wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Well I just knocked down my total mods to virtually nothing except AIA and sahrani still conks out to the desktop.

However, I noticed that if I turn down the force size to 60 and set the mil placement to ignore small/medium objectives, the total number of objectives is reduced from 14-15 to two. as my TAOR is only the southern part of sahrani, and it DOES NOT crash if only two objectives persist.

I definitely think it has something to do with system resources now, as the very same mission prior to 1.42 used to work fine, and there were shitloads of armor and mechanized infantry all rolling around and stuff going on, and now as soon as I approach southern Sahrani from Ramadhi it starts to hiccup and then just hangs if there are a certain number of objectives within the TAOR.

It's unfortunate, but ultimately 1.42 has resulted in a general improvement in performance so I suppose I'm in need of a RAM upgrade as I think that's probably the issue here.

Edited by Pd3

The logistic functions described in Script snippets don't work on my local dedicated server.

I have a simple script to get the global force pool count. It's basically copied over from the ALiVE wiki, with a hint added.

When hosting, it works fine, but when I start a dedicated server it doesn't do a thing.

I even tried to execute the two main lines directly from the debug console:

_currentBLUFORForcepool = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;

hint format ["Supply level: %1",_currentBLUFORForcepool];

But no effect.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it worked before the the latest patch and version changes.

(Everything is up to date, and I tried without other mods, even without @aliveserver)

Hi!

Its working in SP and Host because in this case your PC is the "server" and the "client" at the same time!

A dedicated server is a separate "process", therefore you need to do it serverside! And to see the result on the client, you need to send the data back to the client over the network:

example (execute in debugconsole "GLOBAL"):

[] spawn {

GlobalForcePoolVariable = nil;

if (isServer) then {

GlobalForcePoolVariable = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;

PublicVariable "GlobalForcePoolVariable";

};

waituntil {!isnil "GlobalForcePoolVariable" };

hint format ["Supply level: %1",GlobalForcePoolVariable];

};

written from top of my head, so may be faulty, but i think you can get the idea!

For people with questions about custom Blacklists:

Put the ones you need in the init field of the "ALiVE require"-modules init field (or any modules init field, i prefer this to have it in this)

Define your custom strategic house classes for CQB (rest will be regular houses): ALiVE_MIL_CQB_CUSTOM_STRATEGICHOUSES (edited)

Exclude custom unit classes from CQB:

ALiVE_MIL_CQB_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST

Exclude custom unit classes from beeing spawned in CIV/MP Modules:

ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST (edited)

Avoid some vehicle classes to beeing spawned by CIV/MP Modules:

ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_VEHICLEBLACKLIST (edited)

Avoid certain group classes of beeing created by CIV/MIL MP modules:

ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_GROUPBLACKLIST

Example (don't use the classes below, should only be an example):

ALiVE_MIL_CQB_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST = ["O_G_soldier_AA","O_G_soldier_AA_1"]; ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST = ["O_G_soldier_AA","O_G_soldier_AA_1"];

The gamer Agard also provided an example how he managed to exclude AA groups completely:

http://alivemod.com/forum/985-aa-unit-blacklist/0

Enjoy!

• Like 1

scooterperpetual - that's the regular BIS save button I think mean? You should only need to use the ALiVE Menu "Server Save and Exit" if you have your database connection set up. Regular BIS saves can be enabled in ALiVE (Required) module though it's not generally recommended due the the sheer amount of data that ALiVE generates (it can crash your system trying to save that much!) However, enabling more than one regular BIS save I think is a mission difficulty setting rather than ALiVE - you may have to check the BI Community Wiki.

Pd3 - unfortunately it sounds like you're right. I've just been messing around on an old Sahrani mission I made a couple of months ago that has all the toys, 120 objectives and the Russian 3rd Shock Army invading. Performance is significantly better than before and it's working fine!

Redux is a new version? I quckly run thru source files and thought it was same as release by Hazey. I do not play altis/stratis anyway, so maybe it's time to port my fork to new version.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

So yea, indeed, my fault - ran my server with wrong BAT (have bunch of them to test different mod setups).

I'm now running same mission, teleporting to cities & spawning shitload of enemies. So far so good.

Is it possible to blacklist some units from spawning? I often see empty Taru (or repair/medical) which seems to be completely useless for enemy (it just loiter around until someone finally takes it down).

