wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

active limiter to 100 units

Might want to set that lower, because that's not units it's groups. You set the active limiter to 100 groups. lol

On a fresh reboot on any A2 map you can achieve High 60+ FPS Clients (my system is vsynced at 60) Server runs at 47 tp 48 FPS - we're with Hetzner btw. We run @25 mods including AI mods.

However as soon as you have lots more players join you'll get around 35-40 as a good baseline result (I consider 35+ mid battle in Arma3 with mods and COOP to be good playable frames - anything more is bonus)

1500m spawn is way too far in my opinion. Unless you only have like 1 or 2 groups out there. If you build in Civs and CQB, 1500m is a massive area with WAY too many Ai spawned at once. First thing first reduce this down to 800m MAX (don't let idiots who think that Camping with a sniper rifle is decant MP gameplay, tell you otherwise - this is a group sport and should be enjoyed up close and personal!)

Ensure that aircraft are NOT spawning units when they overfly zones.

Set the max groups at one time to 30 - see what frames that gets you.

Altis is tricky as you must filter objects and numbers of CQB etc - it's very resource heavy for ALiVE - anyway who plays on Altis... boring.....

Sounds like great advice and ill be pushing and playing with all this to see what results we get. i appreciate your construtive input! either way we play daily and rejoice whenever we happen to see 30 frames but typically 25....35 will be a huge improvement!

are you running any AI modifiers like ASR_AI and any mods on that or is that vanilla gameplay? i have NEVER been able to accomplish such feats either you have have hit BUT we are looking to start pushing for better frame rates as our group sees mid 20's with 35 in the limiter, 1500meter spawn radius and 1200 units.....civ limiter is set to 15.....@500meters and we get hammered at 25fps have moved servers with my host BlueFangSolutions already....we use ASR_AI's Newest but we tested it without it...and it didn't really make a noticeable difference in frames...so i ask because i wonder if im just doing this wrong....but by the sounds of it....im not as one guy is stating 100 in the active limiter?! i saw the insurgency mission with this release runs a 25 active limiter so ill be trying that out with his 1200 meter radius and see what happens....

WHO IS YOUR SERVER HOST? thats intense performance man.....and are you running any AI mods? or any other mods for that matter? CSE or anything like that?

I have to say that we are a fairly small group (8 players) so that alone will give me alot more fps. And yeah were using asr ai mod and alot of other mods (around 30). The big ones are JSRS Dragonfyre RC4, Blastcore phoenix, Rhs us and russia, ASR_AI and AGM. Im just using another computer as dedicated server sitting next to me, so far it does the job. When i do #monitor on the server we average 40fps dipping down to 30 fps if you are standing close to the ai respawn. (lots of parachutes!) This is with 40 groups on the active limiter, and 1200 spawn range, oh and i have a really low civ population for some reason they are really hard on the preformance.(Atleast for us)

Oh and yeah like the commado said Altis is a big fps hog we stay away from that map.

Might want to set that lower, because that's not units it's groups. You set the active limiter to 100 groups. lol

Thats alot of fighting right there.

Edited by ChronicleDude
Minor edit

for some reason after this last update the mission crashes the server - was all working fine until last update - any idea ?

Updated:- @alive & @aliveserver

Changed the Mission names as well just to be safe

Extensions:
 Arma2Net.Unmanaged (C:\Steamcmd\arma3_3\@AliveServer\Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll)
Distribution: 0
Version 1.38.128937
Fault time: 2015/02/24 16:39:55
Fault address:  75694B32 01:00013B32 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
file:     1PARA_TOTALWARS (__cur_mp)
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: 20 83 64 24 10 00 8D 04 24 50 FF 15 80 83 71 75
Fault code bytes: 8B 4C 24 54 33 CC E8 07 72 FF FF 8B E5 5D C2 10

rolled back and it start's fine !

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

Okay not im just starting to think blacklist markers aren't working all together actually(touching on my other post about that)....lol or am i crazy? i name it, i put it black list....i spawn in it...(its 800m wide mind you) and right in the center i have european rebels shooting at me....so am i missing a step?

Working OK for me! Is the blacklist actually covering the objectives you want excluded from the Placement module(s)? Try turning debug on each module in turn to be sure there isn't a cluster of dots over the area.

Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you for your work. Im trying to get back to arma and this mod helps heaps.

Now, is it normal behavior with unsupported maps (Gorgona) that using Alive causes the game to hang infinitely at loading (spawning just 60AI)?

New version of alive is not working with bornholm, please conform...

Hangs at loading screen for me.. just going to confirm it's not something on my end then re-open ticket

edit: CQB seems to work however

Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you for your work. Im trying to get back to arma and this mod helps heaps.

Now, is it normal behavior with unsupported maps (Gorgona) that using Alive causes the game to hang infinitely at loading (spawning just 60AI)?

Yes placement modules will not work on maps that haven't yet been indexed by the ALiVE devs. You can use other features though (Combat Support, Player stuff, etc).

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76083

Edited by SavageCDN

Just popping by with another question regarding ALiVE and the RHS insurgents. Is there a way to force the units to use more vehicles? After setting everything i up i realize that military vehicles (BTRs mostly) only spawn on roadblocks. There is not a single vehicle patrolling the roads and such. Anybody got a suggestion, or some input on why?

This is even when setting the force to armored or mechanized. I have only seen one APC occupy a city, and that was an AAF apc that is not even included in the faction.

