wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

All those posts about an insurgent faction for RHS confuses me too : as far as I know RHS only depicts elements of american and russian armies.

Just popping by with another question regarding ALiVE and the RHS insurgents. Is there a way to force the units to use more vehicles? After setting everything i up i realize that military vehicles (BTRs mostly) only spawn on roadblocks. There is not a single vehicle patrolling the roads and such. Anybody got a suggestion, or some input on why?

This is even when setting the force to armored or mechanized. I have only seen one APC occupy a city, and that was an AAF apc that is not even included in the faction.

and to all mentioning having problems with the RHS Insurgents Faction

use this little addon I made with permission from RHS Developers

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184842-RHS-Escalation-%28AFRF-and-USAF%29-Release-0-3-5-%28UPDATED%29&p=2865090&viewfull=1#post2865090

without this addon ALiVE will only spawn Infantry !

Edited by maquez

Hi, I have a little problem (don't know if it's with ALiVE, but I sent the question).

When I make an ALiVE map, all the module are good, spawned infantry, tank etc etc... But in every map, I have some flags on a corner of the map, and some units spawn on it, I had try the multispawn system on some maps, with the insertion, and the helicopter spawn here, on the flag, not on the point I want, but on the flags.

it is normal ?

1424862252-cba-flag.jpg

All those posts about an insurgent faction for RHS confuses me too : as far as I know RHS only depicts elements of american and russian armies.

Load in with just RHS and check under independent. You will have an insurgency faction using RHS resources.

Ok. So, can someone explain the grid feature for CQB? I've read the wiki a few times and still haven't got it.

Also, do CQB spawn if a virtualized unit attacks and no players are around?

Lastly, will syncing the module to the 2 placement modules override the town/strategic option?

If you've played A2 Insurgency it's similar to that.. adds red marker squares at each possible spawn location for CQB. Players must 'clear' the square of enemies by searching buildings. Square will not clear if player is in a vehicle. For the grid marker types make sure for now you set them to the same if you have multiple CQB modules (ie: solid marker).

No CQB units do not spawn with virtual groups... players must be near for this to occur.

Yes syncing the module will override the Entire Map option.. don't think that is the case for the type (civ/strategic) but perhaps a dev can confirm?

We were having issues with the index and thought we got this one squashed. Ill take another look at it, however I verified all the other ones that got indexed are working as they should.

I'm having this problem with Bornholm unfortunately as well. Thanks for looking into it.

I am having an issue where the missions I download of the Alive website don't work properly. I'm pretty sure I am meant to be the squad leader but I am not as the squad leader just stands there but I have a few of his guys following me.

Is multispawn still work like the wiki source? I cant get it to work, could be my fault ;)

In server rpt i get this: http://pastebin.com/sH7ZGR47

i was alone on the server and killed me, i get the screen like on the youtube tutorial but nothing happens. I set timer to 15 or 40.

Hello guys, I'm having issues with the index in N'Ziwasogo BUT this is happening even in previous version of Alive. Has this issue been reported before with N'Zwasogo?

Hello guys, I'm having issues with the index in N'Ziwasogo BUT this is happening even in previous version of Alive. Has this issue been reported before with N'Zwasogo?

What issues?

Is multispawn still work like the wiki source? I cant get it to work, could be my fault ;)

In server rpt i get this: http://pastebin.com/sH7ZGR47

i was alone on the server and killed me, i get the screen like on the youtube tutorial but nothing happens. I set timer to 15 or 40.

Nothing wrong in that rpt. Multispawn works fine - be sure you have the required markers placed and the faction you are playing written in place of the %faction% bit in the name box. Don't forget you still need respawn=3 in description.ext too!

What issues?

Like infinite loading screen. Sometimes i can hear my footsteps or even when I shoot but the loading screen is still there. I have also set the TAOR covering 25% to reduce the indexing process but it is still the same.

Edited by AlexSegen

Nothing wrong in that rpt. Multispawn works fine - be sure you have the required markers placed and the faction you are playing written in place of the %faction% bit in the name box. Don't forget you still need respawn=3 in description.ext too!

I did the same as in the youtube video (same as wiki) + respawn=3; . Does it interfere with AGM perhaps?

Here is a snipped from my rpt, lots of errors:

http://pastebin.com/jmac6jvg

I didnt set elsewhere respawn stuff.

I set:

Modul to: Insertion

Respawn Timeout 40

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_OPF_F

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWN_OPF_F

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_OPF_F

Edited by Numrollen

Like infinite loading screen. Sometimes i can hear my footsteps or even when I shoot but the loading screen is still there. I have also set the TAOR covering 25% to reduce the indexing process but it is still the same.

How do you know the loading screen is infinite? How long have you waited? Just because you can hear footsteps etc does not mean that something has gone wrong, some ALiVE setups can take a long time to load. Do you have a RPT you can pastebin where this is replicated?

