wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Is the multispawn module meant to be working at the moment? I can't get it to do anything other than spawn at the module location.

Is there an easy way to actually make CQB spawned units virtualized? Only for the fact that AI will see them outside of players radius not that they receive orders to attack.

I've noticed two files that were not in the latest update that were in previous releases.

sys_data_sql.pbo.ALiVE.bisign

sys_data_sql.pbo

Should I delete these as they are no longer needed? Or was the last update an "in addition to"?

thanks

subunit - yes it works fine. You need to ensure the markers / vehicle names are setup correctly as per the wiki.

Acoustic - CQB is an ambient module only. It's not hooked into the AI Commander for conventional ops (Occupy/Invasion) and technically does not form part of the virtual battlespace. It's simply there to give players the option to have towns more populated by AI when they arrive on the scene, because otherwise they can feel a bit empty with only a couple of groups in the area.

Dark_Spectre - every update is a complete package, so you can remove the old version and replace it with the new.

Having an issue with Opcom at the moment. As you can see in the pic, there are 2 TAOR. One south and one north for Blufor. Why does OPCOM send the North one to attack Pygros (not listed in the pic, but happens every time) whenever there is a good amount of OBJ in between it and pygros occupied by the enemy?

http://i.imgur.com/jYqfDKs.jpg

Last question (sorta 2, but they relate). Infantry (foot infantry, not mechanized) have little place in a typical attack and defend situation besides simply defending/garrisoning. Even patrolling on foot isn't typical unless in a simple insurgency situation where the enemy only has infantry themselves and even then it would have to be special terrain for only infantry to be sent. I could simply disable all infantry from being spawned and rely on CQB to cover the actual infantry purpose (patrol streets, garrison buildings, no attack missions, ect) but ALiVE doesn't virtualise them, so only the player would come in contact with such.

Even in the rare event that foot infantry would be sent for an attack (again, not mechanized), their coordination with other wheeled units is none so that they typically show up quite awhile after battle.

Any input/potential fix to my issue here?

Other then this, I am greatly enjoying the mod. Every update proves to be a new milestone. Thanks!

...........as a light infantryman this is simply not true, lol.

I've noticed two files that were not in the latest update that were in previous releases.

sys_data_sql.pbo.ALiVE.bisign

sys_data_sql.pbo

Should I delete these as they are no longer needed? Or was the last update an "in addition to"?

thanks

Those accidentally made it into the last build. Along time ago there was some work on a SQL plugin to the data module. :) Just delete them.

Hey guys,

Two things.

First, thank you so much for one of the most outstanding, game changing mods. Really incredible work, and I hope you continue to develop it into something even more mighty than it already is.

Second, I apologize but in my opinion, the new intro music is god-awful. Due to the repetitive nature of the track, it's very grating after just a few consecutive game loads.

I appreciate everything that you do, but between the ALiVE splash screen, the big Johari logo now on the main menu, and the new music, the mod promotion is a little over the top.

Love your mod beyond belief, but for the next version, I beg you, please stop hijacking the rest of the Arma user interface for it. Or at least, make this stuff easy to disable.

Thank you,

GG

I know i'm asking for stuff not officially supported, but why is it that ALiVE runs great using only custom objectives on some unsupported islands (Napf) while on others (Sauerland) i get an eternal loading screen? All using the exact same mission copied over in the editor + scripts in the mission folders.

Bornholm is broken for me as well btw., it either loads and gives me 0-5 fps in editor preview mode, horrible rubberbanding running on a dedicated, or doesn't load up at all.

Hey guys,

Two things.

First, thank you so much for one of the most outstanding, game changing mods. Really incredible work, and I hope you continue to develop it into something even more mighty than it already is.

Second, I apologize but in my opinion, the new intro music is god-awful. Due to the repetitive nature of the track, it's very grating after just a few consecutive game loads.

I appreciate everything that you do, but between the ALiVE splash screen, the big Johari logo now on the main menu, and the new music, the mod promotion is a little over the top.

Love your mod beyond belief, but for the next version, I beg you, please stop hijacking the rest of the Arma user interface for it. Or at least, make this stuff easy to disable.

Thank you,

GG

Very easy to disable, simply remove the intro.pbo

I know i'm asking for stuff not officially supported, but why is it that ALiVE runs great using only custom objectives on some unsupported islands (Napf) while on others (Sauerland) i get an eternal loading screen? All using the exact same mission copied over in the editor + scripts in the mission folders.

