wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

You can either sync those units to the Virtual AI system module or can you can change the setting in the module so that it controls all units EXCEPT synced units. If you change it to the latter remember to sync any units that you don't want controlled by alive to the Virtual AI System module.

thanks for your help :) trying now

Question: does init.sqf scripting (executed on load of mission) effect the virtualised units? I would like to add certain items (RPGs and scopes) to every AI unit, and am concerned it wont work if theyre not spawned on mission load.

ILoVE ALiVE :p

Question: does init.sqf scripting (executed on load of mission) effect the virtualised units? I would like to add certain items (RPGs and scopes) to every AI unit, and am concerned it wont work if theyre not spawned on mission load.

ILoVE ALiVE :p

Hi, you can use this

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class Man {

init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";

};

};

With _this being the unit being given the items and the my_script obviously being the script giving them the items. Just make sure you use checks for if the unit is a player(if it's an AI only script) and for which side the unit is on if it is side specific.

from Wiki page : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets

I think that has to go in description.ext rather than init.sqf (someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

I think that has to go in description.ext rather than init.sqf (someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

You are correct

My bad forgot to specify that, Thanks.

Anyone know a REVIVE script that works along side ARMA's multispawn module? Farooq's, Grime's and BTC all cause issues.

I'm using the Insertion respawn type, but I'm about to ditch multispawn altogether so I can have revive in the mission.

Hi, you can use this

class Man {

init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";

};

};

With _this being the unit being given the items and the my_script obviously being the script giving them the items. Just make sure you use checks for if the unit is a player(if it's an AI only script) and for which side the unit is on if it is side specific.

from Wiki page : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets

Thanks. However its definitly beyond my current knowledge to write a script that'll only give desired units the items. Doing some research now but no progress as yet.

Thanks. However its definitly beyond my current knowledge to write a script that'll only give desired units the items. Doing some research now but no progress as yet.

If you want a certain side or faction, then you can just throw everything inside an if-then:

_man = _this select 0;

if (side _man == west) then {
  // do stuff here
};

if (faction _man == "BLU_F") then {
  // stuff here
};

If you want to single out a certain class of unit, like a medic for example, I'm pretty sure you can do that directly in the description:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers
{
  class B_medic_F
  {
     medicInit = "_this call myFunction";
  };
};

Thanks Bhaz!

Digging a little further I also found this forum post over on the ALiVE forums. Together with what you suggested I think Im sorted. Will edit with update if/when have working result.

http://alivemod.com/forum/266-unable-to-add-addaction-to-spawning-units/0

Update: No success yet. Heres what Im trying on a dedicated server:

In description.ext

class O_officer_F {
	init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'upgradeOfficer.sqf')";
};
};

In upgradeOfficer.sqf

_this addBackpack "B_TacticalPack_ocamo";
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {_this addItemToBackpack "RPG32_F";};
_this addHeadgear "H_HelmetLeaderO_ocamo";
_this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_DMS";
_this addWeapon "launch_RPG32_F";

I've tried with CQB Headless Client spawned units and Zeus spawned (and maybe also custom objective infantry group spawns). Virtual AI is set to virtualise all except synced.

Update: Tried every combination from my limited knowledge I thought might possibly work. Nothing has. :(

I noticed in the other thread on the ALiVE forum that guy didnt find a solution either. Seems like everyone who should know is providing something that doesnt work. I know I cant rightly complain given its a free mod and all.

Just that this is one of the last 3 conundrums I need to solve to complete my mission. Ive spent most of my afternoon and night trying to find working answers and its doing my head in.

Edited by zyg0tic

I think I found a bug in the combat support module. Specifically the transports. If you use the height adjustment setting for spawning them on carriers, they're initial spawn is ok (mostly) but if they are destroyed they respawn and immediately explode over and over. This doesn't happen with the CAS units. I tried it with the ghosthawk, littlebird transport and the huron all with the same result.

Has anyone else had this issue?

CDN_BiggDogg

Update: Tried every combination from my limited knowledge I thought might possibly work. Nothing has. :(

Try this:

_man = _this select 0;
_man [color=#333333]addBackpack "B_TacticalPack_ocamo";
.. and so on[/color]

You could also add a hint to the code to make sure its running.

Thanks Bhaz!

Digging a little further I also found this forum post over on the ALiVE forums. Together with what you suggested I think Im sorted. Will edit with update if/when have working result.

http://alivemod.com/forum/266-unable-to-add-addaction-to-spawning-units/0

Update: No success yet. Heres what Im trying on a dedicated server:

In description.ext

class O_officer_F {
	init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'upgradeOfficer.sqf')";
};
};

In upgradeOfficer.sqf

_this addBackpack "B_TacticalPack_ocamo";
for "_i" from 1 to 3 do {_this addItemToBackpack "RPG32_F";};
_this addHeadgear "H_HelmetLeaderO_ocamo";
_this addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_DMS";
_this addWeapon "launch_RPG32_F";

I've tried with CQB Headless Client spawned units and Zeus spawned (and maybe also custom objective infantry group spawns). Virtual AI is set to virtualise all except synced.

I noticed in the other thread on the ALiVE forum that guy didnt find a solution either. Seems like everyone who should know is providing something that doesnt work. I know I cant rightly complain given its a free mod and all.

Just that this is one of the last 3 conundrums I need to solve to complete my mission. Ive spent most of my afternoon and night trying to find working answers and its doing my head in.