Hi,

I'm trying to add the ability to add an OPCOM objective mid mission. This would be used for building custom FOB's and then registering that area as an OPCOM so that the friendly faction will reinforce it and the enemy faction will attempt to capture it. I was wondering if there is a way to dynamically set the location of the objective. I tried using this code " if (isServer) then {{[_x,"addObjective", ["OPCOM_custom_1", [25657.2,22175.8,0.00129318], 100, "MIL", 200] ] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM; } foreach OPCOM_INSTANCES}; " from the wiki and changing the position to a point defined by onMapSingleClick but I couldn't get it working. Was just wondering if a dev or maybe Savage has used this in a mission or could help me with this. Thanks in advance for any responses.

At this stage it's looking increasingly like only Bornholm can fix Bornholm, but we'll keep plugging away and see if we can find a way to make it index. Just not built like other maps it seems.

Bornholm does not load for me AT ALL. all I have is a ammo box....a very basic script for "sleeping" and 1 player unit. I have the required ALIVE modules, plus logistics / Mil commander / a civ objective and CQB.....and It loads REAL slow/ then never goes into gameplay. Mind you I only have 60 units spawning total...both CIv objectives only have 30 units each.....Anyone know whats up or what the problem is....Not a noobie but not a expert either....

Hi,

what would I need to add to this to get ALiVE spawned units to force flashlight? it works perfectly with editor placed units. My scripting knowledge is basically nil so any help most appreciated.

{
   private ["_unit"];
   _unit = _x;

if (local _unit && !isplayer _unit && !("acc_flashlight" in primaryWeaponItems _unit)) then {

if ("acc_pointer_IR" in primaryWeaponItems _unit) then {_x removePrimaryWeaponItem "acc_pointer_IR"};
   _unit addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight";    // Add flashlight

{
           if (_x in assigneditems _unit) exitWith {_unit unlinkItem _x};
      } forEach ["NVGoggles_OPFOR","NVGoggles_INDEP","NVGoggles"];
   };

_unit enablegunlights "forceOn";y

} forEach allUnits;

Hi,

what would I need to add to this to get ALiVE spawned units to force flashlight? it works perfectly with editor placed units. My scripting knowledge is basically nil so any help most appreciated.

{
   private ["_unit"];
   _unit = _x;

if (local _unit && !isplayer _unit && !("acc_flashlight" in primaryWeaponItems _unit)) then {

if ("acc_pointer_IR" in primaryWeaponItems _unit) then {_x removePrimaryWeaponItem "acc_pointer_IR"};
   _unit addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight";    // Add flashlight

{
           if (_x in assigneditems _unit) exitWith {_unit unlinkItem _x};
      } forEach ["NVGoggles_OPFOR","NVGoggles_INDEP","NVGoggles"];
   };

_unit enablegunlights "forceOn";y

} forEach allUnits;

You can put this in the description.ext, just make sure you apply checks if you want the script to work only on only opfor or only blufor units. Change the _unit variable in " init = "_unit call " to whatever variable you use for the unit that will be calling this. For ex. in your script it looks like the local variable _unit is used for the unit you want the flashlight to be turned on for so I changed it to _unit already so I believe it should already work with the script you posted. Also note that depending on other scripts running in the mission this can take a little bit to initialize. Good luck.

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class Man {

init = "_unit call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";

};

};

---------- Post added at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 ----------

Bornholm does not load for me AT ALL. all I have is a ammo box....a very basic script for "sleeping" and 1 player unit. I have the required ALIVE modules, plus logistics / Mil commander / a civ objective and CQB.....and It loads REAL slow/ then never goes into gameplay. Mind you I only have 60 units spawning total...both CIv objectives only have 30 units each.....Anyone know whats up or what the problem is....Not a noobie but not a expert either....

Basically read the above posts, it seems to only be working with CQB right now. Bornholm has been a bit weird in every release of it's indexing.

Edited by SpyderBlack723

Load in with just RHS and check under independent. You will have an insurgency faction using RHS resources.

For all the RHS queries, ALiVE profiles can only work with factions that have groups setup, for RHS here's the breakdown of factions that have groups vs those that don't

RHS factions with groups:

rhs_faction_usarmy_wd

rhs_faction_usarmy_d

rhs_faction_msv

rhs_faction_vdv

RHS factions with no groups

rhs_faction_usmc_wd

rhs_faction_usmc_d

rhs_faction_usaf

rhs_faction_usn

rhs_faction_vmf

rhs_faction_vv

rhs_faction_tv

rhs_faction_vpvo

rhs_faction_vvs

rhs_faction_vvs_c

rhs_faction_rva

rhs_faction_insurgents

Many of these factions just have vehicles etc, which we have tried to amalgamate in our mappings for rhs_faction_msv and rhs_faction_vdv so at least the vehicles will spawn.

But until RHS creates groups for the factions that currently don't have them configured, theres not much we can do, so hopefully RHS team will create groups where applicable.

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class Man {

init = "_unit call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";

};

};

Thanks mate, worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help. Thankyou.

How do you know the loading screen is infinite? How long have you waited? Just because you can hear footsteps etc does not mean that something has gone wrong, some ALiVE setups can take a long time to load. Do you have a RPT you can pastebin where this is replicated?

You are right, I can't assure it's 'infinite' but I do have waited like 40min (Yes, I waited that long) and nope, nothing happened. If these issue hasn't been reported before, I will check my mission...... again.