wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Have setup a mission on takistan with RHS 0.3.7 and ALIVE and it's working well.

Server has been working for 12 hours or so.

Mine is working fine aswell. I remember seeing somewhere that RHS units don't have distance LOD's and that can cause performance issues when a lot of units are spawned in. This is just a shot in the dark and may not even be an issue anymore but if it is then it might be the cause.

hi

i love the new asymmetric warfare , the only thing is does anyboby know how those iedfactories work ? never saw one

debug is on

playing vanilla

hi

i love the new asymmetric warfare , the only thing is does anyboby know how those iedfactories work ? never saw one

debug is on

playing vanilla

Still having this issue to. Removed all other mods apart from Cba and no ied factory or ieds appearing.

Still having this issue to. Removed all other mods apart from Cba and no ied factory or ieds appearing.

I'm seeing like one a mission, generally comes in pretty late (1-2 hours of realtime testing)

I'm getting a strange error in trying to create a mission where two factions compete for control of a given area and I keep getting this error once I had added the second AI commander synced to a logistics module

"ALIVE ML - warning no OPCOM modules synced to military logistics module, nothing to do..."

Which is patently untrue as I have two separate military commander modules synced to military logistics modules, it only happened once I had added the second ai commander/logistics module that this started.

Is your 2nd AI Commander on the same side as the first? Also double-check and make sure your logistics modules are synced and not grouped.

I'm seeing like one a mission, generally comes in pretty late (1-2 hours of realtime testing)

Gonna be testing this over the weekend - can you confirm you did see IED factories and IEDs? I ran for about an hour last night and got everything but... will try a longer test.

Edited by SavageCDN

I killed a town leader.... accidentally .... But I was still able to talk to him

It doesn't remove the addaction

From dead civs

When I put down a military placement module, it spawns the faction in every single military base found, so the entire map is filled with that faction. Regardless if I have a marker designated or not. And if I do, same thing happens. Anyone know why this is happening? Renders the mod useless for me.

When I put down a military placement module, it spawns the faction in every single military base found, so the entire map is filled with that faction. Regardless if I have a marker designated or not. And if I do, same thing happens. Anyone know why this is happening? Renders the mod useless for me.

What map? If all you do is place a military placement, that is what will happen. Likewise, a military civilian placement will occupy each town on the map. Use TAORs (as well as blacklist and whitelist) to confine where they spawn. A bit outdated but I highly recommend you watch the tutorial videos: http://alivemod.com/#Media

Edited by Oktyabr

My guess is that you mis-typed the TAOR marker name in the module as that system does indeed work. Not assigning a TAOR in the placement module will indeed populate the entire map.

If not we'll need some more info on your mission setup and/or RPT files.

Gonna be testing this over the weekend - can you confirm you did see IED factories and IEDs? I ran for about an hour last night and got everything but... will try a longer test.

I saw a single(one only) factory and it was built in the exact same sector every time I ran the mission. The only places I see IED's are at ambush points (the AI place charges aswell so it ends up being kinda wierd). I'm also not sure if it's a bug or just not implemented yet but the IED factory does not use the IED factory composition, it simply places a wooden table with an ied on it.

I'll be testing a lot this weekend aswell so I'll keep reporting in.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

I killed a town leader.... accidentally .... But I was still able to talk to him

It doesn't remove the addaction

From dead civs

This is already reported on their DH page Edited by SpyderBlack723

My guess is that you mis-typed the TAOR marker name in the module as that system does indeed work. Not assigning a TAOR in the placement module will indeed populate the entire map.

If not we'll need some more info on your mission setup and/or RPT files.

Thanks for the response.

I've broken it down to the basic modules, just trying to spawn a small platoon on a base, i've simplified and changed the name of the marker/TAOR multiple times and i'm following the main tutorial and even watching the spanish one I can't understand to find a solution. I just have the mod and the CBA active.

Thanks for the response.

I've broken it down to the basic modules, just trying to spawn a small platoon on a base, i've simplified and changed the name of the marker/TAOR multiple times and i'm following the main tutorial and even watching the spanish one I can't understand to find a solution. I just have the mod and the CBA active.

Hi Parakon!

If you are only using ALiVE and CBA, then upload the mission (including some readme.txt, of what you wanna achieve) somewhere - i will take a look at it!

Always there for you

re: IEDs and IED factories

Insurgents will first create an IED factory (this can take some time) then more time for IEDs to get created and 'picked up' by insurgents... sometimes this can be over an hour before it happens. Other things like ambushes, recruitment centres and depots get created as early as 10-15 minutes after mission start. It needs enemy units to start with though so you need at least one MP/CP module with some bad guys spawned in.

