wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is anyone else havign issues with tora bora? ALIVE ant find any locations

Haven't tried it since it was first indexed.. are you still having problems with it? Can you try just one MP module set to objectives only.... no TAOR marker no CQB module?

It seems like that all static MG, mortoar etc .... also SUV with MG get spawned, the schooter of that can not been shot. Only Explosive or cal.50 destroy the MG or Mortar.

What is the problem ? I dont know. Its bad

Greetings

It seems like that all static MG, mortoar etc .... also SUV with MG get spawned, the schooter of that can not been shot. Only Explosive or cal.50 destroy the MG or Mortar.

What is the problem ? I dont know. Its bad

Greetings

This works fine for me, is this occuring with just CBA and ALiVE enabled?

Mhhh .... now i tried the CAF-Agressors middle east as the Alive faction ... instead of MEC (Middle east conflict Mod) and it works.

But i dont know whats the Problem with the MEC is.

Just wondering if this is out of the usual but it takes our server around 40 minutes, maybe more for the server save and exit function to complete... :confused:

Just wondering if this is out of the usual but it takes our server around 40 minutes, maybe more for the server save and exit function to complete... :confused:

Yeah that's a long time! Is it a large mission with lots of objectives/AI groups? How many players?

It's a large scale campaign so around 3000 AI and 20-25 players.

There are quite a few vehicles as we have packed everything we need for the campaign onto our LHD.

The problem we are having at the moment is that when we initiate the server save and exit, all the players are kicked out after around 1 minute and the admin is left in for the full 40 minutes, problem is enemy reinforcements usually role up trying to undo what we have just spent 2-3 hours doing :p

We will probably need to see your server RPT and ALiVEserver logs (Check you nlog.config file in @aliveserver directory)

I would suggest creating a login here:

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

Create a new ticket upload or link to your server RPT, alive server logs, perhaps a copy of your mission if that 's possible.

Edited by SavageCDN

Hello,

So my Unit uses ALiVE and I am experiencing problems where I cannot load any ALiVE Missions at all. I press preview in the editor and I load up like usual and see our usual error but then all of a sudden I get a put into another loading screen and my game just stays there both loading bars move to full and nothing happens. Could someone help me sort this out?

Sorry if there is a fix for this somewhere

RPT:

