wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

New version of alive is not working with bornholm, please conform...
Same here Sir..

hangs at loading screen for me.. I was using RHS

Bornholm doesn't work for me either, with ALIVE itself or the included Insurgency template.
I'm having this problem with Bornholm unfortunately as well. Thanks for looking into it.
Can you guys fix Bornholm, please... Only CQB is working..
Bornholm does not load for me AT ALL. all I have is a ammo box....a very basic script for "sleeping" and 1 player unit. I have the required ALIVE modules, plus logistics / Mil commander / a civ objective and CQB.....and It loads REAL slow/ then never goes into gameplay. Mind you I only have 60 units spawning total...both CIv objectives only have 30 units each.....Anyone know whats up or what the problem is....Not a noobie but not a expert either....

A fix has been attempted. https://dev.withsix.com/issues/76084 no need to keep reporting.

-Haze

Hi,

I'm trying to add the ability to add an OPCOM objective mid mission. This would be used for building custom FOB's and then registering that area as an OPCOM so that the friendly faction will reinforce it and the enemy faction will attempt to capture it. I was wondering if there is a way to dynamically set the location of the objective. I tried using this code " if (isServer) then {{[_x,"addObjective", ["OPCOM_custom_1", [25657.2,22175.8,0.00129318], 100, "MIL", 200] ] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM; } foreach OPCOM_INSTANCES}; " from the wiki and changing the position to a point defined by onMapSingleClick but I couldn't get it working. Was just wondering if a dev or maybe Savage has used this in a mission or could help me with this. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Have not tried it with a map click option - does it work OK without? Also confirm your custom module is named OPCOM_custom_1 ?

You are right, I can't assure it's 'infinite' but I do have waited like 40min (Yes, I waited that long) and nope, nothing happened. If these issue hasn't been reported before, I will check my mission...... again.

Meant to check this yesterday but wife had different plans for me :p I'll check the map tonight and report back... 40 minutes is way too long (really if it's >10 minutes there is a problem). I would double check and make sure you have modules synced and not grouped in the editor. You could also post your RPT to pastebin and link here.

Edited by SavageCDN

Thank you for updating this fantastic mod Alive team, much appreciated.

Also, Duala!!!!!

Have not tried it with a map click option - does it work OK without? Also confirm your custom module is named OPCOM_custom_1 ?

Meant to check this yesterday but wife had different plans for me :p I'll check the map tonight and report back... 40 minutes is way too long (really if it's >10 minutes there is a problem). I would double check and make sure you have modules synced and not grouped in the editor. You could also post your RPT to pastebin and link here.

My apologies Savage, I misread the wiki a little bit and was using the wrong snippet in the first place. I'm using cjb_addObjectiveToSides now and it's working fine. Thanks for the reply.

Hello all,

I am trying to use triggers to move my ALiVE Respawn Markers along with my squad as they take their new FOB's.

I am using the following code in the on act.

"ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_BLU_F" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "INSERT1"; "ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_BLU_F" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "DEST1"; "respawn_west" setMarkerPos getMarkerPos "RW2"; hint "NEW FOB UNLOCKED!"

Whereas, when conditions are met and the trigger fires.

"ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_BLU_F" will relocate to marker position "INSERT1"

"ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_BLU_F" will relocate to marker position "DEST1"

and finally

"respawn_west" will relocate to marker position "RW2"

(all secondary markers are pre-placed at their first FOB)

My problem though, is setting the conditions under which the trigger fires setting these events into motion.

At the crux of the matter lies my need to be able to detect ALiVE Virtualized units. And how.

I found this

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Detect_Virtual_Units_.28Profiles.29_in_a_Trigger_Area

Which contained, If I'm translating correctly, something along the lines of:

Place this line of code in the condition field of a trigger. It will fire when there are virtualized groups in the selected area. It doesn't matter if they are spawned or not.

As an example they give this:

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0); 

>The trigger will be be true if there are virtualized AI groups of side EAST (string) within 50m's of the triggers position.

However no other information is provided, nor the Syntax explained.

So, for instance:

How can I tailor a triggers conditions to fire when there is say, only a certain percentage of virtualized units remaining?

Or, less than a single group? Or a specific number of units?

Conversely, how can I get a trigger to fire when there is MORE than a single unit or squad of Virtualized Units. Or occupies a larger percentage of the marker region then blufor?

What constitutes an "entity" in ["EAST","entity"] ?

Is "vehicle" the only other search type for virtualized entities?

