wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Yeah that should all work fine. You just won't be able to see the AAR map until it gets configured on there.

I created two artillery supports, MRLS and scorcher, linking them to combat support module. I named them differently.

However, i do not see MRLS artillery on map or in combat support. Am i missing something?

Nightmare, is persistence working though?

Sahrani A3 added to War Room. May take a while for the background map to get copied across on the server though.

rlex - should work. Make sure you have the classname correct.

Edited by friznit2

Sahrani A3 added to War Room. May take a while for the background map to get copied across on the server though.

rlex - should work. Make sure you have the classname correct.

You're a star mate. Still having problems with the ALiVE Server Save and Exit as it just hangs on the saving to database, but I'm sure that's a problem on my side of things. Will try again tonight.

You're a star mate. Still having problems with the ALiVE Server Save and Exit as it just hangs on the saving to database, but I'm sure that's a problem on my side of things. Will try again tonight.

Turn on debug in the Data module and post your RPT to pastebin

Did a test on my dedi today just to check out the server preformance module, and war room. But when i checked warroom i only had a white page.

What i did, placed down all the alive modules like i have on all missions then checked that the module was active (server preformance). I have the newest update of alive, alive server and cba.

Still just the white page with all the descriptions under it. i get the loading bar but no graph.

But when i was working with it i remmebered reading somwhere that i had to have two or more players for it to be active? Is this correct?

Just to confirm...

We played insurgency. When we played insurgency, at start we played without any armored vehicles. And we encountered mostly infantry (well some unarmored fenneks and zamaks was here to transport enemy troops, not a big deal.

But as soon as i spawned warthog and started to fly towards city, i encountered numerous heavy armored enemy vehicles (tanks, IFVs).

This might be just coincidence, but... do enemy forces "adapt" to assets used by players? Because it feels this way. Also i can't recall any enemy helis before i spawned AH-64D and started to attach soem city...

Anyway to prevent AI from sending in reinforcements in Helicopters and trucks? I am setting up a rebel vs rebel scenario, and it wouldn't really be realistic.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Is ALIVE suppose to spawn whatever # of groups it wants even if I set say.. Infantry to 20?

Did a test on my dedi today just to check out the server preformance module, and war room. But when i checked warroom i only had a white page.

What i did, placed down all the alive modules like i have on all missions then checked that the module was active (server preformance). I have the newest update of alive, alive server and cba.

Still just the white page with all the descriptions under it. i get the loading bar but no graph.

But when i was working with it i remmebered reading somwhere that i had to have two or more players for it to be active? Is this correct?

You just need ALiVE Required, ALiVE Data module (with perf mon enabled).

Ensure your server name on War Room doesn't have any special chars in the name.

Also check your RPT for perfmon messages to ensure the module is actually working.

EDIT: OK I can see we have data for you, there's a bug with the chart for some reason for your server. Will take a look and fix. Thanks for the report

EDIT: FIXED!

Edited by Tupolov

Hi folks. I have a question: how can I set up victory condition based on ALiVE. Single player: My side (BLUFOR) is in invasion mode, while OPFOR is in occupation. Everything takes place on Panthera Island with BLUFOR controlling 4 airfields and OPFOR getting the rest. BLUFOR is set to capture civilian and military targets, while OPFOR commander is linked to BLUFOR military targets (so OPFOR will try to capture the airfields).

Failure:

*player death (we will see, maybe I will run it as multi to get respawns).

or

*BLUFOR is pushed out from all 4 airbases

Victory:

*BLUFOR controls X% of all objectives

or

*player successfully completes X number of auto generated missions.

Is it possible to set conditions like that?

You just need ALiVE Required, ALiVE Data module (with perf mon enabled).

Ensure your server name on War Room doesn't have any special chars in the name.

Also check your RPT for perfmon messages to ensure the module is actually working.

EDIT: OK I can see we have data for you, there's a bug with the chart for some reason for your server. Will take a look and fix. Thanks for the report

EDIT: FIXED!

Sorry for the late reply!

Works like a charm now! Thank you :)

Anyway to prevent AI from sending in reinforcements in Helicopters and trucks? I am setting up a rebel vs rebel scenario, and it wouldn't really be realistic.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Is ALIVE suppose to spawn whatever # of groups it wants even if I set say.. Infantry to 20?

I've had the issue where no matter how many groups I tell it to spawn it uses some random number anyway. Not really sure what the cause is as it randomly fixed itself and occurred again at a random time. I haven't had the issue since the last few patches though.

Just a moment ago I had MASSIVE issues with ALiVE, my game kept crashing when loading any ALiVE mission I created. After much rage and disabling mods one by one I found the source of the problem: (very slightly) outdated ASDG Joint Rails. Once I downloaded the very latest version everything is back up and running.

As for those conditions: What I would really need is a way to count the number of missions successfully completed by player. Not much else really.

I noticed that if you get a Kill HVT task very often you get another one right after in same place, but to kill some other dude.

Ideas for generated missions:

*sling loading and transporting some cargo

*rearming/fixing/refuelling some vehicle in the field

*providing medical support to some units

*scouting an area

*waypoint patrol

Alive is a total blast. I cooked myself a mission that I can just fire up and do some stuff. Few moments ago I had to drop some troops on top of a mountain, I used a Huey to do the job, flying low in the mountains to avoid ManPADS, it was awesome.

Hi Mate,

Here's the RPT for the server with debug enabled on the Data Module.

http://pastebin.com/19hST4Ed

Here's your issue:

19:46:51 ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA RESPONSE: UNAUTHORISED!
19:46:51 ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA RESULT: UNAUTHORISED!
19:46:51 ALiVE SYS_DATA - CONFIG: UNAUTHORISED!
19:46:51 ALiVE-0 CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE, DISABLING DATA MODULE

Ensure you have registered your server to War Room and followed the steps to validate your setup. Check what Alive.log and aliveserver.log are reporting.

Is this an alright server name?

40 Commando | Operation KRATOS | www.40cdo.org

If so, where do I find my Alive.log and AliveServer.log? Appdata > Local and then ALiVE? If so they are not there.

@Tupolov i posted crash thread on alive forums, but nobody replied..

Short story: moved my server to windows VM. Suffered 1 crash in 4d, which is perfectly acceptable.

Either there is some problems with linux a3 server in 1.40, or some sort of ALiVE/Linux server incompatibility.

Hi

Been trying to follow the Tutorial videos by RJ on the Wiki site but in the 1st video there are 2 modules he places "Admin Actions" and "Profile System" that are not present in the ALIVE Modules drop down menu when i try to copy the actions in the video.

Also, my version uses the "ALIVE Modules" menu option rather than "ALIVE Systems" shown in the video?

As far as i know I have installed the latest version of both ALIVE itself and the ALIVEServer plugin? @ALiVE_0.9.6.1509031 and server plugin downloaded and installed via Play with Six tonight?

Please can you tell me if this is a bug or whether i'm missing some other file or download etc?

Many thanks for this outstanding mod, just hope i can get it working?

the mod has changed its module names around a few times. virtual A.I. system is the new name for the profile system check the change logs to find out the other differences

Thanks for the report. Will get round to taking a look. Couple of things, best thing for crashes is to report them to BIS, Linux server is a little unstable and generally we don't expect any kind of performance with 500+ units spawned (assuming that's what you meant).

Finally, any crashes should be reproduced with just CBA and ALiVE to rule out any other mods.

Cheers

Tup