17:22:24 __________________________________________
17:22:24     _______ _____   __ ___ ___ _______    
17:22:24 __ |   _   |     |_|__|   |   |    ___| __
17:22:24 __ |       |       |  |   |   |    ___| __
17:22:24 __ |___|___|_______|__|\_____/|_______| __
17:22:24 ALiVE Global INIT
17:22:24 ALiVE Global Init Timer Started
17:22:24 ALiVE [m_0|50] Module ALiVE_sys_aiskill INIT
17:22:24 ALiVE [m_1|40] Module ALiVE_require INIT
17:22:24 Unknown attribute img
17:22:24 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayNotFreeze/controlsBackground/CA_Vignette 
17:22:24 "Installing EH in display 12"
17:22:24 String STR_CUP_BAF_CFGVEHICLES_FLAGCARRIERBAF0 not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_AGS30 not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114L_HELLFIRE_II not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114L_HELLFIRE_II not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114K_HELLFIRE_II not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114K_HELLFIRE_II not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_FFAR not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_MN_AIM9L_SIDEWINDER not found
17:22:25 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_M197 not found
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_2|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT
17:22:26  ------------------ Inspecting Hash -------------------- 
17:22:26  ------------------ Inspection Complete -------------------- 
17:22:26 "FlexiMenu ADD: ALiVE_ui_display"
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_2|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0449982
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_0|50] Module ALiVE_sys_aiskill INIT COMPLETE TIME:  2.21899
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_3|41] Module ALiVE_sys_newsfeed INIT
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_3|41] Module ALiVE_sys_newsfeed INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.00100708
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_4|42] Module ALiVE_sys_adminactions INIT
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_4|42] Module ALiVE_sys_adminactions INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.000991821
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_5|43] Module ALiVE_SYS_spotrep INIT
17:22:26 ALiVE [m_6|44] Module ALiVE_SYS_marker INIT
17:22:26 Warning Message: Bad vehicle type CUP_launch_M136
17:22:27 ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT
17:22:27 ALiVE SETTING UP MAP: smd_sahrani_a3
17:22:27 ALiVE MAP BOUNDS: 23370.9
17:22:28 Warning Message: Script x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.smd_sahrani_  a3.sqf not found
17:22:28 Error in expression <ll ALIVE_fnc_sector;
[_sector, "data", [ALIVE_gridData, _sectorID] call ALIVE_fn>
17:22:28   Error position: <ALIVE_gridData, _sectorID] call ALIVE_fn>
17:22:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_griddata
17:22:28 File x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\fnc_gridImportStaticMa  pAnalysis.sqf, line 47
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Recruit:[[]] Regular:[[]] Veteran:[[]] Expert:[[]]
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Custom Skill: Factions:[["MEC_SAA"]]
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Custom Skill: Min Ability:0.2 Max Ability:0.22
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Custom Skill: Aim Accuracy:0.2 Aim Shake:0.9 Aim Speed:0.3
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Custom Skill: Courage:1 Endurance:0.3 Spot Distance:0.7 Spot Time:0.5
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Custom Skill: Reload:0.3 Commanding:0.8 General:0.4
17:22:28 ALiVE AISKILL Faction Skill Hash:
17:22:28  ------------------ Inspecting Hash -------------------- 
17:22:28    k [0]: MEC_SAA v: [0.2,0.22,0.2,0.9,0.3,0.3,0.7,0.5,1,0.3,0.8,0.4]
17:22:28  ------------------ Inspection Complete -------------------- 
17:22:28 ALiVE [m_8|70] Module ALiVE_mil_placement INIT
17:22:29 ALiVE [m_9|90] Module ALiVE_mil_placement_custom INIT
17:22:29 ALiVE [m_10|90] Module ALiVE_mil_placement_custom INIT
17:22:30 ALiVE [m_11|100] Module ALiVE_mil_cqb INIT
17:22:31 ALiVE [m_12|120] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_population INIT
17:22:33 ALiVE [m_13|130] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_placement INIT
17:22:33 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17:22:33 ALIVE AMBCP - Startup
17:22:33 [TIMER STARTED]
17:22:34 ALiVE [m_14|180] Module ALiVE_mil_OPCOM INIT
17:22:35 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayNotFreeze/controlsBackground/CA_Vignette 
17:22:35 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayNotFreeze/controlsBackground/CA_Vignette 
17:22:36 "Sig T. Withers/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_loop] "Initialized""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEJyD_baSA&feature=youtu.be

Regards

Tom

Edited by Tom.Tucka

If I'm not mistaken this map was updated the same day the latest version of ALiVE was released.. so it probably needs to be re-indexed.

https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76109

I have rolled back the map version and this error still persists

EDIT: Confimed this is on my end as people in my unit using that latest alive and latest map version have this mission working Any help please

Edited by Tom.Tucka

I haven't saw a single suicide bomber in recent ALiVE version. Previous was throwing errors, but bombers was here.

I haven't saw a single suicide bomber in recent ALiVE version. Previous was throwing errors, but bombers was here.

saw one today near stravos he had no head ... yes he had no head and he was black :D killed him anyway the IED module need more love i think ( OPCOM too )

Go into the editor and turn on debug and play through the mission as usual. They work fine for me.

@cholo that sounds like more of an issue of whatever the units that were being used. I don't quite think ALiVE uses any code that can remove a unit's head lol. On the other note, the modules will get some love if you look at the roadmap http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/roadmap , right now it seems a lot of the focus is on the Insurgency module which is planned to release next patch.

I have rolled back the map version and this error still persists

EDIT: Confimed this is on my end as people in my unit using that latest alive and latest map version have this mission working Any help please

Tom I would try deleting both mods and re-downloading.. perhaps you have a corrupt file somewhere?