As i stand now with what i have, if I create a trigger solely with the code provided, it fires instantly, my spawn point markers jump to an inhospitable FOB we've not yet secured and the insertion chopper is blown out of the sky for all following respawns.

And i don't even know why its fired!

I am in desperate need of contextual examples of the above.

I want to get my guys off the boat and let them spawn at their newly conquered and hard fought FOB (assuming they clear a 600m radii).

Or take it away by creating an inverse trigger.

But having a clearer understanding of the mechanism behind the code would help immensely.

teach this man to fish!

Thank you for taking the time to read whats turned into a novel of a question. :)

Edited by Dark_Spectre

From where I get ALiVE Beta Release 0.9.6.

Download links will be provided once we've done 0.9.6, if there is to be a 0.9.6.

Feel free to download and play 0.9.5 which is available from our Website, PlayWithSix or Armaholic.

DarkSpectre

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

"this condition is true if the the number of East Vehicles within 500m of the trigger location is greater than 0"

Note that it's not inside the trigger, but within range of the trigger location. Entitymeans any Virtual Entity (profile). If there are no profiles nearby at game start (which is likely because they take a moment to initialise and move around), the trigger will fire immediately. I would include a BLUFOR present condition as well so your players need to be physically on location and the area clear of enemy to x metres before the setmarkerpos happens. Mind you, if your players are there then all the Virtual Profiles within spawn range will be in the physical world anyway and you could just use regular count units side east or something similar. Calculating a percentage of profiles would require a fair bit more scripting and is beyond my meagre capabilities.

An alternative approach is to use the BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition and the respawn dialogue. I've been experimenting with using it in combination with ALiVE Multispawn and it works quite well. We're actually working on some enhancements in this areas to provide more flexibility along these lines.

I checked again and all modules are well synced each other. In fact, I'm just porting my own mission from Takistan (that works well) to N'Ziwasogo. I also made a new one with only Alive modules, no scripts or weird things but the result is the same that happens in Bornholm you know?

Thanks for your time brother, XOXO.

I'm having a small problem with ALiVE. Whenever I set a Player Combat Module for Transport to spawn, it spawns correctly, but is filled with AI troops in the back. Any ideas on why this is taking place? It seems to have started when we added RHS to our modpack, and I can't find a way to get the transport heli to spawn without AI troops in the back.

DarkSpectre

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","vehicle"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

"this condition is true if the the number of East Vehicles within 500m of the trigger location is greater than 0"

Note that it's not inside the trigger, but within range of the trigger location. Entitymeans any Virtual Entity (profile). If there are no profiles nearby at game start (which is likely because they take a moment to initialise and move around), the trigger will fire immediately. I would include a BLUFOR present condition as well so your players need to be physically on location and the area clear of enemy to x metres before the setmarkerpos happens. Mind you, if your players are there then all the Virtual Profiles within spawn range will be in the physical world anyway and you could just use regular count units side east or something similar. Calculating a percentage of profiles would require a fair bit more scripting and is beyond my meagre capabilities.

An alternative approach is to use the BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition and the respawn dialogue. I've been experimenting with using it in combination with ALiVE Multispawn and it works quite well. We're actually working on some enhancements in this areas to provide more flexibility along these lines.

Understood, thank you for that bit of clarification.

Trigger size is irrelevant when a condition expressing a radii is utilized.

Every little bit helps, genuinely!

I was reading elsewhere where it sort of eluded that the "timeout" variables actually represent troop strength or percentages of troops, not times.

But, you say I should leave everything else in the trigger stock?

Timeouts should all be 0?

"TYPE" should all be set as "NONE" as "EAST" is defined in the condition?

"ACTIVATION" should remain "NONE"?

is "Repeatedly" ok?

And is a factions status of present/not present over-ridden by the Conditions call of "EAST"

I am assuming I can change that faction to WEST, INDEPENDENT, etc.

Again, thank you very much for your time!

from what I've been told on reddit, this conditions requirements can be altered Boolean style:

< > # greater than, less than

=> # equal to or less than

=< # equal to or greater than

is this correct?

Working with triggers has been fairly straightforward,this however is the however the first time I've encountered one requiring a condition.

Ultimately its having the understanding, and thereby flexibly, of manipulating the firing of triggers that detect the presence of virtualized units that is the real necessity.

As always thank you!

ps For anyone curious, ig your placing units by zeus you must use the command serverside.

[] call ALIVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime;

To apply those recently placed units visible to the triggers ability to detect them as virtualized. a standard faction present trigger would be required otherwise. I have the command in the onact of a radio trigger, not sure if that's Global friendly, but.

