wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Map should make no difference - it's personal preference.

As for arresting dudes, you'll probably want to add something into your mission to do with them - if you have no prison, then you'll have nowhere to put them! I'm sure there are mods/scripts around for that kind of thing.

This^ 30 Groups is a lot! You probably want 4 or 5 in that scenario.

Alternatively you can manually place a group or two on the map, make sure they're profiled (e.g. sync to Virtual AI Module set to profile all synced units) and the AI Commander will pick them up. Be in mind they will need to secure at least one objective before they will proliferate and start recruiting new insurgents so don't give them too hard a job to begin with.

Lol. Makes sense, thanks!

The new Asymmetric Warfare is a heck of a awesome job, works like a charm.

Still, I am having this with every mission when I open Zeus for the first time.

http://i.imgur.com/zf0pErk.jpg

I dont have a clue why I am having this.

This is not related with Alive, my bad.

That's a issue related with @mas.

Are the asymmetric debug markers explained anywhere - red vs green, the numbers etc?

Another oddity, just saw an armed civilian shoot at the asymmetric side (BLU_G_F), do I need to use a civilian side for the OPCOM?

Edited by bhaz

Are the asymmetric debug markers explained anywhere - red vs green, the numbers etc?

Another oddity, just saw an armed civilian shoot at the asymmetric side (BLU_G_F), do I need to use a civilian side for the OPCOM?

Hi!

The number at the marker shows the hostility level, positive hostility value will show red, negative will show green. The current orders are shown right beside the number (like factory, recuit, etc.)!

Friendly civilians can ofc also attack Insurgents, esp. if there is presence of friendly troops in the same sector and the hostility level allows it. I have come across this also when BLUFOR troops were inbound on defend an objective, suddenly the civilians grew balls :)

enjoy

Chaps,

Any chance we can get hold of the indexing tools please? there are a number of maps going live each day and we'd honestly love to help out here, the community can give something back to this excellent mod in this respect.

Thanks

Pete

I wish there were tools! Sadly there aren't any and it's a completely manual process at the moment. Besides, even if you could index a map you'd still need to add it to the ALiVE code and re-release the mod. It's frankly not a very good process - when we started we tried to make it automatic but ArmA maps simply aren't consistent enough. We're brainstorming some ideas to see how we can fix this for the future. In the meantime we will index new maps once they have settled and are not undergoing regular updates.

Spent 20 mins setting up a quick insurgency. Wow. Super cool to see them create HQs and start pulling in recruits. Really clever guys. Well done !!

Hi, how would i get the enemy (ai) to attack a compound im holding?

Basically, me and a few mates are holding a compound and i want the enemy to come towards us, maybe in waves if possible. Just not sure how to go about it. Im new to alive btw take it easy on me lol

Stupid question, but how i can change default player support keybind? Mine is on "I" by default, conflicting with inventory...

nevermind, user action 20

Edited by rlex

Stupid question, but how i can change default player support keybind? Mine is on "I" by default, conflicting with inventory...

Hi,

If you are talking of bringing the ALiVE menu up, then use custom key 20 to bind any key you want on it. Just restart mission in SP or reconnect in MP after you bound it!

enjoy!

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Hi, how would i get the enemy (ai) to attack a compound im holding?

Basically, me and a few mates are holding a compound and i want the enemy to come towards us, maybe in waves if possible. Just not sure how to go about it. Im new to alive btw take it easy on me lol

Hi!

Place....

- Required ALiVE

- Virtual AI system

- Military AI commander set to CSAT

- Military Placement module with faction set to OPF_F synced (F5) to the CSAT AI commander module

- Custom military placement at your compound set to your faction (f.e. BLU_F) and prio 9999. Also synced to the CSAT AI commander module.

thats it :)

I wish there were tools! Sadly there aren't any and it's a completely manual process at the moment. Besides, even if you could index a map you'd still need to add it to the ALiVE code and re-release the mod. It's frankly not a very good process - when we started we tried to make it automatic but ArmA maps simply aren't consistent enough. We're brainstorming some ideas to see how we can fix this for the future. In the meantime we will index new maps once they have settled and are not undergoing regular updates.

No worries, cheers for the update :)

Thanks alot highhead ill give that ago tomorrow.

Also im using the Iraqi_syrian_conflict mod for the enemy, current mission works fine in editor but the only problem i have is on the server. Once i upload mission to the server the vehicles arnt there but everythin else is. Any ideas?

