wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

God damn I'm too stupid. I only want alive to take care of the civilians all across altis.. I did the same like in the tutorial but I can't see any guys running around when I enter a city. Did you change sth. in the required modules for this feature?? I'm confused

edit. nvm, I don't know what I did now, but I see em..

But another question: player options module, is that only for the admin or does every player get the opportunity to set terrain grid and VD??

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

currently have nothing but alive running on a map in Zargabad....im getting massive frame drop spikes every few seconds. im not sure if this will pass or if i have something setup too agressively. What tools are available to monitor this as i vaugely remember a server monitor but i couldnt locate it? i have the limiter set to 25 units at 800m spawn distance....it runs SMOOTH as silk when i run it on my local machine in preview.....would an alive pbo mismatch be possible where it could run it and be fouled? Takistan is giving me a similar error....basically just alive, one enemy opcom and a full support suite on all new alive modules....so im at a loss.....

If it runs fine in SP on your machine but not on dedicated I would try re-installing ALiVE mod and CBA... also test with -noLogs param set on dedi

Transport helos lights are flashing. Just me or known issue?

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75963

Should have been fixed already EB... can anyone else confirm this is still happening?

But another question: player options module, is that only for the admin or does every player get the opportunity to set terrain grid and VD??

All players get the ability to change those settings.

As a general FYI, there have been some changes in the latest CBA version that are causing some issues with ALiVE. Devs are working hard to resolve them but in the meantime if you are having major issues getting missions to run properly with ALiVE I would suggest reverting back to the previous CBA version and re-testing your mission. I'm not sure of the schedule for the next release but let's hope for a hotfix soonâ„¢

Edited by SavageCDN

Can that hotfix include index of Kunduz? :) Just a suggest as this insurgency addition is freaking epic!

^ depends on urgency of release (ooh.. .that sounded dirty!!). Hopefully this weekend I'll get some training on map indexing and if so my first attempt will be Kunduz.

Does -noLogs end up increasing performance on the dedi?? where about can i find the Alive Server Monitor application/webpage?

^ if the mission you are using has lots of addon errors (or script errors like undefined vars) being spit out to the RPT file, then yes it will make a difference.. especially on servers with 'slower' hard drives.

re: ASM I believe that is now a function of the War Room.. so if you have that setup and working you should be able to monitor server performance through the War Room page.

^ depends on urgency of release (ooh.. .that sounded dirty!!). Hopefully this weekend I'll get some training on map indexing and if so my first attempt will be Kunduz.

Sounds good brother, thank you! I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it ;)

Should have been fixed already EB... can anyone else confirm this is still happening?

For me the transport helicopters lights are flashing RAPIDLY at a very high frequency, like they are constantly beeing forced off but then immediately turned on again (repeat forever). They look solid from a distance but when you get close you can see that they are flashing very fast.

For me the transport helicopters lights are flashing RAPIDLY at a very high frequency, like they are constantly beeing forced off but then immediately turned on again (repeat forever). They look solid from a distance but when you get close you can see that they are flashing very fast.

Thanks EB I've re-opened the ticket until I get a chance to test this.

Hey question.

SP Insurgency

Map markers (Red/Green) for enemy presences. I'm noticing the markers will not change green unless you're on foot, is this per design? Is it possible to allow it to go green while pacing through in a vehicle? I understand its designed to search houses, but some places are obvious and noticeable from a car but still doesnt work.

Also is UAV designed to spawn enemies, or do you and the UAV need to be within spawn distance? Noticing when flying UAV into a nearby town the characters will not spawn unless the actual unit will move in. Could be my settings so wanted to check.

Thanks again

TRACE is will only switch if you clear through on foot - it's designed it that way deliberately for "reasons."

Only players will spawn units, so UAVs won't. That's actually a limitation of the game engine.

Only players will spawn units, so UAVs won't. That's actually a limitation of the game engine.

Thanks for the answers. I did want to share that i was building a mission where the design was around recon and UAV's, and there was a code to allowing spawning from UAV. It is possible but not sure if it would work in your code (or MP). Check out the POST here where some guys helped me out with it. Hope it helps.