When running the server with the @AliveServer causing the server crash with the following error:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:	arma3server.exe
 Problem Signature 02:	1.38.128.937
 Problem Signature 03:	54bd423f
 Problem Signature 04:	Arma2Net.Unmanaged
 Problem Signature 05:	0.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 06:	50360e12
 Problem Signature 07:	6
 Problem Signature 08:	14
 Problem Signature 09:	System.IO.FileNotFoundException
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
 Locale ID:	1033
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
 C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

use the windows 2008 RC2 as Administrator with all permissions given the DLL's of @AliveServer

Does the CQB module spawn more units once an obj has been taken? Ie, blufor takes a Opfor occupied town with CQB module on, does blufor repopulate the town with CQB after?

Just saw this bullet point

*Exorcised the saboteur from the Player Combat Logistic system

NOICE, Thanks for the update. and that bullet point is the icing on the cake

Edited by Lordprimate

Chickenchief - I've still yet to find any solid details on what groups the RHS Insurgency faction even has. No idea what they have in the config so I can't tell you what should be happening with them.

capswat - please make sure you are using the complete and most up to date @aliveserver folder in the latest download and replace the data modules in your mission to be on the safe side. I've been running with no issues on the VCB test server, both new and old ALiVE missions with full persistence and some of the more popular mod packs (RHS, LOP, TFR etc). Fwiw it's a Win2K8 server as well so it's definitely all working.

Acoustic - yes, if you have CQB set to dominant faction.

Lordprimate - it was your repro mission that finally nailed the issue, thanks!

Chickenchief - I've still yet to find any solid details on what groups the RHS Insurgency faction even has. No idea what they have in the config so I can't tell you what should be happening with them.

Russian TOYS section will give the details on classnames ya?

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/RHS:AFRF

factions and classnames of groups i guess?

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/Category:AFRF_Factions

pick one of the MANY FACTIONS....and see the sub classes.....christ almighty....

US side TOYS:

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/RHS:USAF

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/Category:USAF_Factions

ive used the faction names and they worked...but i dropped this mod set as it was just too much for too little...annnnnnnd we hate ACU lmao

The main problem is that military vehicles are only being spawned in at roadblocks, and its the same vehicle at every single one. Even when switching the preferred force to armored or mechanized, it still does not spawn patrolling vehicles.

Ok. So, can someone explain the grid feature for CQB? I've read the wiki a few times and still haven't got it.

Also, do CQB spawn if a virtualized unit attacks and no players are around?

Lastly, will syncing the module to the 2 placement modules override the town/strategic option?

Hangs at loading screen for me.. just going to confirm it's not something on my end then re-open ticket

Yes placement modules will not work on maps that haven't yet been indexed by the ALiVE devs. You can use other features though (Combat Support, Player stuff, etc).

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76083

Same here Sir..

hangs at loading screen for me.. I was using RHS

Bornholm doesn't work for me either, with ALIVE itself or the included Insurgency template.

Bornholm doesn't work for me either, with ALIVE itself or the included Insurgency template.

We were having issues with the index and thought we got this one squashed. Ill take another look at it, however I verified all the other ones that got indexed are working as they should.

When running the server with the @AliveServer causing the server crash with the following error:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
 Problem Signature 01:	arma3server.exe
 Problem Signature 02:	1.38.128.937
 Problem Signature 03:	54bd423f
 Problem Signature 04:	Arma2Net.Unmanaged
 Problem Signature 05:	0.0.0.0
 Problem Signature 06:	50360e12
 Problem Signature 07:	6
 Problem Signature 08:	14
 Problem Signature 09:	System.IO.FileNotFoundException
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
 Locale ID:	1033
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
 C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

use the windows 2008 RC2 as Administrator with all permissions given the DLL's of @AliveServer

Does the old @AliveServer work for you?

The main problem is that military vehicles are only being spawned in at roadblocks, and its the same vehicle at every single one. Even when switching the preferred force to armored or mechanized, it still does not spawn patrolling vehicles.

I think maby you are using a insurgency faction that dont have groups set up so alive can use them. Try go in to the editor find the insurgency faction you are using and go to groups (F2) and see under the diffrent tabs Armor mechanized and so on. if you cant find anything there neither can Opcom. And the roadnlocks will only spawn with the same ish vehicle :)

for some reason after this last update the mission crashes the server - was all working fine until last update - any idea ?

Updated:- @alive & @aliveserver

Changed the Mission names as well just to be safe

Extensions:
 Arma2Net.Unmanaged (C:\Steamcmd\arma3_3\@AliveServer\Arma2Net.Unmanaged.dll)
Distribution: 0
Version 1.38.128937
Fault time: 2015/02/24 16:39:55
Fault address:  75694B32 01:00013B32 C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
file:     1PARA_TOTALWARS (__cur_mp)
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: 20 83 64 24 10 00 8D 04 24 50 FF 15 80 83 71 75
Fault code bytes: 8B 4C 24 54 33 CC E8 07 72 FF FF 8B E5 5D C2 10

rolled back and it start's fine !

the old @AliveServer works for me but the new one crashes the server

mastermind - thanks, but I'm aware of the RHS wiki. There's no mention on an Insurgency faction on there that I can see, unless I'm completely blind. I've been messing around on Bystrica with various main RHS factions and it all appears to be working as intended.