wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I did the same as in the youtube video (same as wiki) + respawn=3; . Does it interfere with AGM perhaps?

Here is a snipped from my rpt, lots of errors:

http://pastebin.com/jmac6jvg

I didnt set elsewhere respawn stuff.

I set:

Modul to: Insertion

Respawn Timeout 40

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_OPF_F

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWN_OPF_F

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_OPF_F

where could be my mistake? Do i need respawn_west?

is there a way to select a respawn OPTION? say have a bluefor insert, or have a blufor spawn on squad all in the same mission?

Newb question: Following the instructional guidline on the wiki to make basic Alive mission - always have the Opfor spawn at Blufor's TAOR site. Could some kind sir check out my error and send me PM :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fc0wcy8554mz8u/ALive_Test_Template.Altis.rar?dl=0

Not sure what the problem was here but it worked perfectly fine when I changed the name of the marker to Blacklist and then changed eah of the corresponding blacklist sections of the placement modules to that new name. I know from experience that names such as the one you listed should work but I can't figure out what the problem was in this case.By the way remember to add the Marker to the blacklist section of the CQB module aswell.

Just a question on Persistence, I'm looking at a virtual dedicated server with root access as I can't find a dedicated server provider for a reasonable for my very small groups needs (£30+ a month is to much). Would that be enough for it to work? If anyone could point me in the direction of a provider for £25 or less month that defiantly works with alive war room if be extremely grateful

Not sure what the problem was here but it worked perfectly fine when I changed the name of the marker to Blacklist and then changed eah of the corresponding blacklist sections of the placement modules to that new name. I know from experience that names such as the one you listed should work but I can't figure out what the problem was in this case.By the way remember to add the Marker to the blacklist section of the CQB module aswell.

So it worked for you? Bizarre. Did you also get warnings at start that there is no active Profile and too many objectives?

So it worked for you? Bizarre. Did you also get warnings at start that there is no active Profile and too many objectives?

I didn't get the "No Active Profile" error but the "Too Many Objectives" error is simply caused by there being a large area of land being tasked to a single AI commander meaning he has more objectives given to him than he may be able to control efficiently. It's not too big of a deal.

Question.

I've made a simple test mission for our server and upon launching it we get thrown back into mission selection screen even though it works in SP. I've put ALiVE ( required ), Virtual AI System, Player Options with AI commander and Military objectives modules both synced to each other.

I didn't get the "No Active Profile" error but the "Too Many Objectives" error is simply caused by there being a large area of land being tasked to a single AI commander meaning he has more objectives given to him than he may be able to control efficiently. It's not too big of a deal.

If CPU utilization is any indicator of stress, I have about 400 objectives in mine and CPU stays at around 15%, memory at 1.5gb. i7 4790k. Takes a while to load initially, but friends joining server after I had it loaded on my client said it was really quick.

Just a question on Persistence, I'm looking at a virtual dedicated server with root access as I can't find a dedicated server provider for a reasonable for my very small groups needs (£30+ a month is to much). Would that be enough for it to work? If anyone could point me in the direction of a provider for £25 or less month that defiantly works with alive war room if be extremely grateful

http://foxgamingservers.com/

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185076-Arma-3-Server-Sales

Cheers for the link though I was hoping for one UK / Europe based. I'll take a long none the less

Yep. For some reason taking an age to kick in on dedi servers, but it does work eventually (took 10 to 15 mins on my very busy map). No idea why it's different on dedi to local but we'll keep poking around at the innards.

Hey there Alive guys.....when i run the Sabotage mission, i receive a message on mission start along the lines of "there are 116 objectives in this opcom instance...try lowering to 80 for performance reasons".......any idea what this means and how i go about lowering the objective count?:confused:

Thanks.

It's not a problem. Generally for best performance we recommend limiting the TAOR so the AI military commander (OPCOM) has no more than 80 objectives to worry about. A few more or less won't make a huge difference though. If you want to edit it, you can either reduce the size of the TAOR zone or increase the filters in Mil Placement modules so they ignore small or low priority objectives.

Hey there Alive guys.....when i run the Sabotage mission, i receive a message on mission start along the lines of "there are 116 objectives in this opcom instance...try lowering to 80 for performance reasons".......any idea what this means and how i go about lowering the objective count?:confused:

Thanks.

It means that you have to many objective for the OPCOM. are you running this on a dedicated server or on a local?

What you can do either way is go into the editor and click on the diffrent objective modules that you have placed, then set the filtering to ignore small objectives, if that doesnt work try ignoring medium objectives to.

Im on a dedicated server so i have found out that i dont really need to worry about that warning i have no issues if i go over 80.

Edited by ChronicleDude
friznit2 beat me to it.

Aye I tried both gaming deluxe and arma3 servers, problem is I could never get War Room to work with either.

@friznit2, @ChronicleDude.......thanks for the intel guys.......i was deep in the woods.....you guys have lead me to the clearing!:)

Hi there,

would it be possible to get Cicada Island indexed ? It runs absolutely smooth and error-free with the latest AiA TP + Patch / Hotfix.

If this is the wrong place for placing such a question, please give me a link to the right place.

Thanks & Regards

Hi there,

would it be possible to get Cicada Island indexed ? It runs absolutely smooth and error-free with the latest AiA TP + Patch / Hotfix.

If this is the wrong place for placing such a question, please give me a link to the right place.

Thanks & Regards

You got the right place

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76097

Sorry Hazey :p

can alive control editor placed units? and how?

can alive control editor placed units? and how?

You can either sync those units to the Virtual AI system module or can you can change the "Synchronization Options" in the module so that it controls all units EXCEPT synced units. If you change it to the latter remember to sync any units that you don't want controlled by alive to the Virtual AI System module.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Can anyone point me in the right direction with getting the Iron Front Factions to work with the ALiVE Mod. I have been attempting to spawn enemy factions within the editor, however, I am having no luck at all.

I got the Faction Names from the ALiVE Wiki but they always spawn CSAT troops regardless of the overridden Faction that I select. Have the Class-names changed?

Update - it now works - lol (operator error maybe)

Edited by REAPER LOK