Asymetric Mode:

My Opinion is that it takes to much time until the insurgents establish IED Factories, Ambush (with IED) and Supply-Places. Last time i waiting so long for an IED-factory or ambush position.

greez

Asymetric Mode:

My Opinion is that it takes to much time until the insurgents establish IED Factories, Ambush (with IED) and Supply-Places. Last time i waiting so long for an IED-factory or ambush position.

greez

You can speed how fast they move across the map int he module settings. i played a mission for like 45min and ran into a town full of IEDs and enemies. So maybe this is what you need to look into.

Hi guys!

There has been a change to CBA_fnc_Replace lately, which under certain circumstances froze the game. I have been in contact with Vipermaul and as CBA is really an awesome team, they found the issue within an hour and provided a hotfix to test. I don't know when it will be public but in the meanwhile its not dramatic for ALiVE as its only happening with debug on asymmetric MIL AI commander after about 30 minutes in game. Just leave debug on asym off (should be either way imho, its also default).

Havent read further in forums yet, will return latersh!

see ya on the battlefield

@JCae2798 : apparently I'm wrong and UAV's should actually spawn AI, but they do have to be within spawn range. So for example if you're flying at 800m AGL and 1500m range, you're still outside the default spawn radius of 1500m.

Hi guys!

There has been a change to CBA_fnc_Replace lately, which under certain circumstances froze the game. I have been in contact with Vipermaul and as CBA is really an awesome team, they found the issue within an hour and provided a hotfix to test. I don't know when it will be public but in the meanwhile its not dramatic for ALiVE as its only happening with debug on asymmetric MIL AI commander after about 30 minutes in game. Just leave debug on asym off (should be either way imho, its also default).

Havent read further in forums yet, will return latersh!

see ya on the battlefield

Uh. That forces all AI to stop responding and game freezes in general (but you still able to walk and shoot)? Wondering what was causing my problems.

@JCae2798 : apparently I'm wrong and UAV's should actually spawn AI, but they do have to be within spawn range. So for example if you're flying at 800m AGL and 1500m range, you're still outside the default spawn radius of 1500m.

Thanks for double checking. It very well could be my settings as i changed the spawns to be a lot less then default. I'll keep playing with this :)

There has been a change to CBA_fnc_Replace lately, which under certain circumstances froze the game.

Jesus we just spent two days blaming my dedicated server for the problems. It's as though the server gets stuck on a frame and just stops simulating, but doesn't actually crash. :confused: Funny thing is it sometimes starts working again after a player or two leaves.

Jesus we just spent two days blaming my dedicated server for the problems. It's as though the server gets stuck on a frame and just stops simulating, but doesn't actually crash. :confused: Funny thing is it sometimes starts working again after a player or two leaves.

Goddamit. And i spent like couple of days testing every single mod i have, though 1.42 update broke it :(

I've been having random crashes while running ALiVE lately, is this likely related to the recent issues?

Yeah thats exactly it, but should only happen with debug on Asym AI Commander set to "yes", so leave it off. And it very likely happens in the "Sabotage" mission.

And as you say, its coming back suddenly after some minutes, but the leaving of players is a coincidence.

Im sure the hotfix will be in next CBA update, and I have made a workaround in ALiVE Dev. You can also just use the former CBA official (think it was 1.0.9) serverside.

Yeah thats exactly it, but should only happen with debug on Asym AI Commander set to "yes", so leave it off. And it very likely happens in the "Sabotage" mission.

And as you say, its coming back suddenly after some minutes, but the leaving of players is a coincidence.

Im sure the hotfix will be in next CBA update, and I have made a workaround in ALiVE Dev. You can also just use the former CBA official (think it was 1.0.9) serverside.

It happened to me in "occupation" mode several times.

Well I checked threethousandgazillion lines of code to find that it can happen in those cases:

- debug "yes" on Asym AI commander

----> Happens on server/SP / temporary fix: Leave asym debug off.

- placing an ALiVE Spotrep (strg + marker and selecting "Spotrep").

----> Happens only on client/SP. Temporary fix: Disable Advanced markers on ALiVE required module or tell your players to not add a spotrep.

- Sabotage mission

----> Revert to older CBA

This also means that other cba dependend mods/scripts may have the same issue - in all those cases reverting CBA to 1.0/1.xxx fixes it for now!

Please tell me if that helps for the minute!

thanks

Edited by highhead