and the upcoming release (soonâ„¢) should address these.

I figured out the IND_G_F "problem". IND_G_F in the MIL/CIV Placement Module is controlled by the AAF faction the AI Commander Module. I was putting IND_G_F in the AI Commander Module.

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Does this already happen with different TAORs? The Population Module simply sets starting hostility while different TAORs gain/lose hostility independently over time?

Thanks for reporting your fix with IND_G_F. With regards to the civ hostility you are correct the hostility levels will change during the mission depending on various factors.

In regards to town specific hostility.. turn on asymmetric debug so you can see the hostility for each section and then find a civilian in a town that is of a certain class (ie. Politician,priest) and just start spamming the "talk to" feature for like 2 minutes. Then just wait a short while and watch the hostility for that town skyrocket.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

That is only one of the factors that can affect hostility levels of course.

Question regarding multispawn:

If I want to set an object (ammo box, or a marker attached to an object) would ALiVE allow for multiple respawns locations? Ie, you can either spawn at marker 1, or 2?

Question regarding multispawn:

If I want to set an object (ammo box, or a marker attached to an object) would ALiVE allow for multiple respawns locations? Ie, you can either spawn at marker 1, or 2?

I believe I remember seeing somewhere on the ALiVE forums somewhere that someone had gotten ALiVE's multispawn to work with Arma 3's spawn menu. So yes, I think it is possible to at least have an option to respawn at multiple locations.

In regards to town specific hostility.. turn on asymmetric debug so you can see the hostility for each section and then find a civilian in a town that is of a certain class (ie. Politician,priest) and just start spamming the "talk to" feature for like 2 minutes. Then just wait a short while and watch the hostility for that town skyrocket.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

That is only one of the factors that can affect hostility levels of course.

Awesome. Thanks for the tip!

So it appears they have slowed down with the updates for Kunduz Afghanistan map, has anyone indexed this map for alive yet?

Also is there and tutorials out there for indexing maps?