wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

If i recall correctly, it's "rhs_faction_insurgents".

After update I have problems starting AliveServer causing server crash, someone with the same problem?

After update I have problems starting AliveServer causing server crash, someone with the same problem?

I seem to be having the same problem. All my missions not using alive work fine. I try loading up a newly creation alive mission and have also tried an older one that was working fine yesterday.....crash.

Edited by DoRo

I seem to be having the same problem. All my missions not using alive work fine. I try loading up a newly creation alive mission and have also tried an older one that was working fine yesterday.....crash.

I made a new mission it works perfectly without AliveServer, but when I run the server with AliveServer cause crash

Hey there. i debugged it went over everything.....i believe it has to do with adding a marker to blacklisting......without adding a TAOR. i figured an empty TAOR with a specific black listed marker would just populate the whole map and avoid the blacklist...but it seems to cause a hanging loading screen (with the whole playable game in the background) but it gives no debug information in the chat while in preview. GRANTED its easy enough to NOT do this and simply define markers or none at all which can be SOP. just figured id share that and see if it was anything unusual.

For those of you with server crash issues please chuck you RPT file (while replicating the crash) in a pastebin.

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Hey there. i debugged it went over everything.....i believe it has to do with adding a marker to blacklisting......without adding a TAOR. i figured an empty TAOR with a specific black listed marker would just populate the whole map and avoid the blacklist...but it seems to cause a hanging loading screen (with the whole playable game in the background) but it gives no debug information in the chat while in preview. GRANTED its easy enough to NOT do this and simply define markers or none at all which can be SOP. just figured id share that and see if it was anything unusual.

I'll see if I can replicate this, thanks for the headsup!

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Can someone enlighten me on why ALiVE doesnt want to load please...

http://www.jlhughes.info/Private/wtf1.jpg (131 kB)

http://www.jlhughes.info/Private/wtf2.jpg

http://www.jlhughes.info/Private/wtf3.jpg

Using latest versions of both Alive & CBA on Steam version of A3

Thx in advance.

Looks like ALiVE is not loaded there for sure, I would try re downloading ALiVE from our website and giving that a shot.

QUESTION: can we use spawn on squad AND have the option to insert? we are working off of a carrier and i have it working nicely to insert onto the carrier because the respawn_west just wont work with the set height tricks/scripts of old. issue is we would like to have the option to spawn on squad mate as well...what is the combination required to achieve this? i figure if when the multispawn is set to squad leader you can do that or respawn_west so i figure you can do the same with other options....??

[MIL OPCOM] Extracted temp function, enabled syncing of CQB module, some more WIP work

Does syncing cqb to an opcom do anything at the moment?

Only issue I ever had (not to say i'm important, just another player lol) and what keeps me going back and forth between Hetman and this is how Opcom always blitzes forward with no real tactics. I saw a couple of posts awhile back about how you guys intended to include some updates to the Opcom, how soon might we see those and what are the details?

Does syncing cqb to an opcom do anything at the moment?

^this

Also, ALiVE doesn't want to load leights OP For units, idk why. works like a charm with vanilla units btw

is there a way to place alive modules "live" while in zeus?

i mean it would be fantastic to be able to drop alive TAOR zones and set it up in zeus, and then activate it to spawn units

if this possible - it will make all and any kind of mission making go away ;)

^^ This would be awesome!!

Regarding dynamic TAOR's. Is there way to do this? I have had the idea of dynamically adding and removing the markers from the TOAR list. I tried looking for a post that might relate to this but couldnt find anything. I saw a couple of pages back, I that alot of ALIVE functions etc is loaded up when the mission starts and it wouldnt be possible to do this. Am I wrong?

well,not very clear about the @Aliveserver.Is that means I only need to load the @Aliveserver on server side or both on server and Client side?

Server side only.

For all those having crashes with @ALIVEServer, please ensure you are using the latest one in the download.

Syncing CQB to OPCOM is work in progress for Aymmetric Warfare. It won't do anything recognisable just yet.

TAORs cannot be dynamic - objectives are initialised during loading. You can however add/remove individual objectives during runtime using functions. Please see the wiki for details.

ALiVE will only work with addons that have groups properly configured. RHS uses a unique naming convention that we've had to work around specially given its popularity. This is a one off though, we simply cannot support every addon or we'd never finish! I have no idea if their insurgent faction even has groups defined.

Accoustic - fyi, the OPCOM cycle on Invasion mode is as follow: assess objective priorities, recce nearest high priority objective, count number of groups available, attack objective, assess remaining groups available, if >~5 recce repeat, if <5 defend objective await reinforcements. The decision cycle is pretty quick (as in reality) and if it has a lot of forces available and meets no resistance, it will sweep through fast (as in reality). As mentioned before to your last post on the same subject, we are considering adding different command personalities in future (e.g. more aggressive or cautious), but tactically they will still work roughly the same way. What other tactics are you expecting to see?

Only issue I ever had (not to say i'm important, just another player lol) and what keeps me going back and forth between Hetman and this is how Opcom always blitzes forward with no real tactics. I saw a couple of posts awhile back about how you guys intended to include some updates to the Opcom, how soon might we see those and what are the details?

I was the one posting back a few pages about the same "problem" that you have now, i had a mission set up 50% of map was US and 50% was enemy (LOP_IT). Problem was that in matter of hours the US would obliterate all resistance and win the war, witch really is the opcoms top task. And if you look at it from a tactical view the blitz is really a very good tactic if you can pull it off and seense US have superiour units and equipment he can pull it off.

