wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

I tried Quick Start and Divide & Rule for a test, both started up fine. (re-downloaded mod from alivemod.com, CBA 1.0.9.140907)

Quick Start took 16.02 secs

Divide & Rule took 145.82 secs

which mission did you mean specifically?

quick start worked for me tour too but Divide & Rule hangs on loading screen forever, most of the times almost every mission i make in editor using alive hangs on loading screen

tried with RHS it hangs tried with LOP mods hangs too tried with IS-MOD hangs tried blufor vs opfor works but adding CQB module hangs it :(

edit : game don't hang if using MP obj + civ placement modules and leaving the TAOR marker empty in both modules but i get random placement for both sides ( BUL_F VS OPF_F )

Edited by cholo

I'm part of the 2nd Mef clan and while our alive server is tied with the war room, Im conected to it but everybody elses stats are saved but mine are not listed. My name is tied to the war room and I can pull up my stats page, but I have no records or anything. No one else has this problem. Can someone please look into fixing it for me. This is our server information http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.112.24:2302/ and this is my profile page.

http://alivemod.com/war-room/showpersonnel/Nik0

but I have no records or anything

Try going to edit profile in the war room, and check that the player ID number matches your ID in-game.

Could someone shed some light on how exactly military logistics is supposed to work. I've watched a bunch of videos and checked the wiki page out, the logistics module works except the reinforcements spawns in the SW corner of the altis map. It then proceeds to do nothing and just stay out there, if I take a look with ZEUS the units get teleported to the coast and then proceed to move to actual objectives. Vehicles get blown up as they don't take kindly to water.

Using execVM "\x\alive\addons\mil_logistics\tests\test_ML.sqf" to manually call for reinforcements works great and they arrive in under 5 minutes. Its just the AI commander that makes a royal mess of things.

It calls for the reinforcements, it just never arrives; despite it holding military airbases. I also noticed there's no MIL INSERTION debug info showing up when the AI commander calls reinforcements, is this normal behavior?

Picture of SE spawns

My mission.sqm

Many thanks in advance.

*Edit

Seems like the first group to spawn moves while the rest sits in the SW corner.

Edited by NedStar

Could someone shed some light on how exactly military logistics is supposed to work. I've watched a bunch of videos and checked the wiki page out, the logistics module works except the reinforcements spawns in the SW corner of the altis map. It then proceeds to do nothing and just stay out there, if I take a look with ZEUS the units get teleported to the coast and then proceed to move to actual objectives. Vehicles get blown up as they don't take kindly to water.

Using execVM "\x\alive\addons\mil_logistics\tests\test_ML.sqf" to manually call for reinforcements works great and they arrive in under 5 minutes. Its just the AI commander that makes a royal mess of things.

It calls for the reinforcements, it just never arrives; despite it holding military airbases. I also noticed there's no MIL INSERTION debug info showing up when the AI commander calls reinforcements, is this normal behavior?

Picture of SE spawns

My mission.sqm

Many thanks in advance.

*Edit

Seems like the first group to spawn moves while the rest sits in the SW corner.

yes AI commander miss up the logistic at some point and it can't figure out how to use it , logistics supposed to take a route behind friendly lines ( support route ) which supposed to be very high value target to the enemy forces but this is not yet simulated in ALiVE

ok here is a question.. so making an ironfront mission and ran into a problem with the logistics..... the enemy is deploying reinforcments via helicopter. is it possable to limit ai logistics to just convoy?

Anybody had any luck finding a fix for the infinite load screen with Alive? :(

i find it has to do with something not being synced correctly.. you might have a module grouped under your sync line. since arma loves to group everything you put down on the editor

Unfortunately not in this scenario, I set up the basics; Req Alive and Profile system, unsynced. AI Commander synced to Civ. Mil placement assigned to a Taor. Thats all. Nothing else and still, infinite load.

Bung me your mission and I'll take a look at it. Can't replicate the problem at all myself!

My issue was that the opcom for the opfpr wasn't set to opfor and I also forgot the g (for guerilla) in the units thing (can't remember right now)

Was anything broken in the last arma iii update or are we good to go?

Can anyone please confirm if War room / Database will Only works with Static IP as we have a Dynamic IP but are using .dyndns.org .

Tried filling in the IP with our xxxxxxl.dyndns.org but no joy :(

It only works with static IP. You'll need to change it for each session to maintain persistence working.

Bung me your mission and I'll take a look at it. Can't replicate the problem at all myself!

Im using it with the Ukraine/Novorussian mod, so factions are RNR_Pack and UA_Pack and is set on Chernarus from Allinarma - it can work, the mission has worked on several occasions, but mostly just freezes on the loading screen. So should I zip up the mission and give a link?

Mods:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27154

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20106

Link to mission:

See how you go :P

Edited by RAINF
Added link

Im using it with the Ukraine/Novorussian mod, so factions are RNR_Pack and UA_Pack and is set on Chernarus from Allinarma - it can work, the mission has worked on several occasions, but mostly just freezes on the loading screen. So should I zip up the mission and give a link?

Mods:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27154

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20106

Link to mission:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f709cc36

See how you go :P

So.... I downloaded all those modpacks, to beeing able to even open your mission (though we always say, provide a vanilla mission, but ok).

But what i really DO NOT appreciate is that the mission is packed in an EXE that actually has ADWARE in it (MULTIPLUG.GEN/4)....

I mean, sorry BUT WTF...........?! What the freaking FECK?!

WTF i didnt though? I wouldnt do that, i just googled a file host. I took the mission, i pbo'd it, then i zipped it, and then uploaded it? Whats a more reliable file host?

Edit:

Just googled them, found this:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/283082-DO-NOT-use-datafilehost

So sorry about that, I am editing the previous post and replacing the download link with something that doesnt fuck with my upload.