I was testing something last week and was in the map screen for a minute or two... all of a sudden I hear yelling right next to me and I pressed M to get out of the map just in time to see a guy explode in front of me! He left quite a stain on the road :p

@cholo that sounds like more of an issue of whatever the units that were being used. I don't quite think ALiVE uses any code that can remove a unit's head lol.

lol yeah I don't see that one on the roadmap... curious as to what units they were using.

Sorry if anyone was trying to PM me here.. my mailbox was full. Should be OK now.

Lastly congrats to the ALiVE dev team for making it through MANW contest... didn't win but we know you should have ;)

Edited by SavageCDN

Agree with Savage - may not have won the MANW contest but the ALiVE team are true winners, fantastic modification and our group does not play without it. Keep up the great work and continued support.

:icon_dj:

Go into the editor and turn on debug and play through the mission as usual. They work fine for me.

@cholo that sounds like more of an issue of whatever the units that were being used. I don't quite think ALiVE uses any code that can remove a unit's head lol. On the other note, the modules will get some love if you look at the roadmap http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/roadmap , right now it seems a lot of the focus is on the Insurgency module which is planned to release next patch.

he was a civilian :D and yes all the focus on the insurgency module i just saw the first pictures on alive facebook page :)

why no love for the OPCOM? don't you guys think the way opcom control and handles attacking and defending is underrated? i use alive with all my scenarios and i think the OPCOM need more love for attacking and defending situations like sending some more forces to attack and placing some more forces to defend

I also agree, I was really really shocked to find out ALiVE hadn't won to be honest.

@cholo, OPCOM will get plenty of love, there is just other things that are in the way at the moment and Insurgency is a hugely anticipated feature(Insurgency is technically an OPCOM improvement aswell since it is a new way for OPCOM controlling it's troops). Here are some features they plan to implement for OPCOM according to the roadmap

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75258

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75385

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73397

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75656

All of the devs are restricted by real life aswell so they can only do so much.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Congratulations to alivemod team, I would like to acknowledge the work and now this addon is of great importance for Community Combat Tactical Brazil, we are always following the progress of work and always eager for news, apologize for bad English

As other people have said I am a little taken aback that ALiVE didn't win anything. It definitely was much more deserving then some of the other modules on there. ALiVE is essentially what ArmA should be about and with some backend help from BIS and some more mechanics to the series with the AI, management, and the ability to simulate a dynamic battle space with squad, platoon, company, etc. management then ALiVE could easily be the best thing to happen to ArmA. If anything I hope BIS reaches out the ALiVE team and gives some of them dev jobs or something but I digress. Good work, gentlemen.

I also agree, I was really really shocked to find out ALiVE hadn't won to be honest.

@cholo, OPCOM will get plenty of love, there is just other things that are in the way at the moment and Insurgency is a hugely anticipated feature(Insurgency is technically an OPCOM improvement aswell since it is a new way for OPCOM controlling it's troops). Here are some features they plan to implement for OPCOM according to the roadmap

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75258

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75385

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73397

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75656

All of the devs are restricted by real life aswell so they can only do so much.

thanks for this cool news :D cant wait ...

Just dropping by to say that i was kind of shocked you did not make it into the top 3. ALiVE, for me, is the most gamechanging mod since OFP, because it turns this game about war into a game that can actually be about war, not just a simulated small fraction of it.

Any way to donate to make up for you not getting anything from MANW?

Any donations would be very much appreciated! They go directly to keeping our data servers alive! There's a button on our website: http://alivemod.com/

Very many thanks!

Bad luck on the MANW competition guys :( I like you guys more than the RHS blokes haha

Was there a reason you chose to put ALiVE in the Total Modification instead of addon? I had thought the addon category would've been a steal for you guys.

Bad luck on the MANW competition guys :( I like you guys more than the RHS blokes haha

Totally agree,

Although RHS certainly has great quality, I think ALiVE really deserve the prize.