Tried the same mission just this time i put in russians (us and russians are both from rhs), this time the fight took a while longer but still yielded the same results US won. Both sides have mil.obj and civ.obj (1200 units on both 2400 each).

So what we did is that i reduced the force size on the US side and added more custom.obj modules to the middle of the map (as told here in the post) to get some more fighting in the center of the map. And voila the war lasted close to a week before russian reinforcement ran dry. I found out that you can fix alot by doing small tweaks to your missions.

the war lasted close to a week before russian reinforcement ran dry...

wow just awesome..

Knowing Mr. P they'd have gone nuclear had they the capacity..... :rolleyes:

wow just awesome..

Knowing Mr. P they'd have gone nuclear had they the capacity..... :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah good thing the opcom dont have that yet :P

Haha, yeah good thing the opcom dont have that yet :P

Well you say that, ALiVE_fnc_nuke exists!

What kinda in game framerate are you getting with that many units? What are people getting on maps like altis framerate wise?

also still wondering on my multispawn squad + insertion question on previous page?

i cant get alive to run.. not on eny maps.. what iam i doing wrong?

i edited the insurgency template inside the mod folder... got 800 civ placement units + 600 mil placement units + civ module > spawn @ 1500 (ground, heli, plane), CQB modules (both, civ and strategic) 600 mts spawn, active limiter to 100 units, in takistan, 30+ FPS and some stutter from time to time (this happens when alive uncache the units while im moving).

Everything is fluid, BUT the load time makes you think that the game just crashed or something lol (took almost 10 mins to load the mission)

Well you say that, ALiVE_fnc_nuke exists!

Oh shit, did not know that! Lets hope the opcoms stay away from the nuke storage for a little while longer! :D

What kinda in game framerate are you getting with that many units? What are people getting on maps like altis framerate wise?

also still wondering on my multispawn squad + insertion question on previous page?

Well regading the frames you have alot of options when it comes to ALiVE like how many active groups the opcom can have at one time (for my server the sweetspot is around 45-50), how far out the ai spawns in and so on. We tend to stay away from altis just because it is a really heavy map to run, i dont know if it is to many objects or what but on altis i would have somwhere close to 30-35 frames in kavala. Compared to duala or takistan where you have 70-90 fps. Oh and yeah the random stutters when alive is spawning units and when either side gets reinforcement.

Cant help with multispawn :(.

i edited the insurgency template inside the mod folder... got 800 civ placement units + 600 mil placement units + civ module > spawn @ 1500 (ground, heli, plane), CQB modules (both, civ and strategic) 600 mts spawn, active limiter to 100 units, in takistan, 30+ FPS and some stutter from time to time (this happens when alive uncache the units while im moving).

Everything is fluid, BUT the load time makes you think that the game just crashed or something lol (took almost 10 mins to load the mission)

Alot of the load time is because of the cqb module im guessing out of the 10 minutes 8 of them are cqb :P

Oh and forgot to ask anyone know if it is possible to set the military sector to smaller size? 100x100m instead of 1000x1000m? (atleast that is what i think it is at now 1kmx1km)

Edited by ChronicleDude
Another quote and a question.

Well regading the frames you have alot of options when it comes to ALiVE like how many active groups the opcom can have at one time (for my server the sweetspot is around 45-50), how far out the ai spawns in and so on. We tend to stay away from altis just because it is a really heavy map to run, i dont know if it is to many objects or what but on altis i would have somwhere close to 30-35 frames in kavala. Compared to duala or takistan where you have 70-90 fps. Oh and yeah the random stutters when alive is spawning units and when either side gets reinforcement.

Cant help with multispawn :(.

are you running any AI modifiers like ASR_AI and any mods on that or is that vanilla gameplay? i have NEVER been able to accomplish such feats either you have have hit BUT we are looking to start pushing for better frame rates as our group sees mid 20's with 35 in the limiter, 1500meter spawn radius and 1200 units.....civ limiter is set to 15.....@500meters and we get hammered at 25fps have moved servers with my host BlueFangSolutions already....we use ASR_AI's Newest but we tested it without it...and it didn't really make a noticeable difference in frames...so i ask because i wonder if im just doing this wrong....but by the sounds of it....im not as one guy is stating 100 in the active limiter?! i saw the insurgency mission with this release runs a 25 active limiter so ill be trying that out with his 1200 meter radius and see what happens....

WHO IS YOUR SERVER HOST? thats intense performance man.....and are you running any AI mods? or any other mods for that matter? CSE or anything like that?

On a fresh reboot on any A2 map you can achieve High 60+ FPS Clients (my system is vsynced at 60) Server runs at 47 tp 48 FPS - we're with Hetzner btw. We run @25 mods including AI mods.

However as soon as you have lots more players join you'll get around 35-40 as a good baseline result (I consider 35+ mid battle in Arma3 with mods and COOP to be good playable frames - anything more is bonus)

1500m spawn is way too far in my opinion. Unless you only have like 1 or 2 groups out there. If you build in Civs and CQB, 1500m is a massive area with WAY too many Ai spawned at once. First thing first reduce this down to 800m MAX (don't let idiots who think that Camping with a sniper rifle is decant MP gameplay, tell you otherwise - this is a group sport and should be enjoyed up close and personal!)

Ensure that aircraft are NOT spawning units when they overfly zones.

Set the max groups at one time to 30 - see what frames that gets you.

Altis is tricky as you must filter objects and numbers of CQB etc - it's very resource heavy for ALiVE - anyway who plays on Altis... boring.....