Bornholm is broken for me as well btw., it either loads and gives me 0-5 fps in editor preview mode, horrible rubberbanding running on a dedicated, or doesn't load up at all.

That's down to the way some custom maps are built. There's nothing we can do from an ALiVE perspective unfortunately.

subunit - yes it works fine. You need to ensure the markers / vehicle names are setup correctly as per the wiki.

Acoustic - CQB is an ambient module only. It's not hooked into the AI Commander for conventional ops (Occupy/Invasion) and technically does not form part of the virtual battlespace. It's simply there to give players the option to have towns more populated by AI when they arrive on the scene, because otherwise they can feel a bit empty with only a couple of groups in the area.

Dark_Spectre - every update is a complete package, so you can remove the old version and replace it with the new.

I am trying to get the AI to have to encounter these units as well. Could I just set the radius for it to spawn around the player really high (ie, 40 km) and then use ZBE caching to take some of the load off? I would imagine ZBE caching doesn't work with virtualized units, but CQB appears to be different.

Or would ZBE just mess the whole situation up?

I am trying to get the AI to have to encounter these units as well. Could I just set the radius for it to spawn around the player really high (ie, 40 km) and then use ZBE caching to take some of the load off? I would imagine ZBE caching doesn't work with virtualized units, but CQB appears to be different.

Or would ZBE just mess the whole situation up?

I use ZBE Caching with Alive Virtual unit. Set distance to 1000m for both script/module. Both system work well together.

I use ZBE Caching with Alive Virtual unit. Set distance to 1000m for both script/module. Both system work well together.

Why exactly do you use them together?

Hi Acoustic

We did it out of curiosity, to see if there is any performance gain or not. At this moment we are running a server that use mission base on ALIVE and @ZBE_Cache run server side. Our findings.

1. Alive will spawn and caching the Squad base on number set in AliVe.

2. Zbe_Cache will only cache the squad leader of the spawn squad.

3. Without Zbe_Cache, Alive will spawn if 1 fire team : 4 ai (all ai cache)

4. With Zbe-Cache + ALIVE: 1 Fire Team: Team Leader (Cache) + 3 ai team member (uncache).

Once we did a joint ops COOP-40 mission. Mission base on Alive system. Alive virtual AI spawn/populate 500 ai, in town, Zaros, Altis. We Set the Alive Cache to 1000m (same setting with @ZBE_Cache) and max number of ai to spawn 30 number. Ai Mod run on server side: a3f_comtarget + TPWCASS Suppression.

During Firefight, lowest framerate recorded on client side 16fps. (Number of Player:40). I myself getting average 20++ average FPS while recording the game. (my laptop spec: i7 with 780m). Server side getting around 30FPS average.

We did another test. Spawn approximately 6000 ai. with same mission configuration as above. but less player 20++. Result are the same. The Opposing force Ai is vanilla. (CSAT + FIA_Red).

Again we did this out of curiosity. Hope this give you an idea.

Cheers

Edited by azrink

All that's happening is the ALiVE Virtual Profiles are spawning and then ZBE is immediately caching them and then uncaching because the player is in range already. I'm not sure how that can possibly help?

Not sure if this has been asked, but will ambient wildlife modules be added?

No plans for ambient wildlife.

No plans for ambient wildlife.

That's a shame...it would make the game seem more alive...

why do you use Zbe_Cache, that's unnecessary!

ALiVE does already caching units so there is absolute no need for Zbe Cache!

Could somebody please help me and quickly write step-by-step how to give an OPCOM control over units I've manually placed in the editor?

I've read through the wiki but I'm still stuck :confused:

I want an OPCOM to use a static battery of Scorchers that I've placed on the map (with no fuel so they can't just ride off).

Thanks

Could somebody please help me and quickly write step-by-step how to give an OPCOM control over units I've manually placed in the editor?

I've read through the wiki but I'm still stuck :confused:

I want an OPCOM to use a static battery of Scorchers that I've placed on the map (with no fuel so they can't just ride off).

Thanks

I think you need to log in as Admin, then use the Alive Menu to Virtualice manually placed units with Editor or Zeus.

Custom built with scripts - just adding bits of uniforms to units in the editor for fun.