Also note IEDs are only created in enemy occupied areas, not in friendly ones

Also for next update:

i changed that in dev already to spawn more IEDs and Sabotage missions - basically it only sets up an IED factory in objectives > 200m in size
Edited by SavageCDN

re: IEDs and IED factories

Insurgents will first create an IED factory (this can take some time) then more time for IEDs to get created and 'picked up' by insurgents... sometimes this can be over an hour before it happens. Other things like ambushes, recruitment centres and depots get created as early as 10-15 minutes after mission start. It needs enemy units to start with though so you need at least one MP/CP module with some bad guys spawned in.

Also for next update:

Thanks for the followup Savage (and Highead), could there possible be an option for IED factories in smaller objectives in the future? I feel like 500m might really limit some maps.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Is there somewhere i can download an older version of alive? I've tried everything multiple times and it isn't working. If someone has a repository link or the file themselves it'd be much appreciated.

Edited by Parakon

Is there somewhere i can download an older version of alive? I've tried everything multiple times and it isn't working. If someone has a repository link or the file themselves it'd be much appreciated.

PlayWithSix allows downloading of older versions

Tried version 0.68 as well with the same result. Utterly confused as to what it could be but it's a bummer. I was hyped up for this mod, oh well. I'm sure I can work around it.

Tried version 0.68 as well with the same result. Utterly confused as to what it could be but it's a bummer. I was hyped up for this mod, oh well. I'm sure I can work around it.

As HH mentioned please post a link to your vanilla (CBA, ALiVE) mission and we'll check it out.

Thanks for the followup Savage (and Highead), could there possible be an option for IED factories in smaller objectives in the future? I feel like 500m might reLly limit some maps.

Good point it's been reduced to 200m (note this is in the dev version of alive.. yet to be released).

Fixed it, knew it was on my end somehow. Turned steam updates back on.. embarrassing. Just didn't work with my earlier version of arma. Thanks for all the help despite my bumble folks. Keep up the good work.

Fixed it, knew it was on my end somehow. Turned steam updates back on.. embarrassing. Just didn't work with my earlier version of arma. Thanks for all the help despite my bumble folks. Keep up the good work.

We've all been there :p

Thanks for reporting back with the fix!

Edited by SavageCDN
imma cant spelling

Good point it's been reduced to 200m (note this is in the dev version of alive.. yet to be released).

Yea I figured that's what the quote at the bottom of your last post meant but couldn't edit since I was on mobile..looking forward to it.

After a full day of playing with this I have to say by far this is the best mod to date with its functions.

Great work! I built like 4 missions like I was putting a pot of coffee on. NICE!

<edit> sorry disregard post below - just had it happen on an old co-op mission I hadn't tried for months so it can't be an Alive issue only. ie problem is on my end somewhere

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on this one. After about a 8-12 month layoff from Arma3 starting back up again and from what I have seen so far I am having an issue with Alive - possibly Alive Insurgency although haven't tested enough yet - and TS3. It seems that when I hit the continue button from the map as either host or client on an Alive based mission I get disconnected from TS3 and cannot log back in for several minutes even if I end TS3 and restart it. After a few mins I can log back in to TS3 and everything is fine. Non Alive based missions so far do not seem to have this issue. I recall from MSO days that there was an automatic check for ACRE and wondered if it was possible that somehow the current Alive version of this (I think it is still in there and possibly Task Force radio now too??) could somehow be causing the issue? As I said so far non Alive missions and other games do not display this behaviour only Alive based ones and possibly only Alive Insurgency as that is mainly what the group I play with has been doing and I wasn't paying attention when it first happened to me. Hoping to get time this weekend to build a simple non Insurgency Alive mission and test whether it happens then or not.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Edited by Stonehouse

I've been playing around with the new Asymmetrical behaviour for the AI commander, but one thing I have noticed when using All In ArmA is that Recruitment HQ's are often blocked off one way or another by the furniture spawning. Sometimes the building itself might be completely be sealed off with furniture in the doorways or I'm able to enter the building but a staircase or room might be blocked by furniture, meaning I have to move it out of the way to get inside.

It's a small thing to move it out the way, I just wondered if anyone else has this experience when using the Asymmetrical AI Commander with AiA?

Yes and I'd like to suggest the water cooler be fired into the sun.

Nothing like walking into a terrorist recruitment center in the middle of the jungle to see a water cooler. I don't think a whole lot can be done with the furniture spawning as it does since they're mods conflicting with each other.