Edited by Dark_Spectre
politeness

My apologies Savage, I misread the wiki a little bit and was using the wrong snippet in the first place. I'm using cjb_addObjectiveToSides now and it's working fine. Thanks for the reply.

No worries mate I'm glad it's working now ;)

I checked again and all modules are well synced each other. In fact, I'm just porting my own mission from Takistan (that works well) to N'Ziwasogo. I also made a new one with only Alive modules, no scripts or weird things but the result is the same that happens in Bornholm you know?

Thanks for your time brother, XOXO.

I fired up NZ map and was able to get it loading in although it did spit out some script errors and I noticed one of the civ locations is actually off the map. I would try deleting and replacing all your alive modules and try again (especially if you copy/pasted from your Taki mission).. or for a quick test put down one player, ALiVE Required, ALiVE Virtual AI, Mil and Civ placement modules set to objectives only.. you should be able to preview fine and (with debug on) see the detected locations.

NOTE: I have AllinArma terrain pack loaded as well as A3MP I have not tried it with just A3MP running.

I'm having a small problem with ALiVE. Whenever I set a Player Combat Module for Transport to spawn, it spawns correctly, but is filled with AI troops in the back. Any ideas on why this is taking place? It seems to have started when we added RHS to our modpack, and I can't find a way to get the transport heli to spawn without AI troops in the back.

I believe this has to do with the new FFV features and should be fixed in the next version of ALiVE. If you try it without RHS units does it do the same thing? What chopper are you using for transport? It's possible there is a config issue somewhere...

edit: existing ticket http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75997

For those asking, Bornholm index has been fixed and will be available next update (which should be Soonâ„¢)

Edited by SavageCDN

Profiling Zeus units set and forget style - init.sqf:

if (isServer) then {
   [] spawn {
       while {true} do {
           sleep 60;
           [] call ALiVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime;
       };
   };
};

Having an issue with Opcom at the moment. As you can see in the pic, there are 2 TAOR. One south and one north for Blufor. Why does OPCOM send the North one to attack Pygros (not listed in the pic, but happens every time) whenever there is a good amount of OBJ in between it and pygros occupied by the enemy?

http://i.imgur.com/jYqfDKs.jpg

Last question (sorta 2, but they relate). Infantry (foot infantry, not mechanized) have little place in a typical attack and defend situation besides simply defending/garrisoning. Even patrolling on foot isn't typical unless in a simple insurgency situation where the enemy only has infantry themselves and even then it would have to be special terrain for only infantry to be sent. I could simply disable all infantry from being spawned and rely on CQB to cover the actual infantry purpose (patrol streets, garrison buildings, no attack missions, ect) but ALiVE doesn't virtualise them, so only the player would come in contact with such.

Even in the rare event that foot infantry would be sent for an attack (again, not mechanized), their coordination with other wheeled units is none so that they typically show up quite awhile after battle.

Any input/potential fix to my issue here?

Other then this, I am greatly enjoying the mod. Every update proves to be a new milestone. Thanks!

Hi All,

Since the latest update I cant seem to get Combat Logistics to work properly on a Dserver. It works if I host it and I call a air drop or convoy etc. But in the Dserver, they ( AIcom?) acknowledge my requests , but nothing ever turns up.

Could someone test it on their dserver and let me know if its working for them. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Accoustic: On the first one, I suspect it's because OPCOM considers it the nearest high priority objective to BLUFOR so everything will head there. It's not intelligent enough to work split its forces into different sub units. If you want an independent OPCOM you'll have to set up the Northern group as a different faction and give it a separate commander.

I can only speak for the British Army having not served with any others in a conventional capacity (apart from briefly with Chile for some random reason), but we use light infantry all the time in conventional warfare for both attack and defence. Armoured Inf are great when combined with MBTs but entrenched light inf are excellent for deliberate defence and attacking built up areas where armour is at its most vulnerable. Of course, if you're on wide open armour friendly terrain (like most of Altis) and have a lot of AFV & IFV at your disposal then they will tend to get left behind. It's rare that Light Inf don't have some form of transport mind you (trucks, APCs, helicopters) for this reason but in this case we're reliant on whatever Cfg Groups are defined. Btw, in your scenario does it not meet your requirements anyway because they arrive as follow up forces for garrison duty? :P

You could disable dismounted inf (and inf BCR's in the Logistics module) and manually call them in via Player Logistics, with the option selected to hand them off to OPCOM on arrival. Or use/define some motorised inf groups, which should (hopefully) dismount when attacking.