And planes, they spawns facing hangar rear, makes them completely useless.

About Blacklisting, see above!

About the planes, its sadly a BIS issue, they placed the hangers in the wrong direction ;) http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22177

I get around that by manually placing some planes and virtualising them until they got it fixed.

Updated mod v0.9.7.1504161 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Updated mod v0.9.7.1504161 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

"You can speed how fast they move across the map int he module settings. i played a mission for like 45min and ran into a town full of IEDs and enemies. So maybe this is what you need to look into."

Oh interesting !! In wich Modul and wich function i have to change ? How this works ?

Greez

Please can any one tell what i have to do ? How this works ? In wich Modul i have to change settings ?

Greez

Edited by Flex242

"You can speed how fast they move across the map int he module settings. i played a mission for like 45min and ran into a town full of IEDs and enemies. So maybe this is what you need to look into."

Please can any one tell what i have to do ? How this works ? In wich Modul i have to change settings ?

Greez

It's actually under the "Virtual AI System" Module

All it does is slow them down when they are virtualized. 50% means they move at 50% of what their actual movement speed would be if they are not virtualized.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

I am building a campaign on Nziwasogo. This map is not fully indexed as it doesn't recognize any military or civilian objectives for some reason, but civilians and CQB and IEDs will spawn and do their thing.

I have had to in the past on previous builds put down custom objectives everywhere. I don't have a problem doing this, but will I able to do assymetric warfare on one of the OPCOMs if the AI doesn't have the ability to find its own objectives?

Objectives with Assymetric work the same way, so shouldn't be a problem.

I am building a campaign on Nziwasogo. This map is not fully indexed as it doesn't recognize any military or civilian objectives for some reason, but civilians and CQB and IEDs will spawn and do their thing.

I think Nziswasogo needs to be re-indexed either due to map updates or some other reason.. IIRC it also detects civ location(s) off the map grid. It should recognize some objectives though.. at least it did last time I tried it (months ago now).

I think Nziswasogo needs to be re-indexed either due to map updates or some other reason.. IIRC it also detects civ location(s) off the map grid. It should recognize some objectives though.. at least it did last time I tried it (months ago now).

Worked fine for me with Asymmetric, there is a problem with objectives being found off the map though.

I just built every single possible objective, they were all custom though (obviously). Can't use the TAOR system from what I saw other than the Civilians populating and CQB detecting buildings.

Good to know that the Assymetric will work fine.

Thing that I'm concerned about is that if they can't detect objectives, where do they set up IED factories and recruiting stations and roadblock? Do they just not use the objectives as a reference point? They just pick a house and set up a factory/recruiter or pick a crossroads and place a roadblock?

Edited by I WUB PUGS

question about the c2istar module.... is there a way to disable a type of mission. seems to always generate defend missions over and over would like to remove them from being generated.

Its working in SP and Host because in this case your PC is the "server" and the "client" at the same time!

A dedicated server is a separate "process", therefore you need to do it serverside! And to see the result on the client, you need to send the data back to the client over the network:

Thanks, I thought I was doing so, but you showed me the right direction, so I could fix it. :)

(The main problem was btw that I didn't know that addAction works only locally)

I just built every single possible objective, they were all custom though (obviously). Can't use the TAOR system from what I saw other than the Civilians populating and CQB detecting buildings.

Good to know that the Assymetric will work fine.

Thing that I'm concerned about is that if they can't detect objectives, where do they set up IED factories and recruiting stations and roadblock? Do they just not use the objectives as a reference point? They just pick a house and set up a factory/recruiter or pick a crossroads and place a roadblock?

Yo!

Good workaround! Happy it works!

Without spoiling too much of the "deeper" functionality which is essential to gameplay, Asym AI Commander has all the objectives in his list, if they are synced to it.

The commander will calculate the priority of an objective and the appropriate orders based on several factors like size, friendly or enemy troops in the sector, overall sector hostility, and some more. An unguarded town is very likely to become a recruitment center, where the HQ is probably not located downtown but in a peripheral area of the town. Occupied objectives will very likely be terrorized by Insurgents and to build bombs and IEDs they set up IED factories, and so on.

where is the updated changelog? i cant find it anywhere..

thanks

..... wrong post

Edited by Sonsalt6

Yo!

Good workaround! Happy it works!