I managed to get mine to work fine using

class Man {

init = "_obj call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'Uniform.sqf')";

};

};

Uniform.sqf:

if ((side _obj == west) and (!isPlayer _obj)) then {

removeallweapons _obj;

removeGoggles _obj;removeHeadgear _obj;removeVest _obj;removeUniform _obj;removeAllAssignedItems _obj;removeBackpack _obj;

_obj addHeadgear 'Helmet_ACU';_obj addUniform 'Uniform_ACU';_obj addVest 'Vest_ACU';_obj addBackPack 'ACU_Backpack';

{ _obj addItemToBackpack "rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag"; } forEach [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18, 19, 20, 21];{ _obj addItemToBackpack "rhs_mag_m67"; } forEach [1, 2, 3, 4];{ _obj addItemToBackpack "SmokeShell"; } forEach [1, 2, 3, 4];

_obj addweapon 'rhs_m4_grip_acog';_obj addPrimaryWeaponItem 'rhsusf_acc_ACOG';{ _obj addItem "FirstAidKit"; } forEach [1, 2, 3, 4, 5];_obj linkItem "ItemMap";

};

I think I found a bug in the combat support module. Specifically the transports. If you use the height adjustment setting for spawning them on carriers, they're initial spawn is ok (mostly) but if they are destroyed they respawn and immediately explode over and over. This doesn't happen with the CAS units. I tried it with the ghosthawk, littlebird transport and the huron all with the same result.

Has anyone else had this issue?

CDN_BiggDogg

I've had similar issues but it might be the combination of mods and not so much ALIVE spawning the units. I've just had a rough time getting anything to properly load up on the LHD and Nimitz. (Even things like tanks and vehicles just for ambiance.)

I've had similar issues but it might be the combination of mods and not so much ALIVE spawning the units. I've just had a rough time getting anything to properly load up on the LHD and Nimitz. (Even things like tanks and vehicles just for ambiance.)

I actually tried this on land as well with the same result. Try spawning an alive combat support transport chopper on top of the big hospital and see if it still happens. I'm using the LHD and it definitely has issues when spawning stuff on it. Placement of the vehicles will cause the guns and missile batteries to spawn misplaced. That's why I tested it in other areas as well!

Does anyone know if there is something new with the COMBAT SUPPORT modules in the new update? I can not make it work...

Modules I´ve put.

ALIVE REQUIRED

ALIVE PLAYER OPTIONS

CS

CS transport

CS CAS

Syczed them.....

I actually tried this on land as well with the same result. Try spawning an alive combat support transport chopper on top of the big hospital and see if it still happens. I'm using the LHD and it definitely has issues when spawning stuff on it. Placement of the vehicles will cause the guns and missile batteries to spawn misplaced. That's why I tested it in other areas as well!

If you can PM me a repro mission (CBA_A3 and ALiVE only please!) I'll take a look and open a ticket. When you were testing this it out it was with vanilla A3 assets?

Does anyone know if there is something new with the COMBAT SUPPORT modules in the new update? I can not make it work...

Modules I´ve put.

ALIVE REQUIRED

ALIVE PLAYER OPTIONS

CS

CS transport

CS CAS

Syczed them.....

Looks OK.. you have a laser designator when trying it out? When you say you cannot make it work what do you mean exactly?

Absolutely loving the newest update! Thanks for the great work as usual! Im jsut kicking around an idea here, but is it possible to have a way to have randomly generated inventories for the civilians? I remember in the MSO days (with a few other mods like ACE of course ;) ) civilians could spawn with random inventories (just everyday stuff or radios/weapons/Intel etc) and they could be arrested. Is there a way to do that still?

Thanks!

If you can PM me a repro mission (CBA_A3 and ALiVE only please!) I'll take a look and open a ticket. When you were testing this it out it was with vanilla A3 assets?

When tested it was with the 3 choppers (hummingbird, ghosthawk, huron) I mentioned and all are stock with no addon modifiers.

Just to note that as I was testing I do have other mods enabled but I will test and PM a repro mission but it'll take me a few days as I'm working 12 hour nights this weekend :(.

also I am having a weird issue with the SOFLAM from the CUP not working as the required equipment for Combat Support, I Have CUP_Item_SOFLAM in the field but it just doesn't want to seem to work?

Ref Civs: It's much harder since the patch because you can't put just anything in their kit anymore - if they don't have sufficient 'slots' it will disappear. For Asymmetric we've had to config an 'invisible belt' for our sneaky beaky insurgents so they can carry bomb making kit and weapons around. If you're cunning and do your intel gathering well, you'll be able to spot the ones misbehaving and nick 'em. If you're not, they may explode in your face, which stings a bit.

The item is just a classname, doesn't matter what it is. Check the classname is correct and try upper/lower case too.

Thanks for your help bud! AHA I just had to type "SOFLAM" now it works! Sounds like you guys are ahead of the game (as usual)! Thats a great idea to use an invisible belt haha. Cant wait for the new module! Thanks for the amazing work as always!

I was also wondering is the dependent item responsible for marking targets? eg. if I put the generic radio as the necessary item for combat support will the SOFLAM and laser designator still work?

EDIT: One last question, I was just thinking about the virtual AI system and had a few questions. For the synchronization options does only virtualizing synced units mean that those units are the only ones which spawn/despawn? Does virtual all except sync do the opposite? Basically I had it set to virtualize all except synced with nothing synced which was causing me some vehicle respawn issues, I switched it to only virtualize synced units and it fixed my vehicle respawn problem but Im wondering now if the OPFOR will still spawn/despawn within the spawn radius liek usual?

Thanks!

Edited by Opendome