wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

If the AI doesn't build IED factories, can they still use IEDs?

I've got it synced to the asymmetric commander but I don't see any IED factories on N'Ziwasogo. Just Recruit, Depot, Roadblock.

IED Factories only get built up in objectives at least 500m in size. This is being changed next patch to I believe 200m. They also take quite a while before beginning to get built.

I let it run for probably 16 hours of game time and I didn't see any popup.

However I'm not really sure if they captured a 500m objective.

Hi guys, don't suppose I could get a list of ports I need to have open on our server for it to connect properly to the ALiVE Database for persistence. Someone mentioned a few pages back that with certain providers (i.e NFO) you have to call them to get some ports opened.

Sorry missed that post... HTTP port 80 is all you need for DB connection

guys just want to ask , will we ever witness any improvements to the OPCOM? the current OPCOM uses the same techniques as the old one i don't see much difference the OPCOM actually needs an update the way the OPCOM manages and fight in both occupation and invasion is quite frankly very small i don't know if what i will suggest is possible to include in the current ARMA III's engine but i like to suggest a better OPCOM for ALiVE as OPCOM is the heart of the mod maybe a bigger battles? a more armored waves supported with mechanized infantry in invasion mode? and a true defensive lines in occupation mode? will we ever see such thing in next ALiVE updates + a actual recon squads ( SFs ) roaming behind enemy lines looking for important targets to eliminate or looking for enemy movements and heading\convoys to share info with HQs and the last will take the right decision to defend or attack or an logistic routes\lines that the factions will use it to support their forces in the frontlines so one can attack those routes and take control of it to eliminate support which helps in winning battles ( or OPCOM will try to attack those support routes not only players ) i would love to see things like this in ALiVE as i use alive more than i shower :D please this is just my suggestion don't understand me wrong :)

i would love to see things like this in ALiVE as i use alive more than i shower

... or proper punctuation :)

Hi,

Is it possible to have a custom objective in which AI profiles are distributed randomly across the custom objective's size/radius?

For example, on Altis, there are a few areas which Alive does not recognize as a civilian or military area (despite having civilian or military buildings). The only way I believe one can add AI/profiles to that area is to create a custom objective with defined AI placement (infantry, spec ops, etc.); however, the AI get spawned in a very tight area (as opposed to randomly across a define TAOR).

Thanks!

Edited by The_Asset

Is there support for the INDEPENDENT Guerrilla faction? Something like IND_G_F?

I have had no luck with this faction......just says no FACTION in the OPCOM etc etc.

I have had no luck with this faction......just says no FACTION in the OPCOM etc etc.

Yeah, that has been my experience as well.

---------- Post added at 01:53 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

Any plans for this ALiVE guys?!

Hi,

Is it possible to have a custom objective in which AI profiles are distributed randomly across the custom objective's size/radius?

For example, on Altis, there are a few areas which Alive does not recognize as a civilian or military area (despite having civilian or military buildings). The only way I believe one can add AI/profiles to that area is to create a custom objective with defined AI placement (infantry, spec ops, etc.); however, the AI get spawned in a very tight area (as opposed to randomly across a define TAOR).

Thanks!

That's actually quite a good idea... One of the key features I'd like to see more of is patrolling units OUTSIDE of key landmarks (mil/civ areas).

I quite liked the old random patrol convoy gadget - but even that sticks to roads.. What would be great would be a few more random encounters out on no-man's land.

It's supposed to be officially supported... seems that is no longer the case if multiple people are reporting the "no faction" error. Will test and open a ticket.

Has always worked for me... Used the Guerrillas loads in my scenarios..

Has always worked for me... Used the Guerrillas loads in my scenarios..

Same here....until recently. The Red Guerrillas work fine, however the FIA = no bueno!

Hmmm weird.. I wonder if BIS changed something ?

Any links to some really good ALIVE SP templates or missions preferably from Insurgent POV?

Any links to some really good ALIVE SP templates or missions preferably from Insurgent POV?

Templates/Example missions can be found on their website and should come with the mod (in showcases and scenarios). I have made a few from the insurgent perspective with custom scripts to fill it out but they are so overflowing with mod content it's not even worth releasing.

Quick stupid question here, is it possible that Transport Combat Module starts spawning AI while flying arround?

Nope. UAVs will, but Transport Helis from the Combat Support module won't.

Having trouble finding my Aliveserver.log. I've checked everywhere it usually is (I think) and I've also checked where my NLog.config says it is (fileName="${specialfolder:LocalApplicationData}/Arma 3/AliveServer.log") and I can't find it at all. Any ideas?

Persistence just doesn't seem to work at all. Everything is set up mission side, the mission is connecting no problem to the war room and working with stats but it just doesn't save when I do Server Save and Exit (It does, but when we reload the same mission everything has reset.)

I'm on an NFO Virtual Machine and HTTP Port 80 is open.

Having trouble finding my Aliveserver.log. I've checked everywhere it usually is (I think) and I've also checked where my NLog.config says it is (fileName="${specialfolder:LocalApplicationData}/Arma 3/AliveServer.log") and I can't find it at all. Any ideas?

Persistence just doesn't seem to work at all. Everything is set up mission side, the mission is connecting no problem to the war room and working with stats but it just doesn't save when I do Server Save and Exit (It does, but when we reload the same mission everything has reset.)

I'm on an NFO Virtual Machine and HTTP Port 80 is open.

Have you tried disabling the Performance options in the data module?