Without spoiling too much of the "deeper" functionality which is essential to gameplay, Asym AI Commander has all the objectives in his list, if they are synced to it.

The commander will calculate the priority of an objective and the appropriate orders based on several factors like size, friendly or enemy troops in the sector, overall sector hostility, and some more. An unguarded town is very likely to become a recruitment center, where the HQ is probably not located downtown but in a peripheral area of the town. Occupied objectives will very likely be terrorized by Insurgents and to build bombs and IEDs they set up IED factories, and so on.

So just to clarify. If I put a camp or fuel depot or nothing at all physical as the Custom Objective in a town. The Assymetric Commander will obviously try to take this if synced..... from there, they will attempt to build IED factories and recruit?

Will these show up on the debug?

Any chance we can have a Video tutorial (or two), regarding the Asymmetric Commander and how to set up a game/mission? The Demo mission provided (Sabotage on Altis) is great but has no template model for BLUFOR versus OPFOR with a third Insurgent Faction causing havoc......anyone else have anything like this working?

REAPER

Any chance we can have a Video tutorial (or two), regarding the Asymmetric Commander and how to set up a game/mission? The Demo mission provided (Sabotage on Altis) is great but has no template model for BLUFOR versus OPFOR with a third Insurgent Faction causing havoc......anyone else have anything like this working?

REAPER

I believe I saw one of the devs stating the video tutorials are getting an overhaul so maybe expect some of those as it nears closer to 1.0

For the example you stated, you could use OPFOR vs BLUFOR with AAF playing insurgents and have Independents friendly to nobody in the mission settings.

Or you could do something like Independent vs BLUFOR with OPFOR playing the insurgency role.

You would setup the conventional war as normal and then simply make the insurgent commander and then give him a few objectives to get the insurgency rolling. Then

sync the placement modules of the two conventional armies to the AI commander that is set to asymmetric. This would be a simple way to do it.

I suck at explaining and that was a rather short way to explain it so if you still can't get it then post back and maybe I (or someone else) can post a template for it.

question about the c2istar module.... is there a way to disable a type of mission. seems to always generate defend missions over and over would like to remove them from being generated.

put in init.sqf, to compile your personal task list:

waituntil {!isnil "ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks"};

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["SabotageBuilding"];

Possible types: "MilAssault","MilDefence","CivAssault","Assassination","TransportInsertion","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","SabotageBuilding"

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

REAPER

Theres the ALiVE Insurgency Redux in the Demo folder, everythings in there :)

I believe I saw one of the devs stating the video tutorials are getting an overhaul so maybe expect some of those as it nears closer to 1.0

For the example you stated, you could use OPFOR vs BLUFOR with AAF playing insurgents and have Independents friendly to nobody in the mission settings.

Or you could do something like Independent vs BLUFOR with OPFOR playing the insurgency role.

You would setup the conventional war as normal and then simply make the insurgent commander and then give him a few objectives to get the insurgency rolling. Then

sync the placement modules of the two conventional armies to the AI commander that is set to asymmetric. This would be a simple way to do it.

I suck at explaining and that was a rather short way to explain it so if you still can't get it then post back and maybe I (or someone else) can post a template for it.

Thanx for the Reply - I will mess about in the editor this evening and report back ;)

highhead - I will open the Mission files in the Demo folder.....are you telling me that the scenario I attempted to explain is in there? :icon_slap:

Theres the ALiVE Insurgency Redux in the Demo folder, everythings in there

been hearing a lot about the demo folder , where can i find it :D

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

been hearing a lot about the demo folder , where can i find it :D

well i find it :D

As stated on the wiki, setting up asymmetric is exactly the same as Invasion/Occupation: stick down your Mil Placement modules and sync them to AI Commander. All you need to do is change the AI Commander to Asymmetric type in the module settings. You can then optionally sync a Mil IED and CQB module to the AI Commander for added fun. And if you place the Civ Placement and Pop modules (not synced to anything), those will be used by Insurgents too. Try setting up a regular scenario with the AI Commander on Occupation mode, turn debug on and watch the map for a while. Then switch it to Asymmetric and repeat to see how it changes behaviour. Once you get an idea of how Asymmetric commanders behave you can build a credible scenario around it.

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

where is the updated changelog? i cant find it anywhere..

thanks

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169350-ALiVE-Advanced-Light-Infantry-Virtual-Environment&p=2922783&viewfull=1#post2922783