Terminus: will double check, but was working great last night!

Just tested again and found Combat logistics is working again for me. Not sure what happened.

---------- Post added at 14:46 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Just another problem we are having with Alive on Chernarus.

We can never complete the task Attack Civilian objective. It spawns little base out in the middle of nowhere. We blow up everything at the base it fails to complete. It does says to clear a town nearby, but there are no indicators as to which town.

link to screenshot

Tried ALiVE for the first time today and used the Insurgency-Mission provided in the demo folder. When launching a dedicated server and connecting to it I can't get past the loading screen. I hear the intro playing and after that I'm able to move around but still the loading screen is visible. Am I doing something wrong?

Mods used: @cba_a3, @alive, aliveserver, @acre2, @agm

Server rpt: http://pastebin.com/BsnNnVpC

Edited by bux578
formatting

Tried ALiVE for the first time today and used the Insurgency-Mission provided in the demo folder. When launching a dedicated server and connecting to it I can't get past the loading screen. I hear the intro playing and after that I'm able to move around but still the loading screen is visible. Am I doing something wrong?

Mods used: @cba_a3, @alive, aliveserver, @acre2, @agm

Server rpt: http://pastebin.com/BsnNnVpC

Can't see anything obvious in your RPT.. have you tried it without @ALiVEserver loaded? Usually if it takes > 10 minutes to load there is a problem (and it will only take that long on big maps like Altis with lots of objectives, etc).

Can't see anything obvious in your RPT.. have you tried it without @ALiVEserver loaded? Usually if it takes > 10 minutes to load there is a problem (and it will only take that long on big maps like Altis with lots of objectives, etc).

Will try.

Profiling Zeus units set and forget style - init.sqf:

if (isServer) then {
   [] spawn {
       while {true} do {
           sleep 60;
           [] call ALiVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime;
       };
   };
};

nice! thx

I'm setting up a persistent mission for the first time and doing some testing. All my modules are set to persistent where applicable but I can figure out how to fix the following:

The Player Logisitics works but when I pick a heli drop for instance of ammo nothing happens. It says its requested but that it.

I hit Server Save & Exit but nothing happens. I hit Player Exit and it says saved ok. When I restart the server the vehicles I've moved around to test are back at their start points. I want it so vehicles and backpacks with content stay where they are by being saved. If my server does an auto restart I need it to save everything as is if possible. If I have an OP set up all the objects have to remain in place.

Admin player controls function in editor but not on server. I was wanting to debug but its just the logisitcs and combat support options that come up due to the Player Support module.

All the other modules I've used work fine.

Thanks in advance :)

I am having a problem with ALive on a new server (rented). I've installed CBA, ALiVE and AliveServer and my client is running CBA and ALiVE (all lastest versions). Whenever the server hosts an alive based mission clients will either get stuck on the loading screen after pressing play or if we get to the map screen before the mission starts it will say connection to host lost with a red chain. This happens on every Alive demo mission and downloaded. This is a fresh server and fresh client installs updated to 1.38 with no mods other the ALive and CBA.

Markh - you'll need to click server save & exit for it to save. Autorestarts are not (currently) supported by ALiVE. Vehicles are only saved on get in/get out events. Admin controls....are you sure you're logged in as admin on the server? They're rock solid, never had an issue with them.

Player Logistics will only work if you are the same faction as the Mil Placement / OPCOM. You will then be able to request anything from that Side. We've built more user feedback into the next version to make this a little clearer.

Echoj7 - don't use @ALiVEServer unless you have database set up in the War Room. Wait on the map screen for a couple of mins before loading into the mission. This often helps.

Markh - you'll need to click server save & exit for it to save. Autorestarts are not (currently) supported by ALiVE. Vehicles are only saved on get in/get out events. Admin controls....are you sure you're logged in as admin on the server? They're rock solid, never had an issue with them.

Player Logistics will only work if you are the same faction as the Mil Placement / OPCOM. You will then be able to request anything from that Side. We've built more user feedback into the next version to make this a little clearer.

Echoj7 - don't use @ALiVEServer unless you have database set up in the War Room. Wait on the map screen for a couple of mins before loading into the mission. This often helps.

Ok, thanks.

The logistics module works in that I can select the relevant faction vehicle and type but nothing appears i.e air drop or heli drop. I'm using RHS AFRF factions if that makes any difference.

If i set the server to stay on without restarts objects and vehicles will remain in place then? I'll check my admin set up. There must be something up.