This link is safe, I downloaded the file from there myself to check, just a plain zip and the pbo file.

http://www.filedropper.com/ukrainecivilwar

Edited by RAINF

WTF i didnt though? I wouldnt do that, i just googled a file host. I took the mission, i pbo'd it, then i zipped it, and then uploaded it? Whats a more reliable file host?

Edit:

Just googled them, found this:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/283082-DO-NOT-use-datafilehost

So sorry about that, I am editing the previous post and replacing the download link with something that doesnt fuck with my upload.

This link is safe, I downloaded the file from there myself to check, just a plain zip and the pbo file.

http://www.filedropper.com/ukrainecivilwar

Hi mate!

Its ok! I should have been aware of it myself! No bad feelings, i was just a bit.. lets say... "shocked"!

Im gonna look at your mission later today if all goes well!

Have a nice day, bro!

And again, no bad feelings!

I dont blame you for being shocked, I should have checked before I uploaded it, but ive never uploaded a zip before :P Now i know better. Thankyou!

Hi All,

Just need some help.. We had a mission in alive to "Destroy civilian facility" which was in a small base. We had no idea what to destroy and didn't complete the task. There

was sacks of foods, empty weapon and ammo crates and a piece of machinery with fans on it. we destroyed it all with satchels except for the base walls.

Anyone got any ideas as to what we needed to do to complete the task. We've come across similar tasks and never been able to complete them.

I think I found it! The reason the missions hang indefinitely at the loading screen! I thought it was something with the civilian modules but after tinkering trying to get a new mission to work on the server the cqb started giving me the same issue! It's how density is called! Is there a way to switch the density on the civ module to a percentage of buildings on the map that are in the config array for a hotfix? I would love you forever!

Hello,

for the first time we are able to use the War Room because we just rented a Windows Root.

Now, we are able but it doesn't work. I did everything thats been instructed. (Launching Arma with @Alive and @Aliveserver, putting the alive.cfg in the Appdata/Local/Alive folder....)

This is the Alive.log:

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info Arma2NET 2.2.0.0 running on CLR 4.0.30319.34209

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info Loaded into process arma3server

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info Loading addins

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Error Failed to create addin application domain ALiVEPlugIn for C:\Games\Mods\@AliveServer\AddIns\ALiVEPlugIn\ALiVEPlugIn.dll

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Warn Falling back to the main application domain

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Error Failed to create addin application domain DateTimePlugin for C:\Games\Mods\@AliveServer\AddIns\DateTimePlugin\DateTimePlugin.dll

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Warn Falling back to the main application domain

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info Domain Name Version Publisher Description

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain SendxRTML 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Sends data to an xRTML service

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain GetBulkJSON 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Gets record from bulk data stack

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain StartALiVE 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Returns the startup data

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain SendJSON 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Send data as JSON to a URL, accepts url, method, module, data returns json string

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain ServerLocation 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Returns the ARMA 2 server geo location.

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain ServerAddress 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Returns the ARMA 2 server IP address.

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain GetWeatherLocation 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Gets Weather Location - accepts location (country/city) string returns json string

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain SendBulkJSON 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Sends bulk data as JSON to a URL, accepts url, method, module, data returns json string

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain SendJSONToFile 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Send data asynchronously as JSON to a File, accepts module, data returns string

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain ServerName 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Returns the ARMA 2 server name.

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain ServerHostName 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Returns the ARMA 2 server host name as seen in the MP play list.

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain SendJSONAsync 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Send data asynchronously as JSON to a URL, accepts url, method, module, data returns json string

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain GroupName 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Returns the group ID specified in ALiVE.cfg.

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain GetWeather 0.1.0.0 Tupolov Gets Weather data - accepts year,month,day,hour and location (string city or lon/lat) returns json string

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info DefaultDomain DateTime 2.0.0.0 Scott_NZ Returns the current date and time.

02/01/2015 22:54:46 Info Arma2NET initialized in 00:00:00.2851321

02/01/2015 22:55:29 Error Caught exception of type System.Net.WebException

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 162.220.62.158:80

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

at ALiVEPlugIn.ServerAddress._download_serialized_json_data[T](String url)

at ALiVEPlugIn.ServerAddress.Invoke(String args, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainInvokeAddIn()

at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.InvokeAddIn(String addInName, String arguments, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeBuiltInOrAddIn(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeFunction(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

02/01/2015 22:55:29 Error function: ServerAddress

02/01/2015 22:55:29 Error maxResultSize: 10239

02/01/2015 22:55:50 Error Caught exception of type System.Net.WebException

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 162.220.62.158:80

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

at ALiVEPlugIn.ServerAddress._download_serialized_json_data[T](String url)

at ALiVEPlugIn.ServerAddress.Invoke(String args, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.DomainInvokeAddIn()

at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)

at Arma2Net.Managed.AddInManager.InvokeAddIn(String addInName, String arguments, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeBuiltInOrAddIn(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

at Arma2Net.Managed.Bridge.InvokeFunction(String function, Int32 maxResultSize)

02/01/2015 22:55:50 Error function: ServerAddress

02/01/2015 22:55:50 Error maxResultSize: 10239

Could you guys help me?

What is funny, for my player I finally managed to get it connected. But the group will not be update nor will the mission show up in the recent operations.

Many Greetings

Moony

Was the sector occupation display fixed? I remember it got broken in some of the recent updates.

Is it anything big? If it would require small editing then I could fix it for myself.

I've raised a bug tracker for it (had assumed it was already done as I know the Dev's had acknowledged the issue previously)

I'm pretty sure you could have a look see, but ALiVE is no simple beast :-)

I think that the next release can't be too far away looking at the status reports.... Fingers crossed

SJ