Sorry forgot to add, when i place the ied module i cannot find them anywhere. Even when i put them on extreme. Am i doing something wrong?

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Edited by Killaway

After testing out the asymetric system I gotta say, AMAZING WORK GUYS! Awesome as usual!

Quick question...

I am using armasync to run my mods, and for some reason, when I use it with @alive, players cant join the server. The server has both @alive and @aliveserver. Once I disable it, players join fine, but renable it, and players cant join. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi!

The number at the marker shows the hostility level, positive hostility value will show red, negative will show green. The current orders are shown right beside the number (like factory, recuit, etc.)!

Friendly civilians can ofc also attack Insurgents, esp. if there is presence of friendly troops in the same sector and the hostility level allows it. I have come across this also when BLUFOR troops were inbound on defend an objective, suddenly the civilians grew balls :)

enjoy

I actually just experienced this myself a short while after reading your comment. I was walking around in ghost mode in a Recruitment HQ and the guard walked outside. A civilian inside the HQ pulled out a weapon and then followed the guard outside and shot him. That dose of karma had me laughing for quite awhile.

Quick question...

I am using armasync to run my mods, and for some reason, when I use it with @alive, players cant join the server. The server has both @alive and @aliveserver. Once I disable it, players join fine, but renable it, and players cant join. Am I doing something wrong?

Are your players also running ALiVE?

Yes.

And I should mention, Im not getting an error. It just sort of sits and hangs at the loading screen, that the server never seems to recognize that anyone is joining.

Yes.

And I should mention, Im not getting an error. It just sort of sits and hangs at the loading screen, that the server never seems to recognize that anyone is joining.

I've had this issue before. Was a problem with @aliveserver, running the server without the @aliveserver addon fixed it. For a temporary workaround until a dev helps you further just run the server without the @aliveserver addon, only penalty is no ability to have persistent missions.

Yes.

Hey guys!

when i place the ied module i cannot find them anywhere. Even when i put them on extreme.

There are two ways to use the MIL IED module. You can sync it to an ASYMMETRIC AI Commander or just leave it as an ambient module with appropriate settings (unsynced).

To test it, leave it as ambient module and turn on debug to see in which locations they have been placed -> you get trigger markers, and if you step inside they get created!

Once i upload mission to the server the vehicles arnt there but everythin else is

Handling all the gazillion mods out there is a hard job. For normal I would say "test without mods" but if the vehicles are there in editor but not on the server then there is something strange happening.

I would go and check if the mod is correctly installed on the server (and all pbos are there). To check your mission quickly in Multiplayer locally, just run it up as MP Host, see if it works there and then go for the dedicated server.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

After testing out the asymetric system I gotta say, AMAZING WORK GUYS! Awesome as usual!

Thank you a lot for your ongoing support, sir!

More to come, as an example I just optimized furniture placement in the inurgents installation. Just trying to nail out all the stuff that gets caught after the first release!

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Once I disable it, players join fine, but renable it, and players cant join. Am I doing something wrong?

Thats something we maybe should check in the Skype (or Slack) - Channel. Can you provide the server RPT and @ALiVEServer log (located in C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\ALiVE) please?

Thank you!

Thanks again for the reply. I turned debug on for the ied module and i cant seem to find the option in admin options so i cannot see where they are placed.

Thanks again for the reply. I turned debug on for the ied module and i cant seem to find the option in admin options so i cannot see where they are placed.

Its not handled through admin actions. Once debug is enabled on the module; You will see the messages appear as you do with CHATS, and you should probably see some markers on the map after some time. I dont think it gets created right away...

Ahh right okay thanks. I have actually tried walking round etc and not seen one at all. Ive walked all around the ied marker and still not spotted one lol

currently have nothing but alive running on a map in Zargabad....im getting massive frame drop spikes every few seconds. im not sure if this will pass or if i have something setup too agressively. What tools are available to monitor this as i vaugely remember a server monitor but i couldnt locate it? i have the limiter set to 25 units at 800m spawn distance....it runs SMOOTH as silk when i run it on my local machine in preview.....would an alive pbo mismatch be possible where it could run it and be fouled? Takistan is giving me a similar error....basically just alive, one enemy opcom and a full support suite on all new alive modules....so im at a loss.....

Transport helos lights are flashing. Just me or known issue?