wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thanx Savage - I will take a look at your suggestion this evening. Appreciate the fast reply :)

REAPER

@Savage - thanx pal, worked like a charm!! My make-shift Insurgency style mission on Takistan is now smooth ;)

That being said.....I am ready to throw it out if we get the Insurgency Module/s in the next update :man3:

@Savage - thanx pal, worked like a charm!! My make-shift Insurgency style mission on Takistan is now smooth ;)

That being said.....I am ready to throw it out if we get the Insurgency Module/s in the next update :man3:

They stated that Insurgency modules will not be added until atleast 1.0, they said it hasn't achieve their goals yet.

Noob questions as I have just started using ALIVE

1)What exactly does it let you do - so far have just discovered the ability to chat to the helicopter pilot and give him directions - what are the other key features of this mod ?(any manual that I have overlooked or tutorial youtube?)

2)Are there any good SP missions that use this system?

Check the wiki out - link's in my sig down below. It covers rather a broad spectrum!

There are some missions on our website - and new release due imminently will have a shiny new mission included.

Looking forward to the next release, any chance of getting, Tropica, Kulima and mbg vietnam indexed? Also will the be more prominent to use air assets in the next version?

Edited by Sixt

Mac1, in short ALiVE makes you just one small part of a truly massive conflict.

Looking forward to the next release, any chance of getting, Tropica, Kulima and mbg vietnam indexed? Also will the be more prominent to use air assets in the next version?

EDIT: Better answer below

Edited by SpyderBlack723

ALiVE AI Commanders will use air assets if they're available. Only problem is that air units spawned on airfields often struggle to take off due to AI issues (and on some BIS maps half the hangars are even placed backwards). If you want more air you can place them in the mission manually and OPCOM will use them.

is there a way to place alive modules "live" while in zeus?

i mean it would be fantastic to be able to drop alive TAOR zones and set it up in zeus, and then activate it to spawn units

if this possible - it will make all and any kind of mission making go away ;)

Edited by n7snk

A lot of ALiVE initialises during mission start so this wouldn't be possible. We've been exploring the idea of dynamic TAOR's that you can draw on the map though.

are the PG services units broken right now with alive? i cannot get the PG Services to work yet i changed class names and got the CAF priates right in....i feel i have the wrong faction name..... PMC_POMI nor PMC_BAF have netted results at this time....??

are the PG services units broken right now with alive? i cannot get the PG Services to work yet i changed class names and got the CAF priates right in....i feel i have the wrong faction name..... PMC_POMI nor PMC_BAF have netted results at this time....??

That class name doesn't seem to match any of the ones listed on the 1st page of the PG Servuces thread, I suggest you check them out.

im not looking for a class name so much as the actual FACTION name....i tried the "search" function in the thread....even just the term "faction" is not found anywhere...thus leading me to post this question....anyone have it up and running? i dont mind taking this to PG thread but i figured someone may have gotten his working in here already.

UPDATE:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183539-PG-Services-(PMC)&p=2886089&viewfull=1#post2886089

so essentially im not crazy and my Clan mate posted the question on the PG thread and i posted mine here and BAM! we have a solution to the PG Services Faction Classname! (now it should come up if someone searches it here haha)

thanks either way folks!

Absolutely loving the addition of camps and roadblocks! I'm not too sure where to put this but I noticed a weird little bug (Ive only been using the IS-Mod and IraqWarfarre so far) but when the CWB module spawns these factions they sometimes have vanilla arma loadouts (ECH helmet, MXC rifle, NVGs, etc.)

Thanks for the amazing mod! (and really the only reason I play Arma 3 :D, got absolutely hooked on MSO in arma 2 back in the day :P) Can't wait for the new update and operating across isla duala :D!

Edited by Opendome

Absolutely loving the addition of camps and roadblocks! I'm not too sure where to put this but I noticed a weird little bug (Ive only been using the IS-Mod and IraqWarfarre so far) but when the CWB module spawns these factions they sometimes have vanilla arma loadouts (ECH helmet, MXC rifle, NVGs, etc.)

Thanks for the amazing mod! (and really the only reason I play Arma 3 :D, got absolutely hooked on MSO in arma 2 back in the day :P) Can't wait for the new update and operating across isla duala :D!

I could be wrong but it is most likely a problem with those units themselves, do they look normal in the editor when spawned in normally without ALiVE?

I could be wrong but it is most likely a problem with those units themselves, do they look normal in the editor when spawned in normally without ALiVE?

CAF Aggressors had a nasty habit of doing this to some units though I believe it's been fixed (I think?) - they'd run around with CSAT gear and dish dashes on. It's quite conceivable some other mods may induce the same bug. No idea what caused it though - something off in the config no doubt.

- - - CLAS - - -

- - - FLASH - - -

- - - 231110ZFEB15 - - -

- - -MESSAGE BEGINS - - -

23rd Feb 2015

ALiVE Commumity

Intel reports suggest incoming update of ALiVE, exact time is currently unknown.

All units are expected to be in a state of readiness to receive the update.

- - - END OF MESSAGE - - -

Will we finally get to see this new insurgency module(s)?

I'm excited. :O

Will we finally get to see this new insurgency module(s)?

I'm excited. :O

Not yet however there will be some "Insurgency-like" features in the update as well as an excellent Insurgency mission by Hazey (A2 style)